Filter by:

• Overall

About Deskera Books

Deskera Books is a cloud-based invoicing, accounting, order fulfillment, and inventory software for growing business owners.

Learn more about Deskera Books

Azim R.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Ease of use, smooth experience"

Comments: Overall is great experience I should say. As thing get easier with this software, we can focus more on other things.

Pros: CRM, api. These 2 things really make deskera different. With integration ready with other app, sync between them is just a few clicks away. Integration is the thing I like the most about this software.

Cons: It's lack integration for bank feed for my country. As I'm using other bank rather than integrated bank, it makes extra effort to key in some data manually.

Alternatives Considered: Xero

Reasons for Switching to Deskera Books: Deskera had more integration with other app. Especially with web base app to sync data. This makes the different.

Richard C.
Sales
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2020

"Serious integration-with the suite and with those outside"

Pros: Say bye to QuickBook Deskera is a substitute for my QuickBooks that I've been using for the past 2 + years. In addition, Deskera not only provides an accounting solution but also eliminates the need to use HR Partner for an HR solution for my organization! The CRM is the cherry on top, can't wait to see the growth efforts of this ASIA Pacific business as the product is only going to improve from here on, on the basis of their founder 's dedication as it has been in the industry for the last decade.

Cons: I used many invoicing systems, like Wave, and a few smaller separate ones, as well as the invoicing portion in a few product suites. What attracted me to Deskera is not only the existing integration of three internal components for our core business needs, but what seems to be a strong comment on both more in-house integration with related services and concrete plans to work well with outside services like Pabbly connect

Carrie S.
Life Coach
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2020

"Deskera is a great combination business solution platform!"

Pros: As I prepare to launch my business, I love the convenience and affordability of having an all-in-one solution for accounting, CRM, (and payroll if I decide to expand in the future). And I have to give a shout-out to how interactive and responsive this company's management team is, as well. They are ever-present in the Facebook group, giving lots of video demos, responding to posts, keeping us updated on new features and plans, asking for our input about which features we want next, solving problems, and treating us exceptionally well overall! I've never seen such warm and dedicated company leaders as these. It makes all of the difference! I highly recommend getting Deskera to have an integrated system, and get that personal touch as you are included in the development process of this tool.

Cons: I think that the CRM portion could use some more advanced features, and I have faith that the wonderfully responsive Deskera management team will take all of our suggestions to develop the product to its full potential!

Harper W.
Dr. suman H.
Dr. suman H.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/12/2020

"Deskera will create a new era in integrated business management software"

Pros: All-in one software for managing business processes.
Very short learning curve.
Amazing mobile app.

Cons: Automation features are missing (update: they are coming up with visual automation builder - impressive)

• Reviewed on 09/12/2020
Randy P.
General Manager
Plastics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/01/2021

"Bad purchase"

Comments: their tech team and sales team basically lied about its capabilities. They can not be reached, and will not return phone calls or emails.

Pros: it was relatively inexpensive, but really a waste of money since it did not work. We needed it to keep track of mfg machines and production.

Cons: Does not work for what we needed it to do. we were promised it would take information from our mfg machines and work with our production, which it did not do at all.

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Deskera Books: price

• Reviewed on 05/01/2021
Marcell C.
Marcell C.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Very Solid Platform, excited for the future"

Pros: The UI is beautiful. The development is fast and they are very commited to making this a complete solution for SMBS. You can also manage multiple brands which is sweet. It simplifies complex things as well

Cons: I would like to see more training for noobs as well as different use cases that shows clearly how people would set things up and why/how certain features are used in their day to day process.

Russ P.
Russ P.
Sales Manager
Plastics, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"not what we paid for"

Comments: Deskera was not able to provide the features we were most interested in. They promised they could make the adjustments but kept delaying it. Once payment was made in full, it became harder to communicate with them. We were promised a refund, but have not heard from them for months, no returned calls or emails.

Pros: the cost was very competitive.. if it worked

Cons: it did not perform the tasks we asked for. Syncing with our manufacturing so as to better give us an idea of costs per unit.

• Reviewed on 27/07/2020
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Committed founder and Amazing community"

Pros: First impression is the best impression, Committed founder and Amazing community.. looking forward for the journey

Cons: Australia not supported yet, this will be supported soon I beleive

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Alexander M.
Alexander M.
BDM
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2020

"If you just took a bite of a lemon then Deskera will surely sweeten up your morning"

Comments: Customer satisfaction 100%. UI 100%. Bank reconciliation for my accounts (Xero didn't have my banks) 1000%!!! Really happy :)

Pros: Its all integrated! This really has the ability to provide a fully inclusive platform for startups. Additionally, the Appsumo pricing was an enormous help however I've seen the regular pricing and charging for admins only is the first of its kind. Really showing its priorities for startups.

