About Teamwork

Teamwork is the only platform built for scaling client work.

Learn more about Teamwork

Pros:

Integration with other apps / software. Ease of use for team members.

Cons:

The CRM is pretty bad at the moment. Needs quite a bit of work.

Teamwork ratings

4.3
4.5
4.3
4.4

8.6/10

Teamwork has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 728 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Teamwork before?

Josh
Josh
Manager of Web Communications and Online Marketing in US
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees

My FAVORITE task management system - all the features with all of the simplicity

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I've used Teamwork daily for about 5 years now and it's hands-down my favorite task management platform I've ever used. Wrike, Trello, Basecamp, Asana are all second in my mind to Teamwork. Teamwork has all the features of those other platforms, but also allows you to customize it's behavior on a project by project basis to fit the needs of the work and those working on it. Kanban boards, automations, integrations with the third-party tools - Teamwork has it all. Also it's an Irish company and should you ever have an issue, you may get the opportunity to talk to a delightful person with an awesome Irish accent - win win.

Cons:

They have steadily increased the price of their offerings, so that what was once a significant bargain compared to other platforms, it's now merely on-level with many of the other project management systems out there.

Calin
Owner in Romania
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Very good project management SAAS for agencies and service providers

Comments: Very good platform for project management. I use it for more than 8 years. I used it in a marketing agency and now I use it for a e-learning /training & consulting business.

Pros:

I like the time tracking and the fact that I can easily set new tasks, follow the task implementation, have meetings based on everything set on the platform.

Cons:

I still use other tools of simple to-do lists, but for real project management I have everything covered with this platform. I think that maybe more reporting options could be useful.

Alternatives Considered: Trello, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Teamwork is very good at time tracking, following tasks implementation, and project management.

Jewel
Self-Employed in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

A very underrated project management system

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I was first introduced to Teamwork at my job and it was definitely new, but as time went by, it became easier to use and navigate for managing all the projects for my team.

Cons:

Because of certain features, such as fade-in transitions when hovering over, it takes a bit more time to assign dates to tasks, as well as assigning dates where it won't include all the subtasks, even though the selection to include subtasks was selected.

Tom
CRM Specialist in UK

Good software for project management

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Very good tool for project and single tasks, with very good reporting and commenting capabilities

Cons:

Some of the reports could be complex to set up when I used it, but that could be my lack of training!

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Teamwork improves project and task management

Comments: Our group is more efficient, task-oriented, and collaborative when we work together as a team. It's ideal for companies with a large workforce. As a result of its ease of use and adaptability, it's ideal for usage by a wide range of organizations. It's great that we can contact with the vendor via Outlook and the tool keeps track of what we say. On top of that, we've got all of the project files saved on the server.

Pros:

This software's user interface is well-designed and simple to operate. Reports, calendars, and Gantt charts may all be created. This program allows us to work with a variety of file types. All members of the team will be able to more readily communicate with each other thanks to this program.

Cons:

I have seen better user interfaces in other products, but this one falls short. While getting acclimated to the UI takes some time, managing and controlling project activities becomes much simpler once you have.

Account Director in US

Teamwork project management is great for large teams

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall I've had a good experience with teamwork. No project management system is perfect but this one is one of the best I've used.

Pros:

I like the ease of use, ability to plan projects months ahead of time, calculate workload and track milestones easily.

Cons:

It can be a bit overwhelming when you have tons of tasks assigned to you from multiple projects. It can get a bit clunky and I've had issues where it didn't work for me and my task tracking wasn't input correctly.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Victoria
Victoria
Content Creator in Zimbabwe

Great for Task Management

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

First things first; you have the opportunity to use the free version of Teamwork. Although you get limited features, you still get to complete basic tasks. Secondly, the software automatically generates timelines for you as soon as you create a project. That means you get to see all the activities and deadlines, which are all generated automatically. On top of that, this collaboration tool sends you automated notifications. All you have to do is set your key activities and set permissions. Lastly, Teamwork is very fast and provides end-to-end security. Also, it works seamlessly on all devices.

Cons:

Email support could improve. Other than that, everything works perfectly.

Bernado
Bernado
Construction Engineer in Australia
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Teamwork Insight

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Project portfolio management.

Pros:

With Teamwork, it is easy to schedule and plan projects.

