Filter by:

• Overall

About Asana

Asana is the easiest way to organize and manage all of your team's work. See why 9,000+ customers give Asana 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Learn more about Asana

Showing 9,948 reviews

Hafizah S.
Hafizah S.
Assistant Manager Business Development
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2021

"My opinion on Asana"

Pros: Asana is undoubtedly one of the most significant project management tools available. I appreciate that you can not only establish a project and delegate subtasks to coworkers and designate deadlines. This guarantees that everybody understands their roles and when their obligations are due. Additionally, the task dependencies feature facilitates workflow by allowing you to identify a job as awaiting completion of another. This feature helps keep complicated projects on track by ensuring that the excellent work is completed on time and that no job is holding the project back. Timelines, bespoke layouts, and custom fields are also appealing to me.

Cons: My company has been using Asana for over 2 years, and it's been nothing but phenomenal for us. It's been fantastic all around, dramatically increasing my team's productivity by making our team communication simple. In all honesty, I can't think of anything negative to say about Asana. It is simply outstanding software.

• Reviewed on 02/06/2021
Rajesh B.
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2021

"Organized Your Work with Asana"

Comments: I use Asana everyday to manage my tasks. I encourage my team to maintain their work through Asana. Overall it's a nice and effective tool. During this current scenario, it's really helpful for your remote working.
Although I believe it is a little expensive compare to similar task management Apps. But the features are really good.

Pros: Asana is the simplest, user-friendly, and most interactive task management tool.
For my startup, I found it very helpful and it makes planning, task assignment, tracking, and registering much easier. I can organize my team task and project and keep track of the work progress without missing the due date for the project.
I also love the My favorite feature is the ability to set up recurring tasks feature. It is easy to set up and you can check the history of the recurring task smoothly.

Cons: Although it's an awesome tool for task management, still I would like to mention a few points which can be improvised.
1. There shall be an option to delete people from teams and projects easier
2. The pricing can be lesser for small team groups.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2021
Edwin O.
Edwin O.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2021

"Perfect software for project management"

Comments: It is exemplary perfect since it encompasses more features needed in project management. It has a good interface and it has enabled work on projects faster and easily

Pros: Its graphical user interface is simple and friendly with more components related to project development. Another thing I like is its free plan, this free plan has more components and features for one to learn from before deciding to subscribe to the long term options. You can integrate this application with restricted applications and also this application can accommodate large organizations. Lastly is based on group collaboration, it is perfect since users can not only assign tasks to members but also set priorities for those tasks.

Cons: While this application has more important features compared to basecamp, it can be technical for someone to use. It is somehow limited in that you can't assign work on multiple users. I don't have much negative about this software up to now since I have not used it for a long time.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: The reason why I chose asana is because it has more features even if it is more technical than Trello.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2021
Diane K.
Technical Writer
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2021

"Asana Changed my Entire Approach to Work"

Comments: This software helped me keep my job. With numerous complex tasks and projects and rapidly changing priorities, follow-up tasks were slipping through the cracks. Once I started using Asana, I felt confident to take on the most complex projects and job duties without becoming overwhelmed.

Pros: It's easy to jump right in and start working with this, even while you are still learning the interface. It does take a little time to get to know the program so that you know how you want to organize your tasks and projects. I was using lists and spreadsheets to manage my projects previously and some aspects were slipping through the cracks. It allows for easy use by multiple team members without overlap or stepping on each others work. It has completely changed my ability to manage every detail of a project and has substantial flexibility to adapt it as you see fit. There are so many things I like about this software that it's hard to name just one thing that I like most.

Cons: I would like to be able to see the Project that a subtask is part of in the "My Tasks" view instead of that field being blank. It may be due to using the free version that this is not available. I also can't view the priorities in the "My Tasks" view, but I worked around that by creating "tags" with colored numbers, red 1, yellow 2, green 3, etc.

Alternatives Considered: Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Our budget was tight, so Asana's long-term free option (as opposed to a short trial) put it over the top. It has the features we need to complete projects within our small team.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2021
Paul M.
Head of Operations
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2021

"Great for Productivity"

Comments: Asana has been an excellent for the whole team to boost their productivity. When there is so many projects going on at once, it really helps break things down and simplify the tasks you need to complete each day.

