15 years helping British businesses

About Teamwork.com

Teamwork.com is the only platform built for scaling client work. The best balance of functionality, price, and ease of use.

Learn more about Teamwork.com

Pros:

Integration with other apps / software. Ease of use for team members.

Cons:

The CRM is pretty bad at the moment. Needs quite a bit of work.

Teamwork.com ratings

4.3
4.4
4.3
4.4

8.5/10

Teamwork.com has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 862 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Teamwork.com before?

Paul B
Paul B
Chief Online Strategitst in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Teamwork is great software for tracking Projects!

Comments: I have had a great overall experience with Teamwork. It is an incredibly versatile and user-friendly software that has helped our team be more organized and productive. The ability to assign tasks, collaborate on projects, and track progress has been a huge help for our team. I would definitely recommend this software to anyone looking for an effective way to manage projects and tasks. Overall, Teamwork is an awesome software that I would highly recommend!

Pros:

1. The ability to assign tasks and track progress is a great feature.2. The interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.3. The pricing is very affordable compared to other project management software.

Cons:

The pricing started to get more expensive when we needed to add additional team members to the plan.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com: The affordability and easability of using the software.

Irene
Irene
Owner Founder in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Quite Good

Comments: Overall we still really like this software as we tried monday.com for iur team and it was a really bad fit for ourselves and our clients so we went back to teamwork.

Pros:

I like that you can have long task descriptions (unlike monday.com) and the commenting layout is very easy to read and follow (unlike monday).

Cons:

I'm not crazy about the bew modern look and layout, it's difficult to view a task in full screen mode which is really needed because in our compqny we write very long task descriptions. And also the My Tasks view used to be better wherr I could see my tasks chronologically without the separators of "past due" "this week" etc. I used to just only see tasks within the next fee days instead of having to see all tasks assigned to me and after their updates that changed.

Genshakah
Chief Executive Director in US
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Fantastic Collaborations With Teamwork.com

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Am performing well since I joined this profitable platform.

Pros:

The ability of tools and the multiple features. It is an all in one platform.

Cons:

Am glad to have joined this platform because it is taking me far and it has nothing that is least.

Jim
Chief Innovation Officer in US
Higher Education, 11–50 Employees

Great people & lots of useful features but clunky to navigate and missing some critical pieces

Comments: Good people and great support. Good value for the $ -- that's why we're using it. Lot's of useful features but hard to find them. UI is very clunky/difficult to navigate, especially when you have a large number of projects. Need to slim down, improve the UI. That's our biggest gripe. Need more development on the "meta" side -- across all projects/teams. That's what makes it so hard for us to navigate. It's really more geared to the project rather than the "enterprise" level, but how many groups that need software like this have fewer than 10 projects? Probably not many. So, further development of the site with the "meta" perspective in mind should be a priority. Also would be good to be able to generate timesheets that integrate salary/pay rate by person/project (you already have that info, it just doesn't do the math, creating the need for work arounds). Comments are troublesome -- it's convenient to use the comment function because often communications are driven by the needs of a given task. But then, when you mark the task as completed, the comments (and associated attachments) disappear too. I know there are other ways to get to them, but it's clunky. Messages don't feel like the answer, because then you lose the task context. I think you could do a comment board per project, separated/demarcated by task list or task, and get rid of messages (or, make messages enterprise wide) Finally, I'm not finding the "integrations" all that...well...integrative! I'm not really getting the advantage of the Dropbox integration and the Freshbooks integration is so limited as to not be very valuable. Lest I come across as disgruntled, let me emphasize that we like the product and the people running it. We want to stay and grow with you. We switched to you from Asana and there's no comparison in terms of features and ability to manage a large number of people and projects. Thanks

Pros:

see review

Cons:

see review

7 years ago

Hi Jim, Thanks for your review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that you're happy you made the switch to Teamwork Projects from Asana. Regarding improving the UI - as you can see from our roadmap https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap, a nicer dashboard is next on our priority list, so you should see some improvements to that really soon. I'll pass on all your feedback to our team here for their consideration. Thanks for passing it on to us. Best regards, Therese

Christopher
SEO Manager in UK

Comprehensive project management tool

Comments: Overall a great tool, steep learning curve to start, but great once you get going.