Cons:

I have no aspect that I do not like about Teamwork at the moment.

Pamala
Customer Success Manager in US
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees

Teamwork Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Great tool for managing multiple projects and seeing all projects at once

Pros:

The ease of use and how to fund and manage project

Cons:

Additional clicks in each project and back button

Piyush
Solutions Design Engineer in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees

Best product

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Ease of use, real time tracking of projects and scalable

Cons:

Performance is sometimes sluggish but overall great product

ERP Practice Director in Canada

Great project Management software!

Comments: Very happy with the overall experience, have been seeing the software get better and better over last couple years.

Pros:

Tracking tasks on projects are top of the line with this software. Reporting and additional features are constantly improving but much better than Microsoft Projects or Smartsheet.

Cons:

Reporting features and Gantt charts/tasks both showing at the same time can use improving.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Microsoft Project and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: Teamwork is better, better functionality on project management

Switched From: Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Better project mgmt, better task tracking, better time management

2 years ago

Hello, Thank you very much for this amazing feedback, we really appreciate it! We are glad to see a 10/10 recommendation - our product team will be thrilled with this. Thank you for letting us know about the reporting features and Gantt chart issues. Could you send us an email at [email protected] so we can learn more about this and see if there is something we can do to help? Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Bassam
Bassam
Management Consultant in Egypt
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use, full of great features, budget Project Management Software

Comments: I have been using TeamWork for 6 years now, I am very happy with it, and new useful features are always being added, making the tool more and more helpful and efficient...

Pros:

TeamWork Projects is an easy to use software, full of features to collaborate and manage projects. Notifications and customizations are very helpful. The ability to add users from different companies to collaborate in a project is amazing, and for me, it is an edge over other similar PM tools. The extended family of teamWork products also added great benefits. Integration with other software is also a big plus. And finally, the price for the subscription is very reasonable and the value for the money is on the upper hand...

Cons:

The options to export the data or migrate data are a bit limited. Other than that, all features a project manager would need are present, being added or improved constantly...

2 years ago

Hey Bassam, Thank you for your review of Teamwork. It's great to hear that you are enjoying Teamwork and the extended family of Teamwork products! We are delighted that Teamwork has had a positive impact on your consultancy's collaboration. Our team is constantly working to ensure that our product enables users to collaborate seamlessly. We understand you note on data exportation. It would be great if you could email us at [email protected], so we can try resolve this issue for you. Have a nice day, Karen at Teamwork

Gustavo
President in Belize
Printing, 51-200 Employees

Belize Signs Ltd Teamwork review

Comments: We try several project management systems and we ended using Teamwork.
We had been using Teamwork for more than 4 years and definitely it has been an extraordinary tool to improve our business, I don't think we would be able to do it without the Teamwork

Pros:

I like the way you can customize your projects, it can be done very clearly and fast, also the ability to set your privacy and the way you can organize the communication between the people involved in the project, this software is really amazing once you have set your system, another good feature is that you can start with a very simple project and use it as a template optimizing it adding more to it during the process of the same project

Cons:

only a few details when posting from mobiles, sometimes little details doesn't work when posting some kind of files from mobiles

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Huge difference between the 2 companies, I found good support from Teamwork vs none from Basecamp, also the tools I use from Teamwork are better than the ones I tried from Basecamp

2 years ago

Hi Gustavo, Thanks for your great review of Teamwork. Our support team are an amazing bunch - please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected], if you are experiencing issues with the mobile app. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Tyler
VP of Operations in US

A Cost Effective, Easy-to-use Task Master

Comments: Teamwork has been a great choice for our team that allowed us to effectively manage a diverse workload and do so for a very reasonable cost. Teamwork has committed to adding useful features over time and the team at Teamwork has been a joy to work with. From the sales team to technical support, the responsiveness and dedication from the crew at Teamwork has been fantastic.

Pros:

If you need budget-friendly software to set up, track and manage custom projects and task lists to keep your team organized, Teamwork can be a great fit. It's super easy to use and requires minimal training for a team to get started. The software is not trying to be everything for everyone which makes it highly intuitive and great at capturing the essentials for managing projects.

