15 years helping British businesses

About eClinicalWorks

eClinicalWorks is a cloud-based EHR solution offering healthcare providers patient engagement, billing, and value-based care support.

Learn more about eClinicalWorks

Pros:

I use this software daily. I love the fax feature the most.

Cons:

Need to enter a ticket even for simple fixes that should be a phone call. Sales seem to be all US based, but customer service is overseas and VERY difficult to understand at times.

eClinicalWorks ratings

3.3
2.8
3.3
3.0

5.6/10

eClinicalWorks has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5 stars based on 363 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used eClinicalWorks before?

Knott
Knott
Cardiovascular Research Supervisor in US
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001–10,000 Employees

eClinicalWorks is my personal favorite eMR for medical practices

Comments: This is a much less cumbersome software than that used in other offices.

Pros:

I like the search patient feature - if two patients have the same or similar names, it alerts you. It would be easy to click on the wrong patient in error. All the chart documents are organized intuitively so it is very easy to find a specific document you are looking for. Also, as soon as you pull up the patient, it shows the date of the last visit and date of the next upcoming visit. Also, printing is smooth and no trouble to set up.

Cons:

The progress notes are semi-prepopulated, which could lead to information getting into the note that you did not intend to.

Outpatient charting,

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: As stated above, many years ago used the software when a family practice was switching from paper to EMR. There was not a good way to do this and wish there was. However the software itself was easy to use and learn. Love the interface ability and secure messaging for patients.

Pros:

Ability to integrate with other clinics and facilities. Team learned it quickly.

Cons:

Not as many features as Epic or Cerner, however feel works well for outpatient practice. First used with transition to EMR from paper records and wish there had been a more efficient way to do.

Hakan
Attending Surgeon in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Unreliable Mobile Application

2.0 last month New

Comments: if I was in charge of purchasing software... as I was in my previous practice, I would quickly find an alternative, possibly even Epic to integrate with all of the surrounding hospitals
...I guess you get what you pay for

Pros:

that it is a system not used by my main hospital

Cons:

mobile app stops working for unknown reasons, support staff unable to help remotely, you must go back to the office to reset the mobile app that you're trying to use while outside of the office - staff not reponsive at all - they will "open a ticket" which is computer speak for we will ignore your complaint

eClinicalWorks Response

last month

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your patience as we work to address your concerns with our support and product teams. Your feedback helps us improve, and we’re committed to ensuring your satisfaction.

Henry
CSR Supervisor in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

eClinical works work just fine

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

it is friendly using and can get support

Cons:

need to create a ticket for support then wait for a call, will be better just to call and start resolving

Melissa
RN in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Okay system for smaller practices

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It was workable for a small office, but I would prefer spending more money on something that is more functional with large healthcare system communication and records access.

Pros:

It’s not super fussy, and you’re able to set it up for use along with other systems.

Cons:

It’s not a super intuitive system, a little clunky in its navigation, and I often question how to perform certain functionalities.

Douglas
Douglas
Physician in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Best EMR to lengthen your workday! If you get paid by the hour you'll get rich!

Comments: It is tedious to use, so many clicks it's unbelievable. I honestly believe that they pay the coders by the number of clicks the user is forced to do. It takes you out of the chart if you look up any info on a patient so you have to go back to you schedule screen and reselect the patient to get back into the progress note. The top of the page says "Allergies". Can you click on it and see the patient's allergies? No! you have to click on Medical summary and wait for it to generate the page popup then scroll to the section that has allergies. Then close the popup to get back to your page. When writing prescriptions, it never remembers the patient's pharmacy. You have to click the pharmacy and click "save as favorite" EVERY TIME! Then it takes to the next screen which forces you to do the same thing again. Also it doesn't "know" I am the provider writing the Rx so I have to go to the list and scroll down to find my name EVERY TIME! If a patient call in and needs a refill, I have to enter a telephone visit (which I didn't take part in) implies I spoke to the patient and then from there enter the prescription with all the tedious things listed above. What's funny is there is an "Rx" button across the top of the page in any given chart. Unfortunately, that button only shows the current meds and there are several tabs NONE OF WHICH SHOW ALLERGIES, and nowhere on that medication summary where you can write a prescription. Patient lookup doesn't keep a history, so if you go into a chart then have to access another part of the record as I mentioned above it takes you out of the chart. Then when you need to go back into the chart, you have to enter all the lookup information again! It should have a little dropdown history of recently accessed charts. If you are in a given patient's chart and need to send the nurse a note on that patient, you go to Create Note and then select the recipient. Incredibly, the note does not attach or connect to the patient whose chart you are sending from! The first time it happened, the nurse asked me who I was talking about in the note because it had no patient info on it! It's just one unbelievable thing after another. For OB, they don't have a dedicated OB visit. What they do is make a hybrib where you toggle between the flow sheet which is kind of the running pregnancy info- and a progress note which is created for each visit. The progress note is the same old progress note you do for a regular visit with ROS, PMH etc. which you don't need for OB vsits since they aren't there for a problem - just keeping tabs on the pregnancy. It also tries to make you do an E/M on every OB visit even though it's a global fee so you have to say no to that every visit.