Pros: Asana has been a great tool for us to manage all of our projects. The calendar view, combined with the ability to colour code each project allows to get a great overview of each working day. It also allows you to rank tasks in terms of priority which is so useful when you have a lot of projects going on at the same time. The ability to collaborate with colleagues on tasks is also a great way of keeping track of progress and notifying all members of progress. It also allows you to keep all documents/attachements and communications about a certain task in the one place. All in all, the software has been a great addition for us and has really helped the whole team become more productive.

Cons: The only real problem I've come across from using the software is the difficulty to sync the calendar view on my desired device. It's really easy to sync your Asana calendar with Google Calendar or iCloud etc. but I've had difficulty getting the entries from my Asana diary to show on Apple Watch. The difficulties here could be as much Apple's problem as Asana's but I think an Apple Watch version of the mobile app would be great. To be able to glance at your watch and see your next task/meeting would be really valuable and save time!

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I really like the simplicity of the Asana interface and user experience. It's also integrated brilliantly with Slack for us too.

• Reviewed on 24/03/2021
Syamir K.
Syamir K.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2021

"Practical way to manage my daily task and project"

Comments: Overall, Asana is one of the most complete Project Management that i ever tried and use. Increasing our effectiveness in planning and tracking a project progress is never a issue with Asana. Deploying a complex project is possible with the help of Kanban method to help us plan the project carefully with visual aid.

Pros: I really like that my team and I can collaborate on project and task easily. The Gantt chart let us to planning a project effectively as we can visualized the activities that related with the project. Resource space has unlimited size that we can add to the project and view which project is dependable or assign to the resource.

Cons: There are not much downside that i can thinking while operating this software. The feature is well build and really responsive with my need in completing my project and daily task. The only thing that i think that they should improve is the video tutorial, there are some of the feature that not covered by the video tutorial.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Wrike need too much integration to have a complete project management. Asana is a solution for all-in-one software.

Switched From: Wrike

• Reviewed on 03/02/2021
Dino K.
Dino K.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2020

"Love using Asana for personal task management as well as for team collaboration in our organization"

Comments: I've started using Asana a couple of years ago as I was searching for a tool that would help me manage all my tasks in a list view. Up to that point, I was using a note-taking app for that but was lacking structure in it, and when I discovered Asana, it gave me just that - structure for managing my multiple projects more efficiently and effectively by having an overview of all the projects and even better an overview of most important (daily) tasks.
Later we also implemented Asana within our organization which gives us an overview of all the work, tasks that we need to execute on in order to successfully complete our projects.

Pros: What I like the most, when it comes to team collaboration in Asana, is task assignment function as we can simply assign tasks to each other and combined with Slack integration we immediately get notified about that in Slack as well. That way we really improved task tracking and execution.
One thing that I find very useful is that Asana enables both list view and Kanban view, as later is especially appreciated by some of my coworkers.

Cons: I wouldn't say there is anything I don't like about Asana, just one thing that I would really like to see is that there could be more people assigned to one task instead of needing to be followers.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: When choosing a work management tool a few years ago I was deciding between Asana and Trello and since Asana was offering List View I decided to go with Asana.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2020
Fillipe neyl W.
Fillipe neyl W.
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2020

"Could be so much better if listened to their users"

Comments: All of this made me look for "the source", I found Wrike and saw that everything Asana was releasing and charging more for it, was already availble in Wrike even before Asana. So we moved to Wrike and we're happier than ever ;-)

Pros: Asana changed the way we managed tasks and projects. The secret of Asana is the granular way you can create tasks. You start just typing the task name and decide what other information you should input and when. There's no friction at all, YOU are in control of it. With just the press of the "Enter" on your keyboard, another task os created, and so on. The magic happens when you start to input more info, the assignee, the due date, the custom fields, and much more. From a simple task list Asana becomes a powerful task management system.