Pros:

I really like the timer function on project tracking, you can start a timer as you begin work, if you need to take a break stop the timer and start again when work is resumed. You can easily keep timings accurate.

Cons:

It can be quite overwhelming to start with, there are a lot of functions and not many are sign posted with information on what they are.

Nathalie
Project Lead in Australia
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great system for project management

Comments: We've reviewed just about all the systems on the market and found Teamwork to be the best one for what we need. We love using it and can recommend it for anyone in software or web development to manage their projects.

Pros:

Teamwork is easy to use, and has all the features we require available within our plan. The plans are really good (no need to upgrade for every little thing). We love the ability to easily organise, time-track and manage our projects, and the integrated chat app as well.

Cons:

it'd be great if there was an option to make the board view the default instead of the list, it can be challenging to make the board view work efficiently

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Trello, Basecamp and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com: Asana didn't offer the tools we needed (one big factor was the ability to time-track and view time logs on tickets).

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com: Teamwork offered all the features we needed

Senior Public Relations and Communications Officer in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

My Experience with Teamwork.com in a Filled Survey

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

I like that Teamwork.com not only offers PM and TM tools but also has resource planning and management capabilities.

Cons:

Teamwork.com accomplish all my daily PPM tools without complications.

Photography, 2–10 Employees

Great task and project management tool, lots of integrations makes cross system collab easy

Pros:

Teamwork's project management capabilities are super easy to use, even a first time user can quickly figure out how to start using it. The UI is thoughtfully laid out and easy to setup. I love that I can integrate directly into our Google cloud features so we can easily link and update documents and sheets. Being able to track project and task schedules on my calendar is super helpful.

Cons:

If not setup and managed thoughtfully it can get messy fast. It takes someone being considerate about how things are being structured and which extensions are being used configured in order to get a smooth experience.

Oluchi
Fulfillment Pharmacist in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51–200 Employees

Teamwork.com Reviewed by Pharmacist

5.0 last month New

Pros:

With Teamwork.com, it is easy to create and assign tasks.

Cons:

I have not yet encountered any issue so far with Teamwork.com.

Catania
Sales Manager in US
Retail, 11–50 Employees

My Experience With Teamwork.com

5.0 last month New

Pros:

It makes task management and has been smooth as workflow management solution

Cons:

Not a big issue to list here. It is amazing.

Katie
Digital Services Director in US

At TImes Complicated, But a Powerful Project Management Software

Comments: Teamwork is a poweful project management software that really means business. It can take a little getting used to, but once you have it mastered, it's great. Being able to connect to Google Drive is helpful for sharing documents. Additionally, the desktop app is amazingly functional, which is rare with software.

Pros:

The organization of data, being able to collaborate, implemented chat/ticket submission, Google Drive integration.

Cons:

Sometimes, this software can seem complicated to use. This is nothing a little bit of training and consistent use can't help, but worth noting.

Alternatives Considered: Insightly, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Basecamp, monday.com and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com: We were looking for less spreadsheet and more project management with integrated chat so that we can effectively manage projects.

Switched From: Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com: The cost, functionality, features, and ability to integrate chat into projects.

5 years ago

Hey there Katie, Thanks for getting in touch and leaving us some feedback on Teamwork Projects! It was great to hear that we have helped you with organisation and collaboration - that seems to be a #win for both you and us here at Teamwork. Leaving curves aren't always nice or easy, however, we have put a number of resources into this to help with the process. Our webinars are run daily, alongside multiple on-demand webinars, which will help with any on-boarding and initial learning of the software. In addition to this, our support team are available 24/7 to suit all timezones and work schedules. They can give you demos on the software or answer any feature related questions! Just pop them an email over at [email protected] - they are a fantastic bunch, I promise! Many thanks, Nancy at Teamwork :)

Nicci
Project and Quality Manager in UK

Teamwork Support

Comments: We've been able to make far better business decisions now that we have Teamwork. We can see how long it takes to deliver work, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, whether our clients are profitable, our staff are working within a reasonable level of capacity. The amount of visibility we have over project health now is greater than ever before.

