AccountEdge Reviews

by Priority Software US

• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.2 /5

About AccountEdge

Small Business Desktop Accounting Software for Mac and Windows. AccountEdge is flexible and can be used by various industries.

Learn more about AccountEdge

Jong un P.
Marketing
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"We use AccountEdge at work and it works okay"

Comments: Easy to use and good accounting software over all.

Pros: It is really easy to use. Most of the new employees have learned how to use it efficiently quickly so far.

Cons: Not being able to set 'search by' is the big one. Whenever sales team take orders, they have to type in the description of the products when taking an order or looking it up. Would be great if we could set 'search by item name' and 'contains' instead of 'starts with'.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Summer S.
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Everything I need to mange my small business accounting needs"

Comments: I like the ease of use and that certain features are very versatile , like I can create an invoice for either a service or an “item” sale and switch back and forth with ease. The software even recognizes the difference between when I’m paying a utility bill and purchasing inventory and will ask me to switch modules if I need to.

Pros: AccountEdge Pro is easy to set up, execute and expand. I recently added the payroll feature. By doing this I will be saving money by not having to hire a professional to handle my small business payroll.
The modules are easy to understand as is the connectivity between features.
There is a lot of support available that is either free or doesn’t add a huge expense to my bottom line.

Cons: There isn’t much I don’t like about this software. I’ve been using AccountEdge for close to 20years and have never thought of replacing it.

Sandra G.
Secretary

"Great Customer Support"

Pros: I manager the office of a small company. We were using QuickBooks. Since their customer support was less than helpful and not based in the States, when we switched our computer system, I switched our accounting software to AccountEdge. The three big keys for me was that AccountEdge had customer service available here in the States that can be reached easily with a phone call, the price is reasonable, and they have a decent program.

Cons: Corrections and adjustments are more difficult to make.

Glen S.
Owner/President
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"AccountEdge Pro/The best ever!"

Comments: I have had this software since early 90's when it was MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). Loved the name! I had already gotten Quicken and was lost from the start. I didn't even install it to my computer, it was so confusing. MYOB/AccountEdge was so easy to set up. It took me no time at all to be up and running. I waited a year or so to get the payroll module... what a mistake. I should have gotten it at the same time... again... easy , easy , easy. I was spending hours upon hours doing payroll, withholding, employee records...etc... got set up... now it only takes me minutes. Love it!

Pros: Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to understand, just plain easy.

Cons: It has too much? lol. I don't use a lot of the features that are available, but if I need something, it is there.

Neil H.
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2016

"Best Accounting Package Out There!"

Comments: I am a former QB for Mac user. After spending countless hours on the phone with customer support (from India), and not being able to under stand the tech or being able to get them to understand my software problem, I decided to look for a better accounting package.
I found it with AccountEdge Pro. The software is easy to set up! It works great! And customer support is FANTASTIC!
Whenever my company changes or I forget how to do something, I call customer support. If they are busy they will call me back. When I am on with customer support, they are english speaking from New Jersey. Lets just say they are "Made in America". They have always helped me with my problem.
I have been with AccountEdge Pro for several years. You can't go wrong with this software company. I love these guys.

Pros: It is easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Cons: Nothing

• Reviewed on 22/12/2016
Brad W.
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"So many functions… and stable for 13 years use now"

Comments: We are a software company with most of our business taking place online. I do regular reconciliation of hundreds of thousands of transactions… consolidating them into AccountEdge weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition we have lots of direct customers that pay by Purchase Order. We drop-ship a number of hardware products from various vendors.

Pros: They are constantly updating the software and I've only had one data "glitch" in the 13 years I've run the software (with hundreds of thousands of sales invoices/quotes/purchase orders/transactions… and that one problem was rectified by their support team very quickly.

Cons: I love that they add new features yearly, but typically I don't find the features as useful as I'd find others. They are always willing to take feedback however, and I look forward to some of my suggestions being implemented. I also wish the network edition worked on Windows.

Jill W.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Best accounting software out there!"

Comments: I've used several different accounting programs and am forced to use two others right now at different clients, and AccountEdge wins hands down. I can do so much more, in a logical and intelligent way, than with the other programs: reports, searches, even simple transactions like checks, deposits, journal entries--they all make much more sense in AccountEdge.

Pros: It makes sense--the reports and searches are logical and easy to figure out. It's easy to find your way around. It can keep you from making stupid mistakes like duplicating a vendor or customer card, but if you do, you can merge the cards. The check and invoice forms are completely customizable.

Cons: I didn't like having to open old data files to get information from prior years, but now the program allows you to keep transactions from the last eight years, I believe. I still have to restore old files from time to time, though.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Paul D.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2016

"Terrific accounting software for volunteer treasurer's"

Comments: AccountEdge Pro and earlier products all the way back to earlier software products have provided a way for me to serve as a volunteer treasurer at my church, homeowners association and civic association over many years. AccountEdge Pro provides all the features needed in an easy to use, fully integrated, efficient package for the accounting needs of the organizations I've helped. Closing each year and moving on to the next is done in a matter of a few minutes. The reports can be customized so everyone can easily understand the financial situation of the organization. Each year the product has improved. I've only needed support a few times over the last 15 or so years, but each time the support was easy to get and those helping were pleasant and knowledgeable, unlike my experience with other product's support when trying to get help with that I use for my personal finances. When I've handed off my duties to others, moving from the Mac environment I use to the Windows environment others use has gone smoothly. I strongly recommend AccountEdge Pro for anyone needing a robust, complete, usable, multi-platform accounting solution made up of superb software, top-notch support, affordable cost, flexible reporting and great human engineering. AccountEdge allows me to do quickly and easily take care of my organization's accounting needs.

