A thought on MySQL

Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Ravindu J.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As currently I have developed inventory system, clinic system, an backend application for a private company to manage huge no of memberships and ads, and a UK company for manage Business Name , Limited company, trademark and domain registrations and renewals. All of these used with mysql its those are running smoothly. Never had any headaches as through sql queries can manipulate easily and had fast responses for even complex queries and for huge no of data Frameworks used are spring boot and laravel.

Pros: Known and used by most people as most secure and reliable relational database management system. Accompanies 99.99% uptime. Nothing to fears as open source. Can have millions of helps through community. Offers a wide scope of high accessibility like cluster servers master slave replication. Provides high performance even for large volume projects. Growing and improving frequently. Best for cloud applications and big data applications. Supports by huge no of frameworks.

Cons: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, openSUSE, Fedora, Slackware Linux etc moved to MariaDB.

MySQL, a Great Free Database Option

Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Austin K.
Help Desk Technician
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I created a custom database from scratch that tracks inventory assets for the company of which I am currently employed. I also created a couple others that track IT tasks and admin activities.

Pros: Easy to use, syntax is easy to remember, database structure can be built quickly and there is a plethora of tools available to help

Cons: Syntax took some learning, syntax errors sometimes unclear as to what the error actually is. Not a problem if using Workbench

MySQL - One of the best FREE sql DB

Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Caleb J.
Junior Developer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I believe your experience with MySQL will vary based on the option(s) you choose to interact with it. As mentioned before, you can use the CLI which is used mainly by power users; however, the average Joe can simply use a open source GUI which will make life a whole lot easier. Just to name a few of the FREE GUI software on the web:
* HeidiSQL
* PhpMyAdmin
* SQL Workbench
All are excellent options to make the user experience absolutely the best.
Ever since I began using the software, I felt this bond with the ease of use, ease to remember commands and a large community support backed by tons of online documentations and tutorials. I would say this is one of my best experience using any software and would highly recommend for beginners and power users.

Pros: Currently we have many different types of DB on the market (No SQL and SQL). I spent the past 3 years working with MySQL and completely feel in love with the many of its' feature.
* Once you become familiar with the features and the commands, you will find it is super easy and flexible to operate. I interact with it via both the CLI (Command Line Interface) and GUI (Graphical User Interface) and just love the experience.
* It has some easy to use commands that are human readable.
* Ton loads of useful documentations on the web.
* It is an amazing open source RDBMS (Relational Database Management System).
* It can be found bundled with many current software stack (LAMP, MAMP, XAMPP) etc., just to name a few.
* You can create and cutomize databases, tables, routines, procedures which will all make the workflow super easy to manage your data with many advance tools available at your disposal.
* There is the CRUD (Create, Read, Update and Delete) features that are simple to learn and master in your everyday workflow.

Cons: Looking at the NoSQL DB (MongoDB) which uses a document type format to save data in their DB, I would say one of the feature I believe is missing or could be improved, is the way data is stored. What I mean, is that currently in MySQL, if the field is not created, you can't insert data as it will not automatically create necessary fields, while with MongoDB, if the particular field has not been created before data was inserted, it will be done on the fly while uploading or inserting data.

lightweight but reliable and effective.

Reviewed on 07/12/2018
Deba O.
IT Support executive
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MYSQL saved my company money on longtime basic and have also resulted in faster processing time from database call and query while its ability to work well with third-party interface application meant that I do not have to work from command prompt screen.

Pros: I used MySQL in a project that was covered under the GPL license thus it was free. This helped My company save a lot of expenses compared to when we were using another DB software.
My adaptation to MYSQL was quick based on my previous use and knowledge of MSSQL which have similar Coding structure and many parallel functions.
MYSQL, been open sourced means that there are tons of thousands of supports and help is available on the internet. I have found this to be particularly very helpful in sorting out otherwise difficult situations.
Reliability of MYSQL is the reason MYSQL is the most used database client and I cannot agree less! Been a witness to its reliability, I can say that MYSQL does what it was designed for effectively…and to think it is always been improved upon.
I have used MYSQL with Apache/Tomcat JAVA, Perl. , PHP and JSP and it Worked seamlessly with them. I have observed that MYSQL works best for me when called from Spring Web Flow either through a Hibernate layer or JDBC though.
MYSQL is flexible, easy to install because of its lightweight and can scale to very heavy DB without the need for additional support. So far, there has not been a need to change to a new database management application for us. The only downside I have noticed is on query time speed. for instance, a query that use to call for 0.18 seconds now does 0.23 seconds due to DB expansion over the period of 1 year which is still acceptable.

Cons: The need for technical support is overwhelming even though you will most likely find help on the internet.
It is difficult to get your actual database performance base on your system specs adaptation like memory utilization and usage during different calls.
There is a shocking lack of documentation for many functions embedded within the program and I had to resort to the internet to uncover their uses.
You are going to have to learn MYSQL irrespective of your previous knowledge of query languages. This can be more difficult if you are totally new to structural languages and querying tables.
The fact that MySQL does not support ARRAY data types means it cannot be adapted to certain situations and projects. I advise you get detailed need analysis before jumping on MYSQL to avoid data type mismatch and project regrets.

