FEEDBACK on Starboard Software

Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Molly C.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a tight running internet operation and it is important for the public to see us that way. We do not have a ticket office so our internet presence and success are extremely important to us. STARBOARD helps us deliver solid, immediate customer service. We project a realtime operation that is appreciated when we meet our customers on the boat!

Pros: GREAT information for CUSTOMERS. It is complete and thorough information and it makes our operation look professional. The information in the Boarding Pass is complete and informative..I have few questions from customers after they have received the printout from their ticketing transaction. It is set up like a click through shopping site and this works for me and our customers.

Cons: I wish this was more intuitive as a user. I run into (too easily) the complication of an INCOMPLETE cancellation. I have a hard time finding details on a private charter that has been booked (payment history) ADDING another charge to the charter booking (music, additional time booked for the trip...)maybe this could be customized for our particular business...I would LOVE a live tutorial on this so I could work through mistakes and understandings as I create them..solve the problem/misunderstanding on the spot.

by Starboard Suite on 28/09/2018

Hi Molly,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that things are working out so well for your customers!

We'd be more than happy to provide an additional training session. It looks like your business was previously managed by an outside management company, so we provided them with training previously.

Please reach out to our support team and we can schedule a training session at your convenience.

We want to make sure you feel 100% confident with everything you'll need to do now that you're running things yourself.

Please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help.

Wishing you all the best,

Charles

Outstanding reservation system

Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Randy A.
Maritime, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: My company has used Starboard Suite for several years and would highly recommend their reservation system. Our reservation system is customized, user friendly and relative to our industry. They have developed an app that we used on both IOS and Android platforms. The customer service is without a doubt outstanding. I would highly recommend Starboard Suite reservation software.

Cons: I can not report anything negative about Starboard because they have met all of my needs.

by Starboard Suite on 24/05/2019

Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you've been so pleased with out platform and service, and would highly recommend it to others.

Wishing you a great summer season!

Starboard Suite has surpassed my expectations on all levels!! Especially the Customer Service! A++

Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Brad S.
Owner/Manager
Customer Support

Pros: I like the intuitive Control Panel. It didn't take long for me to really dive into the settings and with some excellent customer service and the help of the Starboard Team, I felt really comfortable using Starboard Suite to its full potential. The Starboard Team does an excellent job setting up the software so its turn key ready for use. The communication and promptness of their staff is by far the best of any company I have dealt with these last few months. (and I've dealt with way to many lately it seems).
I also really like how clean the customer Interface is. It's very well organized and simple enough for Grandma and Grandpa to use with their new Smart Phone...
There are plenty of other features that I enjoy the software... There are really too many to list...
Don't hesitate if your shopping around for a reservation software... Do your self a favor and check out Starboard Suite and you won't have to waste your time with the Competitors.

Cons: Zero Cons... any of the minor issues I've had have been quickly addressed and most of the time, it was just my own misunderstanding of how the software works or responds. A little bit of coaching from the staff and the issue what ever it may have been becoming non-existent!!

by Starboard Suite on 04/05/2018

Brad,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have you aboard, and glad to hear that our product and service have exceeded your expectations on all levels!

Wishing you a great summer season!

Fantastic for any rental or tickets sales business!

Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Sue L.
General Manager
Recreational Facilities & Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We think nothing but great things of crew at D3 Solutions. Our company is by no means the biggest company they service but every interaction we've had with them, they treat us as if we were. Everything you want in a business partner you plan to spend many years with.

Pros: D3 Solutions has made our transition from FareHarbor seamless and care free. Their thorough support has made creating our perfect reservation platform a dream come true. The system is easy to operate and with our staff of crew ages 15-70 was easy to train and understand. Their patience with our crew as they transitioned to Starboard Suite from our previous provider was unmatched and the continued support is exceptional and comforting. I love to tell my fellow business owners about this amazing company!

Cons: At first it was a stretch to do exactly what we needed as boat rental company business with a very specific need but they were able to meet our expectations and exceed them.