Cons: Well, after so many great things I mentioned, it's clear that yourself and your team will evolve in task managment. The issue with Asana starts there. The need for more functionality becomes a pain, specially reporting, built in time tracking and things you discover other apps already offer for the same price Asana is charging you. The users start to complain a lot on the Asana Community, speccially after the removal of the dashboard feature (that needed an upgrade) and launch of the Portfolio feature , the upgrade Dashboard needed so badly... the thing is you could only get the the new feature paying double per user (the new Business Plan). Paying users started to lose trust in Asana after this, myself included. The thread about this is the one with most comments on the Asama Community forum. But after more than a year, customers only get canned responses. Another popular complaint is the one with hundreds of paying costumers asking Asana to remove a very disturbing colorful banner asking you to upgrade to the Business Plan. Everyone in yout team is gonna see it and even being a paid user there's no way of hiding it.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp, Trello, Airtable and Runrun.it

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Batter functionality, they listen to their users much more .

Switched From: Wrike

• Reviewed on 15/11/2020
Faibrey D.
Faibrey D.
Data Analyst
Farming, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2020

"Simplified teamwork with improved transparency"

Comments: We have seen an improvement in reporting standards since we started using Asana. Team members are transparent and it is very easy to see everything and help those that are having challenges completing projects.

Pros: We started using it on free trial and we realized the first week that this is the software we wanted. One of the best factors is that it is updated regularly to add new features without an additional fee on us. With our team we are able to set goals and divide them into smaller goals that are distributed among team members in the software and we are able to track easily progress on each goal based on deadlines. We are able to track workloads and monitor portfolios on a single dashboard with a few clicks which makes it very user friendly. When we rolled it out we did not need special training as it is very easy to use. We automated all routine tasks in the software to save time and reduce errors. In addition, another feature I enjoy is the use of forms that are user friendly to submit work requests. They are very easy to fill.

Cons: Although it gives the option to secure documents and data from editing by enabling the comment-only feature, it does not restrict viewing of the data of which it is a feature they can add to make sure there is selection on who can view data among the team members.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Asana proved to be very useful within the first week of our trial period and we could not do otherwise but subscribing.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2020
Odette S.
Deputy Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 22/06/2020

"Intuitive, Powerful, and Beautiful To Do App"

Comments: Asana has allowed our office to both keep extremely flexible and extremely specific project to-do lists. It also allows us to keep our conversations about an issue or project in one place, archived for all time. Additionally, we are able to keep reference information about each project in Asana, creating one central place to check for details, status, and tasks on each project.

Pros: Asana is extremely easy to implement in an office. The design is clean and intuitive and feels very familiar and easy to use from Day 1. Love the ability to create tracking boards or lists, depending on what my need is; and the ability to switch between both of these views is a huge plus. The animations are a delight. Love the Chrome and Gmail plug-ins, I use those multiple times a day. I liked Asana so much that I implemented it at home to keep our family on track and organized.

Cons: I wish there was the ability to personalize the skin of the app more -- different backgrounds for the desktop, stickers. I also wish that Asana could integrate with electronic planners to replace their to-do list function.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft To Do, Basecamp and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Wunderlist did not have the data parsing power we needed. Asana is so much more flexible and customizeable!

• Reviewed on 22/06/2020
Nic M.
Freelance Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Accuracy for teams!"

Comments: Asana has helped me help my clients in increasing efficiency and establishing an understanding between multiple business areas.

Pros: Asana has a number of templates and various different ways to manage and execute projects of different natures. For example, I use and always suggest to my clients that they use a weekly meeting templates where the sections match the various business operations such as marketing, operations, accounts, warehouse, etc. This allows items for discussion to be addressed in the weekly meeting and then allocated to the projects and individuals for execution. It's great for collaborating and ensuring that everyone in a team nails their dealings.

Cons: I do find it a bit pricey for smaller businesses, especially when handling multiple clients/projects from a single account and each project needs to be private. It's too expensive for freelancers or small agencies.

Alternatives Considered: Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I had previously worked in Asana so it was easy for me to grasp. I also need to train my clients how to use it so it is imperative that I have a thorough understanding of the products I implement for them.

by Asana on 10/06/2020

Hi Nic and thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to know Asana has helped you and your clients to increase efficiency!

We recently made some changes to our paid plans, and among other things, we've implemented a paid solution for teams of 2,3 and 4 people! Please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team if this is something you'd be interested in. We're also available via our Community Forum if you have some questions or need any assistance!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Carlos T.
Carlos T.
Gerente de Proyectos y Comunicaciones
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Collaborative software for project and task management."

