Filter by:

• Overall

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social offers social media engagement, publishing, analytics, listening and reporting solutions for leading agencies and brands.

Learn more about Sprout Social

Demand Generation Manager
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2021

"Makes Social Media Management so Easy!"

Comments: It's been a great experience so far. They also have a great support team that you can work with to ensure that you're utilizing all of the platform features as best as you can. For teams who struggle to plan and manage their social accounts, I highly recommend Sprout Social. The platform also can help you uncover trends for future planning too!

Pros: No one has the time to sit there and individually schedule out social posts so that's where Sprout Social comes into play! We purchased this software to help us plan and manage our organic social media calendar easily. They also can integrate with paid ads, but that's not something we use it for. I love that you can see a calendar of upcoming posts so I can see if there are any gaps in our calendar. Sprout Social also has very robust reporting for each platform and it has allowed me to have deeper insights into how our accounts and posts are doing. It's been a big lifesaver. Prior to this, I would always forget to post so this has made it easier to make a plan!

Cons: The platform is kind of pricey, especially as you add on more licenses. You can't create any custom reports. However, they have a lot of robust reports so I imagine you don't need to. We haven't needed to yet.

Alternatives Considered: Hootsuite

Reasons for Switching to Sprout Social: When I trialed HootSuite, the platform seemed more complex than Sprout Social and had less reporting capabilities at the time. I believe HootSuite might be a bit cheaper though

• Reviewed on 04/03/2021
Marketing specialist
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2021

"Good tool, but need to keep an eye on it"

Comments: Overall, Sprout Social is a great tool, but it shouldn't be used in a way that ignores your physical social media pages. It is important to continue to monitor those pages, check how posts pull through as the end product, etc.

Pros: The best part of Sprout Social is the ability to preview your social media posts. These previews allow you to see if a photo will crop properly or if it will crop in a weird way, and they allow you to adjust text so it best fits the page. It is also great that you can schedule posts to multiple sites, plan ahead, and easily duplicate posts.

Cons: While the post previews are a great tool, sometimes they are deceptive, especially with Twitter. Most of my posts to twitter end up looking different in the final post, as preview photos are not always pulled through. Additionally, if you make adjustments to the photo or crop in Sprout Social, it is important to double check that they actually apply on the back end.

• Reviewed on 10/05/2021
Dan F.
Dan F.
Social Media Manager
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Simple Social Media Scheduling Tool"

Comments: Good.

Pros: Sprout Social is an easy-to-use product that allows the Beginner Social Media Manager/Coordinator the ability to save time and be efficient. It has a basic reporting cluster and overall, it's a good tool.

Cons: There was no drap-and-drop ability. This may seem petty but when you're scheduling 60-90 pieces of content per month, having to manually open each desired post to edit the date and/or time so that the posting doesn't clash with another post is quite cumbersome. Furthermore, when you have all of these posts on different days and at different times, it's hard to go into a day and recall which date had which post on which social platform at which time. Seeing all of this in a calendar view and literally moving the desired post and everything that corresponds with it, to another date is soooo easy and pleasant to the mind. The lack of a social queue was a major deciding factor as well.

Alternatives Considered: SocialPilot, Hootsuite, CoSchedule and Buffer

Reasons for Switching to Sprout Social: This platform was selected by the previous person in my position and was the platform we used as I arrived.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Abigail N.
Abigail N.
Social Media Specialist
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Simple SM manager with superior Analytics feature"

Comments: I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and on Capterra and my expectations soared and became somewhat unrealistic to be honest. The pricing threw me off because $99 monthly seemed kind of steep given the features. Nevertheless, I had nothing to lose by trying it out so I decided to signup for a trial. I’ve used/currently use Hootsuite, Buffer, Swift Social, Kontentino, and many other social media managers, so I had a lot to compare Sprout social with. Sprout social is easy to use, the layout is fairly simple and uncomplicated, the dashboard is somewhat of a mix between Social pilot and Kontentino, so are the features. My favorite features are the Smart inbox and the Sprout queue. The social queue is similar to Hootsuite Auto schedule function. The RSS function in the feeds tab is also really nice as I was able to connect it to my Feedly account. A major use of this is the post via RSS function, which I used to auto tweet blog posts from influencer blogs in my niche. The Asset Library is also an amazing feature as it is a great way to store images for future use. The discovery tab shows suggestions on accounts to follow and unfollow, people who have conversed with, and people who mentioned you in a post. Sprout social is a great social media manager, however, It doesn’t seem all that superior to Hootsuite or Swift social. Considering the cost, I expected more out of it. Which I’m aware is rather ridiculous. I will say this though, the “Reports” function offers a variety of important stats such as: Group reports, Twitter profiles [For tracking profile performance to determine the impact of twitter content], Twitter comparison, Twitter listening, Facebook page report, Facebook competitors, Engagement reports, Team reports, Task performance, Trends, Instagram profile analysis, LinkedIn page, Tag report, Google analytics and Sent messages. To me, Sprout Social’s unique feature is its analytics function. No other SM manager, except perhaps SMHack, has such powerful and detailed social media analytics.