Incredible Customer Support

Reviewed on 14/12/2016
Tony M.
2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The team at Starboard Suite does a phenomenal job responding to inquiries and making schedule adjustments for us and does so extremely quickly. This is great for us when we want to make pricing changes, add new locations, or offer specials. The software is easy to use and the functionality is great for our customers. We shopped around quite a bit and not only was Starboard Suite an incredible deal, they were also the easiest to communicate with and had by far the best customer service. If you are shopping for a scheduling software to use, look no further. These guys are the best!

Pros: Ease of use. A lot of features.

Cons: I would like to be able to make mass changes to mass event adds that I had done in the past.

by Starboard Suite on 14/12/2016

Hi Tony,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.

We're thrilled to have you on-board, and glad to hear that things are working out so well with our product and our service!!

----

In terms of mass changes, we wanted to make sure you know that you can already:

- Make global changes to any of your price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc.

- Add new price levels, event types, locations, vessels, etc in your Control Panel any time.

- Modify any of these properties on individual events any time.

- Add a series of events with any price levels, days, locations, etc.

We've been cautious about allowing mass modifications to individual events, since it's inherently easy to get into trouble with these types of one-click operations.

We do expect to open this up to individual customers in the coming year. We'll add you to our list and let you when this becomes available.

We're always glad to make mass modifications for you as well!

Starboard has been the missing link to really unite our sales team, reservations agents and online

Reviewed on 03/06/2017
Sarah G.
Operations Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Cloud based can be accessed anywhere; week view allows you to see multiple options for a tour you want; combines private and public; easier access and integration with accounting; increased transparency and accountability for bookings both private and public; more modern website; pre- and post marketing opportunities...

Pros: It is incredibly intuitive. We are a seasonal operation, and have a large reservations team to train in a short amount of time. Starboard has cut down on training time. I also love the viewing options available - by week, by day, by resource, by event types, etc. The fact that it is cloud based and can be accessed from anywhere. The support team is incredibly responsive to our endless questions/requests.

Cons: So far anything we had issues with, the support team has been able to walk us through solving it or adding something new. Not being able to copy and duplicate a private booking over multiple dates is the only thing left on our wish list.

by Starboard Suite on 05/06/2017

Sarah,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're happy to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite so intuitive to use, and that we've been able to help you cut down on training time for your team.

We wish you a great summer season, and we're looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to be in touch.

Great reservation platform to guarantee you don't overbook.

Reviewed on 22/05/2019
Brett G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Hands down a great experience and outstanding platform capabilities.

Pros: Set's us apart from competition because we can make sure we don't oversell capacity on our vehicles. Platform is very user friendly and when we need customization the tech team quickly works with us to accommodate.

Cons: Not yet a feature to "add to basket" to purchase multiple ticket items in one transaction.

by Starboard Suite on 23/05/2019

Brett,

Thanks so much for writing a review!

Glad to hear that Starboard is bringing so much value to your business.

Wishing you a great summer season!

I love Starboard! It's easy to use, and they are quick to respond to every issue that comes up.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Barbara C.
Reservationist
Customer Support

Pros: They have the ability to customize the software to fit our specific needs. Whenever I have had a question or problem, they have quickly answered and resolved any issues that I have had.

Cons: I would really like it if you could see what month it is even when you're not at the top of the month.

by Starboard Suite on 02/07/2018

Barbara,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to hear that you love using Starboard Suite, and glad to hear that our support team has been so quick to respond.

Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Starboard is a great system and easy to learn!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017
Jenny C.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The main benefit would be people not overbooking the boats which is a great relief . Starboard Suites is very organized and it is easy to find customer information when needed.

Pros: Starboard is very user friendly. Its easy for people to learn even if they aren't great with technology. Navigation through the site along with changing trips and such is uncomplicated and in our busy environment you need that. Whenever we have needed help or to change something it gets done right away there's no hour plus wait on the phone. All in all I would definitely recommend it to any company.

by Starboard Suite on 10/05/2017

Jenny,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite to be so user friendly.

We think our job is to make software that makes your job easier. It's great to hear when we're getting it right :)

Thanks again!

