CPA is Baffled.

Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Meredith B.
Printing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The invoicing functions work well, creating and sending pdf invoices via Outlook. Creating custom forms such as checks, invoices, statements is easy; I color-code them so customers can easily distinguish an INVOICE (red) from a RECEIPT (green) and so on. Most of the reports work, but I need to upload many to Excel to manipulate the data (to report retained earnings, for example). There is no option to strip the "pretty" formatting on BalSh or Income reports, so to make them functional you need to remove all that formatting (extra blank lines, merged cells, extra blank columns, multiple font colors, shading). This is annoying and unavoidable as far as I can tell. Their "Knowledge Base" and other support, including videos, is just sad. The live customer support when I first subscribed had a complete lack of understanding of accounting. A recent bug required me to send my entire file (a zipped backup) and take a week off while they repaired it and send back a "FIXED" copy. They didn't charge me, but I had to give employees pay advances and pre-pay bills to completely quit bookkeeping for a week. New ownership based in Israel may have improved customer service but I can't verify. There are payroll reports that accurately calc. 941s and W-2s and others but you have to use the numbers to complete the IRS forms online unless you want to buy the reporting program separately. I find the non-submittable reports work fine for doing the online forms and printing for my files.

Pros: After three years I'm comfortable with the daily use of AccountEdge. I used my failing Peachtree to calculate payroll for the first year and entered the numbers manually. Now I use the payroll subscription, which is not as flexible as I would like but it works. (I don't need the uploaded rates and could easily enter them manually.) I emailed a note about my frustration with manually calculating different matching and withholding SIMPLE rates for different employees and the answer completely solved the problem--the program now issues perfect paychecks and tax reports. This was one of two customer service experiences that were positive

Cons: My CPA finds it incomprehensible. As a corporation we carry profits and losses forward as retained earnings and are not required by law to distribute profits as dividends. AccountEdge does not allow me (or my CPA using his copy) to make the year-end adjustment to Retained Earnings reports so we can't know where we stand. I want to retire and sell or hand off the business but can't produce accurate reports via AccountEdge.
Also I detest the automatic numbering feature for payments (it's great for invoicing) and wish that could be optionally turned off. I pay at least half our bills online and record the confirmation number in the check number space, which is especially handy for reconciling half a dozen monthly federal and state tax payments to my bank--and to verify that I sent the payments! A great many confirmation numbers (IRS, Colorado payroll, unemployment, credit cards, FedEx, Comcast) exceed the maximum 8 digits allowed for check numbers. (I can enter the full numbers in the memo space.) It is obvious to me that the program had its origins in Apple/Mac as it has automatic functions that actually hamper accounting. It doesn't integrate with our estimating software as does QuickBooks so I may end up just using it for payroll (to avoid that Quick Books cost).

my program

Karen S.
Office manager/co owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: it's great for custom reports, breaking down expenses for each job, setting up vendors and customers with custom pricing, discounts, shipping, and tax information as well as detailed contact information.

Pros: It is very easy to set up your company. It is very easy to navigate through the program. It has all the features that the big name overpriced software companies have and more. It works great for our air conditioning company with accounting that can be broken down by jobs. The payroll service is very easy to use and they keep it updated all the time. I think I have only called customer support 2 times and both times they had my questions answered right then. I would recommend this software to anyone needing to breakdown your accounting for custom reports, job tracking, employee handling.

Cons: The one pet peeve I have is that most of the payroll reports don't have totals you have to export them to excel and reconfigure them to get your totals or total everything by hand. Some of the reports they way they are laid out make it very hard to reconfigure them in excel. It doesn't let you access history more than two years so you have to look up on your back ups if you need to find something older.

Accountedge Pro

Reviewed on 26/09/2019
Jim C.
Printing, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Accountedge Pro is easy to use and has all the features needed. It’s a good program. I have enjoyed using it.