Pros: The Digital Asset Library
The Analytics feature
The RSS feature can serve as a social media content generation tool.
Easy UI

Cons: The pricing is rather steep. There are other SM managers with more powerful features which could prove to be a better substitute to Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better Asset Library feature, SMHack provides just as detailed analytics, Swift social has powerful RSS feature, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling function, as well as one of the easiest SM Managers to use due to the numerous tutorials online and it's inbuilt mini-tutorial.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
Kim D.
Social Media Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2017

"Sprout is really user friendly, from both an interaction point and management. Good blogs too!"

Comments: Using Sprout along side another platform for a different client (their choice) the overall functionality of Sprout is really clear! It is much faster and user friendly.

Pros: Sprout is great for interactions. Having over 1000 pages to look after means we need to be able to access specific pages quickly, and view messages for just the one page in a set profile group - this is really easy with Sprout! In terms of quality reviewing responses from a management point of view, it is great - you can see full threads and who did what. For reporting, you can tailor reports for each clients needs. After using an alternative platform, Sprout is MUCH faster all round - finding interactions and, general interaction in terms of loading and sending messages. In regards to task management, it is really good at making sure that you keep on top of things, as you can add an internal note which is front facing when you click into your tasks. The updates are also handy, as you can now select oldest to newest or newest to oldest - when there is a large number of incoming interactions it means there are less loading issues.

Cons: Sometimes there are bugs, which can cause functionality issues (but this does happen with all software). Because we are a UK company, and Sprout's support team are in the US it does mean that we have to wait until the afternoon on our time for any additional information - although you are able to log the error you are experiencing.

• Reviewed on 24/08/2017
Lori ann R.
Lori ann R.
Brand + Marketing Manager + Creative Content Maker
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2019

"Sprout Social Expanded Tools and Metrics Reporting"

Comments: Anytime I have had a technical issue (and there have only been a few in the past nine years) their customer support team was responsive, friendly and efficient at fixing the problem. Each member has their own dedicated account manager, which feels nice. Such a great company, and perfect tools for digital content management.

Pros: I have been using Sprout Social daily, since 2010 as a freelance marketing professional. I manage several B2B and B2C accounts, and had previously used Hootsuite. The dashboard in Sprout Social has every possible automation, scheduling feature and content research resource you could imagine. From social listening via #hashtag keywords, to suggestion content from over 30 industry specific niches. My clients love the metrics reports, and I love that I can brand them quickly and easily to my own agency. If you are a content marketer, you have to try Sprout Social. It has saved me well over 15 hours per week for more than nine years.

Cons: I wish they had an auto-scheduler for Instagram. Other software companies have specialized in scheduling posts for IG and IGTV, but this isn't available in Sprout Social. I think this is the only thing that is missing from this amazing software.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2019
Rob M.
General Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2017

"Love Sprout! I knew nothing and Sprout helped, greatly!"

Comments: I took over a Student-Housing Apartment community a couple of years ago and found myself having to handle social media all by my lonesome. I knew enough to know that Twitter/FB/Instagram, etc... were all completely different platforms that required different strategies, but I needed something that would help me manage to post at various times/days - especially when I was home (weekends).
I discovered Sprout.Sprout was SO much more intuitive and helpful. As someone with moderate social media savvy and perfect computer literacy, Sprout made vastly more sense for my needs. I added team members I could allow to post or schedule posts. I could set up tweets to go out on campus orientations so I could pop up in the feeds of those searching for apartments. It was a godsend. I couldn't begin to fathom doing it any other way. On the plus side, I increased my own twitter following by a few hundred people just by setting quotes to post at random times/days throughout the year. I was always the worst about tweeting, but this lets me look like an accomplished tweeter, without the investment in time around the clock. Why would I care? In this brave new world, being socially savvy goes a long way in interviews - having followers bolsters my street cred, so to speak.

