Filter by:

• Overall

About Daylite for Mac

For Mac & iOS. Manage more clients, close more deals, and finish more projects with Daylite. Made for teams that love Macs.

Learn more about Daylite for Mac

Adrian C.
Adrian C.
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"A fully featured and user productive CRM"

Comments: I have been using Daylite since v2 (now v6 and cloud based). It provides a wide CRM feature set and integrates aspects of project and time management. For small business operators that is really useful. What is particularly useful to me, is that it integrates so well with Mail - so many leads & communications come or go via email. Being able to link Contacts, Companies, Opportunities, Projects, Appointments - and capturing that connectivity in my CRM is really useful. Having work with a Salesforce implementation where capturing email traffic and info was never as comprehensive - Daylite is a pleasure to use. There are a range of readily available and easily installable developer add-ons (e.g. www.iosxper.biz and www.puremac.com.au). They add additional features (e.g. multi-currency invoicing, productivity enhancements, Kanban boards), integrations (e.g. online diary publication & management, email campaigns, phone integrations, messaging, web conferencing) and improved reporting. My only real frustration is the inability to create customised views and reports across objects - without developers assistance. While the layered stack architecture will allow enormous customisation - you really need a coders help. Having said that, for 85% of what I do, I can survive for now and as my new business grows and scales, I know there is a solution to my needs. Overall I am a Daylite addict and evangelist!

Pros: Awesome user interface, integration into MacOS environment (e.g. Mail), layered architecture allows for integration and customisation, loyal developer ecosystem and low cost per user. Do not underestimate the value of the Daylite Mail Integration - so much of my communications and lead acquisition is via referral and via email - getting data quickly and consistently into any CRM is essential to its adaption. There are iOS/iPad OS apps - not a desktop replacement but great for road warriors to keep the communication channels open or to make productive use of time when out of the office and between meetings.

Cons: Some highly technical limitations:
- No web browser access to a Cloud-hosted service - but the OSX and iOS apps are awesome!
- Limited "regular" user ability to create customised views and reports across multiple objects without developer engagement.
- Dependent upon Apple apps for integration with MS Exchange/Office365 - more limited in iOS version

David K.
Broker Owner
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Over 15 years using this, and I LOVE IT!"

Comments: I started with Daylite back in the early days of Daylite. I was on ACT but I wanted some thing that was a little more use friendly and less costly. I was one of the first with my graphics business and was with Daylite until I started my Real Estate business. Everyone said "Get a REAL Real Estate CRM" so I spent 3 years trying everything, and spent MANY THOUSANDS on software. None of them printed, most of them were expensive, most of them focused on Lead Generation, but we use Boomtown for this, so I do not want this, because you cannot beat Boomtown for lead generation. I wanted a KICK ASS CRM so when a lead turns to a real prospect, I then move them over to Daylite and off we go. Today I print note cards, letters, mail pieces, track all my past clients, keep in regular contact with them all, and my business has grown over 300%! So at the end of the day I am making $000,000 more than every before, and most of this is due to a great CRM, good team here are Remax, and selling for the worlds #1 brand..... LOVE WHAT I DO!!!

Pros: GREAT CRM, it does everything that other CRM's do, but what most do not do today is PRINT! Yes print a note card, letter, envelope, you name it, it prints it. Yea a Postage Stamp, how inventive! Plus I love how easy it is to teach people to use it.

Cons: I am a MAC NUT, so the fact is does not work on a Windows machine, is fine for me, but I would think this hurts their sales.

Alternatives Considered: Act!

Reasons for Choosing Daylite for Mac: I switched back to Daylite, shame on me for leaving you. My bad!

Reasons for Switching to Daylite for Mac: Does not support Google Calendar on Mac.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2020
Barry D.
Barry D.
Freedom Leader; Master of Peaceful Governance
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2018

"My Seasoned Love Affair With Daylite!"

Comments: Phenomenal control over all my data, commitments, opportunities, and projects. I now excel at staying on top of my commitments. Fewer things on my mind due to Daylite's automation features. I manage both my business and family life with Daylite an integrated solution for information management.