Pros:

What I love about Teamwork is how easy it is to use and navigate. Training new members of staff on the system is really quick and easy as the system is so user friendly. The tasks are easy to find, easy to interact with, deadlines and priorities really clear, which makes it so much easier to manage from a project management perspective.

Cons:

We do struggle to get reports out of the system in an automated or less manual way, particularly the billing side of the system. We're working on a way to integrate Teamwork with Data Studio so that live information is available quickly and simply for us, but it is taking us a lot of time.

Alternatives Considered: Kantata and ProWorkflow

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com: We struggled to have visibility of deadlines and task requirements, and had almost no visibility of capacity in order to resource accurately.

Switched From: WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com: We had a long list of requirements that we needed from a PM system, and ultimately Teamwork out performed the other systems and was priced far more reasonably.

3 years ago

Hi Nicci, Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we love to see a 10/10 rating! If you need further assistance with reporting, our support team are available to help at [email protected]. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

Allison
Project Manager in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Powerful for Larger Teams

Comments: Overall, Teamwork is a feature-rich project management tool with great integrations. It has all of the tools that teams of 5 or more need to successfully collaborate and communicate effectively on projects. Some cool features - such as the Notebook - I've not seen implemented in other project management software. In the past two years, more features have been implemented in Teamwork which keeps it near the top of my favorite project management software.

Pros:

Great for task-driven multiple projects. Task management works great with collapsible lists and details, and unlimited subtasks; these are all great tools for detailing every step of a project that I look for in project management. This software also has the different "views" most project managers (and those they're reporting to) are looking for: Gantt, Kanban, tables and more. Chats, file attachments, task progress and more can be tracked by task, or subtask which can prevent or reduce clutter and confusion as long as the project manager clearly communicates how the software will be used.The Notebook feature is also standout. I've often used it to house detailed research or reference material, that is easily accessible and viewable within a specific project. I've used the Notebook feature for how-to video libraries, product comparisons, and for real time collaboration.The time/ expense tracking and exporting to other formats (spreadsheets, PDFs) as well as billing software is flexible and easy. The time trackers are intelligently placed on each task or subtasks and can be used to pull detail into reports and invoices.

Cons:

Implementing a Kanban board from an existing project task list can be confusing and some tasks can be missed in the process.At one time, Teamwork was near the top of my project management software list. However, substantial changes to pricing plans clearly indicate the company is focused on enterprise level deployment, rather than on smaller teams. The free level provides decent features limited to 1-2 projects, but excludes integrations, such as third party cloud storage. The next level plan has a three seat minimum and is absent some core features and integrations. It's at the "Grow" level that all of the core features and integrations kick-in, along with a 5 seat minimum. We're a team of 3 that grows depending upon the project, but we couldn't rationalize paying the higher prices for 2 extra seats that were only used periodically AND the difference between the monthly and annual charges for these extra seats.One person on our team was decidedly more "visual" than I am and really had a hard time navigating Teamwork, as did a couple of our clients (with client access to view preliminary invoices and sign-off on work). I agree the fonts chosen to indicated headers and subheaders could have stood out more, but I personally didn't see that as an impediment.

Alternatives Considered: Trello, Basecamp and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com: I needed more features at a reduce cost.

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com: Teamwork has flexible time and expense trackers. It also has unlimited collapsible subtasks with the ability chat/message, track progress, attach files to each individual subtask. I also preferred how Teamwork managed various file types; e.g., videos play within the app.

Vernessa
Vernessa
Freelance Writer in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer

Comments: Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo. The interface is pretty, with soothing colors. The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard. And then there's this: Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Pros:

Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future. TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers. TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos. There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients. This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Cons:

TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps. Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON. Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

5 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for the review of Teamwork Projects. Kind regards, Nancy at Teamwork.