Pros: Ease of use. Super intuitive. Far better than Hootsuite.

Cons: Honestly, struggling to find anything I don't like. I never attempt paid ads through FB or Twitter, but I don't recall if Sprout would facilitate those.

• Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Lisa D.
Content Strategist
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"It just works. No learning curve."

Comments: They've literally gotten this down to the least amount of clicks and mental energy I need to expend to approve social media posts.

Pros: I'm the social media approver and occasional scheduler for my organization, and I prefer Sprout to any of the other tools we tried. The user interface highlights the things I need and downplays the things I don't. It just works, and there's virtually no learning curve. They must've invested a lot creating a terrific UI/UX because you don't notice it -- it's just easy to do your job with the least possible actions and no distractions. My favorite feature is that any approval email I get takes me to a page with all the outstanding approvals -- when we used another platform without this feature, I sometimes forgot to approve a post.

Cons: A very tiny downside: When I modify a post and save it, it drops to the bottom of the publishing queue so I have to remember that I already checked the text. This is typically one minute later after I've approved the other posts, or I could just scroll the bottom to find it. It's possible I'm just doing this wrong.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Todd W.
Todd W.
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2019

"Great Reporting and Social Media Management Suite for Agencies"

Comments: Overall, SproutSocial is easy to use and there is not a steep learning curve for users. I have been using SproutSocial for 5+ years and would not look elsewhere for our agency's needs.

Pros: I think the Reporting looks highly polished and professional for presenting to clients. For Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter it offers an excellent scheduling and social media management solution.

Cons: I think the price is prohibitive for small businesses, and the software is more geared toward agencies. I also wished there was integration with Pinterest and YouTube.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2019
Jason Y.
Jason Y.
  • Reviewed on 07/03/2018

"Sprout Social is the social media platform that I use for my marketing consulting business."

Comments: Sprout Social provides me the ability to more efficiently manage my client's social media efforts. and do so affordably.

Pros: After reviewing a few options, I landed on Sprout Social as my choice for managing social media for my clients. The biggest reason has to do with the user experience. They have the best UI by far of any platform I've used, and it's laid out in a way that makes it very easy to understand everything you're working with. The ease of managing multiple clients and switching between them is great. The group feature helps keep things organized and separate. The reporting also looks fantastic and is very easy to use.

Cons: I wish they made it easier to compose content across multiple social media channels. I feel they could do a better job with this. While the pricing is fair, the agency platform is a little difficult to grow into if you run an agency and manage multiple clients. Instead of charging on # of users, it's geared more on # of profiles, which can get pricey.

• Reviewed on 07/03/2018
Brent B.
Brent B.
Digital Director
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2019

"The more accounts you manage, the better it gets"

Pros: I've used Sprout to manage dozens of accounts and it really helps keeps everything organized under one roof, including stats. If you're in a hurry, you can generate one of their visual reports for a client and it will include some good stats that give both you and your client insights. But in my opinion, the mobile app is the strongest aspect of Sprout. Being able to post to any of my client's Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or LinkedIn profiles from my phone with a single login is endlessly useful.

Cons: Costs can add up pretty quickly and some UX elements just aren't completely there yet (has improved over the years). It's nitpicky, but for example you can't customize the folder colors for each client group. I also encountered a handful of bugs during my time using Sprout, and when I finally got ahold of customer service, they just told me how to work around it instead of actually fixing the issue.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2019
Jamie M.
Head Of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2018

"Probably the best social media tool on the market"

Pros: I've used Sprout Social on and off for many years. It's fantastic to use (a really great UI) and it performs very well too - so many useful features. From scheduling to reporting, social listening to chatbots, Sprout Social has it all. It's been growing as a tool over the years and they've been refining the key aspects (such as user permissions, approval processing, reporting and social listening) to the point where it's a brilliant tool. Their recently added features such as advanced listening and chatbots have put it in a whole new league.

