About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why Asana is a top performer on Capterra.

Learn more about Asana

Pros:

Furthermore, Asana's extremely adjustable and attractive GUI makes interacting with it a lot more enjoyable. It was well worth the money.

Cons:

When you set up a new account, you naturally are opted in to the email notifications, which can be really annoying and a pain to remove. My only suggestion to the Asana team would be to change that.

Asana ratings

4.4

8.4/10

Asana has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 10,991 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Asana before?

Filter reviews (10,991)

Emily S.
Emily S.
Sales Operations Manager in US

Asana For Life! (Forget Trello)

5 last month New

Comments: Love love love it! Recommend it to any company, especially ones who have continued a remote model.

Pros:

I also love Trello but for very different purposes. When it comes to project & task mgmt./collaboration, Asana smokes Trello, and pretty much every other alternative. Asana makes remote collaboration a breeze, integrates with just about anything you need it to (Gmail, calendar, [even Trello]), allows you to customize so much of the platform, and even allows you to export boards & tasks into Excel.

Cons:

No cons I can think of! Maybe a more customizable dashboard homepage

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana: My new company at the time used Asana and I ended up loving it far more than Trello

Switched From: Task Board, Trello and ClickUp

Aaron S.
Aaron S.
Treasurer in US
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Great Task, Project, and Time Management Tool

4 2 weeks ago New

Comments: My last job and my current job requires a lot of process and change management and being able to collaborate, track, and schedule both projects and operational duties has really been a game changer in two roles where the amount of to-do's have been overwhelming so for me personally to just be able to organize my work is incredible and being able to collaborate on projects is just a plus. As I've repeated in this review twice already, my review is not to say that other similar project management tools are better, it's just the fact that you can have paid and unpaid subscriptions without any restraints and quite a bit of functionality that have made it the tool of choice for my company.

Pros:

The ability to customize the boards, categories, tasks, and sub-tasks with its scheduling abilities helps me stay not only on task but keep track of all my reoccurring operational duties and projects that I'm juggling in my new role in my new company. Being able to have tasks move automatically from board to board with the scheduling tool helps me complete the smaller operational duties that are easily forgotten. The collaboration on projects is simple but effective and works for my team as we coordinate new billing and accounting processes for geographical service areas. Having the option for free accounts without trial time restraints is extremely helpful for those in other teams who collaborate with my team only on occasion and others who are interested in tracking the progress of certain tasks or projects.

Cons:

It would be helpful if there were more integrations with other email, calendar, and communication software's and platforms for team members and other co-workers who have trouble checking Asana and could get reminders or integrations that allow them to keep track and be a part of the software while checking their other normal software's (i.e. Outlook/Slack).

Andrea B.
Researcher - Lecturer in US
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

Asana makes my life easier

5 last month New

Comments: I have been using asana for at least six years now. Before, I used Excel for complex projects (I worked as a consultant) and to-do list applications for other matters (including, personal.) Since I got asana, all my projects are in one place. In Asana I basically have my life project. I've had a great experience with the application, and I'm glad it now has a desktop application.

Pros:

First, I would be delighted with the interface. The projects are on the right, and I can switch between different layouts at the top. I use List and Calendar. I like that in that same view, I can see my labels. I use the labels to prioritize tasks across projects. I like how intuitive it is to navigate through the projects. Second, I like how easy it is to enter information. I can schedule tasks from my email. I can save notes under each task. Third, I like how easy it is to collaborate with others.

Cons:

There is no plugin to convert links into tasks when using Firefox. That is so far my only negative point.

César C.
César C.
Computer engineer in Panama
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

A great productivity tool

5 last month New

Comments: Asana is the productivity tool I use with my small workgroup at school and it has never let me down, the productivity and efficiency of my group increased exponentially with the implementation of Asana. It is a very well-thought-out tool that meets everything you need; it works fast and accurately, and the interface is intuitive. It is great software to improve your productivity, either in a group or personally.

Pros:

Asana is a great project manager, it has many tools that favor collaborative work. The task and time management in Asana is flawless, and the different ways to present your organization are great, whether it's a list, a task flow, or a calendar, whatever you use does the job. It is constantly evolving and updating software, so it can only get better. An important point in favor of Asana is the integration with third-party applications, such as Google Calendar or Notion, very few software have such a complete third-party integration. Overall, it's an excellent tool for productivity whether you're working in large or small groups.

