Tripleseat

Tripleseat Reviews

by Tripleseat

The system every Private Dining Sales person has been waiting for!

Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Lauren R.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I had the pleasure of being introduced to Tripleseat at a previous job, and that company unanimously agreed for all of the concepts to make the switch to their program. It was better than the other options out there at the time, and made the most sense. After working with everyone while being at that company, I brought them on board to my current employer. Their sales team, support team, training team, all of them, are so friendly, and helpful! There is no question too small, or request too large to be considered.
I am a big fan, and would recommend them to anyone looking for a new booking system in a heartbeat.

Pros: My favorite part of TripleSeat is that everything makes logical sense, and is able to be customized to your needs. When inputting the information, you don't have unnecessary steps in order to get your basic needs into the system. If I have a brand new manager who only gets a date, time, number of guests, and the host's contact info, they can (within minutes) get them a contract. At the very least they can send them an email with menus and instead of loosing a sticky note, have it tracked so I can follow up.
Truly this was made for the Sales person in mind, with how the data is tracked, and how much time it saves.

Cons: My only wish for the software, was that it would allow for you to track correspondence directly with a contact and not having it connected to an event. There doesn't seem to be a way to pull up someone who is in your data base, and just send them a prospecting email, or share with them updated menus or promotions. You have to export their contact information and email, or use a previous event.

Best Catering Booking Software

Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Courtney S.
Catering director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Always great. The customer service if I ever have a question or issue that needs sorting is quick and helpful. I use this software daily and I love using it. It makes my job and my day more efficient.

Pros: Ease of use. I can easily train other employees quickly on how to book orders. I love the customization and ease of adding new menu items. The reporting is excellent for keeping track of sales and other marking tools.

Cons: I wish that it had the ability to auto populate a packing slip for the kitchen. I.e. when fajitas are ordered for 10, it would populate on the kitchen sheet the exact amount of food by oz or quarts the kitchen would need to prepare.

USer Friendly and Great Customer Support

Melissa A.
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tripleseat is great. I do not see us leaving or using anything else . They are wonderful.

Pros: The software is easy to use. You can work your way through the program and it is easy to navigate. The customer support is wonderful. They really work with you until they find the problem. They are all very friendly and keep you posted on finding the issue as well.

Cons: I miss putting information in sometimes because it does not require you to tab through some of the spaces. I find it is an issue for my counterpart as well.

Gets the job done

Mackenzie C.
Event Coordinator
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Everything is consolidated in one place (communication etc.)

Cons: - Your search in the search bar has to be a full name or title otherwise it won't pull up
- Editing in Picklist (when you have long menus) is a pain because you have to type and then scroll all the way to the top to edit (ex: make bold, change color); similarly copy and pasting only sometimes works; similarly when you click the clear all formatting it only sometimes works; similarly when I save a picklist there will be random spaces missing when I go to use it in a BEO that weren't there when I saved it
- Functionality in regards to saving email templates is very confusing because there are multiple ways to save and some show in certain places as opposed to others (I've watched ALL the videos on this too and it shouldn't be happening that way according to the videos
- You can't do multiple **SEPARATE** dates for the exact same event and a booking leaves a giant chunk of time open especially if it is months apart.

A great easy product

Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Kimberly S.
Events Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tripleseat is immensely helpful in not overbooking and being able to plan ahead in terms of revenue coming in and tracking client retention. It is also extremely helpful in building and customizing contracts

Pros: Tripleseat is very user friendly and intuitive. It's easy to teach yourself and customize settings to what you need. I run the events for 3 restaurants and can customize what I need for each restaurant

Cons: There are glitches that when I've brought them up to customer support have been brushed off. For example: the emails from tripleseat tend to get blocked by company's firewalls or go to trash. It happens very often with my finance clients. When I've brought this up, customer support has just said to tell the client to check their junk folder but I can't really keep telling the Directors of Private Dining for major banking companies the problem is on their end so I end up not using tripleseat when booking my finance clients which is most of our revenue.

Efficiency has driven productivity!!

Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Shannon T.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, I love TS. As mentioned, I am so much more efficient than at previous places of employment without TS. And I can access it anywhere to do whatever I need to do. I would absolutely recommend TS to any restaurants/hotel/sales departments looking to increase productivity and numbers.

Pros: With Tripleseat, I am able to handle more work, communicate with more clients and overall be more efficient. I have been in restaurant events for many years and I am doing more than double in event revenue using TS than with a previous employer without TS. It's easy to use, relatively intuitive (once you get the hang of it) and my experience with my account rep has been amazing.