Tigran
Tigran
Digital Marketing Specialist in Armenia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Perfect for Managing and Keeping Track of Work

Comments: My overall experience was very positive with Teamwork Projects. Every time I have the freedom to choose ​software for managing my work I choose Teamwork.

Pros:

Teamwork is the all-in-one software for managing projects. I've used Projects in several workplaces and was very pleased in all cases. It offers all the essential task tracking features and also has a ​Trello-like board view. The built-in time tracker was especially useful to keep track of the time spent on each task. Teamwork even offers a client for the timer that can stay above all your windows so that you don't forget starting or stopping the timer.

Cons:

The only con for Teamwork Projects is that it can be hard to navigate around at first. While the UI is perfectly easy-to-use, the existence of many features makes getting lost in the UI very easy when you're new to it. To some people, the UI is intimidating at first glance. Convincing those people to get on board was the challenging part of making the software a default project management tool in the company.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist, Trello and Wrike

5 years ago

Hi Tigran, Thanks for your review of Teamwork Projects! I'm glad to hear that you found the software pleasing and useful! Onboarding and UI intimidation issues - got ya! I've just spoken with our Projects Product Manager, Mossy, and he wants to hear more from you! We are currently working on making this experience better, and would love if you could help! Would you mind emailing in to [email protected] with the subject header of 'Re:Capterra Review: Onboarding feedback' and I'll pick it up from there. Overall, we are delighted that you chose Teamwork over all others! If you ever have any issues, or want to share some #TeamworkLove, reach out to us via [email protected]! Our support team are insanely talented... or so they tell me anyway!! Looking forward to hearing from you! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Adam
Adam
Owner in US

We tried everything - And love Teamwork Projects

Comments: We tried literally everything we could find in the market place for Project management software. We switched from Basecamp originally and the big push for us was the TimeTracking with tasks that could be brought into invoices. I know Freshbooks has that feature too, but freshbooks doesn't have project management in the way that we needed that total collaboration environment. We looked at Monday.com too recently but since we have full buy-in on Teamwork I don't think we are in a place to switch and a lot of the features and pricing just don't make sense. That is where I think Teamwork has really cornered the niche well in terms of pricing and features.

Pros:

Gantt charts Tasks Task Creation Inviting Clients into the space TIME TRACKING!

Cons:

User interface was updated but could be better, especially when compared to Monday.com

5 years ago

Hey Adam, Thank you for your wonderful review of Teamwork Projects! Five stars and a 10/10?! All our Monday morning dreams are coming true! We are delighted that you are enjoying the software, and that it has filled that gap in your Marketing Stack! We also love the time tracking features, it was an important one for us to get right - we are glad that you agree! Another great thing about Teamwork is our support team - should anything ever come up in your use of the software! They are coffee fuelled problem solvers - what a fantastic combination! You'll find them over at [email protected]. Have a great day! Nancy at Teamwork :)

Joe
Principal in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Great software use it all the time

Comments: Hi Teamwork Team, We have been using Teamwork PM for a while now and found in general it works fairly well for what we do. We are a consulting engineering company doing projects that range from a few thousand to a few million dollars. Right now we have eight employees but have had as high as 11. We often have lots of projects in various stages and we have clients for which we operate on an "on-call" basis. For example, right now we have 48 open projects. Obviously, with eight employees we can't be working on all of them at the same time and several are clients for which we have an "on-call" contract with so we keep at task list called "on-call" open with those clients. It helps to keep some visibility for all the clients we have active. One of our biggest frustrations with clients is and TeamworkPM is we can't suspend a group of tasks or a task list and then have it not show up as a late set of tasks, etc. We often have a client suspend tasks we are working on because they do not have permits ready, are still working on funding, or have to wait for something else they are working on to be completed. We can take the end date out of tasks but then we lose the history of when the task was originally supposed to be completed. The same happens if we simply extend the end date. We have tried putting a label on the tasks that say "suspend" but they still show up as late tasks. It would be really great to be able to suspend a task/task list and then it is essentially frozen and is not reported in late tasks until we unsuspend it. Also, it would be great if we could make the standard notebook default to be "This is just a little change" because we often use the notebooks to record conference call notes during the call. If someone forgets to click, "This is just a little change" then we end up with multiple versions of the notes. It would be great if there were better integration between the GNATT chart in TPM and Microsoft Project. While we are not fans of MS Project, we have clients that want their reports in MSProject. The conversion from TPM to MS Project can take some effort since MS Project is more detailed when dealing with critical path and dependencies. The last issue is how to get employees to really use it and keep it up to date! :-) Maybe an electric shock in their chair! :-) As with any tool, one has to use it for it to be successful. Overall, we like the tool. I will also say the Customer service has been awesome.