Pros: When I realized my peace, sanity, and time were worth protecting and was fed up with complaining to my wife about a piece of garbage software I was currently using, I did not have a solution to replace it with. I had no knowledge about Marketcircle's Daylite. It wasn't until I threw the gauntlet down that there had to be something for the Mac that was serious for running my small business did I discover my new-found love. I have scars from using other programs. That’s how bloody it got, how costly. But for a precious fraction of the cost with Daylite, I have peace like a river flowing out of my personal and professional commitments. I am in control. Thank you, Marketcircle! This year marks my 11th anniversary with my new love, Daylite. She has been so good to me. She is flexible, customizable, expandable, able to take on new tasks and projects without fuss. It's been a peaceful 11 years since our new relationship began, and God forbid that I would do anything intentionally to harm that relationship. It wasn't long after being introduced to Daylite that her hidden capabilities came into view. The more time I spent with her, the more I became grateful for her creator. "You mean this company fosters feedback from the experience I am having with their prize creation? You mean I can have a hand in the engineering enhancements beyond what she is doing for me today? This is phenomenal!”

Cons: When I select an object and create "New Appointment" from that object, the title field for the Appointment should automatically be populated. Phone support, when needed, would upgrade Marketcircle on par with companies of excellence like Apple, Bluehost, and Cannon. There's always room for improvement in service to the customer.

by Marketcircle on 05/02/2018

Thank you Barry for your love for Daylite! :)

We are super happy that Daylite provided you peace and sanity in running your small business.

Happy 11th anniversary Barry!

• Reviewed on 03/02/2018
Christian J.
Attorney at law
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Daylite in a law practice"

Comments: I run a law practice. I don't know how I would be able to maintain an overview of my clients and projects and dead-lines without Daylite. The software never caused problems, save for errors on my own part. It's greatly appreciated.

Pros: I appreciate the fact that a template for the database came pre-installed and that it was easily modified to suit my needs in terms for categories of contacts and projects/objects. The e-mail integration is important to me as mails are generally attached to the relevant contacts/projects. The integration of pages and numbers templates provides for a smooth process of drafting letters, contracts, income sheets etc. The task system of setting dates to keep me alert on dead-lines is crucial as I do a law practice and dead-lines are an integral part of my couselling.

Cons: I was worried about transferring to the cloud as I couldn't get an authoritative answer from my association as to whether I was really allowed to store sensitive client data this way. Consensus now seems to prevail that this is OK, though.

by Marketcircle on 04/03/2019

Hi Christian,

Thanks so much for your feedback!

It's great to hear tasks are keeping your on track and our options for integration are making things run smoothly.

We know how important deadlines are and we're really happy we're helping you get things done!

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments - thank you again!

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2020

"Couldn't function well without it"

Comments: They are very responsive to my queries and get back to me within 24 hours if I need help. The 24 hours is completely acceptable since I am based in NZ and they are on a different time zone.

Pros: The software is project based rather than calendar based but it has all the functionality of a highly effective calendar, task and file linking package. The linking of clients to projects, calendars, contacts, notes, tasks and emails is so helpful. I can click on a client or a project and see the whole history of how I have interacted with the client, what projects we have worked on, when I last spoke /emailed them etc. It makes it super easy to stay clearly on top of all of the different projects and priorities I have. It syncs with my phone and iPad and computer so I am up to date at all times.

Cons: I used to wish that I could link emails on my phone to Daylite. The functionality used to only exist with the desktop. Last year, they added this functionality and now it makes my life much easier. Occasionally it hiccups in the email linking but is getting better and better as they do the fixes.

Michael b. S.
Michael b. S.
President & CEO
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"Five-stars all the way around. Best CRM for Mac. My most used software!"

Pros: My company assists nonprofit organizations, using a diverse group of expert independent contractors. Daylite is a key member of my team. In one piece of software, Daylite give me control over contacts, calendars, projects, sales leads and more. And, Daylite interconnects all of those in an intuitive manner on both OSX and IOS. Frankly, Daylite functions as my Executive Assistant. It reminds me of scheduled events and notifies me of upcoming task deadlines. The Daylite Customer Service team is responsive and has never failed to keep me up and running. Daylite's developer, Marketcircle is a client-focused company that adds innovative features. Simply amazing! Buy ... or at least try ... Daylite!

Cons: Honestly, I can't think of any liabilities with Daylite. None / Zero / Zip. I am running Daylite Self-Serve on a Mac-Mini. Might be helpful to have a bit more processing power -- but everything stays synced with my iMac and MacBook Pro.

by Marketcircle on 08/12/2017

Thank you Michael for your wonderful review.

We're super excited to hear that Daylite is your Executive Assistant in letting you get more done and win more business.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Founder and Principal
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2019

"Powerful Business Development for the Entrepreneur"

Pros: This is a great tool for our time - it feeds and tracks all information about the all important customer into one location, allowing consistent and relevant information to be channeled to and from the prospect and customer. I love this CRM! The team of developers and customer support professionals are quick to respond, bright and friendly, and take my concerns (a sole practitioner) seriously every time. The ios Daylite app is just as powerful and new features, such as an integrated mail function, are being developed all the time.

Cons: I would want better integration with texting and calling from my iphone. Texting is now handled by a third party developer which doesn't meet the standards of function and ease of use set by Daylite developers.

by Marketcircle on 05/07/2019

Hi there,

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so happy you're finding value in having everything in one place!

SMS functionality is definitely something we can look into when it comes to feature requests - we will pass this along to our development team for review!

• Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2017

"Great application that works seamlessly on all of my devices."

Comments: Makes my life and work easy to organise and keep up-to-date.

Pros: It syncs beautifully across all devices. Enables me to have all of the information and interaction with my clients and projects all in one place. The interface with Apple Mail delivers the emails into my projects and that combined with files, notes, appointments, and tasks all being attached to my clients means I am always clear on what is happening with my projects.

Cons: Hard to find anything I like least as Daylite is my go-to software. Its a small thing but it would be nice if the calendar view could be changed so that I could see more of the day on the screen at the same time i.e. it is currently in half-hour increments which can't be changed and I often work in evenings and have to remember to scroll down to see appointments in the evening. Would be good if it was customizable to change the viewing to hour increments.

by Marketcircle on 14/07/2017

Thank you Carol for your review! I will send your feature request along our Development and Design team!

• Reviewed on 13/07/2017
Anna R.
Anna R.
Graphic Designer, Joomla! Consultant
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"I depend on Daylite to manage my business and my private life, my whole life actually :-)"

Comments: I depend on Daylite to manage and keep track of everything, business and private. It would be on the rare occasions when there have been sync problems but they were very rare and lasted only a very short time.

Pros: There are so many things I like it's impossible to think of them all but just the ability to keep everything that has to do with a certain project or client linked so I can easily look it up is one thing. When a client ask me for something to do with a specific project I did way back I can still quite easily look it up and give the client the information they are looking for. Also the Pipelines with their custom tasks in Projects and Opportunities are invaluable. And of course, having all this synced over all my devices. The customer support is excellent - the best I've experienced anywhere!
In short, I don't know how I would manage without Daylite!

by Marketcircle on 22/01/2018

Thank you Anna for your awesome review!

We're super excited and happy to hear that you depend on Daylite to manage your business and private life. :)

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Dale M.
President and Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Excellent workload management tool"

Comments: Daylite has contributed to the growth of our agency, allowing us to scale our systems, increase workload and manage execution with consistent quality and reliability. It's been essential to our success.

Pros: Daylite is a powerful piece of off-the-shelf software that helps us book and schedule projects, track new business opportunities, and manage workflow effortlessly in real-time, with full visibility for all team members.

Cons: Daylite didn't have the resource planning capabilities we needed, so we had to adopt a separate tool for that purpose.

by Marketcircle on 24/10/2019

Hi Dale,

What a wonderful review to read! We're so happy that Daylite has been helping you manage your workflow and workload in a reliable way.

Hearing that Daylite has been essential to your success is exactly what we aim to do - empower small businesses. We'd love to learn more about the kind of resource planning you're looking for, so you're always welcome to share your ideas/feedback with us at [email protected]!

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Ronald C.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"Oh, what a relief it is.... to finally make the jump to Daylite online!"

Comments: Can't run our National non-profit without it.

Pros: The integration of email, and tons of fields plus 13 extras, gives me plenty of flexibility to sort/select and find the record I'm looking for.
Fr'instance, say, it's somebody I met at a Rotary Club in some state, but forgot the name, I simply do a search on any word or phrase (not necessarily a keyword) and Daylite finds the likely matches, whether in an email, or a note, or whatever. The associations of who is connected to who (whom?) and how, helps to connected the dots even more.

Cons: While there are plenty of report formats, and capability to modify somewhat, this could be improved. The Access database (at least from what I recall years ago) had a neat way to select/order reports & forms, such as listing, say, customers by city, within county, within state, within region, etc.

by Marketcircle on 13/09/2017

Thank you Ronald for your review. We're happy that Daylite helps you connect the dots for your non-profit!

• Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Greg B.
Consumer Services, Self Employed

"Life is Run on Daylite"

Comments: I keep track of everything and have done so for over 17 years. Run all my business through Daylite. Keep my complete calendar in Daylite. Have used it with multiple partners over the years to track projects from start to finish. The best application for business and life.

Pros: It just works and is super reliable. Never lost any information in over 17 years of daily use.

Cons: It could be integrated into the OS better but a minor issue.

Investment Advisor|Principal
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2017

"The best CRM I've ever used"

Pros: 1. It does everything I want it to, including keeping track of contacts, calendars, tasks, projects pipelines, emails, notes, etc.
2. It integrates perfectly with David Good's Getting Things Done (GTD) methodology. In the past I've had to use two or three apps to do this. Daylite does it all in one place and does it very well.
3. It's reliable. I rarely have a glitch and - when I do - it's minor and tech support already has a fix.
4. It automatically creates backups of the data. I don't have to worry about that.

Cons: The biggest drawback is that it isn't easy to create templates for documents, labels and reports. To create a new label or report template, I need to go to my Daylite consultant, which costs me money. To create a new Word document template is clunky and requires experimentation.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2017
David P.
Content Director
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Outstanding intuitive product for business and personal use"

Pros: I love the way contacts, projects, tasks, meetings, etc. are all independent objects that can be linked an infinite number of ways. I have used ACT! and many other CRMs. Daylite stands out to me as the clear winner. It helps me keep my personal and business projects, contacts, appointments and reference information organized. I use Mac and the integration with Mail is also extremely useful. Also I love the way Daylite Cloud syncs across all my devices, Mac OS and iOS seamlessly.

Cons: I had challenges with the Daylite Server version in the past so if you go with Daylite, stick with their cloud version.

by Marketcircle on 01/03/2018

Thank you David for your awesome review of Daylite!

We're happy to hear that you're loving Daylite Cloud, and it syncs across all your Mac devices.

May you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018
David E.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 21/09/2017

"Using since 2006. VERY satisfied."

Comments: Extremely powerful tool to organize & find information.

Pros: The power & overall utility of the search function never ceases to amaze me. Just starting to notice some of the finer details. Today I finally realized that some fields on a company or contact only show when they actually contain data. When no data, field is empty. Makes for much cleaner, less cluttered display.

Cons: Wish there were some way to document & manage the Keywords. I will add a keyword... and then later wonder what I actually mean by it. Words, unless explicitly described are ambiguous. Keywords may be something of a challenge when exposing use of Daylite to other users. Will my keyword meanings be obvious to them? I'll find out shortly.

by Marketcircle on 21/09/2017

Thank you David for your review! :)

• Reviewed on 21/09/2017
Lonny J.
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"Daylite is a stable and mature platform that offers me multiple ways to do everything I need to do."

Pros: I appreciate Daylite for its stability, and depth of features. I have used it for many years and it never crashes. It offers me several ways to do whatever I want.

Cons: I wish that I could format text in notes. The only annoying feature is that when I reflexively hit "save" when filling out a form it closes the form. I wish I could reach tech support by phone when there is the very rare mission critical problem. Still, tech has been responsive and I've always been able to resolve any issue relatively quickly.

by Marketcircle on 24/01/2018

Thank you Lonny for your review of Daylite.

We are happy to hear that Daylite offers you in-depth features to help you run your business and get more done.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2018
Nisha R.
Photographer
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2020

"A brilliant solution for running your business"

Pros: I love how easy it is to customise daylite for my specific needs within my business and also for my personal life. I use it as my only calendar now and it honestly runs 95% of everything I do. It keeps me accountable and ensures I give my clients consistency in their experience with me.

Cons: I struggle with the time zones - when making appointments or tasks it automatically sets the time zone to the time zone on your computer (quite logical) but for someone who travels almost weekly like myself, I have to manually set each appointment to floating to ensure I don't miss anything.

• Reviewed on 28/01/2020
Michael W.
Creative Director
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2017

"What a great product. All-in-one for project management, contacts, calendar and email."

Pros: The concept of having all my project management, scheduling, and contacts in one program. Accessible everywhere on all my devices makes it super easy to stay on track. The company itself is a major pro. They are constantly updating Daylite and keeping the program alive. It makes me feel very secure using the software. What little customer service experiences I had were all great.

Cons: The learning curve. It's pretty tough to figure out a good flow for your business. There is also a lot to the program. It takes a little time to get your workflow down, with tags and categories, but once you do it's a piece of cake. If there were some basic examples or existing company examples on how they set up their Daylite workflow, that would've been super helpful. Additional email integration would be nice. I do not use Apple mail so unfortunately, the email tab in Daylite sits dormant. Would be great if it could link up with other clients, or allow me to directly add any email address into Daylite. The only other negative would be the desktop client aesthetics. The program looks a little outdated in terms of design but like my other cons, it's not enough to deter the user experience.

by Marketcircle on 26/10/2017

Thank you for your review Michael. We're glad to hear that Daylite makes your business feel secure.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2017
Sue S.
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2017

"I've used the Daylite CRM system for years and it keeps getting better."

Pros: Daylite is a fantastic value, with features that cost many times more through other systems. I needed a CRM dedicated for the Mac, and it has really delivered. The cloud syncing function works beautifully; perfect for the frequent traveler. Their tech support is particularly good, with very prompt responses every time I do have a problem.

Cons: I wish it had better reporting functions. The canned reports included are not particularly useful to me. Also wish it could easily print out my daily calendar, since I keep my to-do list and schedule in Daylite.

by Marketcircle on 28/07/2017

Thanks Sue for your review!

• Reviewed on 28/07/2017
Ken E.
Owner/Manager LLC
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"I took the plunge after 27 years of PC, Windows CE, Millenium, etc 3 years ago and love Daylite!"

Comments: I use this every day, 7 days a week (since personal ticklers, etc commonly accessed also)

Pros: Easy to use, very intuitive re ticklers, tasks, reports, etc. Since I'd been using an iPhone and iPad for years I thought I'd take a chance and try converting to a MAC, Daylite, etc and I'm glad I did!

Cons: Tough to read the gray details in tasks, something market Circle is addressing I'm told. Activating the arrows in Tasks to advance or rewind the month is a little challenging also.

by Marketcircle on 27/06/2017

Thank you Ken for your review.

Please be assured that your feature request is logged in our system. The Design and Development Team will be notified.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Julian F.
Principal and CEO
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2018

"Better than ever"

Comments: So much more functional than basic contact and calendar sw. integration with Mail is great.

Pros: Delightful and intuitive. Fantastic customer support.

Cons: Old version. Occasional issues with syncing using self serve DB
This is no longer an issue.

by Marketcircle on 15/01/2019

Hi Julian,

Thank you for giving us your feedback!

We love hearing that Daylite has been an intuitive experience for you - it's great that you're getting so much out of Daylite's functionality! We're really proud of our customer service and are glad to help.

We're always available to assist with any syncing issues or otherwise - don't hesitate to let us know! [email protected]

• Reviewed on 24/12/2018
Pat F.
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2018

"Have used it for 14 years and love every upgrade"

Pros: I like that information is linked to other information. It is easy to link and unlink and to have info linked to more than one contact. Also, I can search for ANY information that is in the database.

Cons: for me, creating templates for reports requires outsourcing to consultant. But the consultant is terrific and gets report templates back to me quickly and makes adjustments without an extra charge.

by Marketcircle on 23/01/2018

Thank you Pat for your review, and for loving Daylite for 14 years!

We're happy that Daylite helps you manage your business and get more done.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2018
Bas V.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2017

"Great tool to keep track of projects, tasks, sales, email conversation and manage teams"

Pros: The process moved from initial lead, closing sales, create the project, managing tasks and evaluate the clients feedback. All manageable in 1 place.

Cons: It is only available for Mac, so all users require Mac. Scaling this system up, or connect outside partners, they require a Mac environment, which makes it harder for large organisations to work with Daylite too. (we work with oversea suppliers/ partners that share the same client)

by Marketcircle on 06/12/2017

Thank you Bas for your review, and we're happy to hear that Daylite helps you manage your business all in one place.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2017
Khai F.
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2018

"Our business relies on Daylite as our communication hub"

Pros: Incredibly powerful search and data filtering. Seamless integration with Mac and Mail. Smart Lists have huge breadth of application. Intuitive UI and an incredible amount of functionality within a simple interface.

Cons: A little buggy, crashes frequently - this is though, more of an annoyance than a real problem. Synchronization can be a challenge at times.

by Marketcircle on 13/04/2018

Thank you for your review Khai!

We're happy to hear that your business relies on Daylite as your communication hub.

May you continue to win more business and get more done with Daylite.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Jill M.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2017

"Excellent in keeping up with clients / tasks, everything"

Comments: Productivity / organization

Pros: Ease of use, integration with mail, very intuitive and comprehensive. Also, customer service is exceptional. They get back to you quickly and are always responsive.

Cons: The only thing that I can think of (and it isn't that important) is that I have multiple clients with the same company name and it is difficult to sometimes determine which company a person actually goes with

by Marketcircle on 20/06/2017

Thank you Jill for your support and review. We take pride in our Customer Service team, and we're happy to hear about your great experience.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2017