15 years helping British businesses

About Sprout Social

Drive satisfaction, expand relationships and ensure long-term loyalty with social customer care | Try Sprout Free

Learn more about Sprout Social

Pros:

Cons:

The con would be the price. If you are a small business or just starting out, paying for this software would be difficult.

Sprout Social ratings

4.4
4.3
4.2
4.0

7.9/10

Sprout Social has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 579 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sprout Social before?

SEO Content Writer in US
Defense & Space, 11–50 Employees

Dashboard Metrics and Report Generation Make My Job Easy

Comments: I really like the customer service experience I've had here. I'm very new to YouTube from a marketing standpoint, and Sprout gave me a lot of resources to learn.

Pros:

I work in marketing and report to professionals who don't have as much marketing expertise as me. Having a dashboard view of the social media statistics really helps me explain and analyze the significance of changes.

Cons:

The software itself is tough to navigate. Things change around a lot, and that makes it difficult if you present metrics on screen share.

Loretta
Loretta
Social Media Community Manager in US
Consumer Electronics, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good Software for Data Analytics

Comments: We have been bounced around from account manager to account manager which has been unfortunate as we haven't been able to optimize things very well or probably get the most out of the product. We don't really use the listening tools and I think that is partly because we don't quite know how to set it up. That seems to be a BIG selling point for them but we aren't big on Twitter so that appears to not help us much. As a community manager I would prefer better ways to track sentiment, track engagement metrics, and pull better insights per post on engagement % to see how that effects reach and other data points. But since we don't use Twitter at the moment we seem to miss out on a lot of their focus areas.

Pros:

The data we are able to get from Sprout is fantastic. They recently added an inbox activity tracker which has been a game changer for engagement management. Being able to get an export of all of our post data too is phenomenal. WAY better than trying to pull things directly from each app.

Cons:

Not being able to pull YouTube comment data is a big detractor. You also aren't able to not include some posts in reporting (for example we did a giveaway post on Instagram which skewed our entire metrics for the month). No one has TikTok data yet and I am not sure Sprout will be the first as they take a while to implement feedback (if at all).

Cassie
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Idea is great, follow through not so much..

Comments: I would say I'm pretty neutral about it. I was so excited about using them but if I could rewind time I never would have switched.

Pros:

I manage 13 different social media accounts so I need scheduling software to keep up with everything! The majority of the reports on sprout are the same as you can find on your social media channel, but having everything in one place makes reports easier.

Cons:

We have had some issues with Sprout since we signed up and the customer service along with the follow-through has been less than ideal. First off you have no account manager, the guy who signed us up washed his hands of us the second he got the check. I found this out when we were having issues connecting our Instagram. After 2 MONTHS, yes 2 months, of talking to support and engineers none of which could help us solve the issue we finally spoke with someone who had an idea of what was going on. After a couple of hours on the phone with him, everything was all fixed, except it wasn't truly fixed. The next day we discovered that since they were having issues connecting our business FB to our business Instagram they just created another business page for us to connect it to. So now we have a business page out there that isn't ours that we can't get Fb to remove. In addition to this major issue we have has small ones such as not being able to post a gif, and not being able to post multiple photos to Instagram through the desktop. It seems the more we use Sprout the more we realize it is not up to par.

Greg
Greg
Founder & Creative Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Sprout Social is a social media management tool.

Comments: Overall our experience has been very positive. We've found Sprout Social to be easy to setup and use, and also easy to teach to some of our less tech savvy customers. They really like the ability to login and review posts all at once from a single screen.

Pros:

We most like the ability to manage multiple accounts easily. We manage over 20 social media accounts across several platforms using Sprout Social and we have always found it very intuitive and easy to use. Adding new accounts is easy and there are several features that add value to the product that we use regularly.

Cons:

Pricing when you're adding multiple additional accounts is confusing, especially for agencies who may want to use Sprout to manage all agency accounts. Single accounts can only manage 10 profiles without upgrading which for an agency is a limit we hit very quickly.

E-Learning, 51–200 Employees

Makes Social Media Management so Easy!

Comments: It's been a great experience so far. They also have a great support team that you can work with to ensure that you're utilizing all of the platform features as best as you can. For teams who struggle to plan and manage their social accounts, I highly recommend Sprout Social. The platform also can help you uncover trends for future planning too!