Pros:

It is: Relatively easy to use Flexible Makes it easier to manage projects Great value Great customer service

Cons:

No off-line version for when working in an airplane No way to suspend a task or task list

7 years ago

Hi Joe, Thanks so much for the great review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear your positive feedback. Regarding suspended tasks - you can choose to add due dates or not to a tasks. They will always appear to be late if they are not completed before the due date assigned. There is no plan to change this right now. But I'll pass on your suggestion. A work around could be changing due dates and adding comments under the tasks or in their description with the initial dates. You could also add suspended tags to these tasks. This way you'll be able to track all the details on the task. I'll pass on your suggestions about improving the Gantt, Notebook and MSProject integration. Thanks again for your feedback. Kind regards, Therese

Dominic
Digital Media Specialist in US
Construction, 2–10 Employees

One of the best, but still a lot of room for improvement...

Comments: I found Teamwork when the necessity for time tracking, project management and employee/client collaboration was needed at my job. I had already been using a similar system called Paymo at home for my freelance work. So I had an idea of what I needed, and knew Paymo wasn't structured very well for my use. I researched the heck outta these kind of sites, like close to 15 ones, and test drove at least 5 of them with trials. Teamwork wasn't the best, but it was only outdone by others that were ridiculously priced. There are many things I like. The robust functionality of the task lists is probably the most useful. And project organization is nice too. Shortfalls in this area are that project categories are shared across multiple set up companies, not company specific. I don't like how tasks are hidden once completed. And how limited you are on active projects, I'm archiving like crazy, just to save money. I like that the entire system is cleanly designed in a cosmetic sense and for the most part intuitive to learn and use. I also love that it is not user based pricing, being able to add as many users as I want opens up more collaboration with coworkers and clientele. A hard thing to find in these systems are time based reports. Teamwork has great time tracking tools, but kinda falls short in how you can report these. Within the system its just a list with a somewhat useless filter. And exporting this out to a pdf looks plain awful. Customizable, exportable, graphical representations of the time data would make an awesome addition to this system, and would improve and simplify review of time analysis with "less data minded" collaborators and clients. Still, I haven't found one system that really buts much effort into reporting and how it stands in Teamwork is still better than others. All those flaws aside, where Teamwork REALLY drops the ball? Invoicing! No customization, no templates, plain and boring invoicing, and not much can be said for financial tracking or reporting here either. I really hate the financial end of this system all together. Even Paymo did better. So for a single company, looking to only organize and collaborate projects and tasks, to improve speed and efficiency, Teamwork is superb. If you need data analysis and reporting on financials and time invested. You'll need a second system to do that with or one of the way overpriced systems that offer that advanced stuff.

Pros:

Robust functionality of tasks and projects. Clean intuitive design. Collaboration ability and allowance of unlimited users.

Cons:

Time reporting lacks in depth data, customization and visual graphic representations. Invoicing is almost embarrassing in its looks, almost no customization, and zero financial reporting.

7 years ago

Hi Dominic, Thanks so much for the review. We really appreciate your feedback. We're delighted to hear that Teamwork Projects has been so useful to you and your team. I've passed on all your suggestions to the team for their consideration. Here's a list of the upcoming features that we'll be adding over the course of the next few months: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap. Here's a list of our current integrations including invoicing: https://www.teamwork.com/integrations. I hope you find them useful. Please get in touch if you have any questions. Thanks again for your feedback. Best regards, Therese

Stefan
Butler gone Digital. in Norway
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork!