Cons:

If your primary goal for project management software is robust project profitability tracking/reporting, Teamwork may not be for you. Recent feature additions for resource management provide some insights on capacity, but it does not provide the comprehensive reporting and analysis that other products provide.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Wrike and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: Cost

Switched From: Kantata

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Cost and feature fit

2 years ago

Hi Tyler, Thanks for the great review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it! I've noted your feedback on our resource management feature and will pass this onto the team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Tim
Senior Designer in US

Simply the best

Comments: Overall, Teamwork has completely changed the way our agency does project management. Collaboration, transparency and efficiency are all up and it's all thanks to Teamwork. Their Support staff is excellent and the software is wonderful.

Pros:

Easy to use interface Many integrations available Reliable

Cons:

File storage runs out quickly Many features we simply do not use

Alternatives Considered: Redbooth and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: Antiquated and outdated. Needed something more modern and robust

Switched From: TaskRay

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Better price, more features.

2 years ago

Hi Tim, Thanks for your review of Teamwork. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the integration aspect our product. I've noted your issues with file storage and will pass this onto the developer team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Lisa
Business Coordinator in US
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Some great features for Time tracking, including dependent tasks and filter views

Pros:

We love that our team tasks can have dependencies. Task 2 can not be started before task 1 if you choose to set up tasks with them dependent on others. We all get several hundred emails each week. The dependent task feature has reduced our need to email each other by 20%.

Cons:

The set up instructions say how to use features but don't tell the reader why they would be helpful to use. We've been using the software for more than 6 months and we can't find a reason to use a handful of the features they highlight the most. When we've contacted support they were able to tell us how to use the features, but like the instructions they could not tell us what we might use them for.

Alternatives Considered: Microsoft Teams, monday.com, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: We wanted to have Gnatt charts and dependent tasks.

Switched From: Nozbe

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Monday seemed to have so many options it was too complicated to determine how to set it up. Staff members didn't like the time tracking location in Wrike. The others were lacking features that were important to us.

2 years ago

Hi Lisa, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted to hear you are enjoying our task management feature! I've taken your comments about the instructions onboard and will pass them onto the team! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Dmitri
General Manager in US

Teamwork is a daily too in our organization

Comments: Great! We use it daily. We killed email communication pertaining to project work completely. Nobody is allowed to communicate requests for work in email. The workflow is to create a task in the correct project in Teamwork. If the output to be checked - it is a task in Teamwork, etc.

Pros:

Ease of use, Flexibility, ability to have unlimited users for the same license fee. Timetracking aspects of it.

Cons:

Inability to import project file (XML or alike). I.e., to use project management software and upload the project to create tasks and subtasks with assignments and dates.However, the other benefits outweigh this aspect.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Microsoft Project and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: It wasn't catering for all our needs. By now (from 2016), I don't even remember.

Switched From: Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: It catered to our needs, and the ability to export, including the whole database. We are a business intelligence consulting firm, and we do business intelligence on our teamwork data as well.

2 years ago

Hello Dmitri, Thanks for your review - it's great to see a 10/10 rating! I'll make sure to pass your suggestions for project files onto the team - they are continuously looking for ways to update our product! Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Owner in US

Teamwork makes the Dream Work

Comments: Every once in a while you discover a product or service that changes everything you do at your company. Teamwork was that product for us. Teamwork took us from a struggling agency that didn't understand its investment of time in our project work and that had no processes to speak of to a company that runs like clockwork.
We couldn't be the company we are without it.

Pros:

Integration with other apps / software Ease of use for team members Ease of use for customers Integration with email clients Integration with browsers The mobile experience is top notch Cost effectiveness Time tracking for team members Integrations with Dropbox and Google Drive

Cons:

Some minor limitations on template designs for projects but there are always work-arounds.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: Basecamp 2 had limitations and had a confusing interface for both our team members and our customers.

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: The software was a better fit for us.

2 years ago

Hi Michael, Our team will be delighted with this feedback and a 10/10 rating! Don't forget, we are always available at [email protected] if you need anything or wish to submit a feature request! Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

James
Director in UK

Review of teamwork

Comments: Overall, it's a great product. Once all the creases are ironed out, it is probably the best on the market for the price.

Pros:

There are a couple of great things about this software. The first are the free collaborator & client accounts. Having these allows us to work with companies with many employees, without having to change them more for more users. This feature allows us to collaborate a lot quicker than on email with our clients and achieve greater results. The other is the time tracking. With the ability to estimate and track time, we can easily plan our weeks ahead & see what projects we can fit in and when.