Comments: I recommend this software responsibly because it is one of the best solutions that work teams have to manage tasks and work projects. With Asana you will be able to develop different types of collaborative activities quickly and efficiently, improving the product of your work and adding to your work dynamics a lot of productivity. Acquire this software and improve your work dynamics.

Pros: Asana is a software designed to facilitate the management of projects and tasks in the working environment. The most important features of this software are the following. -It is a software that strengthens teamwork thanks to its shared workspaces, which are divided into projects and tasks. You can manage large projects, as well as you can manage small operational tasks in your work and assign obligations to other co-workers. -A well explanatory central panel, which mentions each of the details of the project or task you are carrying out and the tools applicable to your projects. -Receive instant updates on the progress of your project or tasks, plus notify you when a member of the team made changes to the project. -You can schedule meetings and pending tasks. -All the projects and tasks you are managing are stored in the Asana cloud. -It has a multiplatform application, so you can access the software from your smartphone.

Cons: Asana has one of the best project management platforms I have ever known. For more than three years I have used this software for work purposes, and both its collaborative workspace tool and the option to develop projects, tasks and store them in the cloud, work excepcionalmemte. Asana developers have done a great job developing this software for businesses. It is a very complete and efficient software for me.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
Ken I.
Ken I.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"If I only had ONE tool, this would be it."

Comments: I use Asana every day, and it's the first thing I fire up in the morning. I can check it's inbox to see if there are any pressing issues or communications (if I hadn't already seen it in the app), and then run down my tasks which are displayed just as I've set them up. My projects are listed in the order that makes sense to me, and tasks are scheduled, communications, files, etc., all available at a click. It even talks to Toggl, so I can track my time effortlessly. As a one-man agency, I've been able to take on much more work using Asana than if I'd tried to manage everything the old way. Before I used Asana, I tried to manage projects, service and other communications via email, labels, etc., but there's just no comparison. If you make the transition to Asana, you'll be a better coordinator, project manager, business person, etc. You won't be able to help it. ;)

Pros: Asana is a very capable project coordination platform. It's very easily customized to fit my individual workflow, and extremely intuitive. I share access with some of my clients to allow them to create, edit and update tasks. I love the way this tool weans stakeholders from the jungle of email.

Cons: I wish there were a mid-level pricing tier for entrepreneurs to take advantage of some of the pro-level features, but not have to commit to the fairly pricy upgrade. Don't get me wrong, it's probably very worth it to upgrade, but I'd rather be able to choose the features that would benefit me at a reduced price rather than buy the upgrade for one or two I really want. Like when we had to buy an album just to get the 2 songs we really wanted, lol!

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I looked at Trello, but it seemed a little busy and clunky. I needed something intuitive, and Asana just seemed more user-friendly to me.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Gabrielle W.
Administrator
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Asana - more than a to do list"

Comments: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner. Other programs may compromise it’s appearance for an easy to use dashboard, while others may forfeit the simplicity of its app to appear colorful or modern. Asana does both! Our team uses Asana on a daily basis. It’s more than just a to do list, it’s an app that truly makes its users feel good for getting things done. From the trendy emojis that occasionally pop up, to the easy to use dashboard, this app is a must-have for any company or team to use!

Pros: It’s a very colorful, interactive program that motivates their users to complete tasks in a timely manner.

Cons: There is some confusion in regards to setting up the projects or team boards. There doesn’t seem to be a way to duplicate tasks on a team board to a private project.

Alternatives Considered: QNotes Office

Reasons for Choosing Asana: Asana did a much better job being appealing to its users.

Reasons for Switching to Asana: It’s overall appearance is modern and sophisticated, yet isn’t overly complicated to use whereas many other programs only offered one or the other.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Randall H.
Software Engineer
Defense & Space, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"One of the best task management tools you can get!"

Pros: Asana is a beautiful and flexible tool for managing your project and for team collaboration. The tool provides a very simple and easy to use GUI that provides you with quick buttons for all the common things you would need, such as creating a new project or task, assigning users, notifications, scheduling, permissions, watchers, etc. I am pretty impressed as all these options are available right on the main window in a very intuitive manner, as opposed to a bunch of buttons being cluttered in one area or options buried within menu trees. I love the fact that you can create tasks and organize them as easy as making using a simple todo list app on your phone. You type your task and can drag them and make dependencies too that way. There are several views that you can use, such as the calendar view, comments view, task view, and custom views that you can personalize to suit your needs. The colors are vibrant, simple, and blend well with the white motif. Although it may appear pretty simple, it also contains powerful advanced options such as page settings, task dependencies, special functions for managing users. As a collaboration tool, everyone sees updates to tasks in realtime. Asana also provides nice graphs, statistics, and reports. Asana integrates with other popular tools as well, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Salesforce, etc. This isn't even everything that Asana has to offer, it is truly a great tool to work with.