Pros: Flexibility, efficiency, ease of use, support, efficiency.

Cons: There are so many features that sometimes I get lost in the choices, especially the reporting choices.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Karen S.
Office manager/co owner

"my program"

Comments: it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

Pros: It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

Cons: The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

dentist
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

"AccountEdge Pro"

Comments: See above

Pros: I bought the original software a long time ago because it was Mac based. I am only a Mac user.

Cons: I wish the decimal point floated. I know that that sounds silly but it would be nice. Plus, there needs to be a better way to put in "online" payments in check book. I only use checkbook and payroll. All the rest is a waste for me.

Gary P.

"Always Improving"

Comments: Been using AccountEdge Pro for 12 years and I’m completely satisfied with this product.

Pros: Works great for us Mac users and the features improve with every upgrade.

Cons: Have to customize forms with every upgrade.

by Acclivity on 11/09/2018

Hi Gary,

Very happy to hear that AccountEdge is working well for your business.

We do offer an upgrade tool for your Customized Forms so you don't need to recreate them when you get a new version.

Here is a link to the support article to walk you through the process the next time you upgrade: http://support.accountedge.com/kb/upgrading/upgrading-company-file#FORMS2012

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Zohar O.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2018

"Frequent updates. Updates resulted in recording data. Had to cancel today. Very cold reception by customer service. No Refunds"

Comments: My bookeeper loved this program and we had it on but it disrupted data entry with one of the updates. Account edge refused to consider our dilemma offering no solutions for the present or future.

Pros: Takes a bit to get used to. However this is one program which is yours to own. Data entry and recorded entries easy to find

Cons: Updates caused us problems. Automated renewal without consent is not fair. Poor customer service. No phone in customer service. Emailed replies and concerns misunderstood often. Very pushy on using their online store facilitation.

• Reviewed on 04/01/2018
Lisa S.
Office Administrator
Warehousing, 11-50 Employees

"LS Account Edge review"

Pros: I am not a real big fan of it. The order entry is very simple as well as entering purchase orders.

Cons: I think the visibility to payables and receivebles as well as some of the reports are a little misleading. Everything is by order or Invoice date, do not see a field for due dates on the payable reports. Wish it was a little more user friendly. I have used QB in the past and wish AE had some of the same capabilities.

Dan K.
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2018

"So much better over SAGE, thank you Account Edge"

Pros: I love that the software is mine and no one can start charging me to continue to use it. It's very easy to use, support is good and my accountant likes using it as well. After 20 years using Simply (now SAGE) the updates and costs were getting out of hand I decided to switch to Account Edge. Wasn't an easy decision to make as it was some work to do so but after the first month I wished I had done the change years ago.

Cons: My accountant can not look back at a specific journal entry in the previous year with out looking into our back up. This is making year end a longer process.

• Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Dan M.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

"Excellent producr"

Comments: I have used the product for years - very pleased.

Pros: Ease of use and value for the money. Very pleased.

Cons: Limited use on multiple machines. Otherwise no concerns.

Margaret G.
Secretary - Treasurer
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Why I chose AccountEdge Pro for my business"

Pros: I am co-owner of a small Texas business, and am responsible for keeping the books for our business. I was not a business major in school, so was looking for a system that would be relatively simple to use, but robust enough to meet our booking needs. I also wanted something that did not require me to be in the "cloud", and was Mac friendly, and AccountEdge Pro has met all these needs.

Cons: There are more bells and whistles than I need, but ultimately I found the functions I wanted and am very happy with AccountEdge Pro.

Ben F.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Solid Accounting platform"

Comments: Major benefit is keeping track of expenses and tracking income and employee stats.

Pros: Easy of use and set up.
Ability to run needed reports and do taxes in house.

Cons: Invoices look a little outdated. Could use some improvements.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Roxanne D.
Partner
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2017

"Long time user - my brain loves AE"

Comments: I've been using this software for over 15 years. I previously had used other software and even once left AE (then known as MYOB) to return to previous product based on CPA request. But literally, my brain hurt when I used that product. AE has such a clean and clear interface. It has so many ways to customize the app for MY preferences. The features are logically organized and easy to find, not buried behind a cluttered old-school interface or confusing menus. I rarely have to call in for help, but when I do, it's handled. And all my software upgrades are delivered automatically. The knowledge base is robust, too. I've used that to improve my knowledge of accounting principles. We are a small consulting services company with clients across the USA.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2017
Tanya G.
COMPTROLLER
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Johnson County Foam Inc"

Comments: the duplicate feature is by far helping with making sure entries are not duplicated therefore creating less entries for reversal in which looks better overall for accounting and reporting to the CPA purposes

Pros: it is very user friendly and easy to get around in the software

Cons: would like to see more customization in running the reports

Shari R.
secretary

"SDR"

Pros: The software is easy to teach and use in our business.

Cons: We get inventory error messages when we do not expect them.

by Acclivity on 12/09/2018

Hi Shari,

We offer free technical support via email for our customers. Please reach out to our technical support team at accountedge.com/help the next time you receive a random error message. We would be happy to help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Emily F.
Secretary
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month"

Comments: Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Pros: Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Cons: No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

Barbara T.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees

"Happy customer."

Comments: I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Pros: I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Cons: It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

by Acclivity on 13/09/2018

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your review.

In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it.

You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change.

If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Scott C.
President/CEO
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2017

"Best Accounting Software Ever!!"

Comments: I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Pros: Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Cons: ?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2017
Meredith B.
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"CPA is Baffled."

Comments: The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

Pros: After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Cons: My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Gary K.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Couldn't be simpler!"

Comments: Only great things to say about this product.

Pros: AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Cons: Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019