Get for small business

Reviewed on 05/01/2017
Alexander W.
Onwner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was with SS for 3 years and they worked great. I wish they had more features but that's what makes their cost so so cheap compared to others.

Pros: Very easy, cheap, and great communication

Cons: up to date features and connections with affiliates

by Starboard Suite on 05/01/2017

Hi Alex,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We've been very busy cranking out new features this year, including integrations with Square, Smart Waiver, Mail Chimp and Constant Contact.

And, we've got lots more in the pipeline for this year.

We'd love to welcome you back when you're ready :)

Easy to use and very helpful

Reviewed on 07/06/2018
Morgan D.
Retail and reservation supervisor
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It helps organize and give a quick overview of the tours that are happening throughout the year at the company I work for.

Pros: I love how it is now colour coated so all of our tours look differently and it is easier to tell what you are looking at.

Cons: I dislike how you cannot see the price of tours without going through the booking of a tour. I honestly cannot think of many things that I dislike regarding the software.

by Starboard Suite on 08/06/2018

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying using Starboard Suite, and that it's hard to think of anything you don't like :)

Wishing you a great summer!

Multiple features and outstanding customer support.

Reviewed on 23/05/2019
Nick S.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Not only is the software user friendly and easily managed by our employees, but the SS customer support is outstanding. They have always been willing and able to answer and questions quickly and effectively.

Cons: Cons are slim to none as SS keeps releasing new updates and user-friendly features.

by Starboard Suite on 24/05/2019

Nick,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that you've been enjoying the platform and that our support team has been meeting (or exceeding) your expectations.

We're looking forward to working with you for many years to come.

Have a great summer season!

We used another software system that was not compatible to what we needed & Starboard is great!

Reviewed on 15/08/2017
Dede M.
Payroll - A/P & A/R
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Keeping track of daily flights and reservations, being able to see immediately if we are going to have a good or bad week.

Pros: Easy to use and navigate. The clarity and script is great and eliminates any overstraining of eyes. The different tabs are self explanatory and covers the Q & A needed to operate the system.

Cons: I really don't have a con maybe the fees but they really are not that bad. Sometimes when there is a refund issued the info has been cancelled but not really an issue.

by Starboard Suite on 15/08/2017

Hi DeDe,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

Glad to hear that you're finding the system easy to use and navigate.

FYI, if you need to access historical information about a reservation after it's been cancelled, it's all available under the "history" tab.

Have a great summer!

As a reservation agent for my company, I have found it fairly user friendly!

Reviewed on 31/05/2017
Ashley B.
Retail and Reservations agent
Customer Support

Pros: Being able to specify which resource, tour, or location is great. It really helps narrow things down to a more manageable view and moves the process along very quickly.

Cons: I wish it were colour coded. Our company has hundreds of tours a week, and being able to pick a tour out more quickly would be great. I know the specification tools are useful, but even then we've narrowed from 400 tours to 80-100. Having those broken down and a little more visually defined would be amazing. As well, jumping forward to dates can be very tricky. It would be nice to have the option to see one day on the screen alone, or a whole month even. Maybe having a drop down menu with view options?

by Starboard Suite on 31/05/2017

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that you're finding Starboard Suite easy to use.

You'd asked about seeing a day at a time -- there's a Daily Event Schedule under the Events menu that will let you do just that!

Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you have trouble locating that.

And, color coding event types is on the way -- look for that later this summer.

Wishing you all the best!

Just starting out with Starboard Suite but the overall experience has been excellent! Super helpful!

Reviewed on 16/01/2018
Chris T.
Customer Support

Pros: It just works! Customizable and super easy to use. Customers are confident they're dealing with a professional and reputable company on the other end of the internet cable, even if they have never spoken to us by phone or email.

Cons: So far so good...really very little in the way of issues. Starboard Suites has been able to solve anything that's come up and find a work-around if needed. They seem to be very on top of enhancements that would be beneficial to users and their customers.

by Starboard Suite on 18/01/2018

Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad to hear that you're having a great experience with Starboard Suite.

Wishing you a great season!

It has a number of great features that make tour scheduling easy!