Comments: I have used Teamwork for almost 2 years - trying other things on the side to see if there is somethings better out there - but my still my first choice. I know about project tools, and they all are good, but they are too complicated and all fashion in their way of use - Teamwork has done something different - and while I tested it out I also tested multiple solutions.
They are constantly getting new features and optimizing reporting and UI and UX. The one thing I have been waiting for is the Kanban or Board that they call it - then it will be complete.
The cool thing is they are open about their roadmap - so I constantly reach out to push features through - I am sure they listen to us as customers because things happen all the time.
So let´s get down to business.
Pricing and solutions beats everyone else, trust me!
So what is it that makes it so good?
Teamwork Project - besides as everyone would expect a project tool - they have another mindset to getting things done - and building performing teams - that I do not find everywhere else. I believe others copy them and try to do it simpler - but then it is a lack of other features that you need in a professional system.
Since we have multiple projects, and we connect our clients and give them the overall by onboarding them to follow us in an easy way. We give them an ease of mind, and send them reports daily. So when we meet, we stop the chatter on where we are and can focus on how to go further.
We use Teamwork Desk for support sites - and can also build up support for my clients -so we can charge for and outsourced service, that makes their services extend further. Do you think they love it? Teamwork Chat - I can be in contact down on pure tasks, and also the ability to create task as we speak. No waste of time. But my favorite tools are the extensions in chrome and Gmail. Saves me time -and makes me be so effective that I have no words - That is why: Teamwork is True, My business is Teamwork, and Teamwork is my Teamwork! Just a Butler gone Digital, and that is also true. I have high standards - and been digital for 40 years - so I know my ground. Thanks Teamwork!

Pros:

The "comlexed easyness" of the way of building quality projects. The extensions in Chrome and Gmail - timesavers deluxe.

Cons:

Still working on the onboarding of my non-tech clients to make it even simpler for them to follow, but it does actually not matter since they get an email daily on the progress.

Tyler
VP of Operations in US

A Cost Effective, Easy-to-use Task Master

Comments: Teamwork has been a great choice for our team that allowed us to effectively manage a diverse workload and do so for a very reasonable cost. Teamwork has committed to adding useful features over time and the team at Teamwork has been a joy to work with. From the sales team to technical support, the responsiveness and dedication from the crew at Teamwork has been fantastic.

Pros:

If you need budget-friendly software to set up, track and manage custom projects and task lists to keep your team organized, Teamwork can be a great fit. It's super easy to use and requires minimal training for a team to get started. The software is not trying to be everything for everyone which makes it highly intuitive and great at capturing the essentials for managing projects.

Cons:

If your primary goal for project management software is robust project profitability tracking/reporting, Teamwork may not be for you. Recent feature additions for resource management provide some insights on capacity, but it does not provide the comprehensive reporting and analysis that other products provide.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp, Wrike and Smartsheet

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork.com: Cost

Switched From: Kantata

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork.com: Cost and feature fit

3 years ago

Hi Tyler, Thanks for the great review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it! I've noted your feedback on our resource management feature and will pass this onto the team. Have a great day, Karen at Teamwork

McKay
Consultant in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

Teamwork Makes Managing My Teams Easy. If 5 Employees Save One Minute Per Day, I Get My Money Back

Comments: It makes collaboration from many remote team members really easy. Nothing is forgotten and all communication is centralized in one place.

Pros:

It is really easy to add tasks quickly using the "quick add" feature. I also think that the organization works really well. The software is organized by Projects, Milestones, Task Lists, and Tasks. These help you really think through and plan what you are doing. Milestones force you to actually have a plan for your projects and not just go about doing day to day tasks. You can comment on almost anything. We noticed after using Teamwork that it didn't make much difference if you were in the office or remote because the collaboration is so quick and easy. For example, if you comment on a task, you can have the comment sent to someone's email. The person who receives it can just reply to the email and the response is saved as a comment in the task! This means that all those conversations are right there for anyone working on it to reference. No more tracking down email strings. It is really easy to look back and see how much time you have been spending on a client. The time tracking features are also very good. You can see very customized time reports and the workload report, which gives you a forecast of the workload for future time periods. This helps you assign out work. Teamwork support is also top-knotch and very responsive.