Pros:

No one has the time to sit there and individually schedule out social posts so that's where Sprout Social comes into play! We purchased this software to help us plan and manage our organic social media calendar easily. They also can integrate with paid ads, but that's not something we use it for. I love that you can see a calendar of upcoming posts so I can see if there are any gaps in our calendar. Sprout Social also has very robust reporting for each platform and it has allowed me to have deeper insights into how our accounts and posts are doing. It's been a big lifesaver. Prior to this, I would always forget to post so this has made it easier to make a plan!

Cons:

The platform is kind of pricey, especially as you add on more licenses. You can't create any custom reports. However, they have a lot of robust reports so I imagine you don't need to. We haven't needed to yet.

☞ Matt
☞ Matt
CEO in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

Worst decision we have made for a marketing platform

Comments: Terrible. One of the worst decisions we have made. Now that they are still charging us, we asked for support and they said they can only send articles and videos. Nobody can talk to us.

Pros:

The "pros" didn't turn out to be pros at all. We wanted our clients to be able to use the link from Sprout and review posts. Turns out, they had trouble with it and never used it. Every other feature can be found in systems 1/10 the price.

Cons:

They will not let me out of the contract. They auto-renewed me after a year for another year and we have since moved all our accounts elsewhere but they are still charging us $400/ month.

Kulinda
Kulinda
Head of Digital media marketing in Sri Lanka
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Sprout social is the best Social media management tool out there.

Comments: It simplifies social media management, reduces the need to switch between multiple platforms, and offers a centralized hub for various tasks, including scheduling, analytics, engagement, and content management. This saves time and improve overall efficiency for our team and business.

Pros:

Post Scheduling,Social media listening tools,Content management

Cons:

Only issue I have with Sprout is the cost.

Director of Marketing in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

My favorite social media management app for 8 years

Comments: Great experience with Sprout. Their customer service is quick to respond and resolve issues.

Pros:

It's stood the test of time. Overall I like the smart inbox, reporting, and scheduling options.

Cons:

The interactivity/messaging collaboration between teammates. I feel like it could improve.

Chetan
Chetan
Director in India
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Amazing Social Media Management Tool I have ever used!

Comments: It was a wonderful experience with the Sprout Social. We have made many automation campaigns which helped our consumers a lot with no manpower needed.

Pros:

Sprout Social is the best tool for the social media management, and analytics as comparison to others.

Cons:

It's the complete tool we have ever used. We liked the software a lot. It the best with quick analytics, and automations.

Dhirendra
Marketing Manager in India
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Game Changer for Social Media

5.0 last month New

Pros:

The best feature of Sprout Social is that you are able to connect multiple social media platforms. I can also set up the user features which keep track of and approve any posts that a user wants to publish to one of our social media platforms.

Cons:

One thing which I little bit dislike about it is its cost s paying extra for features can make overall cost prohibitive as it is really hard for small business owners and individuals.

Nathaly
Marketing Manager in South Africa
Utilities, 11–50 Employees

Super Charge your Social Media

Comments: Definitely enjoyed the user friendliness of the platform and their support was also really great. I enjoyed the smart inboxes, competitors social analysis and scheduler. I would say the platform is easy to get into straight away and is easy to build a fell formed strategy from. Not much else too it. If it wasn't for the cost, I would have definitely gone with this platform and I'm still a little sad that I was not able to use the software just because of price. Definitely a Happy, Easy and Joyful experience.

Pros:

Firstly. Sprout is extremely user friendly and simple to use. I honestly really enjoyed that all comments and direct messages from any platform are collected in an inbox for me to respond to as soon as possible and never miss a comment. This was very important to me and something that I could not find on other platforms. I also enjoy the Scheduler, which is important to be but similar to any other scheduler. The competitors analysis of their social media was very enlightening and brought a whole new spin to the game which I also really appreciated! The software has your typical reporting and listening tools, which is also essential. I would say that sprout is very on point when it comes to doing a cohesive social media strategy. Would definitely recommend to anyone who wants One place to take care of all things social media related.

