• Overall
    4.8 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Criteria

Make data-driven hiring decisions with skills, aptitude, personality, and emotional intelligence tests. Test anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about Criteria

Showing 25 reviews of 66

Jennifer H.
Human Resources Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2020

"Great Product!"

Comments: I have no complaints!

Pros: HireSelect is very intuitive and easy to use. I had used HS with a former employer and as soon as I had room in the budget, I implemented the product for my new company. I use the testing, the ATS feature, and the calendar to schedule interviews. Customer Support is top notch and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always quick to help.

Cons: I wish it would integrate more holistically with BambooHR so I could use the feature seamlessly. Other than that, it works great.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2020
John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Pre-Interview Testing is a blessing!"

Comments: HireSelect saves me time and money! It also saves the applicant time and money by not wasting their time on non-productive interviews or enough worse, a serious mismatch on career selection.

Pros: HireSelect lets me choose a wide range of tests that upon completion will provide me with a better insight as to the value each applicant can provide. Different positions require different skills and HireSelect does not lock me into a one-size-fits-all testing program. I make the decisions on what traits, skills, intelligence, education, etc. are most important for each position I am looking to fill. A number of these tests have a built-in truth detector that is triggered if an applicant strays from fact into fiction!

Cons: HireSelect is a fantastic resource. I have no complaints, no least-liked features, etc. I value the entire package!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Head of People
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Scratches my academic itch in recruiting"

Pros: Scientifically validated, easily distributed to applicants, high quality results and UI.

Cons: Not adapted to international market, all the benchmarking tools focus on the US.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Desiree N.
Assistant Director of Human Resources
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Love HireSelect and their Staff"

Comments: Perfect. Our rep has always gone above and beyond and is always accessible for questions or concerns as they arise. Same for the tech team.

Pros: I love the fact that I can email the clerical test to a candidate and not be worried about space for someone in the office taking the exam.

Cons: Personally, I liked the functionality of the software before the last update. It's still a wonderful product however, we just have to do things a little differently.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Donna S.
HR Director
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

"Great Software"

Comments: HireSelect has improved our Talent Acquisition process by helping us make better candidate selections. Through employee personality profile scores, and by matching candidate competencies against benchmarks, we are finding candidates who are proving to be better fits for certain jobs, which is also leading to increased employee retention.

Pros: I like that I can create my own battery of assessments, based on each specific job description. I also like how quickly I can access the results, can compare candidates' assessments, and can review individual competencies.

Cons: On the Employee Personality Profile, I wish there were a few more benchmarked positions to choose from.

David D.
Vice President of Operations
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Take hiring to the next level"

Comments: Customer service has been fantastic, ready to help or explain at a moments notice (Support team is fantastic). The results are fairly easy to get used to and measure. I like that we can create acceptable result levels and compare online.

Pros: Scientifically backed results that really do level the playing field for candidates (and existing employees) when trying to put the right person in the right seat. Paired with a solid interview process and testing abilities, the cognitive and personality profile tests have been invaluable to make the final decisions in hiring.

Cons: Unless hiring a large number of people, the per test cost is a bit high. Also seem to be sharing costs with services and technology that I am not using.

Kimberly H.
HR Recruiter
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Review"

Comments: So far we like what we have seen and it has helped us select. Unfortunately now with COVID-19 we aren't hiring so not getting to use the software much. While we are not hiring we are testing out the surveys.

Pros: We like that the software can help us in selecting the right candidate for our position. It has allowed us to see some traits that might not be present in the interview.

Cons: I did have some trouble with some of the tests and selecting the correct tests to take (excel, etc). Also it is difficult when some of the jobs we have aren't in the list so we you have to select something that is closest to that.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2020

"Using HireSelect's CCAT"

Comments: As Wonderlic was going to change, we needed an alternative that could give us what we needed. HireSelect has exceeded anything we could have hoped for.