Cons: Whilst the pricing is fair, it does get expensive once you start adding multiple users (as the pricing stated on their website is per user). Some of the features that are available for higher pricing packages would be nice to explore as a smaller user but it's understandable that some features are enterprise level.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2018
Eric Z.
Eric Z.
President, Founder
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Social Media Management App That Keeps Getting Better"

Comments: I signed up for Sprout Social when I launched my agency in 2014, and it was one of the best decisions I made to streamline my work. Since I started using the app, Sprout has released update after update, improving its already robust platform.

Pros: Sprout Social is on-par with other social management apps that are much more expensive. And with frequent updates, it keeps getting better. Now I'm able to publish to Instagram, Facebook , Twitter and more. One of my favorite aspects of Sprout is its monitoring software, which not only allows me to see all activity, but respond and mark complete. It's a much better UI than competitor Hootsuite.

Cons: Sometimes posts set to publish will fail, though I'll get an error report and a reason why it failed. Other than that, really no complains. Love the software. Recently I signed up for email alerts that notify me of any issues, which helps explain any errors as well.

Carla G.
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2018

"I have been using Sprout to manage about 30 social media pages for nearly a year."

Pros: I like having a hub to store photos (the asset library) as well as a hub for all user activity across multiple social media accounts (smart inbox).

Cons: *The maximum number of images that can be added to the Asset Library at a time is 10, and if you want to batch 'tag' all of the photos, you can only choose 1 'tag' per set of 10. For content creators that upload hundreds of photos to the asset library per week (like my team), this makes for an extremely cumbersome process. *You can't search the asset library by file name. You can only sort by file name, date added/modified /etc or search visually. It is truly incredible that there is no "search by name" function for the asset library. * The mobile app does not offer access to the Asset Library - a huge pitfall, as my company invests a lot of time and resources in building the Asset Library. We are then unable to publish content on-the-go using asset library images. *The Reports area does not give the ability to customize the data that appears in a report. i.e. if I want to draw data from multiple reports, I can't choose to create a custom report using only the data I selected. *The listening tool comes at an added cost.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2018
Parttime Lecturer
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"One of the best Social Management Platforms for a low cost"

Comments: Great for a startup whose looking to take their social activity to the next level. They have great customer service and training resources so you can get moving faster. While we still struggle to build out a super telling report, we do enjoy the one-in-one place feeling we get with Sprout social.

Pros: I really liked that Sprout Social gave me more ways to manage and track my social media profiles then Tweetdeck and Hootesuite. The back end is easy to navigate and the ability to schedule/reschedule out social updates was simpler than any other SMM tool. You can also switch or post of different profiles easily and all from one screen. Replying to comments, sharing, and direct messaging for all profiles can also be done from your back end screen.

Cons: I do feel like the analytics they provide you lack depth, especially since LinkedIn doesn't share information with them. You get conflicting information about impression and clicks when compared to Google Analytics or with the social platform itself.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
social media coordinator
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2021

"Great social media management software"

Comments: I have had a great experience with them! There is always someone to discuss issues with right away if needed and they have great work-related content for continued education.

Pros: I like that I can post social media content, analyze and they offer resources for continued education.

Cons: The Instagram features are lacking but they are aware and working on it. I also think that their mobile app could be a little more user-friendly.

• Reviewed on 13/05/2021
Rosalinda C.
Rosalinda C.
Marketing Specialist
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2019

"Customer Service can't be beat"

Comments: We use Sprout for scheduling posts and running reports and it has been great for that.

Pros: I appreciate the ease of which you can contact someone for support - from technical to billing. That alone can make or break a product. The overall quality of this app is good, but there are some bugs and limitations. I've used other scheduling apps, but so far this one has been my favorite.

Cons: Sprout is not always at the technological forefront of the features that they offer. They usually eventually "get there" but you will probably see something you wish it had on another app first. I really wish Sprout would go into archiving - it would be amazing to have one social media platform do everything from posting, reporting to archiving.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2019
Jeffrey A.
Jeffrey A.
Marcom Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2018

"Exceptional Analytics Tool"

Pros: Sprout's integration with all the various social media platforms is incredible. The reporting features, analytics, and the surprisingly great image editor are all things you'd expect from premium software, but Sprout Social offers it at an extremely competitive price. I absolutely love the versatility of its reporting features. You really do have everything placed in front of you and you don't need to go chasing down any numbers. I love it. Hands down my favorite social media analytics and management platform.