Cons:

Asana fulfills most of the functions that it promises, however, it would be nice if the free version is not so limited, mainly because in small workgroups this can be a compelling reason to give up using Asana. Also, when you first start using Asana, the learning curve can be a bit slow, but after a few days of using it, you get used to it.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Asana is much simpler and it is simpler in task and project management.

Pedro A.
Pedro A.
Co Founder in Portugal
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

Automation at its best!

5 last month New

Comments: Overall, Asana is in the top platforms in the market for project management. We have been working with them for the past 2 years and don´t intend to change in the near future. It has all the features that we need and is continually optimising internal processes.

Pros:

Asana is not just a to-do list. It features great tools, including an organised calendar, template all of your work flows and set up systems and automations to really up level your productivity. Asana makes it easy to manage task and workflows that cross over into different business tools. Team collaboration also works at its best, as you are able to communicate with team members and up-dating tasks in a very intuitive way.

Cons:

The mobile app is not very easy to use, but I assume that this is an issue in the overall market for a project management platform. There is way too much tools in order to make it all user-friendly in just one small screen.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Seems like the most useful product in the market after brainstorming with the team.

Eduardo C.
Eduardo C.
President LATAM in Brazil

The Perfect Tool for a Marketing Agency

4 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

We use it for everything related to projects with clients. Once we onboard new clients or employees, it is easy to get them in the platform and using.

Cons:

In 2019 we started to grow fast and the billing model was against us so the platform ended up being quite expensive.

Alternatives Considered: Teamwork and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: We tested all and picked Asana because of the feature set

Gustavo B.
Gustavo B.
Director in Portugal

Good choice for people who does need a management tool

4 last month New

Comments: I stop using the system since I found myself and my coworkers wasting so much time at updating the activities in the platform.

Pros:

It does offer several productivity features The interface is user-friendly They do have a reasonable price

Cons:

It is probably contradictory with the purpose of the platform, but I find it to be a time consumer many times. For little organizations, it does not worth using this kind of system, since you need to keep everyone doing their best. For massive organizations, it might be ideal to keep trace of everyone activities.

Alternatives Considered: Whimsical, Trello and Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I read about the platform and I thought it could offer us an extra productivity percentage.

César josé R.
César josé R.
Software Developer in Peru

Great workflow support

5 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

In general, it is easy to adapt it from the beginning to the team's process planning. The tools it possesses allow the efficient organization of the team's tasks, and that its members can perfectly understand the maximum delivery times, productivity percentage, among others.

Cons:

In general, it does not have negative aspects, but in response to competition (such as Trello), perhaps it could offer a slightly more intuitive interface and design.

Siokas G.
Siokas G.
Researcher and Project engineer in Greece
Research, 501-1,000 Employees

A useful management tool for demanding organizations

4 3 days ago New

Comments: The tool helped the teams organize their tasks in a comprehensive manner that allowed them to be more efficient and effective.

Pros:

The features available and theability to integrate external tools.

Cons:

The interface is something I amnot used to and had to make some adjustments in the way I work in order to comply to the needs of the tool.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Planner, Trello, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Project and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Theorganization needed a tool that had more options to change the way the projects were organized and the way different tools can be integrated. Therefore, the needs of the team changes and we had to adapt.l

Switched From: ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Due to the characteristics of the project and the strucutre of the team, Asana was the most suitable tool at that time.

Morgan M.
Analyst in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

A gorgeous modern tracking system

4 last week New

Comments: Overall, experimenting with Asana has been a great option. It has a low price point and the functionality that it offers for that price is definitely a steal. If your organization is looking for a tool that gets the basics done, it’s a great choice. It’s beautiful and easy to use and that’s what it advertises. Unfortunately, for larger organizations that have more team members or complex projects, it is not robust enough to handle those kinds of needs.

Pros:

I absolutely love how Asana looks. It is so much cleaner and more modern than a lot of its competition. I also love how it makes simple tasks very easy, which makes them more approachable to the average user. It is great for broad overview of projects and organizing timelines. It is very simple to use, and I believe that anyone can get the hang of it in under a day.