Cons:

There are still a few features that aren't working as well as they should do. The workload piece is quite buggy, and has caused us several issues overloading work in a particular week when there isn't enough time. Having mentioned this, we were told not enough people have brought this to their attention so they won't be fixing this...it also takes a long time sometimes to hear back.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: Teamwork offered a lot more features that were better for us to work more efficiently.

Switched From: Hive

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: It was more cost effective and seems more fit for a marketing agency's needs.

2 years ago

Hi James, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it. I'm sorry to hear you about the issues you have been experiencing - could you contact us at [email protected] to look into this? Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Nicci
Project and Quality Manager in UK

Teamwork Support

Comments: We've been able to make far better business decisions now that we have Teamwork. We can see how long it takes to deliver work, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, whether our clients are profitable, our staff are working within a reasonable level of capacity. The amount of visibility we have over project health now is greater than ever before.

Pros:

What I love about Teamwork is how easy it is to use and navigate. Training new members of staff on the system is really quick and easy as the system is so user friendly. The tasks are easy to find, easy to interact with, deadlines and priorities really clear, which makes it so much easier to manage from a project management perspective.

Cons:

We do struggle to get reports out of the system in an automated or less manual way, particularly the billing side of the system. We're working on a way to integrate Teamwork with Data Studio so that live information is available quickly and simply for us, but it is taking us a lot of time.

Alternatives Considered: Kantata and ProWorkflow

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: We struggled to have visibility of deadlines and task requirements, and had almost no visibility of capacity in order to resource accurately.

Switched From: WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: We had a long list of requirements that we needed from a PM system, and ultimately Teamwork out performed the other systems and was priced far more reasonably.

2 years ago

Hi Nicci, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we love to see a 10/10 rating! If you need further assistance with reporting, our support team are available to help at [email protected] Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Sara Olive
Sara Olive
Project Manager in US

Working Well for our Project-Based Company

Comments: The overall experience has been pretty positive, with most team members adapting quickly to Teamwork. There has been a slight learning curve, since we were going from a very basic system in Trello to this more fully-featured tool.

Pros:

The best part about teamwork is the birds-eye-view that it gives employees and managers over everything that is going on within the company. We really appreciate having our time tracking system tied directly to the tasks within a project because it makes it much easier to log time and to see how much time was spent on each area of the project.

Cons:

We have not yet developed a clear process, and Teamwork doesn't seem to have one built in, to account for tasks that are waiting on outside input such as a client approval. Most of our clients are not using our Teamwork software, so when we are waiting on a review there is not a great way within the software to distinguish that apart from a task that is actually late.

Alternatives Considered: Kantata, ActiveCollab, Zoho Desk, monday.com, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: We needed integrated time tracking and better control over a large number of simultaneous projects.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Integration with quickbooks, time tracking, the ability to create templates and recurring tasks, reporting features

2 years ago

Hi Sara Olive, Thanks for your review of Teamwork! It's great to see Teamwork has helped with your task and time management. I've passed your comment onto the support team to look into these issues further. Kind regards, Karen at Teamwork

Yoana
Owner in US

I like it overall, but it feels a bit dated

Comments: Teamwork is our project/clients headquarters. We keep all of our logins, tasks, and team communications in there and so far it's been a good solution for us and keeping all of our clients project specific material seperated. The daily e-mail reminders and task notifications keep our team running smoothly and aware of what's outstanding or coming up.

Pros:

We've been using Teamwork as our project management tool for years. For my client's needs, it's a pretty great PM tool. It's easy for us to add new projects, create a Logins notebook and then add any tasks that need to be completed, assign to the person that needs to do it and attach any details such as date due and how long they have to complete it. I'm also able to add "saved" tasks lists so I don't need to re-enter my recurring tasks every time. It's easy to add and remove team members as well as clients. Lately they've updated the Dashboard when you first login so it has this cool tab called "My Work" that shows me what's due on my list only (not the entire teams) and what's coming up (and also what's overdue if I didn't complete something). This is a quick way for me to see what's on my plate. I love the fact that it archives projects, we refer to old projects frequenlty as the client needs additional work or an updated design, etc... and the new file sharing options are super helpful so we don't need to export a client file anymore and send it via e-mail, we can just send them the link. It also has a great file version feature, so we can see previous iterations and keep them all together

Cons:

The interface is now cluttered and clunky. It's not as sleek and clean as say Basecamp in its simplicity. I don't ever use any of the reporting features because they just don't make any sense and in my opinion are not easy to implement. It could be I need to take some of their training or something, but haven't had the time. I wish it was a bit easier to create a project template and then update it. Because I have to hunt it down and remember where it is, my templates aren't updated as frequently as I would like. I also wish it provided more user guidance on setting up what I consider advanced features such as Gnatt charts and the new Kanban board interface.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: We needed more features than Basecamp provided at the time.