Cons: The CRM isn't quite fully featured and for now I will stick with CompanyHub. Heaps in the roadmap though so we will regularly evaluate the situation.

Alternatives Considered: Xero

Reasons for Choosing Deskera Books: I've been looking for bank reconciliation as I hate doing it manually. This was a big win. Xero wants $50 a month and likely more because I use multiple currencies (USD and AUD) which is a rip off. When life hands you lemons, move to Deskera.

Switched From: Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Deskera Books: The above

• Reviewed on 22/11/2020
Munema I.
Customer Training Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2021

"Accounting with an award-winning app"

Pros: I like that Deskera Books focuses on different aspects related to the money side of things of your business: creating and sending invoices (by creating them from scratch or relying on one of the Deskera Books templates), tracking your bills purchases, and expenses, keeping track of your inventory, and getting real-time reports. The web version of Deskera Books has it all but the mobile app is very solid too. Usually, the mobile app is a "companion" to an online platform but the Deskera Books smartphone app really seems like a complete platform for the fact that there's so much you can do with it – it's not a surprise that it won a Webby Award!

Cons: I wish users could disable or hide some of the features they aren't going to need, especially with the mobile app. If you run an online business, for example, you may not need to keep track of inventory... unfortunately, this isn't an option, which means that you are going to see features, buttons and navigation menu items you don't really have much use for. The "full" dashboard does affect the user interface, no doubt

• Reviewed on 13/09/2021
Owner/Interaction Designer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2020

"Great SMB accounting software with loads of extras"

Pros: I'm currently using Deskera for accounting to replace Waveapps. While there seems to be a bit of a learning curve, it's not all that different, and there is a large feature set. Accounting *alone* is worth the price for me. I'm planning to bring on some VAs and contractors early next year and having HR and CRM functionality in one tool is a huge value.

Cons: The "revamped" interface is great but still undergoing some integrations. The main thing missing for me from Waveapps is the ability to connect my business credit card to track expenses (my bank account workds fine). Customer service has been very responsive and let me know it's under development, but for now I still have to import items which is annoying.

Alternatives Considered: Wave Accounting and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Deskera Books: I wanted to consolidate my business tools, focusing first on my accounting options.

Switched From: Wave Accounting

Reasons for Switching to Deskera Books: The combination and integration of tools in Deskera will replace future needs for separate HR and CRM subscriptions.

Managing Director
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"A beautiful well-rounded platform"

Comments: Really good, and excited to see what the future will bring.

Pros: The UI is incredible, and the team are really proactive. It just works really well, it's not clunky at all. It tries to do a LOT of different things and that's usually not a good thing, but they seem to have pulled it off!

Cons: It's not integrated with UK HMRC yet, but this is meant to be coming Q4 2020. Also needs Amazon Seller Central integration (coming) and eBay integration.

Landon K.
Food Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2020

"Early Use - Huge Upsides!"

Comments: We are a new startup in Canada and I have to say that Deskera looks to be a surefire winner when it comes to the features offered in their program.

Pros: There are so many features bunded into this software it should streamline almost all business operations related concerns with ease. Bookkeeping, CRM, inventory management, email campaigns, so so many. We are also in the Deskera FB User group and they are so active in their listening to customer feedback, providing support and constantly hosting webinars you can tell this is a company on the rise. Looking for big things from Deskera!

Cons: As with all early use programs, they are constantly evolving so some of the features are not as polished, but I have full confidence they will improve rapidly.

Alternatives Considered: Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Deskera Books: Price point and list of features.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2020
Rajat G.
Operation Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2017

"Awesome product for All Size of Industries"

Pros: Glad to have found Deskera, great feature and usability make it perfect ERP for all sizes of industries. We have been using deskera for more than 2 years now and since its implementation, we are so happy, all our team members enjoying using it.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2017
Vijay S.
Chairman
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/11/2017

"Excellent Product"

Comments: I can simply say its amazing product! Must use by any level of organisation.