Cons:

I think that Asana is great for casual users and organizations that are small, or operate in small teams. When it is scaled up however, I find that it is lacking in certain functionalities that are present in its competition. It is not as robust and for power users it may not suits the purposes of an organization or project.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Our organization initially chose Asana, however after spending time on it, we realized that it wouldn’t suit the functionality of all the departments. So we are using Asana in conjunction with alternatives.

Ck P.
Software Architect in US
Computer Software, 10,000+ Employees

Great at workflow and project management

5 last month New

Pros:

The first thing you notice is its clean and modern UI. Don't let that fool you, because once you start playing around, you will notice that it's feature-rich. It covers most project/task/workflow management and tracking needs. Even after using it on daily basis for almost 2 years, I am still finding new functionality that greatly enhances the user experience. It is also highly customizable for your needs. The best feature it offers is the timeline view that allows managing dependencies a breeze. It has free and paid versions. For small teams or for personal use, you can easily get away with the free version with pretty much all the same features as the paid version.

Cons:

One thing I hate about Asana is email notifications. While you can customize them, they feel very spammy when you start out and they are not well organized. They make finding relevant information hard enough that you are better off visiting the full website instead. You can have nested subtasks, which is a great feature. However, organizing and sorting them is not possible without 3rd party assistance. This makes it pretty much unusable if you are dealing with hundreds of subtasks.

Oussama R.
marketing manager in Algeria
Import & Export, 11-50 Employees

Amazing control with Asana

5 last month New

Comments: From my personal experience, I managed the marketing and sales team at Indaxia for three years across the Asana platform including social media and the company website.
Asana allowed me to save a lot of time and cost since our eight sub-centers are hundreds of miles apart, and I was able to juggle different tasks such as supervising contract graphic designers, reviewing sales reports for sales staff and even running various meetings with the help of the Zoom platform
During the pandemic, unlike many companies, our company's performance never declined because we were used to working across Asana before the Covid pandemic and in great coordination, so we were fully prepared to deal with such a situation.
With the exception of some minor modifications, I see Asana as one of the most prominent platforms that provide the user with an integrated and exceptional experience in its category.

Pros:

In fact, the most distinctive thing about Asana is its integration as an application, which allows it to have complete control over all aspects of your projects and even your personal life, arranging your priorities and organizing your time and work team as you see fit. The interface of the application is very beautiful and distinctive, easy to use, whether from the phone or the computer, a very consistent design and a very successful selection of colors, which creates visual comfort. Multiple options in organizing and categorizing your documents, enabling linking to websites and social networking sites and managing them through the platform is very useful for emerging businesses or even large organizations to save time and costs and ensure timely commitment in performing the required work. Asana's performance reports are really impressive, and allow you to monitor your performance and that of your team as a whole and easily diagnose and remedy problems if any exist.

Cons:

In such applications, I really like that there is flexibility in controlling the background and modifying it to suit the tastes of users, and the point here is that the application allows the user to add pictures of his company or his work team or anything related to the user as a background to the application, this really enhances the sense of belonging to users I really hope that in the future Asana will devise a way to remind users of upcoming deadlines through automated phone calls, as email is often not useful in circumstances of heavy tasks and messages I also like to always remind the importance of direct linking with other business platforms such as delivery platforms, freelance, and others, in order to meet all the needs of users through the platform, and this will be by investing strongly in the development of suggestion and recommendation systems because it is really a necessary feature for this type of platforms

Chief Operating Officer in US
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

Asana is my choice

4 2 months ago New

Comments: We use Asana to plan and manage online course developments at a private university.

Pros:

Asana is fairly easy to learn and is effective for project management without getting too deep in the weeds of project management. Oh, you can get deep in the PM weeds if you prefer with Asana, but going deep isn't necessary for the product to work well.

Cons:

I'd like to see better note-keeping and note-finding abilities. It's sometimes important to document conversations and occurrences that happen outside the digital realm.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Jira was a terrible UX. I had used Asana in another job and thought it would be better for our purposes. Indeed, it is!