Outstanding Database System

Reviewed on 23/10/2018
Owner / Operator
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have been using MySQL for years now to design and deploy dynamic websites and online software. It is one of the easiest and best database systems I have used. It does have a few quirks and things that can get a little frustrating from time to time, but all in all it is an amazing system and I don't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Because it is free there really isn't a lot of direct support for it. That said there is a huge community of users and it is normally very easy to find an answer to question or get help when you need it. This is truly one of the best database systems you can use.

Pros: - First off it is free and open source
- Excellent scale-able database system
- Works perfectly with Linux or Unix servers
- When paired with PHP MyAdmin you can easily work inside your databases from anywhere
- Excellent storage capacity and retrieval
- Can easily store millions of records without issue
- Did I mention it is FREE!

Cons: - Unless you want to be working in a command prompt you need to install 3rd party software like PHP MyAdmin to administrate the database; that said most hosting companies install these by default for you already.
- Some built-in functions to MySQL actually slow down queries to a crawl and ignore your indexes; for example using the DATE() on a datetime column ignores any index in that column.
- Not as robust as Oracle or SQL for large datasets; it will work but it does slow down performance as your data pool grows. Normally this does not happen until you get well into the millions of records and even then there are things you can do to speed up performance but it is worth noting it is not as fast out of the box as other enterprise systems.

MySQL is a super database program and it's free!

Reviewed on 25/06/2018
John A.
Managing Director
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: First, I pay nothing for this software, its open source and freely downloadable on as many computers as you want. Second, it is reliable. Backups are a breeze with mysqldump statements, and restores are just as easy and quick. Third, it is very fast. Do yourself a favor. Take the time to learn this database software. You won't regret it.

Pros: When I first started keeping a customer database, I started with MS Access because it seemed the fastest and easiest option and I had MS Office already. Then I discovered the Linux operating system and decided I wanted to use open source software whenever possible. And the first program I found was MySQL. I converted my ACCESS database over to MySQL and haven't looked back since. This was in 1998. Soon thereafter I found that I could write PHP web pages to display my customer database records in a lot of neat ways, so I learned to how to write PHP pages. I've been using MySQL and PHP pages ever since. MySQL is fast, it has all the features you want, and don't worry about number of records in your databases it will handle all you need.

Cons: I was familiar with the linux terminal when I started using MySQL so that wasn't completely foreign to me. Of course I quickly realized database language is completely different, so I had to start learning select statement, insert delete etc. But since there weren't many complicated things I needed to do (mostly just select statements insert delete update statements) it didn't take me long to be able use the MySQL cli. Although there are GUI tools for MySQL, I never really spent much time on them, other than phpMySQL, which is a great tool for MySQL. The downside of MySQL is you have to learn its language. And that takes time. But then again that's the beauty of MySQL.

Excellent database management system

Reviewed on 16/04/2018
Carlos aogusto M.
Director General
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am a developer of systems under web environment, and in many opportunities I use the MySQL database manager, it is a fundamental tool in my team for a long time.

Pros: MySQL is open source software that allows anyone to use it and modify it. Anyone can download the MySQL source code and use it without paying. Anyone interested can study the source code and adjust it to their needs. MySQl is a relational, multi-threaded and multi-user database system with more than six million installations and is widely used in web applications, such as Drupal or phpBB, on platforms (Linux / Windows-Apache-MySQL-PHP / Perl / Python) Its popularity as a web application is mostly related to PHP, which usually appears in combination with MySQL. This database manager is one of the best in terms of performance since the speed of opreciones is very good. You can be executed in low-resource machines since the consumption of requirements for its execution is very low. It supports several opertative systems and is very easy to install and configure. There are a number of good quality software tools that provide management and development workspace functions. MySQL Workbench and TOAD for MySQL are good examples. Being open source there is a large amount of help on the Internet and this should help to reduce, in a production environment, incident handling times. Also, a lot of information so that your development team can read.

Cons: A large percentage of MySQL utilities are not documented. The support for triggers is basic so there are certain limitations in what can be done with them. By handling referential integrity with non-transactional MyISAM tables.
It does not treat them differently from the rest of the fields.
Privileges for a table are not automatically deleted when a table is deleted. A REVOKE command must be explicitly used to remove privileges from a table.

