The Best Practice Management Solution Everywhere

Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Chris D.
Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: 1. The best feature about Mycase is the client portal and client communication tools. This helps us automate some essential functions like sharing documents, court dates, deadlines, and obtaining information from clients to cut down on staff time. Now instead of dealing with "update calls" and requests for copies from our clients are able to focus on other tasks. 2. The workflows feature helps us take the thinking out of the routine tasks that need to be done on a case so we can focus our mental energies on the unique aspects of a given case. 3. Mycase is incredibly responsive to customer feedback. 90% of the suggestions I have submitted over the years are implemented and become part of the product. They release new features multiple times every month and help make a good product even better!

Cons: The one feature that needs work is email integration (saving emails sent and received to Mycase). The feature as it stands today requires a good deal of manual matching of emails to cases, a tedious task. I believe it would work better if they integrated email through IMAP or POP and allowed you to access and send external emails through Mycase, which would aid the sync process quite a bit.

review

Reviewed on 21/08/2019
Tray P.
attorney
Legal Services, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great product. Seems the focus is on other areas besides client connection when client communication and connection is the best part of the entire program.
Streamling

Pros: Ease of use. App. Interface. Design. Client communication and ease of billing.

Cons: Costly, no auto responses capability in communications. So, if I'm not available or out of town and a client messages me, it could be a week before there is a response. Also, if a client messages my legal assistant, that message doesn't show up under my messages. All messages from that client to any in the firm should be able to be seen by all.

by MyCase on 26/08/2019

Hi Tray, thank you for sharing how MyCase has streamlined your billing and client communication. Regarding visibility into client messages, MyCase now allows you to enable all client message notifications for any firm member that has access to that case. Learn more here: https://help.mycase.com/s/article/Messaging-Overview. Our product team has also read and is discussing your thoughts on auto-responses, we appreciate the feedback. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to [email protected] Thank you for partnering with MyCase as we continue to improve on your experience.

Paperless functionality

Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Jill G.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have had mycase since 2013. I used to lug massive tubs of files. Now I carry my iPad and make the other attorneys jealous. My back, arms, and shoulders thank me for the subscription. I have used the service since 2013 and have watched it grow to fit attorneys' needs. The current versions are wonderful.

Pros: I can access all of my case files, police reports, court reports and documents anywhere. I carry an iPad to court. The other attorneys carry a back breaking stack of files. When a Judge thought I had to be goofing around, he was shocked when I showed him Mycase and how I was doing my billing, document review, and communicating to my office while waiting for my turn in the Courtroom.

Cons: It took a long time to get the billing options right. I hated having to integrate with Quickbooks and the sync not work correctly. I finally can print past due statements with a lot more ease. Thank you for fixing it. I would love to be able to access amount due on the road from the app on my phone.

I Switched and Never Looked Back

Reviewed on 20/06/2019
Janaan H.
Managing Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: With MyCase, I'm much better able to track the progress of the law firm, assess its growth and trends and from there strategize for the firm's future growth.

Pros: What's not to like about this software?!? It's user-friendly interface makes it a joy to work, keep an eye on the progress of your case, communicate easily and securely with clients, and, most importantly, let's me spend more time with my passion - practicing law.

Cons: I have two least favorites about this software. First, when I work with another co-counsel or Of Counsel on a case, these partners in work cannot access the client's folder unless I pay for them, even if they have their own MyCase account. Thus, I can only afford to give them the much limited Client access. The other thing is that only recently MyCase started making suggestions within the various fields, I wish they did this more and that, perhaps, they post a video or blog post on suggestions of ways to set up a case. This would be useful for those setting up shop for the first time.

by MyCase on 10/07/2019

Hi Janaan, thank you for your honest and thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that MyCase is giving you valuable time back as well as helping you grow your firm. Your feedback on co-counsel users and suggestions for best practices are extremely valuable, and our product team has reached out to you to hear your thoughts in more detail. Thank you again, we look forward to our continued partnership.