Cons: I don't really have anything negative to say about Asana as it has been a pleasure to use. I guess even with a simplistic tool like this, there are still people in our team that struggle with the initial learning curve and need training. I think if Asana had some kind of start tutorial where it guided you through the basic functions and provided explanations for each button and where they are located then that might especially help new users.

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
SAP Business one Consultant
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"An Organizational, Team Coordination and Tracking Tool"

Comments: In a large team who are decentralized (different departments handling different tasks within the same project), the tool works well to coordinate each team and meet deadlines. It also minimizes the hassle of follow up for team leads.

Pros: Key pros that elevate my overall experience in regards to the software are:
1. User interface and design - The design aspects are very colorful and interactive, making it easy to navigate from one part of the application to another
2. The timeline feature and ability to monitor other team members' progress on common or interrelated tasks enables the overall team to be efficient and helps with easy follow up
3. The ability to create tasks, project templates, color coded calendars and visual project plans not only adds to the user experience (UX) but also to enhance efficiency as one progresses through the project timelines and goals
4. The software is efficient in updating what's in progress, complete, new requests, all of which assist the user to manage their goals for a project. Priority levels also increase efficiency because a user can also give more attention to high priority tasks.
5. On the technical side, it has an open API and integrates well with other software applications such as dropbox and GitHub
6. Asana recently added gantt chart functionality called timelines which helps with project dependencies

Cons: 1. It takes some time to learn how to use each feature of the product as there are so many features. It requires someone who already has some knowledge to be able to guide other team members. They are easy to use once you do work on them, but some users struggle with more specific features such as dashboards, communication tools.
2. It does not have an in-built instant messaging/chat feature to chat instantly with team mates although they have options to integrate with other softwares for the same functionality.
3. There are too many details that need to be added by users, taking away slightly from the overall experience

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Lindsay V.
Operations Administrator
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"A Step Away From Being The Best"

Comments: We have felt a huge and increasing need for something like Asana and couldn't find the right fit for a fair price. Asana has been the closest we've found to what we are looking for. We can add sub-contractors on individual projects and assign them tasks without having to pay an arm and a leg. This platform would be dynamite with a couple additional features and small changes, but regardless, it has still been of great benefit to us. It is simple enough (compared to complex tools like Bitrix24) but dynamic enough (compared to simple tools like Trello) to be our main work space hub. Because we are used to using free and unlimited tools (like Bitrix24 and Trello), we like that Asana is an affordable solution. We are grateful for all of the benefit it has added to our company!

Pros: Asana has been a huge asset to our company! It's is very easy to use, clean, organized, aesthetically engaging, and customizable enough to fit specific needs of unique organizations. To create a task list, you must create a new project, so we have a unique "project" for each employee, simply as a way of putting their personal to do list in Asana, instead of having a separate platform (like Wunderlist) for general tasks. Now all project tasks and general tasks can be viewed in one list in Asana. Asana works with our time tracking platform (Toggl) so employees don't have to shift between windows to track which project they are working on. The Timeline view was the biggest selling point for us, since the simple Trello-like project view is far too basic for the complexities of our many fast moving projects. Asana Timeline is simple enough that we don't waste valuable hours just getting the project timeline setup (templates is a life-saver), but we also don't waste time duplicating work, retracing steps, dividing tasks via email, etc. It keeps us organized and helps us communicate progress quickly.