Cons: The only negative thing I would have to say is the discussions software usage with email servers. I do all of my communicating through the TS Discussions. A lot of my messages end up in Spam and clients have to reach out again, or just never see my message.

Great Support - Can Solve about any problem if you think flexible

Joe P.
Systems Administrator
Wine & Spirits, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Took me awhile to get everyone on-board with it, and get people away from the idea of emailing a scanned, handwritten document.
But once people started seeing the magic it took off quick.

Pros: The calendar, daily updates, and ability to customize anything is amazing.

Cons: It's a lot of work to get all your documents set up just the way you want them. But once you figure it out it goes quickly. The support team is fast and can solve any problem. Sometimes they'll do the work for you. Wish it handled vendors better and had a way to schedule musical acts within an event. You can make it work, but it's clunky.

Tripleseat Crushes!

Kenneth F.
General Manager
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The most easeful part of planning and implementing events is having everything necessary for all teams (admin, chef, service) in a one stop, easy to use place. Since it's cloud-based I can access it at home, and give on the spot guidance to my teams who are already on site.

Cons: The only hiccup that I would like to see rectified is having any uploaded documents that my team has made readily available on the scroll over button on the calendars. For example, you scroll over an event on the calendar and it would be awesome to have not only BEOs but also uploaded menus and receipts there too.

Observations

Reviewed on 06/11/2019
Ryan M.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, everything has been great. Every time I've needed help with something, the customer service has been prompt, kind, thorough and very helpful.

Pros: Being able to keep everything centrally located and organized.

Cons: It would be nice if there was greater communications between discussions with a lead then turned into an event. I have had a couple occasions that something was discussed with a guest but was unable to find the conversation. It would be nice if the printable calendar of events was more clear with what is confirmed or prospect. The text is too small and doesn't contain the basic info of what some of my team would need at first glance. I post a paper copy of out scheduled events for the month for everyone to reference but doesn't provide them the basic necessary information.

A Modern Day Software for a Modern Day Planner

Carlene I.
Director of Private Events
Hospitality, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I LOVE TRIPLESEAT. If you're a planner looking to for a software that is easy for you to use, your team, and your clients this is it. Their customer service is impeccable and all documents are customizable.

Pros: The best part about Tripleseat is the ease of use.

Cons: My least favorite part about the software is the reporting.

LOVE Tripleseat!

Reviewed on 03/06/2019
Meg B.
Purveyor of Good Times
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tripleseat helped me almost double my sales in one year, just from taking me a way from my color-coded sticky note and hard-copy calendar system. It makes it easier to take vacations and leave the other managers with clear instructions of what they need, communicate with my team and client at the same time so everyone is on the same page, etc. I also work from home most of the time so my Chef and GM have access to all of the BEO's and client information so they can see everything without me having to be there to bring it to them. Overall I love it!

Pros: I'll start out by saying that I'm a one woman operation. I'm the only one in our restaurant that sells, details and facilitates all of our events, plus plans all of our in-house events, plus managing the actual restaurant side...so I have a lot to do! Tripleseat makes my job exponentially easier and more streamlined. One of my favorite things is that they listen to their users. Every month there is something updated that makes it that much butter, and their customer service is fantastic. They've also started hosting events so you can get hands on training, meet the team, etc. I love that!

Cons: There are a lot of features that I don't use being one person in one unit. It would be nice if there were different tiers of pricing based on the parts you use and those you don't (like a Tripleseat Lite vs. Tripleseat Multi-Unit). That's about it!

Why I love Tripleseat

Shelley D.
Restaurants, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: When I first started using the software 5 years ago, I found it very clunky and not very user friendly. I still feel it has a high learning curve, however, the features have expanded. I felt that, at first, growth was very slow. For a while over the last couple of years, so many new useful features were implemented. I feel that it has been a while since new features have been announced, and some areas in the software really need a facelift!

Pros: The designers at Tripleseat have consistently listened to customer requests to fine tune the software to meet our changing needs. The software can be very customized.

Cons: Though much has been added to customize the software, there are still some areas which are very lacking when trying to detail an event order for events. Though I love the strides made, certain items are still very rudimentary.

Tripleseat review & comments

Reviewed on 05/06/2019
Stephen L.
Events
Events Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tripleseat has grown with us at the rate we are able to understand and make positive advances with the software. They are allways available for discussion and help. My overall experence is we get very comfortable & professional service from Tripleseat.

