15 years helping British businesses

Starboard Suite Reviews

About Starboard Suite

Online, mobile, phone and walk-up bookings designed specifically for passenger vessels and watersports. Setup and training included.

Learn more about Starboard Suite

Pros:

Easy to view and sort the calendar and dashboard features, and the mobile app works surprisingly well in a pinch when I don’t have my laptop. Refunds and cancellations are smooth and easy.

Cons:

Sometimes navigating between the different tabs of the booking (eg: changing dates, contact info, ...) it was a bit confusing.

Starboard Suite ratings

4.7
4.8
4.6
4.7

9.3/10

Starboard Suite has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 185 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Starboard Suite before?

Boat Captain in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

Comments: Starboard has been a blessing for work. It allows multiple people to see the same thing and make adjustments if needed, either at our kiosk or while out away from work. This is one of the easiest applications I have ever used. I highly recommend this to business owners.

Pros:

I’m able to view and adjust multiple options while dealing with customers.

Cons:

The only think I don’t like about Starboard is that it logs me out, but it’s not a con....it’s a security feature and it’s really beneficial.

6 years ago

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that our software is working out so well for you. We're thrilled to have you on-board, and looking forward to helping with your reservations for many years to come. Wishing you all the best, Charles

Ashley
Marine Naturalist /Office in Canada

Well worth the switch

Comments: It is always a difficult decision to switch to a new reservation system. It was no different for us but we knew when we chose Starboard, we'd made the right call. The staff have been incredibly helpful. Every time we come up with an idea that would make the reservation system better for us, they are willing to listen and try to create that functionality for us.

Pros:

There are many great features but one of the things we found most valuable was the willingness to create functions that would work well for our business.

Cons:

One thing I would really like to see is a way to check in parts of a group. Some people book as a group but don't arrive at the same time. It would be nice to check them in as they show up.

4 years ago

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have your team on board, and I'm really glad to hear that Starboard has worked out so well for you! Regarding check-ins, I wanted to make sure you know there's a Live Manifest for each event that you can use to keep track of the actual number of individuals from each group. We also recently added Today's Manifests that shows a full day of event manifests on a single screen. And, our Ticket Scanner app is connected to the manifests, so that could be an option for you to track individuals boarding as well. If you'd like more info on any of these options, please don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you all the best!

Captain in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Alright, but definitely could use updates

Comments: I have found that overall the product is too simple for online booking. It doesn't give enough options for controlling bookings and scheduling of employees.

Pros:

It is easy to use

Cons:

As I said before it is too basic

8 years ago

Hi Michael, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'd love to chat with you in more detail at your convenience. It sounds like there are some features that we could help you take better advantage of with a quick training session. I'll follow up directly to coordinate a time. Thanks again!

Hilary
Office Manager in Canada
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

Grateful to Starboard Suite for streamlining our operations!

Comments: We researched 7 other reservation platforms prior to committing to Starboard Suite. Not only did we like their pitch the best (because of their amazing customer service, ease of use, and customizability) - but as a HUGE added bonus they were also the cheapest option out of all of the alternatives. If you're not willing to charge your customer a service fee and want to absorb the cost of using a booking platform into your business costs, it can add up quite quickly as many of the similar services charge a large percentage fee.

Pros:

The customer service is excellent. They go above and beyond to ensure that their clients are happy with the system. They are quick to respond if you have questions, and they're willing to adjust the platform's features at your request (within reason). This has made all the difference to us, as we feel like the system can be customized to our needs. Understandably, every company will have different operating methods and will use the system in their own way, but having the ability to request features and see them implemented has made a world of difference to streamlining our day-to-day tasks and operations - and we're so grateful for that! You can tell that the staff work really hard and care about their client's satisfaction. Another thing we absolutely love about them is the affordability for using the service.

Cons:

If I had to give some small critiques - not 100% of everything is as customizable as I had hoped prior to signing on, and it's not quite as 'pretty' as I'd like it to be. We just went through a rebrand and I would have loved to have made everything align with our new aesthetic. I also find the calendar to be rather bulky, and find myself missing our simpler calendar from our previous reservation platform. Having said that, about 95% of their service IS customizable. And, regardless of whether or not they're able to accommodate a request, the support staff will listen to your needs and do absolutely everything in their power to find a solution for you. They frequently create new features to fit our needs based on our requests, and if one of our requests isn't possible they will take the time and put in the effort to explain why it won't work to your favour rather than just saying 'no.' They go above and beyond regularly.