Pros:

You can use it on a tablet, they fit a lot of stuff (albeit useless) stuff on the screen

Cons:

Everything from the tedious login to forcing you to falsify records, to the multiple layer of menus to extra clicks, to making accessing information tedious and difficult, to the onboarding person - not a team- but one person who googled everything we asked because we could see it on her zoom screen even though she didnt' realize it. Good grief, it's total ripoff and the [sensitive content hidden] on down has no clue about medicine. They are in it to mine data in my opinion.

eClinicalWorks Response

2 months ago

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. Your satisfaction is our priority and in order for us to help you please email us at [email protected].

Brandy

Don't Fall For The Small Praacice Scheme

Comments: I changed my small office of 2 providers seeing 2-7 patients a week to Eclinicalworks after being told I would be charged 5.99 per encounter for 6 months then switched to 199/provider with 40 encounter limit anything over was 5.99/encounter. WELL, that not the case. It took over 3 months to go live and I only received a bill for encounter only for 2 months. Then I began receiving a bill for both 5.99 a encounter and 199/provider. WHAT?!!! That is not what I was told nor does that make any sense for a small practice trying to grow and not making enough money pay additional money. I still am having issues with features not working on the system yet I'm paying for them after we have complained several times.Now they are switching the explanation that you must have 40 encounters a month to not be charged 5.99 per encounter. Why does this make sense? I have tried getting access to corporate several times has been nothing but a headache and a run around. Then I never recieved a bill for APril and they never sent any information until it was considered in collection. When [sensitive content hidden] called my office and rude and biligerent to my employee. Then I still never received a bill only for MAY and JUNE. Then left us no access to the EMR but expects full payment for the new month when we cannot access it nor bill. THEY ARE A TRAP AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. They do not take responsibility for their mistakes.

Pros:

NOTHING AT THIS TIME, they have been a headache x 3 months

Cons:

Constantly having issues with various features telehealth, patient confirmations, encounters, scribe, etc None of it is ever fixed

William

DO NOT EVER BUY THIS SOFTWARE

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Eclinical charged me for a nurse practitioner every month for 5 years after she left. They canceled her but they did not cancel the billing. I was unaware as I was not receiving invoices. When I finally got the company to send invoices they were very vague and hard to understand. They are refusing to give me a refund. I canceled another doctor just 2 months ago, and they did the same thing! They charged me for him the very next month after he left. I called them on it, and they said that since the invoice was already paid by direct withdrawal, that I would not get a refund. I immediately stopped their ability to remove money from my account directly

Pros:

Nothing. I found out they settled a case with the DOJ for LYING about their product. The entire company is unethical.

Cons:

The software has tons of errors. I have to report them individually by opening a ticket via a different web page. Regardless of how obvious the error is, they insist on calling you on the phone and logging into your computer without at least trying to check it out themselves. Then, nothing ever gets fixed.

Samantha
Front Desk in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Plethora of Tools

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Does everything I need it to and more. I like the display and have no issues after using the system for a few months.

Pros:

Plenty of tools for every function needed on clients’ medical charts. Ease of intaking medical information and display is busy but logical with placement of buttons.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming when learning the system at first glance. Booking patients at certain time slots is not always the easiest to decipher.

LeAnne
Patient services representative in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Good softwear but Leary of AI

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It does help simplify things like documentation and keeping you inboxes up to date

Cons:

The fact that it is AI generated makes me wonder how safe the info is.

Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Progressive EHR with lots of options

Comments: I've worked with a number of EHRs (NextGen, Practice Fusion, ARIA, Meditech, Athena) and this has overall been my favorite. Most often the complaint I heard from people was the inability to understand the support reps, but compared to other vendors, issues were resolved more quickly. A lot of the offerings are add-ons and do have a cost, but compared to other vendors, I found them significantly more reasonable and thought the product was a very good value. Overall, it worked well. We were cloud based and had very few issues with the hosting. I would definitely recommend.

Pros:

Vendor is very progressive in developing new features. For example, we could pull data from home blood glucose meters or fit bits into patient visit notes if the patient linked an account through the portal. Tracking for CCM billing was easy and built into the system. Patient engagement features were great, such as automatically notifying patients that prescriptions were sent to the pharmacy, calling for appointment reminders from the schedule and updating responses directly to the appointment. If you need to notify the entire schedule of a provider absence, it's very easy to automatically send out notifications. Lots of technology options for collecting data including inexpensive check-in kiosks and apps for phones and tablets. Software can be an installed application or web based. The software is very flexible in most cases and there are numerous ways to get from/to anywhere in the system quickly. You can open multiple instances of your login to allow you to document in one chart while viewing something else. Integrated faxing made for one less thing to support/review.

Cons:

Reporting on clinical data is not good at all. It's very difficult to search the database and get accurate results on labs/medical history/diagnoses/etc. We tried RCM services early in their existence and found them very unreliable but that was a number of years ago. Updating note sections during a visit could contain a slight delay when clicking between different sections of the note, but not terrible.

Mamatha
physician in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Too many clicks/windows. Don't love the Hub system.

Comments: I was in a solo practice coming off the free version of Practice Fusion and moved to another local area office. I believed I would be moving to an office with a great integrated software system with practice management and EHR in one and all the bells and whistles. But any other features than what I had would be more money.
This one is not user friendly. I feel very badly for larger systems that mistakenly chose this software.
There is an extra charge for everything.
My data migration would have been cost prohibitive. Practice Fusion had let me move demographics and insurance with a few clicks in front of my eyes.
Every aspect of the free Practice Fusion was more reliable, easier to use, prettier to look at/cleaner.
I love medicine and patient care and EHR/business side has made it hard to find the perfect situation and made staying independent more difficult.
The upgrades are odd - now there are two sections in the note - Physical Exam and Regular Exam. What?
ICD-9s all remain. Why?
For many tasks, another window needs to open up. That is the critical time when the software may freeze and no way around logging back out and in.
Did I mention my "favorites" in prescriptions don't pop up. I can't figure out why they are there only half the time and I am typing the same prednisone taper over and over and over.

Pros:

I've got nothing. I was an early adopter of EMR starting with Powermed in 2002 for 5 years, Springcharts for 5 years starting 2007. 2 versions of Allscripts at a volunteer clinic and another verions of Allscripts at an employed position. I used Athena for 3 years at my solo practice and it was wonderful but I thought it was costly for a solo when the Meaningful Use dollars ran out. But looking back I would keep Athena or Practice Fusion and make it work. Every single one of these were more friendly to doctors/patients and better for workflow. I don't remember any glitches like this software.

Cons:

-Too many clicks. If I get a message to refill a prescription from staff. It is 8 more clicks AFTER the prescription has been sent. -Freezes and have to log out and log in multiple times a day. -Ipad and Iphone version is terrible and you cannot do work - it's just a rudimentary emergency system. -I am flabbergasted by how bad the ICD-10 lookup is. Both Practice Fusion and Athena are so good that I can't believe the ECW one can be this terrible. -Pharmacy linking is very clunky. Practice Fusion had every pharmacy in the country at my fingertips. -Record of prescriptions sent is very bad. Controlled substances are not there. Faxed ones are separate. There should be one med list with one set of dates! I have never seen this system on any other EHR. -My counter for the referral jellybean and telephone encounter jellybean always say 1 even if I have zero in that inbox - VERY GLITCHY. -E-refill requests, it rarely links the patient (almost like a fax coming in) and then it often does not link the drug in the chart and you have to search again for the drug -Diabetic supplies are impossible to send in. All e-requests for diabetic supplies have to be sent denied -Writing a prescription is very frustrating. It will say things like "duration must be entered in days" or "you did not chose the strength, dose or formulation". If you did change the strength, the number of tablets disappears and then when you go to send it, it will not send so you must return to a different screen