Reviewed on 14/06/2017
Jennifer B.
Retail and Reservations Manager
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It is user friendly, and I like that it tracks all movements. I also appreciate the installation of the workstations, that was absolutely necessary for our operation!

Cons: I would like the retail portion to be better so that we could sell tours and gifts in the same program. I would also like to see the entire day on the calendar view, not a whole week at a time.

by Starboard Suite on 14/06/2017

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that Starboard Suite is making it easy for you to manage your events and reservations!

We're equally excited about the workstation tracking... it's great to hear that that's been helpful for you :)

In terms of retail, my understanding is that your team wants to be able to use an external scanner for your retail items, due to the high volume of retail sales in your various stores. We're talking to your company management about adding that and we're excited about it!

In terms of a "daily view", if you navigate to Events->Daily Event Schedule you can see a day at a time :)

If there's any additional assistance we can provide, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

Wishing you a great summer!

Sophisticated software that is user friendly.

Reviewed on 06/12/2018
Heather C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am impressed with the Starboard Suites Team and their ability to work with the nuances of our company and provide solutions to our specific needs. So far the software has helped our small business streamline reservations, organize our inventory, and open up the ability for multiple people to view our calendar at once. I'm really happy with the software.

Pros: The ability to access your calendar or reservation system from any page. Great features like editing multiple events at one time, or the simplicity of quickly making changes to one reservation. Any request to help personalize the software have been quickly addressed and created for our needs.

Cons: Features that we cannot edit ourselves like the Base Price (but that is a quick email request).

by Starboard Suite on 07/12/2018

Heather,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review.

We're glad to hear that Starboard Suite is working out well for your business -- sophisticated AND user friendly are exactly what we're after :)

We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come!

A truly great system and provider!

Reviewed on 26/07/2018
VP Revenue Management
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: A platform that is not complicated! A really nice and easy to use platform that allows us to manage our reservations very effectively and ensure that we protect ourselves from making an error. The system is very flexible and easy to make changes.

Cons: No real issues to report, the system has provided us with no issues and if we ever face any issues then the team have been great in helping to resolve this.

by Starboard Suite on 27/07/2018

Hi there,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

We're glad to hear that our platform is working out so well for your business, and that our team has been helpful in answering any questions.

Have a wonderful summer!

Great reservation system with an accommodating staff that answers all my questions!

Reviewed on 04/11/2017
Katie N.
Office manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like the reports and the that my reservation system has a involved customer support so I don't have to spend hours trying to figure things out.

Pros: The library of how-to articles and the quick response of their staff. Whenever I call their support line I always get knowledgeable staff. If I can't figure out how to do something or if I need something done that is unique to my site they are happy to code me a unique solution or take on any challenge I throw at them.

Cons: Its still new and updating to the latest apps. They are in the process of coordinating their site with apple apps and other sites that i run with my business.

by Starboard Suite on 06/11/2017

Hi Katie,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying using our software, and that our staff has been so responsive to all of your questions and unique situations.

FYI, our web-based reservation system has been around for years now. As you mentioned, our iOS app is new within the last few weeks, but it's working great so far, and we've got more enhancements coming soon.

Wishing you all the best!

Our experience with Starboard has been wonderful, quick to process any requests.

Reviewed on 06/06/2017
Greg S.
Financial Controller
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Our business has various locations, including a large variety of shore excursions, tours on both land and water, as well as restaurant operations sold to both public and private groups. Starboard has provided us with an incredible ability to separate these bookings, and provide an extremely in depth method to track sales by locations and customer group. Starboard has customized our reporting and we have developed reports to allow us to utilize the contract function a great deal as well as implement built in accounts receivable tracking. Development and engineers working on our project provided quick results and delivered on time.

by Starboard Suite on 06/06/2017

Hi Greg,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I know the team was hard at work on some of your custom contract and reporting needs, and it's great to know that everything is working out so well!

We're thrilled to have you on board, and looking forward to helping you with your reservations for many years to come :)

Working hard to make it work for us!