Pros: The ease in coping a link to send to a candidate and the resulting report.

Cons: Having to edit testing batteries rather than creating them. The Test Maker function could be more robust.

Thomas D.
GM
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees

"Ease of use"

Comments: Very positive, they are always willing to help if we need it.

Pros: I find this software very easy to use, it provides us with great insight to our candidates that we would not have otherwise.

Cons: I really have no complaints about using the product

Gina B.
Office Mgr
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2020

"Terrific Hiring Tool!"

Pros: I appreciate the snapshot at a glance for the candidate's work habits.

Cons: Nothing comes to mind about features of the software that I don't like.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2020
Jessica B.
Culture Cultivator
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Great applicant testing platform!"

Pros: Ease of use. I like the customization of messaging to applicants.

Cons: It would be great if you could do a keyword search on candidates resumes using this software.

Steve Q.

"Very Helpful"

Comments: Great. Good customer support. Works well.

Pros: Gives us an insight into our job candidates that is totally objective. Has helped us make some good hires that may have slipped thru the cracks.

Cons: Works well but it could have a better scoring system that is easier to understand. Competing systems have one number to summarize all scoring.

Becky N.
HR Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees

"Meets all our needs"

Pros: The test results have been very revealing and helped us a great deal in identifying who we should contact for an interview.

Cons: Creating a new position and blending the different tests can be a bit confusing.

Priscilla M.
Wade E.
Operations Supervisor
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

"Thank You HireSelect"

Comments: I am the Operations Supervisor for a small power plant. We do not have a dedicated HR group. I am tasked with recruiting, reviewing resumes, pre-employment testing, interviewing, hiring, and pre-employment requirements. This is in addition to all my other duties that actual pertain to keeping the plant running and working with the 28 people in my Operations Department. HireSelect has been a huge time saver for me. I have hired 13 Operators in the past 4 years. To hire 13 Operators we went through over 100 candidates. The customer service and assistance has been great from day one. The customer service department is always available to answer any questions or explain how a feature works. There are several other features I like about HireSelect. I have recommended HireSelect to several people in a similar position as mine. They have tried the free trial and they also see the benefits of using HireSelect.

Pros: The software provides access to several tests that provide an insight into a candidates personality, thoughts, and knowledge. HireSelect also is a convenient way to sort and store a large amount of data as it relates to potential candidates.

Cons: As the software recently went through an overhaul, I have not had enough time to dedicate to learning all the new features included in the update. The core of the program is still the same just the formatting and organizing have been modified. So far the new features I have used are better than the old program.

John S.
General Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"How to take the sting out of recruiting!"

Comments: HireSelect keeps improving by giving employers a better way to drill down on an applicant's potential value for employers.

Pros: When hiring for different positions, you need applicants with varying skills. HireSelect provides a way to test applicants on their aptitude for whatever job you need to fill. By using these services, you can be far more productive in selecting applicants to interview based on their knowledge, aptitude, and fit for your organization. HireSelect is a time saver on steroids!

Cons: There is nothing to not like and profit from by using HireSelect! If you hit a snag, their support services are among the best I've encountered with any vendor.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Sharon K.
Business Performance Consultant
Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2021

"Quick and Easy"

Comments: With HireSelect we use the pre hire testing more than any other feature. We set a baseline with our current staff and were astounded at how well it read those staff that we quickly implemented. The results have been spot on which keeps us renewing this service every year.

Pros: The software is extremely user friendly. When I need to figure out how to do something new it takes not time at all but possibly their customer service even tops this. The easy scheduling system they have to reach out for someone to help is amazing and put the options in your hands.

Cons: Being a SAAS there were some hurdles to jump through with our purchasing department but more likely that is on our outdated requirements. The latest update was significant and hope to see more feature in the near future.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2021
Madelin W.
Recruiting Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"HireSelect helps me screen and find the best applicants to hire."