MyCase has made my practice workable with minimal staff and monetary investment

Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Grace S.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am able to work at home and at locations and times convenient to clients; I can offer work-at-home opportunities to staff; storage is no longer an issue since my office is almost entirely "paperless"; I have been able to reduce the number of support staff; the return calls I have to make has been greatly reduced because there is no longer a need to locate files and contact others to ensure everything is up to date; I have an efficient means of tailoring case management based on the type of case or client

Pros: --I am able to access and update my entire case files from anywhere;
--my staff can view the same information I am, when I am away from the office
--it is easy to adjust to the specific requirements of my practice; for example, I can set up a "case" for all my administrative information ("Office Admin, 2018"), including documents, time, and expenses

Cons: --the software allows firm specific information to be input, but is limited on its usefulness; for example, I have a field for travel time as part of a time entry, but the invoice only shows the total time
--the inability to store documents with a contact as opposed to a case; for example, I use a particular therapist on multiple cases but I cannot attach her resume to her contact information; to be rapidly accessible, I must store the same document with every case
--the calendar can only be printed in an agenda format; to print monthly or weekly views, I must go outside the software to a sync'd calendar

by MyCase on 16/04/2018

Hi Grace, thank you for your feedback. There is a way to store documents as part of a contact, and a member of our product team has reached out to help you through the process. We have also taken note of your thoughts on calendar printing and invoicing, and will be taking it into consideration for improvements in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to our customer support team! Your continued support and feedback is appreciated.

MyCase is the most intuitive and easiest to navigate system I've tried out of many.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Primarily, the ability to run my practice as a true solo, and to be able to work from anywhere and be as responsive as my clients need and expect me to be.

Pros: I like having everything in one place. Being able to access everything I need about my clients, opposing counsel, documents, billing, etc. makes it so I can follow up with my clients wherever I am. That's invaluable to me. My clients can pay online, I can send invoicing reminders, and now I can add interest. Calendaring is really a plus because when I enter it into MyCase it automatically sends to my clients and goes to outlook. One less thing for me to remember to do. I need to do better with tagging, but clients can send me discovery documents, I can send them documents to review, we can see the changes between versions. I upload the final product, and my clients get their entire case file as it progresses, and have one location where they can view everything that's happened. I also like that I can tell when a client has logged on, so if they haven't and I need them to respond, I can follow up. That eliminates the "lost in the ether" issues that crop up.

Cons: There's nothing I dislike, but there are always room for improvements. I'd love expanded searchability for documents and enhanced sorting. The trust accounting is a bit of a nightmare for me, so that can definitely be cleaned up. More than anything, I'd like them to maybe partner with some people. I'd love to be able to scan something directly from my ScanSnap to MyCase, or even have a desktop app that I could save documents to that would automatically sync with MyCase. Last, enhanced time entry would be a godsend. If I'm sending a message, it'd be nice if something popped up when I hit send to ask if I'd like to bill for it. Same for taking notes in the clients file.

by MyCase on 04/04/2019

Thank you for sharing how MyCase helps you run your practice more efficiently. We appreciate your thorough feedback and have passed on your suggestions to our product team! We are also happy to share that we have updated our time entry so that you can now create time entries based on messages, notes, & events.

Overall, very positive. I chose MyCase 4 years ago for its user-friendly interface for clients.

Reviewed on 03/04/2018
William Q.
Attorney/Owner
Customer Support

Pros: It provides an easy means of secure client communication and collaboration for those clients who have a computer and know how to use it. MyCase's payment system is affordable and hassle-free (no monthly fees and no worries about CPI compliance), and encourages faster payment by clients.