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to Asana: We liked the customization ability, UX, and ease of use of Asana.

CEO and owner in Brazil

The power of Kanban: meet Asana!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I’m pretty happy happy with Asana, it was a game changer when we started to work with third parties. The workflow management is impeccable. Since we’re working with people outside the company, is very important that everyone have the same decision-making power, and Asana provides that.

Pros:

My company use Asana when working with partners, so we need a perfect software to integrate, communicate and delegate tasks with people outside the company, and Asana checks all the boxes. A calendar is provided to integrate with our mail and it is very easy to use, we use as an agenda, so everybody, including partners outside the company, knows what everyone should do and when they should do it. It has a nice mobile interface, which is very important to me as non-friendly technology user, I’ve never had any problems managing my team with my smartphone. The features provided are incredible, especially to integration with other programs.

Cons:

It took a little bit of time to adapt to Asana, we use Trello for internal management, but Asana is way more complete when it comes to work with people outside your work environment. It lacks on notification customization, but this won’t affect on any level of management at all.

Tracy O.
Business Owner in South Africa
Design, 2-10 Employees

Asana is the most important online tool I use for my Business.

5 3 months ago

Comments: I love the fact that I can manage my Branding and Website design clients along with my social media management clients all in one space. I very rarely get emails from my clients now and all communication and planning take place in Asana. This seems to save me a lot of time and energy and stops certain requests and tasks from getting lost in lengthy emails.
Being able to keep track of tasks within big projects is SUCH a game-changer. My clients and I are always on the same page and can always see where we are within the project.
For my social media management clients – having one space I can manage them all and see all their content calendars is a huge benefit. Using tasks to plan the month and each post – assign to my client for approval – then reassigned back to me to be posted has really streamlined my workflow.

Pros:

The most impactful feature for me is the ability to create separate projects for each of my clients and customise the layout to suite their projects. I love the face that you can now switch between the board, calendar, and list view as I use each for certain projects. The board view is perfect for my Branding and Website design clients as we can see the whole project laid out. While the calendar view is fantastic for my social media marketing clients where I can view the months and what content to place where during the month. It is so simple to use that even my less tech-savvy clients can use it and end up incorporating it into their businesses. I love that I can easily integrate it with my Google Office too.

Cons:

The thing I least enjoy about Asana is the pricing. Am unable to afford the paid version with the awesome extra features but I do make do with the free version.

Mehandi I.
Mehandi I.
Sales and Marketing Automation Expert in India

Asana Review

5 3 months ago

Comments: I am handling my entire business on Asana from Team Management, Task Management, Project Management, Client Onboarding, Virtual Assistant Management to Payments tracking all is done in one platform.

Pros:

Project Management, Team Management, Task Management/Tracking, Timer, Third Party Integration, Different views for a project. Very user-friendly interface and easy to use.

Cons:

Some features like time-tracking which is available in the free veesiom of Clickup is in the paid version of Asana also there are other features im comparison to Clickup like Hiding of Projects from other team mates is in paid version of asana.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Trello was a bit complicated for me. not tjat much user friendly for my clients.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: It is easy to use, setup and manage.

Dustin A.
Event App Director in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Collaboration Made Easy!

5 4 months ago

Comments: Asana can be used in multiple different ways. It is so easy to communicate directly with employees and clients directly from each project. Asana will keep you organized and it will keep you on track to meet deadlines that you might have. I use Asana for several different areas of our business. Asana solved our issue of having information in several different places. Asana has helped us stay organized and operate more efficiently.

Pros:

Asana offers a wide range of features that will help, no matter what you use it for. I love how they are always adding new features and tools. This is a great platform for collaborating with colleges and clients. Asana can also integrate with apps that you use on a daily basis. Asana can be used in several different ways, and you can customize your view to fit the type of project you are working on.

Cons:

If you are using Asana for very basic projects, there is not a whole lot to complain about. If you are using Asana for more complex situations, there can be a bit of a learning curve. For what I do, there are times when I need to copy or duplicate a section inside of a project. Currently, you can not do this inside of Asana and the section has to be duplicated manually.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: We decided to use Asana because of the wide range of features that they offer. You can have one area of Asana that you can use for internal projects and a completely separate area where you are collaborating with clients. Asana also offers outstanding customer support and help documentation.

