15 years helping British businesses

About iCONECT

iCONECT is a team of experienced, creative, agile problem solvers obsessed with simplifying your data.

Learn more about iCONECT

iCONECT ratings

4.4
5.0
4.1
4.8

9.1/10

iCONECT has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars based on 10 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used iCONECT before?

Michael W
Michael W
Owner in US

Been with iConect and XERA from it's beginning in 2011/2012, cannot speak highly enough.

Pros:

The support team at iConect make this product and their overall experience for sure. The product is intuitive, and it works as advertised containing everything my clients are looking for, but it's the people and the execution of support and partner relationships that make my business work.

Cons:

The only note I'll make regarding a negative is the upgrade/feature path recently has been a bit scattered. It would appear the development folks are trying to address everything from users at once, as well as keep up with the other players in the industry.

Vicki
Consultant/Project Manager in US

I am an independent consultant, and I also manage multiple databases for a national law firm.

Pros:

Customer support through iConect deserves six stars. The person who will solve your problems and answer your questions is the one who answers the phone: no delays or callbacks. And I never have been dismissed without a satisfactory solution. They are receptive to suggestions for improvement, and these ideas are implemented quickly in subsequent updates. The software is highly user-friendly. The response from our attorneys and support staff has been consistently positive. They enjoy being able to control the organization of their materials and their reviews. The same databases can be shared with other research departments without conflict. Being able to deliver doc productions to counsel without incurring the costs of outside vendors has been a great asset. We also can give experts access to specific folders for review without compromising the confidentiality of other materials within the same database.

Cons:

The software is so adaptable that each database can be customized and tweaked to the delight of both department managers and attorneys. I cannot think of an instance that I have replied, "We cannot do that." I do wish that we still had the ability to concatenate databases, but we have found a work-around for even that.

Patricia
Ediscovery & Practice Support Manager in US

Our firm has used iConectXera for almost 7 years. The customer service is outstanding.

Pros:

The security and customization is nice. Templates have been developed for ease in creating databases

Cons:

Productions could be faster. Analytics and predictive review (especially email threading) could work better

Kate
Senior Litigation Support Analyst in US

Xera is easy. Creating searches makes sense. Reviewing and tagging docs is quick.

Pros:

Flexibility. Different levels of access for users limits fields, documents (or groups of documents), or tags. Coding as simple or complex as my users require. Paralegals can do the work they need to do, mass coding, setting up binders, without needing admin access.

Cons:

High page count PDFs. Viewing these can be slower and navigating to the page with search hits is cumbersome, though the file could be downloaded. I don't think this is a fault with Xera so much as a hassle in general.

Sid
Sid
Chief Technology Officer and Corporate Member in US

A great linear review platform, supported by caring experts who really know the product.

Pros:

Easy transition for users migrating from other platforms. Quick database setup, improving our time to deliver to the end user. Clever integrations that save labor.

Cons:

Traincar style UI confuses some end users, especially older end users. The next, next, next UI should be optional. The dashboard is nice, but many users dont use it at all. Would be a better UIX if folks could choose to move right into the review, rather than being gated by other features.

Jorge
CEO in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

iCONECT Xera is a solid and reliable review platform paired with first class support.

Pros:

The learning curve to teach new users is way smaller than most other competing products. As an administrator and trainer I need to be able to get a user up and running very quickly, and iCONECT Xera offers that.

Cons:

The platform lacks a proper native file ingestion feature. Adding this feature with additional metadata extraction functionality is a next logical step.

Patti
Discovery Project Manager in US
Legal Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

It's uncomplicated while still having full functionality.

Pros:

Easy to use analytics. Custom search builder is one, if not the best in any review platform I have seen.

Cons:

No search term hit reporting. It also needs better reporting for managing document reviews, Finding out who tagged a document is way too complicated.

Gavin
CEO in US
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Responsive company and the product is still being improved.

Comments: Revenue

Pros:

End user ease of use. There is no learning curve for users. The software is still being improved. Rubs on simple affordable hardware.

Cons:

Not full featured. It is missing a few key ediscovery requirements to make it our only ediscovery tool.

Christine
Attorney in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Decent document review platform

Pros:

It was a decent document review software. It was easy to use.

Cons:

There is a reason why Relativity is the most prevalently used doc review platform. iConect is not as convenient and the overall look for the software is outdated. I hope they update and become more marketable.

iCONECT Development Response

4 years ago

Hi Christine, Thank you for your feedback! We have recently introduced our iCONECT v10 which we integrated a new look and faster UX design. We urge you to give it a look! https://www.iconect.com/ Thanks! iCONECT

Erin
Document Reviewer in US
Legal Services
Used the Software for: Not provided

Good product, fair pricing, helpful people

Comments: My firm trialed this software through ILS and once we got used to how it works we found its features valuable and impressive. ILS was very helpful. The project for which we were reviewing the software got canceled, so we no longer needed to select an e-discovery software vendor. But I recommend looking into ILS and iCONNECT xera for your e-discovery needs.

Pros:

Impressive charts and graphs created instantly.

Cons:

A little tricky to use at first, but once you know what you are doing it makes sense.