Cons: Asana allows you to chat around any project, however, the notifications for new messages do not get your attention! You have to be in Asana or email no-stop to realize someone has written you. This makes the conversation/chat element near useless for us. We have to put our messages in Asana (so we can keep all project information in one place) but then notify the associated colleague in What's App that they have a pending and time sensitive message in Asana. This is frustrating! There are a handful of other elements that make this platform less than it could be. When you add a task with a due date and due time, you will not receive an overt chime or pop-up notification at the due time. Again, you must be constantly checking email or Asana... very inefficient with numerous projects going at once and for employees with lots of emails coming in throughout the day. Additionally, you cannot designate a default "assign to" person for a particular task/project list. These issues have been brought up by many Asana users and even after lots of time passing, there has not been real resolution to these frustrating elements.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Brad M.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2016

"Massive learning curve; inconsistent concepts"

Comments: A lot of asana is neat. But I have so many pain points. To illustrate this, look how many help videos you have. I don't think a product like this should require someone to sit down and watch 15 videos.
Difficult to grasp. I've had collaborators I've invited in persevere with it then tell me "I'm sorry, I hate asana". Eg the 'inbox'. They can see parts of a conversation, so it looks just like the task's own thread except all their own contributions are missing. Suggest you make the inbox view much leaner. Eg2 conversations. With the various people I've worked with it's been more confusion, at least initially
I'm still not clear on who sees what and who gets notified of what when there are teams and people direct on projects. And having to assign someone to a project after removing them, so that I can unprovision them? That was awkward When I went to a billed plan, my scheduled webex/gotomeeting session was a no show The space distribution of the ui is out. Why when I close the left projects pane does the list view (left) pane take up more than half the width of the screen, leaving not much for the actual details?? My main screen is Mac laptop, 1280x800 but it's the same on 1920x1080 where the list pane should be much narrower than the detail The tool gears itself to power users by requiring memorising hot keys for formatting, no buttons for new users. In itself this is ok, but then it's too basic because it doesn't support hyperlinks. Hyperlinks. Like from the 1990's. Just put in markdown support please
Because of the formatting limits the knowledge base I want to set up is crippled. We're used to Confluence in the past and am poised to move that content over to Confluence
If I have a task nested 2 tasks deep, I have to move it to the project, then back down into the other parent I want it in. How about a copy dock somewhere I can put it while I'm moving or something? Do folk get notified of new task when I move a task to project level? Where's my 'recently viewed' list? Navigating and searching are sloow, maybe not in a SF office, but elsewhere. I'd like quick view drop down of stuff I've viewed lately and favorited tasks Sorry to bitch about this. It has nice features. To be honest probably part of our problem is we're not all fulltime on this, so the learning curve for them takes longer to overcome. But getting externals to jump in and do certain bits is useful for us, so as it is now, if I was starting over, I wouldn't use asana

• Reviewed on 04/11/2016
Chris G.
Director of Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2020

"One of the Best Project Management Software Out There..."

Comments: We use this product to help manage all of our scheduling for promotional/marketing needs as well as the many one-off projects we frequently do.

Pros: I like the ease of use in assigning people tasks and the ability to quickly add times, details, files and tags.

Cons: I really wish this was more affordable to non-profits. I would love it if our entire organization could use it, but instead, we can only afford to have two departments use this product. Would it be possible to have a reader view so that people without seats can take a look at the calendar and task lists?

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Project and monday.com

Switched From: Microsoft Project and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Great visuals and Asana had lots of integrations.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2020
Nikki L.
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2020

"Asana is exactly what you need!"

Comments: Asana has been the answer I needed for project management tools. So many are too complicated and some are too simple for our team's needs. Asana is the happy medium as you can make it as simple or in-depth as you need it to be. It's easy to add your team, create different projects and add tasks. I love that you get email reminders and updates as things are complete (in case I forget to sign in and check). Loving this tool a lot!

Pros: I've tried a few other project management tools and they are either way too complicated, too simple or have limitations that make it not as user friendly. Asana is the simple answer to all of that. You can use it for basic needs all the way up to more complicated project management - it can handle it all. I love how the interface is set up - very user friendly and easy to use.

Cons: I don't like that it auto-loads your project view - I'd prefer it stayed as the previous setting. Perhaps there is a way to set it that I haven't tried though. Aside from that, haven't encountered anything that I don't like.

Alternatives Considered: Slack and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana: I loved using Trello, but found it too simple for our needs once our projects got more intricate.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: I'd heard the most favourable recommendations from friends and members of our team who had used it. Slack I had used, and while it was okay, it didn't meet our needs.

• Reviewed on 06/10/2020
Audrey M.
Owner/operator
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2021

"LOVE this program!"