Maya
MD in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

They dont follow the signed contract

Comments: Things turned sour when I was leaving E clinical works. I had specifically negotiated the records issue when I signed the contract. Verbally they said it would not be a problem, they would provide it on a flash drive. No cost is mentioned on the contract and I made sure of that. Well, they now demand that they receive payment- a crazy amount for just 2 1/2 yrs of patient records. Its been 4 months. I definitely will not pay. They were paid monthly and that should suffice. They charge for faxes. They charge for each Telemed visit, they charge for messages. Apparently they will give the records in "Java Script" for no cost which is an unreadable format to normal humans. They now want to send me to collections!! Please, there are better EMRs out there, just don't deal with this one.Athena was my prior EMR and I switched as I needed a biller to overview the billing that Athena does and paying for 2 billing services was not worth while I thought. With switch to ECW billing, the biller was unable to bill properly and income plummeted. So in retrospect, Athena billing was very helpful.Another biller complained about ECW billing software not being easy. However, Athena still gives me access to my patient files that I greatly appreciate. Patients always need to have their records!

Pros:

The EHR itself is ok after we learned to navigate. However this is negated by the Tech support experience.

Cons:

Tech support was extremely frustrating. They are not well trained and this wastes your time. All are in India, some with bad accents that staff really don't want to deal with. You can never call them as they don't have the confidence to take your call. Each item that may all be connected still needs a separate case to be made and they call you back based on their convenience often when you are seeing patients. Overall exhausting experience

Brian
Attending Physician in US
Medical Practice, 5,001–10,000 Employees

eCW hates clinicians

Comments: My notes can be seen and read outside of a paper chart. Other than that, not much

Pros:

Notes are typed, so they are legible. Supposedly, the billing function is useful,however, my group does not use this.

Cons:

-Very slow to startup, and uses a lot of resources on your desktop computer -Too many clicks -Too easy to make mistakes and lose work (where did my 5 paragraph note go?!) -Not easy to customize -eCW often generates medical errors -interface is terrible--why can I only see 5 lines of typed text at a time? Why are there 5 buttons on a view that are all labeled the same thing? (No...use the "scan" button in the upper left,not the lower right) --too many mandatory fields that are not relevant (I just want to see his past vitals...I don't want to enter a pain score right this second...) --low quality document and photo uploads (I think that's a wound...but it's so pixelated) --Easy to lose formatting in templates (if you click here, it's ok, but if you click over there, then all hell breaks loose) --Anything that is not done in a billable visit has to be done in a telephone encounter --E prescribe module is difficult to use and not consistent. (Sometimes you can type in a box, sometimes you have to click on a little number pad, the options for prescribing are in a weird order (alphabetical, ordinal), complex dosing, like a prednisone taper cannot be done.)

James
IT Administrator in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Nightmare

Comments: They are 100% offshore support. 98% of the people that call speak so little English that you have no chance of having any sort of meaningful conversation. Every single time we do a patch update it takes 5-7 hours on top of the line hardware. About 50% of the time the patch fails and it takes a whole day or two to get the correct people from ECW on the phone to resolve the issue. They have account managers assigned to clients and they don't do any account management. I am not really sure why that person exist as they provide no value to my clients. Do yourself a favor, do not consider this product. It IS worth it to pay more for a better supported product. If you want to spend countless hours arguing or just trying to get a response then buy this product. Given the current level of support I wouldn't be surprised that they go out of business in the future.

Pros:

It was inexpensive, and feature rich when we purchased it in 2010. The ability to self host is great to control the user experience.

Cons:

Support, updates, cost. They are changing the way features have worked or been charged for. As a result you are forced to pay for something that was free for years or it stops working.

Debbie
Project Manager in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

This software company continues to update the software and tries to keep up with the ever changing Health care industury

Comments: Support has improved over the past 6 months. The technical teams really care about solving the issues that arise. You can really tell the staff at eClinicalworks are very committed to customer satisfaction. When so many companies are not concerned with customer satisfaction I am glad that we are using on that is.

Pros:

Always changing and updating the operation of the Software to keep up with the ever changing Health Care Industry

Cons:

The Software is so flexible and we have been using it since 2006 we really need to develop additional ways to make documentation of Progress notes easier for the providers. When we were trained back in 2006 to develop templates and to use the software for our Providers a lot has changed over the years. It has be difficult to keep up with all the enhancements and developments to the software. Now is the time to really take a good look at how we can go back to making documentation even better for our providers to improve their experience with seeing the patients and not feel so much like it is all about computer documentation and not about the patient any longer. As we move forward into fee for service payment for providers, more is required of the providers and easing their burden is key.