Pros: Very easy to use. Performs all required tasks Automatically. It’s reliable. Easy to navigate. Works very well.

Cons: Lacks mobile integration- being able to use application on mobile device when on the toad or at a clients office. There are some functions available like looking up old invoices and jobs. But that’s about it. In this day and age portable applications are almost necessary.

Best Accounting Software Ever!!

Reviewed on 13/01/2017
Scott C.
President/CEO
Printing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've been using AccountEdge Pro since it came out. before that I was using MYOB. I have tried QuickBooks and Quicken and frankly AccountEdge Pro works like I think. Entering Invoices, and purchases is simple and quick and updates my inventory. All of my bank accounts, credit cards, loans, lines are easily reconciled and auto payments keeps them updated. At the end of the year my accountant gets a copy of my file, reviews it, gives me accountant adjustments to enter, and completes my taxes. If I wanted, I could just print out any report he needs easily and he could complete the taxes with those reports. but since he is a AccountEdge Certified CPA he offers to do a complete review and helps guide me on setting things up correctly. I can run my business instead of having to be or having to hire an accountant for daily, and weekly bookkeeping!!

Pros: Flexibility to adapt it to my business needs.

Cons: ?? In over 20 years of using the versions of this software any cons I had are gone because the developers listen an input users ideas and suggestions.

Happy customer.

Barbara T.
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I can do our own payroll. Our accountant is only needed at the end of the year to do our overall business taxes. She is happy with the way that information is presented.

Pros: I have been using this software for years. It keeps track of all the payroll information the is needed for doing payroll yourself. Very simple to use.

Cons: It may be a user error, but I wish I could delete items in inventory easier or change the items name. We are Sharp dealers and sometimes product numbers change and I would like to get our inventory lists shorter to keep the file smaller.

by Acclivity on 13/09/2018

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for your review.

In response to your inventory issues, you can delete an item as long as the quantity on hand is zero and can not be pending on any invoices. You would also need to purge old transitions that have this item on it.

You should be able to change the Item name/number easily by going into your Item List and clicking on the item, just click on the Name or Item Number field that you would like to change.

If you need additional help, you can reach out technical support team for free at accountedge.com/help.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

Terrific accounting software for volunteer treasurer's

Reviewed on 05/12/2016
Paul D.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: AccountEdge Pro and earlier products all the way back to earlier software products have provided a way for me to serve as a volunteer treasurer at my church, homeowners association and civic association over many years. AccountEdge Pro provides all the features needed in an easy to use, fully integrated, efficient package for the accounting needs of the organizations I've helped. Closing each year and moving on to the next is done in a matter of a few minutes. The reports can be customized so everyone can easily understand the financial situation of the organization. Each year the product has improved. I've only needed support a few times over the last 15 or so years, but each time the support was easy to get and those helping were pleasant and knowledgeable, unlike my experience with other product's support when trying to get help with that I use for my personal finances. When I've handed off my duties to others, moving from the Mac environment I use to the Windows environment others use has gone smoothly. I strongly recommend AccountEdge Pro for anyone needing a robust, complete, usable, multi-platform accounting solution made up of superb software, top-notch support, affordable cost, flexible reporting and great human engineering. AccountEdge allows me to do quickly and easily take care of my organization's accounting needs.

Pros: Flexibility, efficiency, ease of use, support, efficiency.

Cons: There are so many features that sometimes I get lost in the choices, especially the reporting choices.

Longtime user. Could be better, but has been solid for us.

Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Chief Creative Officer
Photography, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Generally good. Been using it for over a decade and it meets the needs of our publishing and consulting business just fine.

Pros: Fairly customizable to meet our unique needs. Love that payroll and inventory tracking are built in, not some extra service. Also tax forms (which are an additional fee), and credit card processing (but would be nice to use Stripe instead). Just added kits for inventory, which is long overdue. Basically it's one stop shop for us and meets all accounting, inventory, POS needs for phone sales.