5 years ago

Hilary, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that we've had such a positive impact on your business, and that our customer service has been excellent :) As you've noticed, we love to help our clients with anything we can -- we can't always move mountains (right away), but we'll give it a try if that's what you need :) Most of all, we're glad that of the 7 reservation systems you considered, you chose Starboard Suite! We're thrilled to have you on board, and we look forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Isabella
Operations Manager in US
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Outstanding Platform & Customer Service

Comments: Our overall experience has been a breeze! Starboard has opened up a wealth of new features that our previous platform didn't offer. We are excited to begin our season with Starboard Suite!

Pros:

We recently transitioned to Starboard Suite from a different platform and the first pro I noticed was their exceptional customer service! The team is extremely responsive and is able to solve any problem with ease. The deployment of the platform was seamless and I was able to quickly and easily get myself up to speed.

Cons:

At this point in time, we have not found any cons with this platform. We are eager to get out 2023 season going to learn more about that platform.

last year

Isabella, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that we've been able to resolve all of your questions, and that your overall experience with the platform has been a great one :) We wish you a great upcoming season, and look forward to working with you for many years to come!

Linda
Office Administrator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Schooner Adventure

Comments: Very positive.

Pros:

Ease of use with ticketing. Attractive online format. Extraordinary customer service.

Cons:

Not easy to incorporate html or images. Reporting is a bit cumbersome to get the data we need.

last year

Linda, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that you're finding our platform attractive and easy to use, and that our customer service has been extraordinary! Wishing you all the best!

Christina
Youth Coordinator in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Best Replacement Software Ever!!

Comments: We really hit the jackpot with Starboard, since being forced to give up an in house software program, it was really hard to find something with all the features that each of our departments needed. Starboard has really come through for us, the team worked with us to set up the system the way we needed it make sense for us. This system is almost comparable to what we had before just updated 20 times better. our company books tours for groups and all our clients are impressed with the professionalism of the contracts they now receive.

Pros:

Ease of use, Functionality, easy to follow navigation, reporting

Cons:

the ability to be able to email right from the program with our own email address instead of a standard starboard one.

5 years ago

Christina, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're so glad to hear that we're the best replacement software ever -- 20x better than your previews system, that's great to hear!! FYI, you are able to email from our software using your own email address. If you need more info on how this works, just let us know. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Kieranna
Naturalist in Canada
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

A welcome addition to the online booking platform space!

Comments: Honestly the ease of guest check in has to be the biggest benefit. Overall the time saved and smoothness of our checking in process is purely down to the starboard system. Made office life so much easier!

Pros:

The software is super user friendly, much easier than our previous software Rezdy. Modifying starboard to tweak it our personal needs was super easy. Customer service was 5 star! Loved how the sign in messages used maritime lingo-fun touch!

Cons:

We definitely had minor issues here and there, but they always got resolved quickly!

5 years ago

Kieranna, Thanks for writing a review! We're so glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite much easier to use than Rezdy, and that our customer service has earned 5 stars :)) Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles

Todd
Owner in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 2–10 Employees

Private Day Charter Company Review of Starboard

Comments: Absolutely excellent, I have already recommended it to several other charterers I know that use FareHarbor as I believe it is a superior product.

Pros:

There are a lot of features that will allow us to grow overtime without needing to find a new alternative. We are a large ticket price company, so the BIGGEST benefit of the software/company is the pricing structure not gouging my customers.

Cons:

So far I haven't found anything that I have had an issue with in general, while im sure some may exist my overall experience has been positive.

3 years ago

Todd, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that our platform is working out well for you, and of course we very much appreciate the referrals :) Looking forward to assisting you with your reservations for many years to come. Have a great sailing season!

Brett
Owner in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2–10 Employees

Great reservation platform to guarantee you don't overbook.

Comments: Hands down a great experience and outstanding platform capabilities.

Pros:

Set's us apart from competition because we can make sure we don't oversell capacity on our vehicles. Platform is very user friendly and when we need customization the tech team quickly works with us to accommodate.

Cons:

Not yet a feature to "add to basket" to purchase multiple ticket items in one transaction.

5 years ago

Brett, Thanks so much for writing a review! Glad to hear that Starboard is bringing so much value to your business. Wishing you a great summer season!

Bob
General Manager in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Reservation System Software

Comments: We are very happy that we went with Starboard Suite after reviewing dozens of options. The cost, features, support and ease of use for our customers and staff has all been very positive.

Pros:

The support is highly responsive and always exceedingly helpful. They are constantly developing and adding new features as well.