Cons: Not as beefy and versatile as in-house case management software. Files are sometimes hard to find. (A Windows Explorer-style interface would be faster and easier to look through. Suggest speeding up file list display and searching by chaching the file list and associated details to user browser.) File tagging is easy to do...but not that useful in practice. The new redesign of the client portal, while great for tiny screens, is not as user-friendly as the previous design. Clients sometimes miss new messages and comments. (Please don't change my dashboard to look like that!) One little request for the iPhone version of the client software for lawyers: Please add an alert button so I know when I have a new message/document/comment waiting, without having to fire up the app to check for these things.

by MyCase on 08/05/2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, Will. It is great to hear that your firm is enjoying easy client communication and payments. We'll take your constructive feedback into account as we make updates moving forward. If you have any questions or would like to provide more detail about your mobile app experience, please email us at [email protected] We welcome any additional comments you may have about the app!

Easy and Efficient Case Management

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
M. wayne T.
Co-Owner, Attorney
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I began using MyCase when it was relatively young. As a result it has been easy to master each new feature as it has been introduced. Tech support is responsive and helpful when needed. MyCase continues to add features based on input and suggestions from users and there seems to be a focus on staying current and relevant to demands of law office management.

Pros: From the beginning, it was easy to use, and as it has evolved, it remains user friendly. It eliminates the need for a paper file. One of the best features is that clients have access to their case, documents, calendar, billing and to their attorney. The messaging function eliminates voice messages and most phone calls. Clients can leave questions at any time of day or night and will have a documented answer without telephone tag. Overall case management is significantly more efficient than paper files.

Cons: The creation of Automated documents has been disappointing. The feature exists but is not as user friendly as the rest of the software. The recent integration with Dropbox is confusing as well but I suppose that may be my lack of familiarity with how it functions.

by MyCase on 05/12/2018

Thank you for your review. We are always grateful for customers like you that have been with us since the beginning, and who help us continue to improve and grow. We are sorry to hear that you have been having difficulties with the recent document and Dropbox updates, and a member of our product team has reached out to hear your feedback in more detail. We look forward to many more years of partnership and continuing to improve your experience!

MyCase is the Most Affordable Small Law Firm Case Management Software

Reviewed on 08/10/2017
Susan m S.
President - Owner
Customer Support

Pros: Affordability is one of the best benefits of MyCase. MyCase offers simple month-to-month, no contract obligation pricing a month for each attorney and /month for each paralegal. Another great benefit MyCase offers is Lawyer App which is compatible with iPhone, iPad or Adroid. Accounting features are limited within MyCase but with the ability to integrate QuickBooks, accounting is a snap. Collaborate, create, customize utilizing Legal Practice Management Tool Kit is another great feature MyCase provides to its clients. The automation software provides task template and case flows for repetitive forms via intake which is beneficial for estate planning, probate, divorce, and bankruptcy law firms. MyCase is the least expensive case management software available for law firms and would benefit small firms. Also, MyCase has been adding new features through time. You'll enjoy the time billing, firm reports, online payments, Quickbook integration, document management and collaboration features. I recommend trying the 30-day trial for free and check it out!

Cons: MyCase is the least expensive for a reason and with price, there are limits to features. MyCase is not as robust as its competitors if your law firm is medium to large. MyCase caters to small firms. If you are a firm that bills on contingency, UTBMS or LEDES, MyCase may not be for you. Also, MyCase only integrates with QuickBooks whiles others integrate with Xero too.

by MyCase on 04/04/2019

Hi Susan, thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear how MyCase's many features have been beneficial to your firm's productivity. We are happy to share that we now have UTBMS codes and LEDES billing to help make your invoicing process as seamless as possible. We look forward to our continued partnership and improving MyCase to meet the needs of customers like you.

Great experience overall.

Paralegal, Office Administrator
Customer Support

Pros: The people are great at customer service, I have had great experiences with Leslie Skelly, Drew, and Cat Allday. I like the Reports function and would like to see more Report options. I also like bulk exporting invoices.