Kris

Great Sales Pitch......Lots of Promises...Very Deceiving Software

Comments: "None of us is slower and more ineffective that all of us combined at the same time". This is there approach. Rarely is any one employee at eCW willing to take ownership of an issue. It's never their department, their job, their scope...especially when it comes to shining light on the many issues eCW has and talking about how they did not uphold their end of the contract. Radio silence and a healthy round of the blame game.

Pros:

Patient Portal works well. The PP trainer was attentive and professional.

Cons:

Empty promises about customization and work-arounds. These work-arounds are only appropriate if they allow you to continue to see patients in the manner you think is best and if it allows you to chart in a logical fashion that fits your practices needs. Just because there is a work-around does not meant that you've solved the issue of the practice and limitation of the software.

William
Physician in US

Terrible EMR

Comments: Terrible, terrible EMR. Don't buy it, I beg you. I'm taking early retirement from my group in large part because of this program.

Pros:

I honestly like almost nothing about eCW. My practice switched from a fairly basic but very functional EMR (SRS Health) to eCW about a year ago. It has been an unmitigated disaster. The training was terrible, the support slow to respond generally and the user experience unbelievably frustrating. I've wasted so much time clicking around trying to complete the most basic tasks it makes me want to cry. If forced to pick a pro, I'd say...actually I can't think of anything. I hate it.

Cons:

1. Illogical workflow. I could go on a long time about this but I don't have room. 2. The web version and desktop version are significantly different so if you go home to finish notes, which I have to do almost every night, you have to remember to do many tasks two different ways. Here's one frustrating difference. You can fax prescriptions from the desktop version but can not from the web version which means if I have a controlled substance to send in I have to wait until the next day when I get back to the office and can use the desktop version. 3. There are too many other cons to list. They are mostly numerous little things that slowly drive you mad. Morale at our office has been terrible since we changed to eCW.

Brittney
Administrative Assistant in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Avoid This EMR at All Costs

Comments: Implementation was a disaster and we had to postpone it by 2 months because by the time we were supposed to go live, so much was still not set up correctly. A year later, the software works, but it is full of bugs that are driving away our patients. For the last 6 months our patients have been getting appointment reminders 10 times in a row, in the middle of the night, as well as patients getting reminders for appointments that are completely INCORRECT. This EMR system has cost us many patients. It makes the overall patients experience confusing and horrible from the glitchy portal to the wrong reminders. There are so many things wrong with this product. We have lived with these issues for 6 months and nothing has been resolved because apparently "these can't be fixed without a system wide update" but they are unable to give us even a ballpark answer of when the new update will happen. Bottom line, don't choose eClinicalWorks unless you like pissing off your patients and loosing money.

Pros:

It would be very easy and customizable to use if everything actually worked correctly. There are a lot of helpful features, however 75% of the time they are riddled with bugs.

Cons:

Support is awful. It takes months to have anything resolved. The software itself is riddled with bugs and there are many processes that were obviously not thought through.

Christopher
Physician in
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Long time customer, pretty much done with eCW

Comments: I have attended about 8 eCW users conferences, including the first one in Orlando. I am a superuser. Initially, I was optimistic, but over time I have seen a lot of false promises and lack of USER -driven improvements. The whole feel of eCW is that of a clunky data gatherer. It is absolutely dreadful at the point-of-care. I didn't go to med school to be a data entry clerk. The piecemeal product now. Nickel and dime every little feature/service. When will an EHR come out that makes sense at the point of care?

Pros:

Customizable - but be careful - you may have to redo everything after an upgrade. Reporting features and back office 'ok'. Portal, Healow app and eclinicalmobile are decent (though erx through mobile is wonky).

Cons:

Too many clicks. Too many windows. Tiny boxes. Tiny font. Poor format. Early 2000's feel and look. Upgrades often require the user to fix data (re-map, correct NDC codes, etc. etc. etc.) which is a total pain for staff and the providers. Too many ways to achieve the same thing, just causes confusion. Internal messaging a joke.

Jenny
Practice Administrator in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Comments: Our practice has benefited from using the Messenger product. We use it to primarily do text appointment confirmations, and wellness reminders monthly. During influenza season sending out a blast to parents via text message to get flu shots helps tremendously! User friendly, up to date dashboards for MIPS, MACRA, billing is awesome and new features for the EMR side are always coming through. I find it a great product for doctor offices!