Pros: I'm not at all a pro but so the ease of use is very important. The software was not designed originaly for my type of use, I'm a movie theater with special events. However it has been curved to be able to offer me everything I require to keep track of my special events. The calendar is esential for the number of events we have as each new movie release generates a new special event be it birthday parties or receptions and sometimes just a movie only seat reservation. Each style has to be noted and written up using the software to outline for each department in the Theater. The ability to arrange the many buckets we use to otline an event form the original set-up, as our understanding of the software increases is great.

Cons: Having to update each time changes are made to see how it will look onl the BEO is a little challenging. Then to view any changes I have to open up the BEO to see how it looks/fits etc. It would be nice to have a real time view/function of some sort to be able to see what someting looks like without having to udate first.

One Stop Shop

Chrissy R.
Lead Event Coordinator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have not yet found something that I would like to use more than TripleSeat and I think it's well on it's way to being the BEST bang for your buck!

Pros: I love using TripleSeat for my business! Coming from a place of having to create separate documents for each piece of my event (BEO's, Proposals, Menus, Invoices, etc), it has not only streamlined my time, but also has prevented clerical errors moving from one document to another.

Cons: I think the more difficult parts of the software include the lack of customization, ie:
--colors that are used when the TripleSeat staff first load everything are not available when you try to customize
--it takes a million clicks to successfully get to where you want to go (to close an event, to confirm a payment)
--when I update a BEO, I have to manually save the OLD document and upload it into the system rather than it saving the old documents for me to reference
--when I add another document to an event, it changes the deposit that is due to be double what it should be

Best Planning Software Available!

Jessica S.
Event Coordinator
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: From customer service and support to the software use and setup, Tripleseat has changed or lives at work for the better!

Pros: I love the ease of use and the time it has saved me! More time, more events, more money!

Cons: There is not one thing I don't like...honestly!

Best event planning software on the market

Reviewed on 18/10/2017
Laura S.
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Everything from being more organized, more efficient, client management, lead management to cost and financial analysis.

Pros: What is not to love? It has every feature and function that I need to keep me organized. We have over 200 weddings and events per year in a multi-million dollar waterfront restaurant, and Tripleseat is basically my right arm. I use it for everything from its calendar, creating BEOs and contracts for the clients, food and beverage cost management, etc. I also have demo'd similar products and have chosen to stay with Tripleseat because they have everything I need, and even things I didn't know I needed!

Cons: There really aren't any cons to list here - anytime I have needed something, I just talk to their customer service team and they explain where it is, or add it for me. For instance, I wanted better reporting on lead sources and where the business was coming from, and they added a custom report for me the next day!

Switched from Caterease and could not be happier!

Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Paige W.
Regional Director of Events/Sales
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The functionality of Tripleseat is day and night from our previous provider. I love that I am able to figure out anything questions or modifications on my own because it is so easy to navigate, If I do have a questions that is tricky, there are many ways to reach out and get help in a timely manner. When we started up with TS, we were in a time crunch because our previous provider was about to go dark on us. TS expedited our menus and start up without me even asking and made it a complete breeze to being. I was so impressed and appreciated everything from start to finish while brining on TS that I asked my rep to forward a email to the CEO. The CEO himself reached out to me within hours to thank me. SO IMPRESSED with this company, product, service!!

Cons: We have been with Tripleseat for over a year now and my only con would be the reports section of the software. It is'nt not as user friendly as I would hope and seems limited. I would like to be able to customize this to use for reporting more.

Tripleseat is a life saver in the event planning world!

Reviewed on 18/10/2017
Erin J.
Sr Sales Manager
Restaurants, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm happier and more productive at work. We also have happier customers who feel better taken care of. We are more thorough and proactive and our guests can tell. It also helps us stay on top of past guests/events so we remember to stay in touch and keep them coming back!

Pros: It really helps me and my team stay organized and better work together. Since transitioning to Tripleseat, all members of the team can work on each event instead of us each working in our own bubble. Events are more thorough, cohesive and guests get better attention. The tasks in the system are the best "task management" tool I've come across.

Cons: It sometimes feels that the help desk doesn't listen to you when you're trying to voice a complaint/error. They're quick to blame you or your other software before they even try to understand the issue and almost refuse to get on the phone with you.

Review of Tripleseat

Reviewed on 28/05/2019
Anna D.
Office manager- private dining coordinator
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Well it has been 9 years since we have been using this product. We have been using with is to create events for the restaurant. It has a form that captures leads on the website.
There have been a handful of times that we have had someone reach out to us to see how we are doing.
Their is no integration with other sites that partner to capture more leads and bring them into the restaurant.
Marketing it can integrate with Mailchimp which is great but that is not enough for exposure.