Cons: The CMS functionality is great. I would suggest pinning the client to the top of the matter contacts, rather than having them appear at random in a long list. I would also suggest removing the 'Total' column from the Billing -> Account Activity section in the far right-hand column, or allowing the company to reset these figures annually. Seeing such a large 'Total' figure makes my boss angry since it accumulates over the lifetime of using MyCase and it is not helpful. Resetting the 'Total' every year would make it more useful. While the websites department is a completely different division of Mycase, I found the websites to be expensive for the services received. In other words, I would like to have better access to editing the posts and the ability to delete another user's post. (For example, we have old employees who created posts, but since they are no longer with the firm, and we do not have the logins, there is allegedly no way to delete that former employee's posts.) Each firm should be given one master user account with full privileges to allow editing all posts. Also, we should be given access to the Google Analytics tracking, since MyCase controls the data and does not share it with the client/firm. It is terrible trying to track how many monthly users we have, and we are not able to use several APIs out there due to the non-sharing protocol where we do not know the UA code and have no access whatsoever to user traffic statistics.

MyCase Law Firm Software Review

Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Alan D.
Attorney at Law
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: It very nearly has everything needed to run a law firm efficiently, and alleviate stress, eliminate missed deadlines/appointments, maintain communication with clients, and get paid for work quickly. We've used it since 2012 when it was in its early stages, and there have been regular updates and new features added to make it a strong robust system for client and case management as well as trust accounting. I highly recommended.

Pros: Very useful client portal. Clients can login, keep track of their case, upload documents, view documents uploaded by firm, calendar with reminders, make payments, and securely message the firm. Ease of use, very modern simple interface. Flat fees per user. Management of cases, custom fields, reports, and case status information easily updated and available. Free e-check payments from clients. Calendar function for firm to manage cases, and deadlines. Tasks to keep track of

Cons: Reporting on all cases is not quite there yet, but it has been recently updated. Needs to allow firm to save different reports based on specified data. At the moment specific reports based on specific data cannot be saved, must be input each time you run a case report.

by MyCase on 04/04/2019

Hi Alan, thank you for your review. We greatly value your continued partnership as a customer since 2012. We are happy to share that you can now save specific reports with one click to save you time! Please do not hesitate to reach out to our Customer Service team with any questions.

Great product that could use a few tweaks.

Reviewed on 29/08/2018
Nancie W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am going to have to look into another credit card processing that will not link with MyCase which is frustrating but the company that MyCase has contracted with is not good at best and very expensive to our company.

Pros: The product’s google like set up is very nice. Training new employees is a breeze and the software is very intuitive so normally people have no issue catching on.I like the layout generally and the options that you have managing accounting and case files. I love how it syncs with QuickBooks almost seamlessly.

Cons: Th new layout with recent activity as the first window when you pull up a case file is the WORST idea. Very annoying. The lack of response you get as a customer is frustrating at times especially when you put ina request or comment and then get no response. The lack of ability to use other credit card processing platforms is very frustrating given that the PayPros platform is one of the way more expensive options. The app often has issues “connecting” or logging on.

by Emma on 18/09/2018

Hi Nancie, thank you for your review! It is great to hear that MyCase has been easy to integrate with your firm, and it looks like you have recently transitioned onto MyCase payments since writing your review. With regards to your feedback on the Recent Activity view, a member of our product team has reached out to you to hear about your experience in more detail. Listening to customer feedback is one of our top priorities, and we look forward to improving your experience.

MyCase is good for the small or solo lawfirm

Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Vicky W.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have tried many legal organization and calendar programs. MyCase is very easy to use and basic. Our Firm primarily uses the calendar to keep the consults, deadlines, court schedules for each attorney. The tasks are useful for myself, and I can set up due dates and keep track of what I have to do. I also put payment plan dates in there to remind me to call a client if they have not made payment. We also use the billing feature to make our invoices look better. The way mycase keeps track of incoming money isn't the best or most accurate. For example when we bill out expenses, it still shows as income. Also, when you deposit something into the Trust account in mycase, and use those funds to pay an invoice, there are some quirks. We do not use the "trust account" feature to keep track of the real IOLTA account at all. Everything is very easy to use and someone who isnt tech savvy can catch on easily as well. During the use of it, we found that the name of the event you are putting in you have to list a clients first, last name and it needs to be spelled correctly, or you can not search for it in the search bar. Even if you link a calendar event to a case, it wont show up in the search bar. We do not use the message feature or document feature, we also do not allow our clients access to their online case. We just use the program for our internal use only. Overall I would recommend this to most law firms. Our Firm has grown from 1 attorney and 2 support staff to 4 attorneys and 5 support staff. So the monthly price of the program is starting to not be affordable for a calendar program.