Pros:

Ease of use and intuitive. The company always listens to the users for suggestions and problems. Customer support is great. I like how they follow up within 24 to 48 hours of a service ticket to make sure everything is functioning. I am very pleased with the customer service team because they always call me back in the same day. The chat option is great for a quick answer as well.

Cons:

In the beginning the training was not what I thought. However, in the last 6 years the webinars have expanded and ease to watch and print power points as well.

Sherif
Physician in
Medical Practice, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Labor-intensive

Comments: I have often wondered about the popularity of ECW. After all, I think there are many better systems out there, it lacks many necessary features and it is not cheap. I believe ECW owes its success to a good sales team, and to the fact that potential users think: if it is adopted by so many users, it must be good. In big corporations, the decisions are made by administrators, not by physicians, and the former are not well attuned to the negative aspects of the software.
Due to the nature of this software requiring website re-direction each time you order anything, there is a 3-4 second lag time that occurs every other click, and that adds up to a lot of wasted time at the end of the day. Windows cannot be minimized, and you cannot simply insert your cursor and start typing in a section of the chart. Therefore, if you are in the middle of writing your HPI and the patient asks you about her lab result, you have to x out of several windows, check labs and then re-open several windows, adding to as many as 13-14 clicks, and a major interruption of the workflow. The upgrade to version 10 was disastrous. Customer support is horrible. Interface with the hospital system (Cerner), with the labs and with Sure-Scripts is awful.
There are many aspects that could be improved if there was any willingness on the part of their programmers to get better, but I think they take their popularity as an indication that they are doing well. The lab review process is cumbersome. When I have lab results for one patient that I want to review and post to the note, it takes me an average of 21 clicks. Rx eligibility is dysfunctional. Saving medications as favorites has not been working since the "upgrade". The conversion from ICD-9 to ICD-10 was poorly managed. Our institution uses a separate office management software, with a lot of redundancy and poor interface.

Pros:

Macros and order sets. The form of the finished note looks nice.

Cons:

Everything else (see above)

Kael
US
Medical Practice
Used the Software for: Not provided

eClinicalWorks Review

Pros:

Read this review as a warning if you are considering eCW.

Cons:

My brother asked me to step in as emergency manager of his primary care medical practice in San Francisco in 2009 (my background is tech startups). He's an internist and was salutatorian of his UCSF med school class, so he's a smart guy, even in a room full of smart guys. And he's extremely hard-working. His partner chose eClinicalWorks for their 2-doctor practice. What was their experience? First: it was extremely, and they had to make regular payments to keep using it, so when they got into financial trouble, this was one bill they had to pay, every time, because if they didn't, eCW could literally shut off the software and shut down their practice. That happened once, and then I made sure it did not happen again until we closed the doors (I was there 6 months, the last one spent actually shutting the practice down and helping my brother file Chapter 7). Second: eCW's company culture, like that of almost all software companies (again, my background is high tech) is to over-promise and under-deliver. The company has absolutely no skin in the game. They do not have to actually make their software useful to you in order to get paid, and they don't care if their system is actually helping you run your practice; they only want to get paid. Third: the software was overly complicated to use. The training was inadequate and not a priority for the vendor, and all the training was at an additional cost. This is a joke; the training should have been comprehensive, extensive, and free. I think the support staff probably needed about 3-4 times as much formal training as they received. They universally disliked the software, mainly because they felt it was overly complicated and not intuitive.

Jenny
Practice Manager in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

I really like eClinicalworks PM.

Comments: Opportunities to improve our medical outcomes in all areas and departments.

Pros:

All like the most features under the Billing navigation tab especially. The registry is the fastest way to get info drilled down to your specific needs. We are using the kiosk and questionnaires. This feature has helped tremendously with meeting Clinical Integration (CI) measures. It has also helped streamline patient check in and collecting outstanding balances. There are always new things to learn and try - always evolving!

Cons:

The EBO reporting system. I do not find it easy to learn. I do not find it fits or is workable in the medical field. The reports do not give you current, month to date or year to date totals on your reports. You cannot create reports that give that information as well.

Flora
Manager in US

Communication Issue

Comments: My experience have been very negative.
Issues arise every other month and it takes for ever to solve

Pros:

I have nothing positive to say xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cons:

We have an issue in our medical practice for a couple of weeks and its been next to impossible to get a hold of someone that can explain what's going on. I've been sending emails, puttings tickets and no response. The worst part is that once you have this system is very hard to get out.