Cons:

You can not control any Ad accounts from sprout, but you can engage with boosted posts and ad's once they are live. Hence, sprout will work in compliment with the original ad account. I also struggled with the fact that I was only allowed 10 accounts. We are not an agency but still need more than 10 social accounts. Their price to add accounts asked too much for us to beable to continue with the purchase of the software. We operate in South Africa. So going from Rand to Dollar is quite a big leap. Although the software has many lovely tools, the price just didn't equate for us. The only other tool I can think of which would be missing is SEO in terms of Social. Otherwise Sprout Social pretty much has most tools you would need from a Social Managing platform

Jessi
Stay at Home Mom in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

One of my go-to SM management tools

Pros:

Great user interface (I like it much better than Hootsuite's interface). Customer service is superb! Anytime I had any issues with using SproutSocial, their customer service was a chat or email away. Their customer service seems like a very small team of people, but they are very quick to respond and get to a solution. I've used SproutSocial for several different companies, both large and small, and it works great for managing it all. Analytical reports are clean and better than the ones in Hootsuite. My favorite features are the reports, social listing tools (You can see who's interacting with your company or specific keywords you set up) and being able to 'check off' messages or notifications that you have seen or responded to already. In HootSuite, you cannot do this and sometimes messages can be missed. Another favorite feature in the reporting is being able to compare your company page with competitors and see how you stack up agains the competition. Following/unfollowing accounts on Twitter is another great and useful feature.

Cons:

There are a couple social networks that cannot be integrated with SproutSocial, and therefore I have to resort to also using Hootsuite. Things like LinkedIn Showcase Pages, Youtube, Vimeo, LinkedIn groups, Facebook groups to name a few cannot be scheduled or automated. SproutSocial covers the larger social media pages you need to manage like Facebook pages and Twitter. Because it cannot schedule at all social networks, I have to do most of my scheduling in Hootsuite.

Kim
Social Media Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Sprout is really user friendly, from both an interaction point and management. Good blogs too!

Comments: Using Sprout along side another platform for a different client (their choice) the overall functionality of Sprout is really clear! It is much faster and user friendly.

Pros:

Sprout is great for interactions. Having over 1000 pages to look after means we need to be able to access specific pages quickly, and view messages for just the one page in a set profile group - this is really easy with Sprout! In terms of quality reviewing responses from a management point of view, it is great - you can see full threads and who did what. For reporting, you can tailor reports for each clients needs. After using an alternative platform, Sprout is MUCH faster all round - finding interactions and, general interaction in terms of loading and sending messages. In regards to task management, it is really good at making sure that you keep on top of things, as you can add an internal note which is front facing when you click into your tasks. The updates are also handy, as you can now select oldest to newest or newest to oldest - when there is a large number of incoming interactions it means there are less loading issues.

Cons:

Sometimes there are bugs, which can cause functionality issues (but this does happen with all software). Because we are a UK company, and Sprout's support team are in the US it does mean that we have to wait until the afternoon on our time for any additional information - although you are able to log the error you are experiencing.

Yige
Yige
Customer Acquisition Analyst in Nigeria
Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Brings part-efficiency and valuable insights into our social media management process.

Comments: One of the most important business problems we are solving with Sprout social , is the problem of automating how we share contents to our social media platforms. By using Sprout Social, we are able to gather valuable intelligence about our customers and utilize them to improve our overall social media strategy.

Pros:

I love Sprout Social's listening feature. This tool allows us to eavesdrop on conversations the public is having about our brand on social media platforms. Being able to tap into these conversations helps us gather valuable intelligence and gain a better understanding of customer sentiments about our products and services.

Cons:

One of the biggest drawbacks of Sprout Social is the difficulty I encounter when attempting to publish posts to multiple social media platforms with a single draft. For example, when composing and scheduling posts to our Twitter handle, the enforced word count limit of 280 characters makes it impossible to switch a draft post meant for our Instagram or Facebook pages to be posted on our Twitter handle. This limitation has forced us to compose separate drafts for each social media platform where we have a presence, making the process of sharing content to multiple social platforms very cumbersome.