Cons: That it is not an entirely online software solution so that we could easily (at no extra cost) access and work with data anywhere. That it does not integrate seamlessly with our ecommerce software (only works with Shopify, which is a more expensive and less flexible option than Bigcommerce). The tax form should integrate more seamlessly and be part of the monthly support fee.

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Reviewed on 02/12/2016
Gary C.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I love AccountEdge. AccountEdge I consider the best small and medium business software on the market.
Beyond AccountEdge, I have used and taught other people Peachtree, Sage, Quickbooks, and Simply Accounting. So I have experience with a lot of accounting software.
1 - AccountEdge has AR, AP, GL, Payroll, Time Billing, and Inventory all built in.
2 - Payroll processing and basic tax forms, can be done by yourself without having pay extra (They only charge to update tax tables)
3 - They have free iPhone and iPad apps
4 - The software does Retainers / Escrow / Trusts
5 - The software has UPS shipping integration built in for no extra charge
6 - Multiple Location Inventory Tracking for no extra charge
7 - The file is cross platform, its the same for both Mac and Windows
8 - You can get a free copy of program for your accountant
9 - You can import and export most the data
10-The feature set is equilivant to the higher end versions of Sage and Quickbooks.
11-Accountedge is a lot cheaper.

Pros: Ease of use for the number of features

Cons: Slow performance during some functions.

Best accounting software out there!

Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Jill W.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I've used several different accounting programs and am forced to use two others right now at different clients, and AccountEdge wins hands down. I can do so much more, in a logical and intelligent way, than with the other programs: reports, searches, even simple transactions like checks, deposits, journal entries--they all make much more sense in AccountEdge.

Pros: It makes sense--the reports and searches are logical and easy to figure out. It's easy to find your way around. It can keep you from making stupid mistakes like duplicating a vendor or customer card, but if you do, you can merge the cards. The check and invoice forms are completely customizable.

Cons: I didn't like having to open old data files to get information from prior years, but now the program allows you to keep transactions from the last eight years, I believe. I still have to restore old files from time to time, though.

So many functions… and stable for 13 years use now

Brad W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a software company with most of our business taking place online. I do regular reconciliation of hundreds of thousands of transactions… consolidating them into AccountEdge weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. In addition we have lots of direct customers that pay by Purchase Order. We drop-ship a number of hardware products from various vendors.

Pros: They are constantly updating the software and I've only had one data "glitch" in the 13 years I've run the software (with hundreds of thousands of sales invoices/quotes/purchase orders/transactions… and that one problem was rectified by their support team very quickly.

Cons: I love that they add new features yearly, but typically I don't find the features as useful as I'd find others. They are always willing to take feedback however, and I look forward to some of my suggestions being implemented. I also wish the network edition worked on Windows.

Easy to use but a few quirks that annoy me each month

Emily F.
Secretary
Construction, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall AccountEdge makes my business bookkeeping simple-- I've used Quickbooks for other clients and I really do prefer the way AccountEdge handles billing for a daily service industry (we are in landscape maintenance). I wish the mobile technology allowed my husband to see more customer info when he is in the field, but we are able to work around that typically.

Pros: Ease of use for progress billing, I am able to bill daily sales in an easy to use format helping me not lose revenue by missing charges to customers

Cons: No ability to show customer total outstanding balance without a statement. I also think the reconciling process is clunky for bank statements and credit cards. My deposits show twice when I group them for a bank deposit slip and customer balances can be inaccurate on "cards".

AccountEdge Pro review

Bonnie P.
Packaging & Containers, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have used AccountEdge for over 20 years. (When it was originally MYOB). It works with our small business very well for the price we pay. We tried another software that cost 10 times as much and it wasn't user friendly at all and had a lot of issues. Will stay with AccountEdge.