I absolutely love MyCase. Ease of use and excellent customer service make it a must-use for solos.

Reviewed on 05/02/2018
Bridget t. S.
Customer Support

Pros: I love the timekeeper, the ability to start several timers at once, and the ease with which you can enter narratives for each time entry. Making invoices is super easy as well, and you can even (I just learned this) add your firm's logo to your invoices. The invoices look very professional, and are easy to edit and amend as needed. There is a "no charge" function for time entries you decide to write off for clients. You can also share invoices via the client portal if you'd like. I am just exploring some of the other features of MyCase, such as the task list, the calendar, and using MyCase to keep track of marketing and contacts.

Cons: I'd like to be able to view detailed time entries with narratives before creating an invoice. Maybe this exists? Right now, I create an invoice, print it out, decide what changes I want to make, then go back into the invoice and edit it.

by MyCase on 04/04/2019

Thank you, Bridget, for your thoughtful review. We are happy to hear that you are saving time with MyCase and finding value in new features. Also, you can now run a detailed Case Time & Expense Report and view more details on your Time Entries before creating an invoice. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or additional feedback. We look forward to our continued partnership.

MyCase works hard to make you happy!

Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Richard H.
Partner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MyCase organizes my life and relieves stress.

Pros: The software is easy and intuitive to learn and use. It offers flexibility and functionality to allow the user to practice law in an organized fashion. Customer support is the best of any software company I have used and MyCase staff actually take your suggestions for improvement and implement them when possible.

Cons: The only cons are there is not full email integration and document production could be improved.

by MyCase on 10/07/2019

Hi Richard, thank you for sharing how MyCase helps relieve stress and organize your firm. It is one of our primary goals here at MyCase to make sure we listen to and update based on customer feedback. A member of our product team has reached out to hear more about your thoughts on our document production process.

Super User Friendly, with prompt, amazing U.S. support

Mary C.
Managing Attorney

Comments: - Client and case management
- Secured client communications, with no filing necessary; all communications are automatically linked to and stored in the client file
- Document management - easy for clients and legal teams to share documents of any size
- Invoicing - Easy, professional invoices - easy to add/delete/modify/mark as non-billable/or remove from invoice any time entry or expense; Clients can pay through their account via credit card or e-check
- Task Management - Really great workflow feature which allows staff to attach a standard workflow to a file, and the workflow automatically generates checklists and tasks
- Calendaring - Easy for staff to handle calendaring; any firm user can view the calendar of another firm user by clicking his/her color block; Calendar events can be easily shared with clients and other staff
- Easy for clients to find - MyCase is linked to our website, which makes it easy for clients to locate and login

Pros: Intuitive, easy to use / multiple ways of accomplishing the same task: I am not technologically savvy, but MyCase makes everything easy. The staff is also U.S. based, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. We have never had a circumstance where MyCase did not promptly help us figure out the solution!

Cons: Like all software, new features take time to be added, but the team is always willing to listen to suggestions and work them into the updates.

User Friendly and Always Improving

Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Mary C.
Managing Attorney
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MyCase makes my practice manageable!

Pros: The software is extremely user friendly, even for a non-tech person like me. I particularly love having the ability to have client messages, file notes, documents, workflows, task lists, time, expenses, and billing in one place. All actions are intuitive, and there are often multiple ways to do the same thing. For example, I can click a button on the home page to add a new expense and then attach it to a file or once I am in a file, I can click a file button to add the expense directly. I have found the MyCase staff to be extremely helpful in explaining the software and helping me best use new features. The software is also very cost effective in that I pay for firm seats, not client seats, so I can add hundreds or thousands of client files with no additional cost. The very best thing, however, is that they are constantly upgrading and adding new features. Many of the "wants" for which I have asked over the years have already been implemented.