Ashwaq
Digital Director in Saudi Arabia
Public Relations & Communications, 51–200 Employees

Good tool for multiple account and advanced reporting

Pros:

Multiple account management and monitoring and advanced reporting with valuable insights plus scheduling

Cons:

Additional payment for advanced analytics and accounts getting disconnected frequently

Shannon
Marketing Design Specialist in US
Banking, 51–200 Employees

Improvements and Satisfaction from a Graphic Designer/Content Specialist

Comments: It has been great to consolidate all our social media to one spot. It saves time in planning and gives us the ability to track data, which is the most valuable feature for us. Too many great things to say. Always appreciate the drive for continuous improvement of Sprout Social. I think staying on top ever-changing social features and trends sets Sprout apart.

Pros:

So many great features and usability! Truly the the most innovative tool for social media on the market.

Cons:

- It would be nice if when you select multiple social media profiles to post to at the same time it would automatically post to the most optimal time for each instead of averaging the time of all of them. - If we have a piece of content that we really want people to see, it would be nice to know optimal send time over a given week instead of only being able to see optimal send time on one given day. Maybe it is a a stat that shows up on your dash board like "the best time to post this week is: Thursday at 12:05 PM." Optimal send times could be its own page or report. - It would be GREAT if you could see a breakdown of business demographics vs personal profile demographics. I think our demographics for Twitter are inaccurate, because most of our followers are businesses/organizations and automatically assign a male gender and random age when they create their profile. - It is not clear in your "Always up-to-date" specs for LinkedIn the exact size of an image when you post it. - Exact image specs for social is kinda confusing. It looks like Twitter's in-post preview doesn't match the specs - graphics get cut off. Also, it looks like Twitter and Facebook also previews different content sizes in addition to what is listed on your specs pages. For example, in-post square images show up on Facebook and Twitter without getting cut off. It would be nice to know all the different sizes each social media sizes that are offered as they change.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Great tool for analyzing social media marketing efforts

Pros:

I like the interface and its straightforward.

Cons:

The paid version is better and can't do much in the free version

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Social Media accounts rolled into one package

Comments: Not everyone likes to use social media but most understand the value of it so using Sprout can help get the word across all the different social media platforms at once with minimal to technically no time actually spent on the individual social media sites themselves. Most importantly, it helps get the job done more efficiently and will give you a clear picture of how your social media presence is doing, which can help you figure out how to improve and where to focus your attention more.

Pros:

It gives the ability to post to all social media accounts in one step. This saves a lot of time for businesses that want to promote the same things across several platforms. It's easy to select or deselect the accounts you want to include for any post and it gives detailed analytics for everything in one place.

Cons:

Accounts sometimes get disconnected for no explainable reason and it just becomes an inconvenience to check and reconnect when you are using the software to make things easier. There are also limitations on formats and features that you might be able to control better directly through the social media platform itself so if you use those a lot, it defeats the purpose of having Sprout.

Accounting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

social network management solution

Comments: it's a quite nice and afordable solution.

Pros:

Sprout Social is one of the best social network management solution. Monitor the performance and management of the community

Cons:

Some features are not free of charges. I hope they will update this

Jessie
Junior Designer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Excellent platform to plan the publication of content on social networks and more

Comments: Since its deployment, it has been great; it has allowed us to save time while maintaining the social networks administered by the company. The report generator has performed well, making it easy to schedule content publishing, track it in depth with little to no fuss, and increase decision-making in digital marketing.

Pros:

Because of its usability, high level of intuitiveness in its user interface, integrated functions, and established metrics for reports, Sprout Social is well-liked in my organization when managing social networks and all the content intended for them. It is well-liked because it is one of the most comprehensive on the market. The solution is fantastic for small, medium-sized businesses and freelancers; it is outstanding and lacks complexity; it is simple to teach new users how to use; and it offers exceptional customer support.

Cons:

There were only two aspects of Sprout Social that I didn't particularly like. The first was the price because it is so exorbitant. On the other hand, the support staff is slow to respond.

Katie
Social Media Intern in US

A Killer Deal Needing A Few Tweaks

Comments: Overall, the software is a killer deal and easy to pick up and use. I do feel like there's more I can be doing with the software than I currently am, but it's hard for me to know what all is in there.

Pros:

I work for a non-profit, so this software is a great value for the features it offers. It is fairly intuitive and easy to pick up quickly. I like the calendar view, and I like being able to comment on posts that are being drafted to communicate with my coworkers.