Cons:

I think they could offer to let you have 4 projects at a time instead of just two in the free version. It can be difficult to take advantage of all the features of Teamwork because it is so robust and has a lot of features.

7 years ago

Hi McKay, Thank you for your review. Great to hear about the positive impact Teamwork Projects is having for you and your team. The collaboration and tracking within Teamwork Projects makes it a powerful tool, not to mention all the other features. Kind regards, Wes

Josh
Co-Founder | Digital Marketing Strategist in US

Very Robust Project Management Platform

Pros:

We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help. It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Cons:

I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts. TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload. There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet." Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

Jessie
Junior Designer in US
Marketing & Advertising, 201–500 Employees

Teamwork is a great alternative to project management

Comments: .We employ Teamwork in the organization since they let us divide all the jobs among the team members. It is in charge of allocating the proper duties to every team member so that they know what they are working on, who they are working with, and what will happen next. We launch projects and their execution through it. We feel particularly at ease using the tool because of its adaptable architecture, which enables users to work however they like. This tool is essential since it expedites project execution and guards against our forgetting to do particular tasks.

Pros:

Adding tasks, assigning them to team members, and categorizing them makes it easier for project managers to keep track of the status of active projects. One of the company's favored benefits is the capacity to alert managers of upcoming duties automatically so they don't neglect them. It is the most delicate technique to manage every part of the projects you want to implement in the firm. It is the perfect instrument for allocating the tasks and resources needed to fulfill the set objectives.

Cons:

It is not a very simple tool for new users, so I think it should have a more straightforward and less sophisticated interface so that it is not just utilized by technical employees or technology professionals.

2 years ago

Hey Jessie, Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork! We're delighted to hear that your team is finding so many of our features helpful. Thanks for sharing your feedback about Teamwork being difficult at the beginning for new users. We recently created a Teamwork Success Center which was built to help with setting your team and your clients up for success. The resources here might be useful for any new joiners on your team in the future! You can check out the success center here: https://www.teamwork.com/success-center/ Have a great day, Willow at Teamwork

Jessica
Product Development & Project Management in US
Online Media, 201–500 Employees

Ease to Use and Continually Evolving

Comments: It allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed. The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.

Pros:

The UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.

Cons:

There are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

7 years ago

Hi Jessica, Thank you for your review. Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations. We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments. In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4 Feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] if you need. Kind regards, Wes

Shelley
Office Manager in US
Religious Institutions, 11–50 Employees

Teamwork Projects takes a village

Comments: It works okay for us. We are not a group of "techies" so the complexity of TWProjects isn't the best fit for our team overall.

Pros:

Teamwork Projects is a multi-faceted project tracking/management app. We are able to communicate and track project progress staff-wide fairly well. Enjoy the in-app chat.

Cons:

It seems overly complicated as there are too many ways to do the same things (is it a task? a project? a notebook? a milestone?), which means people on staff manage projects and view them differently, too many view options, too many custom/sort options. Menus change with each function you are working in, but it is not intuitive ("where the heck do I find the option to modify a template?". Searching for help provides results that do not match what we see on our end (there is no TEMPLATES tab within PROJECTS). I am an Admin and I still have trouble navigating.

5 years ago

Hi Shelley, Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the progress tracking and our chat app! I'm sorry to hear that the navigation is difficult for you and your team. Have you contacted our support team? They will be happy to talk you through the different methods within the software. In regards to the different management styles, we have found that some companies have developed a guideline for their company when using the software. The software gives people the opportunity to work in multiple ways, so it's just about finding what works best for your company! Our super support team can be found at [email protected] if you should need any help. I promise that they are the best in the business, or so they tell me anyway! Have a great day! Nancy at Teamwork :)