Pros: It is easy to use and figure out even without a manual

Cons: The inventory module puts a reversing entry in when you receive material and you have to take it out.

by Acclivity on 13/09/2018

Hi Bonnie,

Our Inventory tracking in AccountEdge should not be requiring you to manually make any changes because of a reversing entry.

I spoke with our technical support team and they would need more details to fully understand what is happening in the software.

You can reach out to our support team at accountedge.com/help for free to get this figured out.

- AccountEdge Customer Care

AccountEdge for Mac

Reviewed on 09/01/2018
John L.
President & C.E.O.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: AccountEdge is a solid Accounting System, however, the Paid support is lacking. The support Staff are not overly familiar with the product they are supposed to be supporting, and you are put on hold constantly why they "research" your issue.

Pros: AccountEdge for Mac is a solid Accounting Program. It allows me to keep track of everything financially related to my company. It also allows me to do my own Payroll, which is helpful.

Cons: The product does not support iOS devices very well. It has not updated its AccountEdge for iPhone application to keep up with its competitors. My Personal iBank iPhone application integrates seamlessly to my Desktop program, allowing me to keep track of my finances in real time, on the go.

Best Accounting Package Out There!

Reviewed on 22/12/2016
Neil H.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am a former QB for Mac user. After spending countless hours on the phone with customer support (from India), and not being able to under stand the tech or being able to get them to understand my software problem, I decided to look for a better accounting package.
I found it with AccountEdge Pro. The software is easy to set up! It works great! And customer support is FANTASTIC!
Whenever my company changes or I forget how to do something, I call customer support. If they are busy they will call me back. When I am on with customer support, they are english speaking from New Jersey. Lets just say they are "Made in America". They have always helped me with my problem.
I have been with AccountEdge Pro for several years. You can't go wrong with this software company. I love these guys.

Pros: It is easy to use and meets all of my needs.

Cons: Nothing

AccountEdge Pro/The best ever!

Glen S.
Owner/President
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have had this software since early 90's when it was MYOB (Mind Your Own Business). Loved the name! I had already gotten Quicken and was lost from the start. I didn't even install it to my computer, it was so confusing. MYOB/AccountEdge was so easy to set up. It took me no time at all to be up and running. I waited a year or so to get the payroll module... what a mistake. I should have gotten it at the same time... again... easy , easy , easy. I was spending hours upon hours doing payroll, withholding, employee records...etc... got set up... now it only takes me minutes. Love it!

Pros: Easy to set up, easy to use, easy to understand, just plain easy.

Cons: It has too much? lol. I don't use a lot of the features that are available, but if I need something, it is there.

Couldn't be simpler!

Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Gary K.
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Only great things to say about this product.

Pros: AccountEdge Pro has made a work of difference in my company. With their easy to use dashboard, I can enter purchases, invoice customers, pay bills, create payroll, keep an accurate accounting of my banking and so much more. It is simple to use... even I can do it! It's a huge time saver and in the five years that I have been using AccountEdge, I have never had an issue.

Cons: Not a big deal but there have been a couple of times when I have had to realign the check printing format.

Great Customer Support

Sandra G.
Secretary
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I manager the office of a small company. We were using QuickBooks. Since their customer support was less than helpful and not based in the States, when we switched our computer system, I switched our accounting software to AccountEdge. The three big keys for me was that AccountEdge had customer service available here in the States that can be reached easily with a phone call, the price is reasonable, and they have a decent program.

Cons: Corrections and adjustments are more difficult to make.

Always Improving

Gary P.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Been using AccountEdge Pro for 12 years and I’m completely satisfied with this product.

Pros: Works great for us Mac users and the features improve with every upgrade.

Cons: Have to customize forms with every upgrade.

by Acclivity on 11/09/2018

Hi Gary,

Very happy to hear that AccountEdge is working well for your business.

We do offer an upgrade tool for your Customized Forms so you don't need to recreate them when you get a new version.