Mike G.
President in US
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

What's to like about Asana

5 6 months ago

Comments: It's essential to our project management for our remote team. We can login from anywhere and see what's on the agenda, update items, and share progress.

Pros:

Asana is a powerful project management tool for our team. It allows us to have a central place online to add client projects, marketing projects, and in-house projects and keep track of them. Totally love the recurring task feature.

Cons:

I have a lot of completed tasks! It would be nice to be able to more easily archive them and clean my space up a bit more.

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: We need more robust features.

Switched From: Google Sheets

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Price point and it was recommended by another industry colleague who was raving about it.

Julie S.
Lead Project Manager in France

Asana is a great project management tool

5 7 months ago

Comments: I'm using Asana since the beginning of 2018. During this time we were looking THE project management tool for our company to be able to manage our client project. I spend a lot of time to benchmark and test the different project management tool. We decided to test Asana in the beginning of 2018 and since then, we are using everyday. At the very beginning only the project managers was using it, now everyone, included our client is using this tool.

Pros:

The way everything is well think, the UX/UI team of Asana should work a lot on this tool interface because it's super easy, fast and intuitive to use it. I love the fact that I'm able to create any kind of project for any kind of client by using the same tool and by setting approximately the same column - and by adapting my tags according to the project. Also, this tool is used by everyone and understandable by everyone internally and externally! We reduced a lot the emails with the clients which secure a lot the projects.

Cons:

The only little point I would like to improve/to add would be to be able to export any type of view: for example to be able to export the calendar view when a project is set. Even if a public link can be create and share to any one, many of our client prefers the pdf format and it is easier to attach on some client contract for example.

Switched From: Azendoo

Reasons for Switching to Asana: We didn't have enough IT project to work only on Jira. With Asana we can manage our social media project, creative and IT ones.

Grace A.
Grace A.
Digital Marketing Analyst in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 10,000+ Employees

It offers an excellent service to manage all your projects.

5 7 months ago

Comments: I have been using Asana for the last three years and it works perfect for what it was designed for; task and project management with collaborative tools and integrations, based on a simple system but able to unite teams and increase productivity. It is affordable and everyone can start using Asana, and for enterprise scale performance there are good plans or licenses.

Pros:

Compared to other software/platforms, Asana has stood out for the following features: +It has integrations with important applications, such as Tableau, Salesforce, Google Calendar, Office 365, among others. +It has a highly interactive dashboard interface, you can leave comments, attach files you have on your computer or from Dropbox, G Drive or whatever your storage tool is. +Customer support is more responsive and friendly. +It is more efficient as it is perfect for working with large teams, has fewer limitations and is more professional. +More flexible customization. +Can track multiple projects with multiple timelines. It has several functions to manage a project, also to communicate internally in a team and to follow up on tasks. We can plan campaigns in advance and it is easier to know who is responsible for each element. *I like the dashboards because it helps me to visualize the work progressing in stages. Everyone has deadlines and due dates in their responsibilities, it's a more organized work, with reminders and so on. I can change views and visualize my tasks differently. *Assigning tasks is easy and you can put sub-tasks. Integrations with other applications improve the process of activities and expand the possibilities.

Cons:

I think the only thing I have to mention here is that the search filter is not as robust a feature as the other tools, so I would like it to be optimized, with more options and customization.

Abraham C.
Abraham C.
Social Media Manager & Administrative Support in Philippines
Mining & Metals, 2-10 Employees

Best Free Project Management App for SMB

5 7 months ago

Comments: Asana is very easy to use, fast, reliable, and powerful. Just with their free version, I've got nothing else to ask for. It got all I need to run my business and work with my clients. It's the best free project management for me.