Pros: It is east to use and create recurring events for the clients.
The integration with Mailchimp is simple.
Their is a way of storing CC cards for clients which is a nice feature

Cons: There are no integrations/partnerships with other sites like BizBatch, OpenTable so we get some exposure.
We were never explained about the market place and how to create a better listing.
No real human help unless that you reached out and asked.

Changed the way we do business!

Reviewed on 09/08/2018
Lauren H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tripleseat has truly been a game changer for us! We are definitely happy with their services, however we would love to see some custom changes in the near future.

Pros: Previously, all of our event leads were coming in directly through email and we were tracking by typing them into our outlook calendar. Stone ages, I tell ya! Now, our entire events team has access to all conversations, can edit contracts at any given time and are able to cut down our response time in half. Tripleseat has been a huge improvement for us!

Cons: Some of the customizations and communication pieces aren't super helpful. We've had an issue with multiple emails being sent to our shared inbox, but received very little help to fix the problem. Additionally, the email thread is very hard to read sometimes when the body of the email is copied in. The communication flow could be a lot cleaner. We also would like to see a place where we can store data regarding the event (post event), particularly follow up notes.

Goat Herding Made Easier

Joey A.
chef
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Tripleseat is a grand-slam for organizing and executing event contracts, creating a usable database of customer & leads and making internal communications easy and efficient.

Pros: Tripleseat enables us to organize the information for coordinating, planning and executing events between our clients and our management team in a very clean and efficient manner. The communication threads keep all the details that matter under one roof. I also love that the client can browse our menus and make the critical decisions on their own time streamline the process of finalizing contracts and BEOs.

Cons: I wish there was a more robust financial modeling component allowing better forecasting and analysis.
Also after the initial set up it can be a bit cumbersome and complicated to change layouts and graphics.

Tripleseat after 1 Year

Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Catering Sales Manager
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Training was quick and easy and support has been extremely good. The transition did pose some problems, as trying to make our systems fit into Tripleseat took some true trying and testing, and it seems we're still making changes. But overall it feels like a good fit. Anxious to explore the new reporting platform!

Pros: Accessibility. We'd previously used another catering software which needed to be accessed via an interface, which took time and was often frustrating with spotty wifi. Also, the platform is completely web-based, so accessing it on a PC or a Mac device is easy.

Cons: The fact that merged documents are .pdfs. It would be so much better if documents, such as contracts and/or especially Banquet Event Orders could be merged to .Word docs, which may be edited (page breaks!) after merging. It's supposed to be views on a screen, rather than printed, but our Chefs still require everything printed, so it's a hassle going back and forth between the document and the print/screen.

Tripleseat has made my job so much easier!

Reviewed on 20/10/2017
Nicole O.
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Ease of doing my job, tons of time saved.

Pros: The best feature in Tripleseat is the ability to make a change once, to multiple documents. This saves so much time and energy! I love the ability to completely customize the program itself, too. Reporting has never been easier. Simply select what you want to see, then generate. Their helpdesk staff are incredible as well--very speedy and informative. Overall, could not do my job without this software system!

Cons: The only downside is not being able to print calendars. I do understand the reason though--Tripleseat is meant to be current and up-to-date at all times. Once you print the calendar it is no longer accurate, essentially. However, there is still a need for printed calendars in my job.

A Restaurant Manager's Success with Tripleseat

Reviewed on 30/05/2019
Aristede C.
Restaurant Manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall guest satisfaction has increased with Tripleseat as it allows for thorough communication between a client, the sales team, and the service team. The level of attention to the guest needs and desires has had a positive impact on service via Tripleseat.

Pros: I like the discussions tab. It allows for the effective communication necessary for the execution of a successful event. You are able to communicate with the guest, sales manager, and service team. The discussions tab has allowed up to date info available in a real time setting. For example, just today we have a dinner for 16 guests that we were able to share the guests expectations and needs with our service team that were not available in the BEO.

Cons: The daily notices do not always contain accurate information. Sometimes a party's size or booked room may change and the daily email notice does not contain the changed status.

Tripleseat: A tool that every event planner needs

Reviewed on 27/05/2019
Yessica R.
Coorporate Account Executive
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software is a time saver for every event planner out there. The notes on the calendar keep me updated, and improve the communication with our clients.

Pros: I like the way it is arranged! The dashboard indicate important information you might need in your daily basis. The calendar and other tabs from the menu, are very well organized, easy to access, and great features you can have to run reports, among other things.
There are several filters you can use to search for events status, rooms, owners, and availability in the calendar. The copying feature for events and notes, is one of the greatest time saver on this software.

Cons: Not be able to copy an event for several days at once in the calendar.