Cons:

Some functions are not completely intuitive for someone who isn't highly technologically minded to access. They are there and actually easy to use, but sometimes I need to be pointed in the right direction. Luckily the support is there to do that quickly.

3 years ago

Hi Bob, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to know that the Starboard platform is working out well for you, and that our support team has been so helpful.

Barbara
Reservationist in US

I love Starboard! It's easy to use, and they are quick to respond to every issue that comes up.

Pros:

They have the ability to customize the software to fit our specific needs. Whenever I have had a question or problem, they have quickly answered and resolved any issues that I have had.

Cons:

I would really like it if you could see what month it is even when you're not at the top of the month.

6 years ago

Barbara, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to hear that you love using Starboard Suite, and glad to hear that our support team has been so quick to respond. Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Jay
owner in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Game changer

Comments: Excellent overall experience. Customer service,
outside concierge sales capabilities, web integration- it’s first class.

Pros:

I have been in the eco- tourism business for 30+ years, using multiple reservation platforms. Starboard is hands down one of the best systems out there. The system is so naturally user friendly, training is hands on in a few minutes with staff.

Cons:

More payment gateway options, maybe a visual tablet friendly seating diagram

3 years ago

Thanks for writing a review! We're thrilled that Starboard is working out well for you. FYI, we are working on a visual seating chart and as well as additional payment gateway integrations -- we'll keep you posted.

Ashley
Retail and Reservations agent in Canada

As a reservation agent for my company, I have found it fairly user friendly!

Pros:

Being able to specify which resource, tour, or location is great. It really helps narrow things down to a more manageable view and moves the process along very quickly.

Cons:

I wish it were colour coded. Our company has hundreds of tours a week, and being able to pick a tour out more quickly would be great. I know the specification tools are useful, but even then we've narrowed from 400 tours to 80-100. Having those broken down and a little more visually defined would be amazing. As well, jumping forward to dates can be very tricky. It would be nice to have the option to see one day on the screen alone, or a whole month even. Maybe having a drop down menu with view options?

7 years ago

Hi Ashley, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite easy to use. You'd asked about seeing a day at a time -- there's a Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu that will let you do just that! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have trouble locating that. And, color coding event types is on the way -- look for that later this summer. Wishing you all the best!

Mark
Food and Beverage Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Great System

Comments: In the past, a Tour could be overlooked or an important detail no noted. This has not happened with starboard suite.

Pros:

The system was great at tracking, organizing and detailing our daily tour events. You can quickly scan your events with one simple mouse click.

Cons:

Quite honestly. I really find no weaknesses in the program. Very happy with it.

3 years ago

Mark, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite so easy to use, and that we're helping you stay on top of the details :)

Jennifer
Retail and Reservations Manager in Canada
Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

It has a number of great features that make tour scheduling easy!

Pros:

It is user friendly, and I like that it tracks all movements. I also appreciate the installation of the workstations, that was absolutely necessary for our operation!

Cons:

I would like the retail portion to be better so that we could sell tours and gifts in the same program. I would also like to see the entire day on the calendar view, not a whole week at a time.

7 years ago

Hi Jennifer, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making it easy for you to manage your events and reservations! We're equally excited about the workstation tracking... it's great to hear that that's been helpful for you :) In terms of retail, my understanding is that your team wants to be able to use an external scanner for your retail items, due to the high volume of retail sales in your various stores. We're talking to your company management about adding that and we're excited about it! In terms of a "daily view", if you navigate to Events->Daily Event Schedule you can see a day at a time :) If there's any additional assistance we can provide, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team. Wishing you a great summer!

Katie
Office manager in US

Great reservation system with an accommodating staff that answers all my questions!

Comments: I like the reports and the that my reservation system has a involved customer support so I don't have to spend hours trying to figure things out.

Pros:

The library of how-to articles and the quick response of their staff. Whenever I call their support line I always get knowledgeable staff. If I can't figure out how to do something or if I need something done that is unique to my site they are happy to code me a unique solution or take on any challenge I throw at them.

Cons:

Its still new and updating to the latest apps. They are in the process of coordinating their site with apple apps and other sites that i run with my business.

7 years ago

Hi Katie, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using our software, and that our staff has been so responsive to all of your questions and unique situations. FYI, our web-based reservation system has been around for years now. As you mentioned, our iOS app is new within the last few weeks, but it's working great so far, and we've got more enhancements coming soon. Wishing you all the best!