Pros: 1.Simplest software 2.Interface like Facebook 3. Easy to understand and work 4.Integrated modules(ERP,Manufacturing,CRM,HRMS,PM) 5. Low price compare to SAP,Orace 6. Latest technology

• Reviewed on 30/11/2017
Julien A.
Product Manager
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Dynamic System, Easy to Functionality, Great Reporting"

Pros: It is very reliable ERP system; dynamic business suite with multiple applications like stock, billing, purchase, orders, expense, reports).
easy to use functionality
great reporting

Cons: Graphic interface need to improved, currently it's too old, required some extra efforts and time for new users. Rest system is powerful for all kind of industries.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Daniel W.
  • Reviewed on 13/11/2020

"Not a bad replacement for Freshbooks"

Pros: We've just recently moved to Deskera after getting a lifetime deal at AppSumo. So far we've engaged customer support and they have been very helpful in assisting us in migrating the books. Our experience has been so far so good, we tend to stick to software for a longer period if the customer support is good.

Cons: So far we have not found anything that we dislike yet, perhaps maybe further down the road. They have a Deskera user group in Facebook and I believe you can read what the users doesn't like about the software, and how the team are handling the requests.

• Reviewed on 13/11/2020
Vinay S.
Vinay S.
website developer
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Quality of the product is very good, Customer service can be improved."

Pros: The user interface is fairly good, It really impress me with its front end and modules implementation.

Cons: There customer service is not worst of bad it is ok and i feel they can be good or very good as the product is nice and it has no major drawback which service guy has to face they just need to be easily reachable.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Krishna L.
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees

"All-in-one solution"

Comments: It has everything I need in one place, not to mention they already have advanced features that are comparable to mature software that's already been established for 10+ years. Deskera is still being developed and it has a promising future.

Pros: It's practically an all-in-one solution especially for ecommerce / dropshipping type of business models. I don't need to go to another software for CRM and HR, it's all taken care of in one platform.

Cons: It's not intuitive at first try. I had to feel my way around it and my main bank isn't integrated.

Vishal J.
Vishal J.
Machinery, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2017

"Best Fit for Manufacturing Companies"

Pros: Powerful and easy to use ERP.
Awesome user interface - i like the graphics most.
Easy customization as per requirements.
Customer support is superb.

Cons: There is nothing to hate about deskera erp. I didn’t find any problem yet, it's working absolutely fine.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2017
Matthew R.
Matthew R.
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017
Ravi prakash R.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"An All in one SaaS product, which is affordable"

Comments: Just loving it, hooked on to one platform for, Payrole, CRM and Accounts

Pros: Packed with all major requirements in one tool
Invoicing, Payrole, Accounting, all most all major Bank A/c's intigrated, CRM with email marketing, ecommerce website intigrated with buy and sell

Cons: Not much, just one request,
A ChatBot with Knowledge base is needed to embed to our website, then CRM become complete

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2021

"Completely Amateur Software"

Comments: I would stay away. In the span of 1 month, I initially reported 4 bugs, only to have 2 bugs fixed, and I ended up with a whole new set of 5 bugs. All while wasting 30+ hours QA'ing the product for them because they don't know how to integrate with Stripe properly. The reviews on G2, Capterra, and Appsumo must be sponsored because there's no way I'm the only person who integrated Stripe with Deskera and I'm the only one with tech glitches. 3 business owners contacted me asking why I'm sending duplicate invoices. Kudos to the Deskera team for adding Stripe integration WITHOUT testing and WITHOUT performing QA.

Pros: Nothing was positive about this experience for 4 months.

Cons: It's been 1 month since my original request to have fixes to something so simple, and more importantly, REASONABLE. (1) Email invoices directly from Deskera app (2) Add a payment link in the body of the email. (3) Add a payment link to the attached invoice. (4) Add payment details to their Integrated "Stripe Express" Dashboard. For bug (4), imagine as a business owner receiving 20 payments and none of them have customer info or any other details, all that Deskera shows is a blank page with totals. Photo is attached here https://tinyurl.com/yfev3e5g. This was the response for (4), and I quote: "If you further want to confirm who all have paid, that is what the Bank reconciliation process is for. You will need to reconcile your bank against the various payments you receive regularly as well..." (1) was resolved
(2) was resolved
(3) was not resolved
(4) was not resolved
There is a new (5th) problem where integration with Stripe sends out phantom invoices that are separate from the invoices generated in Deskera. Accompanying the (5th) problem is a (6th) problem, where this new phantom invoice contains (A) a different Invoice # (B) contains different net terms and (C) contains a different date of issue. Another new problem after integrating with Stripe, (7) there is no connection back and forth. I.e. I send out an invoice for $1,000. Client asks for a $200 price adjustment. Deskera invoice is updated to show $800. The payment link does not update to reflect new $800 total.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2021