Cons: I would like more ability to pull reporting from the Workflows (e.g. pull a client list of all files at a particular status point in a workflow).

MyCase gets the job done well!

Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Enya M.
Paralegal
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Overall, MyCase is a solid case management software! It has many bells and whistles that other programs do not have, but the user-interface could use some work.

Pros: MyCase is a wonderful all-in-one case management software that makes keeping things in one place a breeze! There are so many different functions within the program, like being able to send email and SMS confirmations to client for meetings, being able to share documents with them, and even being able to take payments directly through MyCase. We probably use the built-in Templates feature the most, it's so nice to be able to auto-generate a document in seconds.

Cons: The thing that I like the least about MyCase is how my personal calendar and our shared firm calendar don't always seem to sync well. Oftentimes things will be on mine that don't show on others, or vice-versa.

by MyCase on 13/08/2019

Hi Enya, thank you for sharing your favorite features and overall positive experience with MyCase. We are always pushing to further improve our customers' experience. To help troubleshoot any issues you may be having with calendar sync, a member of our customer success team has reached out to help. If you have any additional feedback, do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

I would be lost without MyCase!

Mary ellen L.
Florida Registered Paralegal
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: This software has allowed me to keep in constant contact with clients as well as better organization of files and time utilized in each. In addition it has allowed me to be prompt with billing and has give our clients a vast array of ways to pay for their services as well as interact with our office.

Pros: I absolutely love that you can interact with your client daily - updating his/her file within seconds. It is convenient to have past cases, documents, invoices accessible at the touch of a key. I also think the report feature is a great feature. This site has made my job so much easier.

Cons: My only "gripes" per se would be that you cannot enter a reoccurring meeting in the calendar. Instead you have to do so individually even if every Wednesday at 9am you have the same meeting. I would love to see this feature implemented. I would also like to see the "closed cases" appointments remain on the calendar, even if they turn a different color to clarify instead of them being removed.

by MyCase on 14/06/2018

Hi Mary, thank you for taking the time to review! We are pleased to share that MyCase has added the recurring events function. This new feature allows you to manage daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly calendar events without entering information for each individual date. We encourage you to keep updating the app as we continue to add new features.

Best Business Software Around -- And We've Tried Them ALL

Reviewed on 08/10/2019
Brianna m. F.
Taxation Accountant
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Not sure who's working hard or hardly working?
Can't remember how many "preferred clients" received discounts?
Want to know how much of a loss you've taken on a case or by providing pro-bono work?
MyCase solves all of these issues and more!

Pros: - The Customer Service representatives are 100,000/10.
- Access ANYWHERE on ANY device.
- Continually improving EVERY aspect to maintain its prestige position as the BEST CRM available.

Cons: The only MyCase change that I have ever disliked was the background color going from dark blue to white; it is difficult for low and limited-vision persons, like myself, to see some of the fine print details. Thank goodness for zoom!

Love it!

Reviewed on 09/08/2018
Kari H.
Managing Member
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: It has streamlined communication between the office and clients. Our clients love the ease of accessing messaging, documents and calendaring. It has made practice and managing our clients and information so much easier. The customer service is exceptional. We do not hesitate to point out changes that we would like to see (either something that does not work or a feature that we would like to see added). It is clear that they are listening because it is not uncommon for us to see some of our feedback result in some change down the line. I cannot say enough positive things about the program.

Cons: I really have nothing to add here. Any time we have an issue with the program or there is something that does not function appropriately, we reach out to customer service and they are quick to help walk us through a solution or we see the solution come in an update at some point down the road.

by MyCase on 10/08/2018

Thank you for sharing your positive experience, Kari! We are always striving to learn from out customers and provide meaningful feature updates, and it's great to hear that MyCase has helped streamline communication within your firm. We look forward to our continued partnership!