Comments: The typing test and computer proficiency test helps me weed out unqualified candidates quickly and easily. I can also evaluate aptitude with the Criteria Cognitive Test, and I can see a correlation between that score and quality of work.

Pros: The variety of assessments help me choose the best fit for each position. I can evaluate a number of different levels, aptitude, personality, or specific skills.

Cons: If I wanted to integate the results with my ATS, I would need to upgrade to a fancier package. Now, the price is cheap for the service, but I don't know why I would have to upgrade just for an integration.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Shena S.
Talent Acquisition Director
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/09/2020

"Enjoying the information and the additional support in our screening process"

Comments: I love the price, I love the product, I love the information. My executive team also really enjoys this product which is a huge win. I will absolutely remain a HireSelect customer.

Pros: I like all of the additional information given outside of the numerical scores the most. It allows me to make the most informed choice rather than simply going off the summary score.

Cons: I do not enjoy the integration with Jazz HR that much. I automate a lot of the routine steps so that I can spend the most time on the phone or communicating with the candidate. Since I automate the use of Hire Select Assessments, it only sends out the link, and therefore, does not automatically attach finished assessments to my candidates' profiles. I have to prioritize manually uploading my candidates' results via email.

• Reviewed on 08/09/2020
Dania B.
Head of SmartVault
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Highly Valuable Tool for Recruiting Efforts"

Comments: We are a small tech company and needed a fairly broad tool we could use to support our recruiting efforts. We like HireSelect for the ease of use and the breadth of job titles it supports. We feel like the cost supports the value it brings to our hiring managers, that use this testing as an input into the overall recruiting and selection process.

Pros: I love that I can search for a job title and it recommends test banks to use, which saves us time. It is intuitive to use, especially nice for hiring managers that aren't in it all the time.

Cons: We are investigating the use of it in our UK and Australia offices. Hopefully HireSelect can support our global team.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
Chris M.
Chief Operating Officer
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"HireSelect Goes Above and Beyond"

Comments: The algorithm for our hiring has improved over time, thanks to an annual correlation study conducted in conjunction with HireSelect. Utilizing HireSelect test results in tandem with our company's internal employment metrics like turnover, attendance and work performance, we have changed our testing requirements to achieve better quality and longer-tenured candidates.

Pros: The customer support for HireSelect is excellent. I can always count on my account representative to handle everything we need in a timely and professional manner.

Cons: The new layout takes a little time to get used to but has improved significantly over time.

Janet F.
Founder & Principal Consultant
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Great Software to Help in the Hiring Process"

Comments: Very positive. From the beginning, I have found the support personnel to be easily accessible and willing to work through any questions that I have. They are a fountain of knowledge and I enjoy working with them. The software offers me another "tool in my toolkit" when working with my clients to help them be their best.

Pros: The software is easy to use and has a wide range of reports that can assist when making hiring decisions. I have also used it with current employees when working to assess a team and especially with the new format for the Employee Personality Profile, it provides an easy way to give feedback and insight to the team members.

Cons: There are a couple of tests that are not my favorites to use, especially when using them with current employees but that is not a huge issue.

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Neema G.
Administrative and Accounting Manager
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2018

"Does the job"

Comments: The Company has a great and flexible support system

Pros: Allows you to make better hiring decisions with minimum work from the staff

Cons: This is really great, I cannot think about anything I do not like about this system

• Reviewed on 26/09/2018
Marc W.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/07/2020

"Outstanding hiring tool!"

Pros: I am a huge fan of HireSelect's assessment. It is rock solid and they are outstanding.

Cons: Really no downsides. It's reasonably priced for the value.

• Reviewed on 10/07/2020
Rick M.
EVP
Staffing & Recruiting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2020

"Easiest Way to Peer Behind the Curtain"

Pros: The available assessments provide critical insight into candidates' mental abilities, personality and technical skills.

Cons: I would like to see some additional options on job/personality matches.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2020