Pros:

When we switched to Asana years ago, I didn't appreciate it right away because it's a new environment to me had to make a lot of adjustments. But as I use it every day, I got familiar with the app very quickly. It is very easy to use and might have a little learning curve. Navigating the app is all common sense though, and their help docs are very handy if you got any problems. Even though I'm familiar with the app, when I tried to open their knowledgebase, I was surprised to know there's a lot more I can do with Asana. Even with just the free version, it's so powerful and you can do so many things! It's good enough for SMBs who are just starting out. For me, some premium features are just too much so the essential features are sufficient for my business and work. Another thing I like is you can switch to Kanban view, so it's a goodbye Trello for me. I use this view often on sprints and it's very handy and effective. Another feature I like is you can convert an email to a task in Asana just by forwarding it to a specific email they give you, then it will be added automagically in your specific project. I'm also happy that they have released their desktop app. That's a huge help for me in decluttering my browser tabs.

Cons:

Asana is a beast. There's nothing to dislike from this app.

Rick K.
Director in US
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees

Asana Most helpful in Project Management

4 7 months ago

Comments: I have used several project management software and this is the tool that seems to be most popular and functional with cross functional teams. Very few hiccups in the user experience. There are more expensive softwares with many more functions...but Asana is very proficient to get the job done for small and large teams or organizations

Pros:

Asana is a great collaboration tool that helps teams work well together on integrated fronts and many different tasks. It has a lot of flexibility/customizations capabilities. It has a free plan to start with..but once you get into it..you see the value of buying a more advanced option.

Cons:

a bit confusing at first for some...but once you spend time with it...it makes sense

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Smartsheet not as capable

Switched From: Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Options

Sim F.
Mobile Marketing in Germany
Entertainment, 501-1,000 Employees

Perfect Project Management Software

5 8 months ago

Comments: We could easily organize a small team with Asana, create sub task of larger projects and assign responsibilities.

Pros:

Very easy to use and understand Versatile in its functionalities Good templates for 1:1 or any other possibility to organize your tasks with your manager or team Good free functionality Lifesaving reminders! And unicorn rewards for finishing tasks

Cons:

It is not as userfriendly when trying to attach pictures / files, as other programs. Not everything can be dragged an dropped. Sometimes it is a bit fiddly when trying to move tasks to other groups

Alternatives Considered: Jira and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Asana is more versatile than trello boards for organizing. Asana even has the same functinality + many others

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Most easy to use Good prior experience

Antonia C.
Digital Marketing Manager in Italy
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

best option for those who want a free tool

4 9 months ago

Comments: I think Asana is one of the best project management tool for a one person especially in its free plan. I speed up my work a lot during the time I was using Asana, and it also helped me to collaborate with two team mates. But when it comes to make a step higher (for example if you need a proper collaboration with your team or if you want to customize it better) the paid plan is not so cheap and it offers less than other tools.

Pros:

A couple of years ago I totally fell in love with Asana for it's white background and the cleanliness of its interface. I'd say "nomen omen": it's easy to focus on your work and feel a sense of peace while working with Asana.

Cons:

Time tracking is a critical part in my job and I didn't like the integrated tool in Asana (there was only Harvest at the time, now ther's Toggl which is much better).

Alternatives Considered: Trello and Notion

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Trello is too confusing and there are less customization opportunities. For examples it miss a calendar view on the free plan which is, in my opinion, a fundamental of the project management

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: It has a great free plan and it's really easy to learn

Prathamesh M.
Account manager IT applications in US
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Asana an efficient and effective tool for project management

5 9 months ago

Comments: Overall experience, this software stands out to be the best software for project management. It helps manage milestones as well as people. It helps track down backlogs and issues in the project and helps build a process streamline towards completing the project. Excellent tool to manage time and tasks.

Pros:

Features are most likeable feature of this software. Creating projects, adding milestones, adding, and tracking tasks is efficient and easy and is very doable. Tracking activities on individual level and reporting backlogs and lags are efficient using this software. Reports are easily made using project templates and can be shared between different parties. Overall, Asana provides excellent project management capabilities to users and employees.

Cons:

Frequent version updates are particularly challenging for any organization to address. Updates have sync issues with other systems, which leads to integration issues. The second issue is with customer support, which is slow and requires multiple calls to fix an issue. This process takes lot of time to understand the issue further leading to more deals in fixing the issue.

Alternatives Considered: Jira and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Asana gives better customization options compared to other tools, it has extensive set of features and an interactive dashboard to manage work. From project management perspective it is easy to handle deadline and project streamline from the dashboard. Other alternates were expensive and required additional payment for these features.