Samantha
Office Assistant in Canada
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Starboard Review - Seabreeze Adventures Office Assistant

Pros:

Bookings are organized well and easy to keep track of.

Cons:

Sometimes it's unclear which information will save automatically and which need to be saved manually (e.g., notes)

Emily
Retail and reservations supervisor in Canada

It will take some getting used to but it will be good when things are worked out.

Pros:

This software looks nice and new so it is very aesthetically pleasing. It's a good program for finding out how people have heard about our company.

Cons:

I find that this software makes it very difficult at making sure bookings have been cancelled and sometimes booked. The "remove from cart" button is very misleading and allows me to think I'm deleting a booking even when I'm not.

7 years ago

Emily, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you find our software aesthetically pleasing -- we work hard on that :) Sorry to hear that the "remove from cart" button feels confusing. It sounds like this functionality may be a bit different from what you were used to in your old system. Moving between software systems can always be a bit daunting. Most of our users really like the "remove from cart", so I suspect you'll adapt to it in short order, but please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you'd like more information about how to use it most effectively.

US

Game Changer for our business

Comments: Starboard was professional and helped elevate our business with their advanced system versus others and by taking the time to educate us through out the process. Any questions were immediately answered which made the usage seemless from our current system to theirs. Would highly recommend to others!

Pros:

Intuitive functionality and system capabilities

Cons:

Certain functions required to be adjusted by them versus us

7 years ago

Hi Jason, Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're really glad to hear that Starboard Suite is having such a positive impact on your business! Looking forward to many more years of collaboration.

Eve
Retail in Canada

I use this system at work for booking tours, decently easy to use.

Pros:

User friendly, it's great that it sends emails to customers. Easy to modify and view tours. I like that it uses 12 hour time instead of 24 hour time.

Cons:

I wish the tours could be color coded, i wish it was easier to book multiple tours in one transaction, i wish there was an option to view the available tours one day at a time, instead of a whole week at a time. Due to this, it's easy to accidentally book tours for the wrong week (the next week instead of the current week, or vice versa)

7 years ago

Hi Eve, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're finding our software user friendly and easy to use. FYI, we are going to be adding color-coding of event types later this season. I also wanted to let you know, that you can view a single day at a time using our Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu. It sounds like that would be helpful for your workflow. Wishing you a great summer!

Cassie
Manager in US

Have been using them for over a year, I dont know how we survived before them.

Pros:

User friendly, always updating new platfotms. If I have any questions they are always quick to respond.

7 years ago

Cassie, Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and we're looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :) Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Cory
General Manager in US
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

Amazing capabilities and support! Easy on the customers wallet too!

Comments: We've been very happy with the crew at Starboard Suite they've done creating not one but FOUR control panels for us on a tight schedule. Our rep has always been courteous and helpful while providing quick answers to questions and quick solutions to snags. They're open-ness to develop new ideas and expand with our images was incredible. As a small business themselves I believe they truely care about my small businesses. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed! Signed,
Hard to please but was pleasantly surprised!

Pros:

Support and quick solutions to issues. Great communication.

Cons:

Still growing so some ideas or visions are out on the horizon still. Not necessarily a con but undetermined.

7 years ago

Hi Cory, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad that everything has been working out so well. Looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

Kathryn
Naturalist in Canada
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

An improvement on our old system

Comments: The reps have been really proactive working with us to give us a system with features we demand. We have been coming at them with things we want/ need and they are on it creating a system that is practically custom built for us. Their response time to our questions and wants is super fast. On the whole this is a real improvement from our old system and they are constantly making it better.

Pros:

Less paper as you can charge credit cards through the system.

Cons:

Inability to see if people have opened mass emails (but they are working on it!)

5 years ago

Hi Kathryn, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! Glad to hear that our team has been so responsive to your needs, and that our platform feels like such a great improvement for your business. FYI, last week we rolled out the ability for you to see if customers have opened your event emails -- hope that helps! Wishing you a wonderful summer.

Sarah
Marine Naturalist in Canada
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Sarah's Review

Comments: It is an incredibly easy software to use (previously using Rezdy) that saved a lot of time checking in customers.

Pros:

It was very easy to learn and easy to remember how to use. I was an infrequent user but found it very self explanatory.

Cons:

adding discounts and merchandise purchases were more difficult.

5 years ago

Sarah, Thanks for taking the time to write a review! I'm glad to hear that you're generally finding the system easy to use! FYI, we completely redesigned our retail merchandise interface a couple of weeks ago -- I hope you find that it does what you need. Feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback. Wishing you a wonderful winter season, Charles