Cons:

There are a few weird quirks it would be great to fix, if possible. Having to manually post the multi-picture instagrams leaves a larger margin for human error (I realize this is mostly instagrams fault, but is a consistent issue I have). While I love being able to message my coworkers in sprout, the notification feature for this could use some improvement. Instead of spamming inboxes (why do I get an email when I make a comment..?), it would be great to have red notification flags within the software (I use a desktop, maybe this is available on the app?), so anytime my coworkers log in they can see it. I also find it frustrating that I need to constantly refresh in order to see the most up to date calendar/drafts. We have many marketing team members, so being able to have it auto refresh would be helpful in keeping up with what is most up to date. I wish I was able to send comments when I send a post for approval (ie. Need to add a picture, should we schedule this for xx date, I'm having trouble with this sentence, how would you phrase it, etc), since the notifications on post comments isn't great and my manager doesn't always see them. Lastly, the desktop version has an outdated emoji keyboard available - would love to see it offer all the emojis you can get on your phone.

Ginger
Ginger
Social Media Manager in US

We LOVE Sprout Social!

Comments: From the beginning, the Sprout team that has worked with us has been friendly, easy going, fun to talk to, and answered all of our questions. Their chat, customer service, and account managing team is great to work with.

Pros:

This is practically a "do-it-all" tool. As long as I've been in the social media marketing business, we've been looking for a tool that has everything we need in one. Sprout Social certainly gets close with it's ability to produce, schedule, and post our content, store images in a library, organize our clients in folders and teams, produce reports and share analysis and metrics that are important to us. We're currently looking into using it's listening capabilities and then we'll pretty much have all we need.

Cons:

We've noticed different team members have to use different web browsers to access full functionality of Sprout. Some of us are good on Chrome, while others works better with Safari or Firefox. Haven't had this issue with any other tools we use, but noticed it in particular about this one.

Penny
Social Media Community Manager in Italy

Overall, Sprout is a wonderful tool, but lately, there have been issues that have arisen.

Pros:

The ease of navigation and publishing, I like the added feature of optimal send times, and that Pinterest is now added.

Cons:

Recently, we have been having trouble with photos from links not populating in the photo field when already published causing us to have to go directly into the platforms and edit/correct or add again when we realize this, because it appears to be there when we are publishing. Very time consuming. Also, we have been having issues with photos being cut off when they are published on the platforms, but seem normal when we use the eye tool to check. We always have to re-size photos elsewhere because the editing tool is insufficient, especially with regard to Twitter and LinkedIn. Before, we could use the normal FB size photo for all and be done, but as of May 2018, not the case. Also, we are having problems with notifications. When someone leaves a comment in the approval section, and you respond, the original sender does not get notification that you have responded via email, they have to manually check the software. Also, the fact we are unable to tag as before, but that's a FB privacy issue.

Román
Senior consultant in Spain
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Sprout Social: All your social media accounts and tasks in a single smart inbox

Comments: Sprout Social has helped us solve the problem of working with several accounts at the same time, especially with clients that use social networks as customer service channels for their services and companies.
Sprout Social's server capacity and the overall stability of the platform are also remarkable.
When a certain scale is reached in the number of users and managed profiles, the cost-benefit ratio increases positively.

Pros:

The most useful tool of Sprout Social is the smart inbox, which brings together all the interactions, messages and comments of all social media profiles that are handled in a single working queue. This allows you to easily manage large amounts of work and is particularly useful for CRM jobs with social networks.

Cons:

The limited capacity to conduct complex social listening research.

Jamie
Head Of Marketing in UK
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Probably the best social media tool on the market

Pros:

I've used Sprout Social on and off for many years. It's fantastic to use (a really great UI) and it performs very well too - so many useful features. From scheduling to reporting, social listening to chatbots, Sprout Social has it all. It's been growing as a tool over the years and they've been refining the key aspects (such as user permissions, approval processing, reporting and social listening) to the point where it's a brilliant tool. Their recently added features such as advanced listening and chatbots have put it in a whole new league.

Cons:

Whilst the pricing is fair, it does get expensive once you start adding multiple users (as the pricing stated on their website is per user). Some of the features that are available for higher pricing packages would be nice to explore as a smaller user but it's understandable that some features are enterprise level.