Cons: I wish I could give this five stars. It's so nearly close, but the absurd choice to lock a few vital features behind the top price tier is super dumb. And it's not a small price increase. Smaller business aren't going to want to take the plunge.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2018
Nick M.
Nick M.
Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"Amazing Social Platform Software for Businesses!"

Comments: Once we got everything set up and the team on board it was a great tool that saved a lot of time and stress for the social media team. Everyone was able to log in and do their jobs and get things done early and efficient. The big part was the planning ahead and creating posts and scheduling them for a later date. This was big because we were able to really dive into the data and analytics and change things depending on the trends we saw in the company. So every week we were making changes to times posted and different things like that. So you didn't have to wait until the end of the month and change things, it was a weekly if not daily occurrence. Great platform to use!

Pros: - Perfect tool for managing your social media with a strong analytics
- View insights on posts for your best ROI
- Automating Social Media is easy with their calendar
- Great customer support
- Easy to plan weeks in advance for any campaign
- Identify Trends and Influencers
- Custom Reporting
- URL Tracking

Cons: It took me a little while to get this set up with the company I was working with. Not that the software was hard to use but just getting everything set up and accounts in there, then teaching everyone how to use the platform and use it effectively. So a little bit of a learning curve. Also in that time I had an account rep constantly e-mailing and trying to get a hold of me, which is fine, but it was a little too much.

Manager, Demand Generation and Marketing Operations
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2018

"Industrialized Social Media Management"

Pros: We deployed Sprout to assist in some of the more taxing elements of managing social: listening, scheduling, analysis across platforms, and outsourcing. Sprout has fit the bill. By the way, if you haven't already checked out Landscape by Sprout Social, it's a great tool that is offered for free for re-sizing images across platforms.

Cons: Sprout is on the higher end of the market in terms of price, but considering the enterprise-grade features, and when considering the opportunity cost of our time saved, we are comfortable with the investment.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2018
Isabelle F.
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2019

"Great Customer Support & Professional Demonstrations"

Comments: Overall, I highly recommend this software to people who are hesitant just like I was. Social Sprout is the ultimate tool to manage social activities and keep everything under control. It prevents an institution managing all the social-related work on its own and lose many precious hours.

Pros: In the beginning, I was hesitant about using Sprout Social but the customer support was of a great help and convinced me to keep going. I was put into contact with a PRO where I was demonstrated how easy it is to manage social activities and understood things I was initially not able to use properly. I immediately felt that sprout social is the right tool.

Cons: Social Sprout would be really amazing if the pricing was further lowered.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2019
Public Relations Manager
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"Sprout Social is a lifesaver!"

Comments: Sprout has been instrumental in managing multiple social media channels!

Pros: Sprout Social is arguably the most intuitive dashboard for social media monitoring. Great capabilities to export reports and evaluate the success of your social media channels in real time.

Cons: As Facebook has tightened restrictions on third-party platforms, some of the monitoring capabilities have decreased over time. Of course, this is not Sprout's fault. Also, there is a slight delay in posts/comments being pushed to the messages feed.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
CEO/Founder
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"We have been utilizing Sprout to help manage our client's social media around the states."

Comments: Really appreciate how much Sprout is focused upon creating a technology that allows users to seamlessly dialogue with people online.

Pros: 1. Constant development and improvement to support the changing environment of digital marketing.
2. Geolocation feature.
3. Ease to manage multiple profiles.
4. Training available.

Cons: 1. Several of the features that are offered essentially duplicate what already exists on the native platforms. However, some solopreneurs or much larger agencies might find this helpful.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Cosmetics
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"The best social engagement platform, bar none!"

Pros: Although expensive for a start up Sprout Social has become the social engagement platform of choice for our business. We love the simplicity of the unified inbox. Wouldn't want to deal with a barrage of inbox streams that some competitive platforms put out there. Great customer service and a good set of tools.

Cons: Missing some additional integrations such as YouTube and Pinterest. Also, analytics could be a bit better. In the end, not enough to not love this platform.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Social Media Specialist, Senior
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"Go-to for Social Media Management"

Pros: Sprout Social is incredibly intuitive which helps working cross functionally with customer service, product management, and other departments. The reporting is in-depth and easy to export. But overall, it helps you have a wholistic view of your social strategy and how you are performing.

Cons: I don't really have any cons to list, there are bugs at times but the support team is always amazing and gets things back on track quickly.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2019