Simple Efficient InDepth Law Office Organization

David D.
Attorney/Business Owner
Law Practice, Self Employed
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Efficient law practice. Very organized. Portal for clients to communicate, see updates, and to upload documents.

Pros: Mycase provides a clean and easy platform to record and organize case information. Any case file is ready to review at the click of a button, whether to prep before court or for when a client calls. Clients probably think I personally remember all of their case details. But it is really because I pull up mycase and am looking at their file when they call, whether in the office or out of the office and on my iphone. Clients can view their case status without calling me. Clients can upload documents and message information. It is like having a secretary in the cloud that organizes all my client files and keeps clients up to date.

Cons: The mobile app in the past was static but full of information and easy to use, and extremely reliable. The new mobile app has way more functions, with the hope of eventually have high utility but is still in the growing stage. Can't wait until I can have a virtual office on my iphone. Until, I will continue to depend on the extremely reliable mycase desktop service.

Ease of use and clients love the ability to access their information and communicate with our office

Reviewed on 26/01/2018
Angela A.
Paralegal
Customer Support

Pros: The best thing about the program is having access to every file and every document at a moments notice. We are a fast paced criminal defense office and I don't have a lot of time to be constantly going to the file room to pull files every time a client calls or comes in. I can access it all right from my computer. What's especially nice is even after a file is closed a client may call and ask something about their case and within seconds I can tell them what they need to know without having to go to storage and call them back a few days later.

Cons: For our office the calendar feature is not very helpful. It doesn't function how we would like for it to so I have to post court dates to 2 different calendars but because of that it does always give us a back up for verification of court dates.

by MyCase on 16/04/2018

Hi, Angela, thank you for taking the time to provide this thoughtful feedback. We're happy to hear that you are enjoying the array of functionality and ease-of-access that MyCase provides. A member of our Product Management team has reached out to discuss your experience with the calendar feature, and learn more about your needs in the calendaring feature.

Fantastic practice management and billing software

Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Jennifer N.
Managing Shareholder
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We had been using Time Matters and Timeslips for twenty years. The program was server based, was cumbersome and frustrating to use. We switched to Mycase case after extensive research and testing of other products. Mycase is easy to use, billing and time entry are a breeze and clients love the client portal feature. Clients have acess to their entire file if you share it with them and I can work from anywhere at anytime because I have access to my calendar, billing, and entire files all stored in the cloud. I can easily download the entire client file as well for off-line access. Highly recommended. Implementation was very easy- Mycase will transfer your existing data at no cost.

Pros: Ease of implementation and use, technical support, features

Cons: Billing can be a little cumbersome and I don't like that staff who accept payments also have the ability to delete invoices- could create issues for fraud detection.

by MyCase on 13/08/2019

Thank you, Jennifer, for sharing how you came to choose MyCase to manage your practice, and how it has helped streamline your firm. For billing, if the payment is made with MyCase Payments (electronic) via eCheck or Credit Card, no one would be able to delete the invoice. Additionally, we have taken your feedback regarding non-electronic payments into account moving forward. If you have any further questions or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support line.

Overall, a great product. Well thought out, easy to use.

Rebecca P.
Attorney/Owner
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Streamlines case management, makes communication with clients easier, makes exchange of documents (especially sensitive or voluminous ones) simple and secure.

Pros: I like that they are continually adding/improving based on client feedback. Workflows are a huge time saver. I like the ease of sharing things with clients and opposing counsel securely.

Cons: I would very much like to be able to mark documents as read in small batches, say just those pertaining to a certain case, or just those in a current view. There are times when I have a lot of documents to mark as read, but many of them are things that I have already read and dealt with in hard copy, and they are being uploaded for the client. Having to click into each one to mark it as read consumes a lot of time.

by MyCase on 04/04/2019

Hello Rebecca, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking time out of your schedule to share how MyCase has streamlined your practice and continued to adapt to the needs of your firm. We are also happy to announce that you can now mark select case documents as read from the Case Details page. If you have any additional questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team!