Here is a link to the support article to walk you through the process the next time you upgrade: http://support.accountedge.com/kb/upgrading/upgrading-company-file#FORMS2012

- AccountEdge Customer Care Team

Everything I need to mange my small business accounting needs

Summer S.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like the ease of use and that certain features are very versatile , like I can create an invoice for either a service or an “item” sale and switch back and forth with ease. The software even recognizes the difference between when I’m paying a utility bill and purchasing inventory and will ask me to switch modules if I need to.

Pros: AccountEdge Pro is easy to set up, execute and expand. I recently added the payroll feature. By doing this I will be saving money by not having to hire a professional to handle my small business payroll.
The modules are easy to understand as is the connectivity between features.
There is a lot of support available that is either free or doesn’t add a huge expense to my bottom line.

Cons: There isn’t much I don’t like about this software. I’ve been using AccountEdge for close to 20years and have never thought of replacing it.

AccountEdge Pro Long-Time User

Tom I.
Pres.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: AccoutEdge Network Edition allows us to use multiple workstations to manage our daily sales, payables, and biweekly payroll.

Pros: Comprehensive for what we need it for. All cash accounts, including checking; receivables; payables; payroll; and more.

Cons: We've used it for so many years that we've gotten very used to it. Because we don't have a learning curve anymore, I don't have complaints. It would be better if it integrated more easily into our database, or Excel.

Simple Complete Accounting System

Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Georg c. L.
Vice President
Retail, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We were looking for a small light-weight accounting system to manage some of our ancillary corporations that have very limited activity on them, but need to be audited yearly and reported to in public documents. Thus we wanted something that didn't allow much in the way of mistakes, and was relatively simple to use, without being overly complex and expensive.

Pros: Installation and use of this software is relatively easy, and requires little to no accounting background to accomplish. You can pick your industry, and the types of services/products you provide, give them some custom names, and the software will setup your chart of accounts, and having you rolling. Setup a few vendors/suppliers, and a few customers, and you can start issuing invoices and paying bills.

Cons: The software is not immediately accessible as it does not really follow any similar flow with current modern softwares. The basic system for each function, be it paying bills or selling product, requires either knowledge of exactly which steps you need to do, and in what order, or you follow the "guide" which is merely a large flow sheet of icons, with arrows pointing to various "next steps" in sort of a large circular picture.

ACCOUNTEDGE NETWORK EDITION

Kathy S.
Railroad Manufacture, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: AccountEdge has always been very helpful to resolve any issues I have had. I highly recommend this software.

Pros: I have used AccountEdge for many years. It is very easy to use and grows with our business. I can keep track of inventory and the auto build feature works well and saves me hours of time

Cons: I cannot change inventory item information once it has been used and I cannot combine cards if they info doesn't match. I must create new items.

Great software

Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Jamie G.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It's been great and will continue to use the software for many years.

Pros: I've been using Accountedge since it was MYOB. The software is easy to move around and learn even for someone who's never used an accounting program before.

Cons: No availability, like a competitor, to have access online especially when it would come to scanning and saving an invoice (online) so it doesn't use up your personal harddrive in the event of a crash as well.

We use AccountEdge at work and it works okay

Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Jong un P.
Marketing
13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Easy to use and good accounting software over all.

Pros: It is really easy to use. Most of the new employees have learned how to use it efficiently quickly so far.

Cons: Not being able to set 'search by' is the big one. Whenever sales team take orders, they have to type in the description of the products when taking an order or looking it up. Would be great if we could set 'search by item name' and 'contains' instead of 'starts with'.

Accountedge for a non profit

Reviewed on 26/01/2017
Jeanette D.
Controller
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As a new user, I had the opportunity to use customer support for free for only 30 days.
Sometimes it is frustrating to not be able to turn to someone with a question, but anyone with a lot
of accounting experience can easily use the software.
One of the pluses for our non profit, it that our payroll service is linked with our accounting software and they process out monthly and quarterly returns very inexpensively.

Pros: see my comments

Cons: see my comments