Reviewed on 27/01/2017
April O.
Dir Sales & Marketing
Hospitality
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Rep (and I'm betting the entire Starboard Suite team) has been working hard to bring our updated system online before season kicks in. And this has been accomplished with humor, patience and sharing of knowledge to make our ticketing system (and a wee bit more) work for our team. The ticket portion launched late last year and has worked like a charm and, thankfully, has been intuitive to our team to handle calls and questions (a busy January). Recommend this group of folks to help move forward online ticket sales and more.

Pros: intuitive. fast. easy.

Cons: so far no downside.

by Starboard Suite on 27/01/2017

Hi April,

Thanks for your kind review.

Indeed, the charter and private tour side of your business is fairly complex, but that doesn't scare us :)

Working hard is what we do!

We've been glad to build support for the many different types of charters, private tours and school groups you work with.

We've really enjoyed collaborating with you, and your entire team along the way, and we're excited to be launching our new charter and group management system next week!

Looking forward to many years of future collaboration.

It will take some getting used to but it will be good when things are worked out.

Reviewed on 26/05/2017
Emily S.
Retail and reservations supervisor
Customer Support

Pros: This software looks nice and new so it is very aesthetically pleasing. It's a good program for finding out how people have heard about our company.

Cons: I find that this software makes it very difficult at making sure bookings have been cancelled and sometimes booked. The "remove from cart" button is very misleading and allows me to think I'm deleting a booking even when I'm not.

by Starboard Suite on 26/05/2017

Emily,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

I'm glad to hear that you find our software aesthetically pleasing -- we work hard on that :)

Sorry to hear that the "remove from cart" button feels confusing. It sounds like this functionality may be a bit different from what you were used to in your old system.
Moving between software systems can always be a bit daunting.

Most of our users really like the "remove from cart", so I suspect you'll adapt to it in short order, but please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if you'd like more information about how to use it most effectively.

from the very first phonecall, the folks at Starboard Suite have been great to work with.

Reviewed on 14/06/2017
Tony P.
Owner/President
Customer Support

Comments: I have not yet found any "cons" to our relationship with Starboard. They and their product have " performed as advertised" so far.

Pros: We were completely unaware of what we needed, or even what we wanted, in a software for our new startup business. At Red Boat Water Tours, LLC, when we sit around our corporate offices, we're literally sitting around our kitchen. When I converse with Michael at Starboard, I get the same intimate image of their company and that is comforting.

by Starboard Suite on 03/07/2017

Tony,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

We're thrilled to have you on board, and glad that things are working out so well for you :)

I'm really glad to hear that our service feels so personal! We're based out of a high-rise in downtown San Francisco, but providing approachable, personalized service is very important to us, and we're determined to maintain that aspect of our company culture as we continue to scale our business.

Wishing you a wonderful summer and a successful first season!

Kind of confusing to use.

Reviewed on 14/07/2017
Savanna G.
office assitant
Entertainment, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A lot of clients have figured out how to use it and we don't have to bother helping them book their reservation.

Pros: I will say a lot of people do understand how to use the system and get their reservation through on their own. I just wish the system was super easy and everyone got in on the first try. But we don't live a perfect world.

Cons: customers get very confused by putting their vouchers in from groupon. They have to call and need to be walked through every step because they can't figure it out on their own. i wish the system was more self explanatory so people wouldnt need to call and ask for help.

by Starboard Suite on 17/07/2017

Hi Savanna,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review!

"Confusing to use" is definitely not something we've heard before... it sounds like something isn't configured the best way for your specific booking needs.

We'll reach out to your company management to see how we can best address this for your team.

Have a wonderful summer.

Game Changer for our business

Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Jason C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Starboard was professional and helped elevate our business with their advanced system versus others and by taking the time to educate us through out the process. Any questions were immediately answered which made the usage seemless from our current system to theirs. Would highly recommend to others!

Pros: Intuitive functionality and system capabilities

Cons: Certain functions required to be adjusted by them versus us

by Starboard Suite on 25/01/2017

Hi Jason,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review.

We're really glad to hear that Starboard Suite is having such a positive impact on your business!

Looking forward to many more years of collaboration.