Switched From: Basecamp

last year

Hi Yoana, Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to hear you are enjoying our new updated personal task feature on our dashboard. We are sorry to hear you've been experiencing some problems with our product - could you email us at [email protected] so we can investigate these further? Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

Project Manager in US
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Great Functionality, Extremely Versatile

Comments: Excellent, we have been able to collaborate more closely and effectively on projects remotely which has been very helpful these past few months with most of oyr staff woring from home.

Pros:

Teamwork.com has far more features than previous project management software we have tried. The GANTT chart function is superb and we have also been able to maintain easily searchable research archives for several ongoing project. Teamwork also allows us to invite partners from outside our team to view projects which had been an issue with previous softwares we tried.

Cons:

Setting up and inviting new users to collaborate on projects has proved to be a little confusing at times but once they are set up everything works smoothly.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork: Teamwork had more functionality than Asana and Asana had poor customer service.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork: Functionality and price, teamwork.com was by far the best option.

last year

Hi there, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted you are enjoying our product''s features and versatility! If you ever need any assistance with setting up users, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] so we can help you with this. Many thanks, Karen at Teamwork

COO in US
Online Media, 2-10 Employees

Teamwork Helps with Project Management and Keep Us on Track

Comments: Overall the product is great! It integrates with our time software where we invoice our clients pretty seamlessly. The setup does take a while but once you have everything setup correctly you can easily manage the time of each of your employees and each project. It is great to keep everything all in one place for each and every project.

Pros:

I like the fact that each project has so many ways to add information to each account. There is an overview tab where you can see the overall health of the project from one screen, and tabs where you can add Tasks, Milestones, Messages, Files, Notes, Links and even Comments for each project in the system.

Cons:

It takes a very long time to get everything setup. There is so much to learn about the setup of the product and the free trial is not long enough to set up everything correctly from start to finish.

2 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your review of Teamwork. Our product team will be delighted to hear the feedback - 5 stars all round! On-boarding issues? We have this covered! We just released on-boarding templates so now we have a sample project within the trial setup, based on what works best for your business. If you should ever need assistance, our Super Support team are on hand 24/7 for any and all issues! You can catch them at [email protected] :) Have a nice day, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Chamath
Chamath
Chief Technology Officer in Sri Lanka

Super data management of projects and software

Comments: My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Teamwork Projects is very well suited for any size or kind of project.

Pros:

When it comes to the pros and cons of the Teamwork, there are many points to think about. All the likeness towards a program depends on the work they do. And how people like it. Teamwork is just like the 'teamwork' we have between ourselves. People have a very positive and pleasant impression of Teamwork projects. That's because of they have the optimum freedom they need to have when choosing the software for maintaining their work. Yet, some consider it as standard software for managing projects. Something ordinary. So, the Teamwork is always working on creating this experience well. Not just good, even better! Accordingly, the pros and cons of the Teamwork will be this software is really flexible, and the user can add an OKR system. It is for the process to work for the company. There is the option to insert subtasks, implement time estimators, setting mileposts, and implement percentages on the completion of tasks. There is even 'Everything' view to display what is the work on you.

Cons:

Yet, people have trouble with commenting in too many places. Sometimes they even lose comments. Still not a big issue since you have the email. But, they also lose them inside the Teamwork system itself. Yet, for extra trouble, there are trainees or permanent employees with proper training. You will need someone to teach you about the features and the other things on this Teamwork option.

last year

Hi Chamath, Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Teamwork - we really appreciate it. It's great to see a big list of 'Pros' - that's what we like to see! We are delighted that you're having a positive experience with Teamwork. I've noted your issues with misplacing comments and will pass this onto the support team to look into this further. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork