Patriot Payroll has great customer service and is easy to use!!

Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Tony B.
Executive recruiter
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This is a very user-friendly and inexpensive way to get payroll done. This software has saved our company a lot of time and money. I would recommend this product to small and medium-size companies.

Pros: The customer support is very effective and made Implementation process very smooth. The process for logging employee hours and applying deductions are very easy to understand and straightforward. This product has a very user-friendly UI that is clean and very intuitive, this makes reporting very flexible. This is a cost effective solution for small companies as long as you do not need extensive job costing integration into an accounting system.

Cons: The direct deposit functionality is very restrictive at times and they require that the payroll is processed by Monday for it to be distributed to the employee's account on Friday. Patriot Payroll does use ADP as a third party to do the direct deposits. This doesn't really work well with our paperless environment. After you have entered hours you can not go back and correct any mistakes you may have made on a payroll deduction. This is frustrating at times. You have to delete the entire payroll, edit the deduction and then re-enter the payroll. This makes the software feel very clunky, an alternative would be to approve the payroll void the incorrect check and then re-run another payroll.

by Michele on 20/02/2018

Tony, as of December 2018, we no longer use a third party to manage direct deposit. Everything is seamless and in our software. Did you know that if you are paying your employees by direct deposit, and have set them up with the free employee portal, no printing is necessary on your end? Employees can log in to their employee portal and download paystubs from their if needed, making your payroll paperless. :)

A low-cost Payroll service

Reviewed on 06/07/2018
Marshall M.
Owner / Solution Architect
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It's one of the lower cost full-service payroll providers out there, and it has an attractive feel, and will appeal to business owners who are not full-time HR professionals. The dashboard is straightforward, decently uncluttered, and shows useful information at a glance, with the ability to quickly dive into more information as necessary. Running payroll is also relatively easy once everything is set up, and with full-service payroll, they will take care of all filings as well which is nice. The service is pay as you go, cancel anytime without penalty.

Cons: Running a payroll is a manual process, and when entering hours there doesn't seem to be a method for uploading a spreadsheet or any import process. For some businesses with many employees this would be tedious, unless you use their time tracking service as well (at an additional fee). They offer additional services, which may appeal to some businesses, such as accounting, but unfortunately they leave those menus intact regardless of if you have the product or not. The result was that as I learned the product, I often found myself on screens that unhelpfully said I don't have a subscription for this. In my opinion those options are cluttering up space, I don't need a constant reminder for a service I don't need. The only reason it is there is for gratuitous upsell, which doesn't help user experience. The biggest con for me, and the reason I ultimately chose another service, is the setup process. While I'd imagine it wasn't necessary difficult, it was overly complex, and involved printing documents, scanning, initialing, and steps other services don't require (or simplify) for setting up services such as Direct Deposit. Working with customer support felt like talking to a robot, not a human, who stood behind her curtain of company policies and couldn't engage in real conversation or sympathy for a frustrated customer. In 2018, we have enough robots to talk to, when we speak to a human they should really sound like one.

Great Software for the Price!

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Vickey R.
Accounting Firm Owner
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, Patriot Payroll works very well for my bookkeeping business and I would highly recommend them for other bookkeepers, small business owners, and nonprofits. I was using a very expensive full service payroll software that works inside of QBO...but had so many issues with them that when I switched to Patriot...it was a breath of fresh air! Their support was so much more "supportive" and being able to control the payroll transactions in QBO was wonderful! AND paying a fourth of the monthly fee of the "other" payroll software for better and more reliable software was nice too!

Pros: I use Patriot Software for all of my bookkeeping software because it is reliable and easy to use. It also cost a fraction of what other full service payroll software cost. Their Support staff is awesome and seems more knowledgable than the support reps I talked with my prior full service payroll provider. The payroll reports are easier to run and have the detail I need for my church clients. Setting up the unique compensation and taxes for churches is MUCH easier in Patriot also.

Cons: I don't like the journal entries (JE) Patriot automatically creates when you connect them to QBO. Better account mapping capabilities would solve that issue...but in the meantime I just turn off that feature and enter my own payroll JEs in QBO. I also don't like that I can't assign one employee to 2 or more different locations. You also can't assign more than one pay rate per employee. I have one client that is an employee of the church and of the church's preschool with different pay rates for both. Patriot helped me set up a work around...but it is not ideal. BUT even with these cons...I still love the software and am happy with their service.

What a life saver

Reviewed on 16/03/2017
William R.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Even with the check printing challenges, I love the service. Nothing is perfect. We have been with Patriot for over a year now and our experience has been very consistent. We moved from another payroll service that cost about the same but did far less and had issues several times a year. I feel Patriot Software is fair. Most of the time when companies of multi service options as "piece meal" solution, the company does this in order to maximize the appearance of low cost. With Patriot, it is not the case, in my opinion it is to allow business owners to pick what their company needs.

Pros: Easy to use web interface and good help functions if you need them. Quick service if you have questions with their chat help feature. Very knowledgeable staff every time I have spoken to them. Patriot offers many options to pick from in order to meet each business needs. System just works without issues. If you choose, they will file all of your forms for you and I think it is well worth it. The employee portal is a great tool that allows employees to access their information at any time without using any man hours.

Cons: The printing of checks is the biggest issue we have found. It does print well once you setup. Printer setup is a bit challenging. The second part of the check printing issue is when you print on check voucher laser checks, no matter how you setup, it really does not print info in the right areas. Also unsure why you have to enter a check number on the "print payroll" page in order to download the file to print check with. Check numbers are already printed on the checks.

Used it for a month, liking it so far.

Reviewed on 06/07/2016
Carol M.
Co-owner
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Took me awhile to navigate everything, mostly because we've never employed anyone before. I needed help to get started and great customer service to get me through the process since I was unfamiliar with all that was needed. They took me from New Hire to setting up the payroll. You can print checks or write them out yourself. It's been pretty smooth.
Competitively priced.

Pros: It was pretty easy once I got all the forms from the employees and numbers I needed from the state and bank. PS is right their to help you. They don't send a bazillion e-mails but a check up once in awhile. I have only been using it for about a month but so far so good. I did have the advantage of a friend's experiences with other payroll software...she's been through 3 or 4 so far. So I didn't give those a try at all. They will run my 1099's and W-2's at the end of the year for me. We do need to request some services as they don't necessarily do them automatically. I've had great customer service and they patiently walk me through everything when I need it.

Cons: Sometimes it's hard to know where the online info is that I need.
The "check stub" gives the employee fees as well as the the employer contributions so I cut it in half. But that may be due to the fact that I write the checks instead of printing off a business payroll check.
I would like them to have an option just for commission. You have to put in some hourly thing (I put $1) and then you can put in commission later in the program. So it works, it's kind of like they worked for you for an hour and you paid them $500. Expensive looking hour. Everything is online ( I am a paper in hand person...) so some times I am not sure where to find what I am looking for. However, a walk-through is just a phone call away (a Pro).

Heard About Patriot Software On The Radio

Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Ralph P.
Business Manager
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I was using QuickBooks Non-Profit for accounting and payroll. The payroll add-on was so expensive and I had to file and pay all of my reports to the IRS, and state and local taxing authorities! By switching to Patriot all I have to do is record the transactions and file all the reports of collections, payments and filings. By switching my nerves are settled and calm knowing that everything is taken care of and is correct! No pressure now.

Pros: The cost for the services and the scope of the services provided.

Cons: I don't know of anything I dislike about Patriot Software.

by Patriot Software on 06/08/2019

Thanks for sharing Ralph! We love that you no longer have to worry about payroll mistakes. Calming the nerves is one side effects of using Patriot Software. :)

Patriot software's Full service payroll ---save the time and hassle of payroll filing yourself

Reviewed on 06/01/2017
Katie B.
co-Owner/Office Manager
Facilities Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Customer service is prompt, friendly, and helpful. When a mistake was made, they took responsibility for it and covered the fees involved. Payroll input is fairly simple, though any changes made to an employee's info must be done before you start the payroll or you have to cancel the entire payroll and start again after the employee info has been updated.

Pros: It is fairly easy to use, and if you don't know how to do something, customer support is very helpful and prompt to respond.

Cons: Any changes made to an employee's info must be done before you start the payroll or you have to cancel the entire payroll and start again after the employee info has been updated. i.e. if you forget to add a wage change to one employee's info and discover this during the payroll data entry process, you have to cancel your work, update the wage info for the employee, and then start the payroll all over again.

by Patriot Software on 09/01/2017

Thanks for your feedback, Katie! This is very helpful user feedback -- we'll be sure to look into ways to make inputting employee info more intuitive.

Thank you so much for sticking with us -- here's to the success of your company!

Full service payroll customer, and wouldn't switch elsewhere!

Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Renee C.
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Full service payroll at an economical and predictable price, that does everything that I need it to.

Pros: This company provides full service payroll at a bargain price, significantly below their competitors. I have been using them since 1/2017, and have been very happy. Set up is easy, and customer service will walk you through setting up the tax accounts if you need them to. They pay all my taxes for me on time, and submit relevant quarterly and year-end reports to tax authorities. Interface is easy to use and intuitive. Once employees are set up in payroll, I can run my salaried payroll from anywhere, in about 3 clicks. They have a variety of reports to help keep track of taxes and accounting, free direct deposit for employees, and an available employee portal. Before I chose Patriot, I got quote from two other companies, all of which had higher prices and/or set up fees. I haven't compromised one thing to get my payroll through Patriot, at their very economical price.

Cons: There is really nothing I don't like. Set up of direct deposit through Natpay (a company that Patriot uses to handle this service) wasn't particularly friendly, but it was once and done. If you want direct deposit without any additional fees, Natpay needs at least three business days lead time, and if you don't make that, payroll gets pushed back a day, but, really, that's all about planning. They take your payroll out well in advance of pay date, so you have to have it in the account, but that may be all payroll companies for all I know.

Very affordable

Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Bryan C.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Patriot software has saved me hundreds in payroll and accounting expenses.

Pros: Patriot software is more affordable and easier to use.

Cons: Patriot software has performed exceptionally well. I am sure there are some shortcomings i just can't think of any off hand.

by Patriot Software on 13/08/2019

Woohoo! We love it when we save our customers money! Thanks for the great review Bryan!

Get a real company to do your payroll

Reviewed on 03/05/2017
Chris D.
Book keeper
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
Customer Support

Pros: It is very inexpensive and takes on clients that have very few employees. Customer service reps are EXTREMELY HELPFUL, polite, and very knowledgeable of the program abilities and shortfalls.

Cons: You can cancel ANYTIME, but then you have to send all the State/Government taxes collect to their respective agencies with the appropriate paperwork. Patriot sends all the taxes back to you to deal with. Some taxes are due annually, due the end of January, so if you want Patriot to file it, you have to keep the subscription until that date. Nickel and diming. If you want them to track sick days, accumulated vacation days etc, it is included. If you want your employees to be able to track it through the online portal, that will cost you additional per month. Check out the list of add-ons to determine what is important to you.
They offer QuickBooks import of data, but I have yet to see how anything matches anything on the bank statement. Like taxes are deducted from payroll, they show in a different month than the payroll, and the payroll imports as the gross amount which is not the amount sent to the employee by NatPay. If you use a dummy account in your accounting software (QuickBooks) to run all the payroll functions through, this will not bother you and your accountant will made the journal entry additional adjustments. I could not get my first payroll to reconcile, and it was determined that Patriot made an error and did not collect $ 3.60 in taxes somewhere. I am going with when the taxes were going to be sent to the agency, the error would have been found and corrected (depending on the tax agency, some are sent monthly, some quarterly, some annually.) The next payrolls were done correctly.
NatPay is a 3rd party vendor that facilitates the employee direct deposit. If you enter a payroll incorrectly and want to cancel, even seconds later, Patriot says it is canceled, but you have to CALL NATPAY otherwise it goes through. Be sure to not miss the pop-up warning. I was advised they are working on a better solution to make sure it is clear what to do in order to cancel a mistake payroll that was submitted.
The site is not all that easy to navigate. There are report and default options that may not be easy to locate how to set. Strongly suggest that you contact customer services and they will walk you quickly through the process.
I have worked with 4 different Payroll service companies over the last couple of years. They are not all the same, they each have strengths and weaknesses and wide range of costs. From what I can tell, they all do the payroll functions of collecting and distributing employee payments and taxes correctly. The big difference, besides costs, is what they include in the base price, and if/how they enter this information into your accounting system like QuickBooks. With any payroll service, you always have the option to enter it manually into your system from the paystubs which ensure it is entered how you want it.

by Michele on 05/05/2017

I'd like to take the opportunity to clarify some of your misgivings about Patriot:
1. You are correct, you can cancel anytime. If you do cancel, we do give you any money back we have collected so that you can make your filings yourself. If you want Patriot to file, for you, (we'd be happy to), you just need to cancel after the filings have been made.

2. You do not get charged to keep track of sick days or vacation days. There is a free feature in the software called "Manage Time Off".

3. Next pay periods DO automatically populate. This was a feature we added last year.

4. All payroll reports are under the Payroll tab under "Reports". We have an excellent "Payroll Details Report" where you can adjust dates and select specific employees and/or taxes to view. These can be grouped in a variety of ways: check, employee, paydate, totals

5. Once you run a payroll, a file is instantly sent to Natpay. If you void the payroll, you are correct, you will want to call Natpay and make sure the file has been canceled. Because this is a third party vendor who handles direct deposit, we can't control how their system works after the file is sent, unfortunately. We do give warning in the system to remind you. (We want to be sure your employees are only paid once.)

6. Our QB export only sends by pay date, not pay period.

7. We appreciate that we can make our navigation easier, and our UX team is on it!

I'm having a customer support rep reach out to you to help you with these things. We are here for you, Chris. We want you to be among the thousands of satisfied customers Patriot serves every day!

Top Notch customer service, implementation and good value

Reviewed on 14/11/2017
Vakota M.
manager
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The customer service is the best feature; they are so willing to go above and beyond in getting the software setup, training, and any questions along the way. Once set up, the software is easy to use and is a very good value.

Cons: I would like the reporting to be a little easier to find and more to the point. Most times, I don't need a detailed report, I just want to know how much did I pay out to employees in total and how much tax total (liability and expense) did I pay. Another thing I would like to see is a place to add accrued PTO and have it automatically add the time. Currently, I have to manually add the PTO on the 1st of every month. Setting up the Nat Pay direct deposit was a bit unsettling as there is a final step that must be completed or the employees don't get paid. This is where the staff of Patriot went above and beyond to help ensure that I didn't miss this crucial step. Still, this is a great software solution and I'm happy to have it.

Awesome software...great price as well

Reviewed on 03/05/2019
Professional Bookkeeper (Member\Owner)
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I moved over from gusto because the price. And they do just as much as gusto. I recommend it to all my clients. They have excellent customer service. I have not had an issue with them.

Pros: Price is excellent especially for what you get.

Cons: When sending over to QB doesn't exactly send over as it hits the bank so you have to adjust so bank can be reconciled. For example, the employer and employee taxes are separated even though they are withdrawn as one lump sum.

by Patriot Software on 06/05/2019

Thank you for the terrific review! We love helping business owners keep their time and money!

Great and affordable total payroll and more

Reviewed on 17/02/2017
Jjohn C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have used Patriot Software for several years and love it. It's the total package. My employees handle their own time cards and payroll forms, Patriot handles all the taxes and filing. All my HR tasks are managed online as well as document handling. For the price, you can go wrong.

Pros: Ease of use, functionality, total package.

Cons: The only con is that I would like for it to handle multiple tax rates and tax groups better.

by Patriot Software on 20/02/2017

Thanks for your helpful feedback, John! The employee self-service is one of our favorite features, too. We're constantly working to improve our software, so be on the lookout for even more features in the future!

Patriot Software the solution to put payroll in the easy column

Reviewed on 04/01/2017
T R.
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We needed a software that would handle Payroll and filings. Patriot software fit the need perfectly. No software to upgrade, no tax calculations to handle, no filing to take care of -it is all handled by a patriot. Just simply download the W2s and print and if the employee has agreed to receive an electronic W2 then attach it to their login. They enter the portal and can get directly to it. My favorite part is the no-nonsense filing. You run the payroll and the file. You can even print your checks or set up direct deposit. This software works for you not against you!

Pros: You enter the hours and process the payroll. They handle the filing and all the calculations.

Cons: They were not sure if we would be required to pay SUTA as each state is different. But a call to the state got the information we needed and a call to patriot software finished the setup.

by Patriot Software on 09/01/2017

Wow, we are over the moon from your review! We are so happy to hear that payroll is a breeze for you. We also know that getting all your rates in order is a bit tricky -- our customer support team is always available to help sort it out, plus we've got a State Payroll Guide that outlines specific payroll info by state: http://bit.ly/2iW2JLZ

Hopefully this helps and thank you for being our customer!

Excellent decision to change

Reviewed on 26/06/2019
Kelley R.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We are a CPA firm and our company made a major switch from another payroll provider. The switch couldn't have been easier or smoother!! The customer support team is AMAZING and so easy and helpful to work with. We are extremely pleased that we made the switch.

Pros: I love how easy it is to manage my data myself without having the "support team" have to make different changes. I love the ease and quickness of the quarterly reports. I love the 2 day direct deposit turn around.

Cons: There are a couple of reports that I had been used to getting from an other software company. I use them often, and although I have cobbled up similar ones, they aren't quite as easy to read/use. I also wish that Patriot did the new hire reporting.

Simple & Straightforward without breaking our Small Business

Reviewed on 01/11/2015
Ray D.
Retail
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This product is so simple and easy. No software to install or updates on the software, this is a web portal (aka "the cloud") where you can essentially log in from any computer. Testing this out for 1 month was a breeze. It's not complicated and the GUI is straightforward and not riddled with numerous options so you know exactly what you're looking for.

Cons: 2 things ...
(1) if you made a mistake on a payroll check you can't go and easily re-submit the correct hours, you have to cancel the payroll check and start all over. Somewhat of a nuisance, but I can understand the IT security logic for not wanting this to be "open access" for anyone because fraud would run rampant. But I've made mistakes on checks and had to start all over again...
(2) is they are open from 8a-5p EST time zone. If you're on any other time zone don't wait until 8pm at night when you've got a problem and need some help.

Chose Patriot

Reviewed on 08/03/2017
Stephanie B.
Stephanie
Food & Beverages, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I like that Patriot Software is very user friendly! The site isn't cluttered. The payroll reports are easily downloaded. I did a lot of price comparing before choosing Patriot! They are very reasonable and without the headaches of Quickbooks!

Pros: I like that Patriot Software is very user friendly! The site isn't cluttered. The payroll reports are easily downloaded. I did a lot of price comparing before choosing Patriot! They are very reasonable and without the headaches of Quickbooks!

Cons: If I had to think of a con, it would be that if I'm in the middle of entering a payroll and I realize I need to make a change to an employee's information, I need to cancel the whole payroll or wait till next time. I understand the reasoning, so this complaint is more directed at the user!

by Patriot Software on 09/03/2017

Thank you so much, Stephanie! We put our customers and users first when designing our software. We couldn't be happier to hear that we've made your job easier! Keep sending us feedback--we're listening, and we strive to make our software even better for you.

User friendly/ Very easy to use software

Reviewed on 09/12/2018
Paule V.
RN
Medical Practice, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Patriot is very easy to use software. Employees gets access to update their info anytime, anywhere.

Pros: You have access to you pay stubs are able to print whenever you need them without having to deal with HR.

Cons: My employer has been using this system for over 3 years. I can only remember 1 issue where I was not able to clock out at the end of my shift. That issue was resolved by my employer without them having to call customer service. Beside that, never really had a problem with Patriot.

I am a fan!!

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Lanita S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My Clients are very cost driven. This option literally saves over 1000.00 per year for all of my Clients - and some significantly more. That means so much to a small company's bottom line.

Pros: The price is what drew me in, but then I found them to offer outstanding Customer Service. I often deal with the same rep and NEVER out of country support.

Cons: I would like to be able to add Contractors (1099) to it, but cannot offer that to my Clients at this time.

Patriot Payroll review

Reviewed on 26/07/2016
Prentiss I.
controller
Automotive, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: great customer service, price is 80% less than what we paid our previous service adp.
we can get through to real people and not be on hold

Pros: great customer service, price is 80% less than what we paid our previous service adp. easy to implement, very intuitive

Cons: the direct deposit functionality is very restrictive. they require that the payroll be processed by monday to be in the employee's account on friday. they use a third party to do the direct deposits.(with adp you can do it right up the the day before payday) i think they need to address this to accommodate a more and more paperless environment. also if you make a mistake on a payroll deduction you cannot go back and edit the deduction after you have entered hours. you have to delete the entire payroll edit the deduction and then re-enter the payroll. very clunky. the alternative would be to approve the payroll void the incorrect check and then re run another payroll. :( To get around the lead time required for direct deposits, you can (1) do an ACH from your company account manually - banks usu charge for this feature or (2) set your employees up in bill pay but this also allows any one who might see a bank statement to also see payroll numbers so you must be careful with the descriptions you give these transactions. the data export to Quickbooks is bogus if you are looking to enter actual accounting numbers in to quickbooks

This company is easy to use, and customer service is 100% RELIABLE EVERY TIME I CALLED. Value for what they do versus what you pay is amazing!!

Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Jaime R.
Director of Administrations
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I highly recommend this product. They are WAY cheaper than any other payroll company that I looked into, and the services Patriot Software offers versus other payroll companies was the exact same, if not better.

Pros: I love that answering questions during the set up process was easy. I also loved that the first month was free so you could try out their software risk free. Every time I called them (and it was a lot because I had no idea what I was doing) they were very knowledgeable which made me feel like I could trust them. They never got impatient with me or made me feel bad because I had so many questions. Each representative patiently sat with me on the phone to walk me through anything I needed, for sometimes 20 to 30 minutes at a time.

Cons: I wish they had a 24 customer service because I had more free time to set things up after everyone goes to bed at night. But that's such a slight thing, I wouldn't really count that as much of a con.

Don't wait. Sign up today!

Reviewed on 13/01/2017
Amy J.
Corporate Secty
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Patriot Software is affordable, easy to use software. Support staff is friendly and easy to reach. If your small business is looking for accounting software that is headache free and easy on your budget, I highly recommend Patriot.

Pros: Easy to use and a great value. Video tutorials are very useful.

Cons: The only downside is the fact that they operate on eastern time and I'm on pacific time. If I need to speak with customer service after 2:00pm my time, I am not able to get help until the next day. It just requires me to adjust my workflow a bit. With that said, they offer very detailed online help which includes video tutorials.

by Patriot Software on 23/01/2017

Thank you Amy! We are looking into what we can do to help our beloved west coast customers even more.

Love Patriot Payroll

Reviewed on 05/07/2019
Jaime S.
Clinical Director
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: excellent thus far I have been with them for about 4 years - will continue with them

Pros: some live all the time
easy software to use
can do it at any time
on screen easy to use
make a mistake easy to fix

Cons: wish they would tell you what to put on for state demands versus you cracking your head to find the information -however, they do provide you the links which is helpful but the state websites are hard to navigate

Easy and Quick Payroll Reporting

Reviewed on 21/06/2019
Regina S.
Insurance, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Patriot Payroll is extremely simple to use. I particularly like that it generates my payroll tax liabilities, like Form 941 and W2s for example, with the information submitted from the monthly payroll logs. Prior to using this software, I spent hours working on payroll tax liabilities. Now, it is as simple as logging in the date range for the tax information you need and in seconds, the tax reporting forms are available. That simple!!! So glad I didn't waste time with other payroll software prior to finding Patriot. Not sure if any other vendor can stack up to Patriot's ease of functionality.

Pros: I love that this payroll will prepare my Form 941, W2 and all payroll tax liabilities. I love that I only have to type in the employee's hours and the software does all the calculations for deductions and taxes.

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Amazing company!

Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Beth K.
Bookkeeping Firm Owner
Accounting, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I own a small bookkeeping service. Partnering with Patriot for payroll processing for my clients has been an awesome experience. I recommend them every chance I can!

Pros: It is so easy to use and it takes me just a few minutes to run a payroll. I love the “full service” option where they take care of paying and filing all the required tax payments and forms. Their pricing really can’t be beat. I have gotten answers very quickly whenever I had questions, no being pushed around to someone out of the country that can’t give me a real answer (as with some other “big” companies). They are based in the US and are big enough to offer a lot of great features, but small enough to still care about their customers.

Cons: I do think that if I had a more complex payroll that I might need to look at a larger provider, but for now everything suits my needs.