Comments: It helps me keep track of all my tasks! Out of all the task management programs I tested this is the one I picked and use to stay focused and organized.

Pros: It helps me keep track of all my tasks! It allows me and teammates to add and check off task as we work together, and also leave comments and attach documents as needed. Goodbye needless emails!

Cons: Sometimes someone else can check off my task by accident, I'm afraid one day I might not catch the mistake and a task will be missed. It hasn't happened yet.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing Asana: I found it didn't keep me engaged. It's still on my phone just like Microsoft's To Do and I still have old tasks sitting there in digital limbo.

Switched From: Any.do

Reasons for Switching to Asana: The layout and functionality worked a lot better for me.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2021
Matheus R.
Matheus R.
CTO
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Great tool, a little on the expensive side"

Comments: We are using Asana to track our growth experiments, our sprints, and every task.

Pros: This is simply the best Task tool. We have tried many others. However, the UX, subtasks, task report and all the other features are the best in the market.

Cons: The pricing is really hard, charging 14 USD for each team member is much more than it had to be, we are thinking about moving from Asana just because our team is growing.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist, Trello and Airtable

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Asana: We choose Asana because it was the one with the best UX. Everyone from the team that tried it preferred it over the others.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Leah J.
Leah J.
Senior Data Analyst
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2018

"Excellent project management tool for small to mid-size teams"

Comments: I have used Asana in two separate small companies (advertising agency, startup) and have been happy with its application both times. It elucidates people's workload and progress, and - ideally - helps prevent employee overload. In both instances, I've found that a reliable, consistent application of standard use is absolutely necessary for it to be an effective project management tool (especially absent a designated full-time project manager).

Pros: Asana is highly customizable, which makes it an excellent project management tool for software, website, app, business dev, and creative applications (marketing, copywriting, graphic design, etc). It regularly deploys new, usable features (like kanban boards and gant charts) to track project progress and timeliness. The built-in organization system for creating a taxonomy of projects and sub-projects is useful. Tagging allows high visibility into each user's productivity and process, and helps keep everyone on task. Asana is definitely best for small-mid size teams (say, <50 people at most), or within departments.

Cons: There's a definite learning curve: layouts can be counterintuitive, and the icon system (instead of using text to identify actions within the user-interface) takes time to learn. Additionally, (like any project management platform), an organization-wide process/policy for using Asana is necessary for it to be effective. It's also important - of course - to ensure everyone consistently uses Asana for tracking, so that project information and progress is aggregated in one place.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2018
Aram Z.
Aram Z.
CTO
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"Great for operations"

Comments: Overall, Asana is a great tool and has served the team really well. Repeating tasks, great mobile app, and overall simplicity have been a win. I do see that we are moving more towards tools like Notion that allow for more unstructured data and really robust description areas. That said, we still use Asana to manage the majority of repeat tasks as well as very well defined, 1 step tasks.

Pros: I love the mobile app, it's been really easy to get down quick tasks through the day. The simple list structure allows for rapid planning. Then leveraging the same list to create sections is great.

Cons: I feel limited to how I can filter and sort tasks from the team. The description section feels weak compared to tools like Notion.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana: Basecamp just felt like it was getting a lot of hate as well as having a long history with it, we wanted to try something new. We also liked the simplicity of Asana. Monday looks promising, but the lack of simple repeating tasks like Asana is a deal breaker for us.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Ariel L.
Ariel L.
Consultant
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2021

"One of the most robust project management software"

Comments: I'm a consultant and work with multiple projects/clients. Having separate workspaces/teams help streamline everything. It also allows for collaboration within my team and my clients. Getting started was difficult, but that's expected for any software. But once you get over that hump, everything just clicks.

Pros: What I like the most about asana is that it covers the basics of project management while thinking of collaboration. I started using Asana in the early days (est 2012) and have been using it on and off. Lately, i find myself coming back because it's one of the more complete ones that's also flexible and easy to learn.

Cons: What I like least about Asana is their decision to put the latest features behind a paywall. While it makes sense as a business, i think the best way to go is offer the full feature set for free, but lower the number of users. Right now, free tiers can work collaboratively up to 15 per workspace. But that can be lowered in exchange for a full feature set.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Notion, Trello and monday.com