I started in Access/Excel, then MSSQL. Now: The only DB system we use is MySQL

Reviewed on 23/11/2016
William C.
Solution Artist
Telecommunications
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: A couple lifetimes ago I worked with Lotus1*2*3. In my next life I eventually settled on Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access for data storage and manipulation. I maintained the necessary tech memberships to allow access to all forms of Microsoft software, and built example systems for existing clients in both Microsoft SQL and MySQL. Hands down the MySQL based systems have always won the client vote, sometimes simply for the pricetag and sometimes for the simple open-source power of the community of available implementations. MySQL can work faster and it can work more securely. I have had a few clients who have preferred PostreSQL (because they were already married to it) and we've written a few applications for it. We've also modified many legacy Microsoft SQL applications. Usually, however, we're called in to migrate from MSSQL to MySQL any time a company actually performs any form of study to determine what's best moving forward. The criteria is simple: If the change is due to an internal or external check to find what their best answer is: The answer is always "MySQL". If, however, the solution was determined by "someone got ahold of the boss/owner/CEO and a unilateral decision was made without any other input", then the solution installed was two things: Expensive and short-lived. No joke. This applies to any software that requires data storage that we've dealt with in that last 10 years (IE: "This" lifetime). From CRM to Telephony and Web. I gave up my TechNet subscription over 6 years ago because no client had chosen a Microsoft solution for Server-side operations in three years.

Pros: Cost. Reliability. Ease of installation. Power.

Cons: While I have had some complaints about error locating in the MySQL code we write, I understand that the underlying technology would be degraded by more checks and balances within the system. Plus: This concept applies equally to every version of SQL we use (Postgre and MSSQL included).

Best open source relational database for beginners and experienced professionals

Reviewed on 14/01/2018
Ashish A.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I are working on a recruitment drive management software. I use MySQL database to store all my dynamic application data like user, college, company, recruitment drive, student etc. MySQL provides easy to use interface to make db queries to read, update, create and deletion of data. I got benefit using MySQL in terms of reliability, speed, easy to use interface, simple query syntax and support of joins. MySQL provides easy to understand documentation to understand its insights to get the full benefit from it. I recommend MySQL to all entry level and experienced developers, administrators and engineers. It support all types of basic and enterprise level needs of storing relational data. MySQL is easily adaptable with all programming languages.

Pros: MySQL is the simple, fast, popular open source and freely available database for software developer. MySQL provides adapter to integration to almost all types of programming languages. MySQL query syntax is easier to learn compared to all other database management software. It also support highly complex and advanced SQL queries. It is being maintained by Oracle. MySQL has good documentation. MySQL provides a tool called Workbench to write queries and look in the table data. MySQL provides the indexing and hashing for faster reading of data.

Cons: MySQL doesn't support complex data types like: JSON and ARRAY. MySQL does not support SQL check constraints that is used to validate data stored in a column. MySQL doesn't support common table expression. MySQL doesn't support full outer joins. It is costly to increase connections limit in MySQL.

Excellent relational database manager

Reviewed on 19/04/2018
Matthew C.
Construction
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: As it's extremely easy to use, iv'e had no reason to change over to another database manager. However in theory it is scalable up to 8 TB, MySQL can not work efficiently with large database which is becoming a growing concern for me as my companies data is growing substantially.

Pros: iv'e been developing for a few years now and using MySQL has made my programming an absolute breeze. MySQL is designed to focus on big data, especially for web development I originally used Microsoft SQL Server but chose to use MySQL instead which provides a great opportunity for a platform that is easy to integrate., is easily scaleable and has great data integrity. As i use MySQL for my company, we now have over 300 various active tables processing our data on a daily basis. Plugging into my IDE's for web development is extremely easy and reliable to work with. Because of its popularity over the years, there are solutions to nearly everything in MySQL. The amount of online learning material makes this a simple investment for anyone looking to utilize databases in their projects MySQL is a great place to start for companies that don't foresee using relational databases.

Cons: Porting a MySQL application to Microsoft SQL Server, or to a competing SQL database engine, requires a significant amount work. as MYSQL is not backward compatible. Although in theory it is scalable up to 8 TB, MySQL can not work efficiently with large database.

MySQL is very fast and powerful for small and medium projects

Reviewed on 07/07/2018
Aníbal M.
Programador
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have had many benefits of Mysql, my first mysql for professional use, I have installed many systems using Mysql from content managers to web applications made to measure, I have grown with mysql for many years using it both to work in companies and for particular jobs for companies. clients I have won the congratulations of my bosses as well as promotions and congratulations from my client for certain jobs

Pros: Mysql has been my favorite database since I started programming, it's easy to install, it's simple to find an application that connects to the database and do the administration in graphical mode, many content managers and e-commerce stores use mysql by default and has helped me carry out several projects, I like that most hosting providers have MySQL support at no additional cost. It is free this is important to reduce the costs in the projects. Mysql is certainly fast and light, the installation requirements are minimal and with few resources, I have used it in Windows and Linux without any problem in both, but the host operating system has never been a limitation and I use it in a Linux environment every time it's possible. Something I like a lot is the documentation that there is of all kinds, which helps the administration and the development of new applications.

Cons: I think that mysql needs to improve in terms of the variety of data types in other databases. I find more complex types of data that are sometimes necessary, another point that should be improved is the power of the procedures that I consider limited compared to those of others. Other brands. Since Oracle bought mysql, the community is not sure about the future of this software, so it has created mistrust in me and I do not like this.

The standard for most web projects

Reviewed on 20/04/2019
Main editor
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: This is the standard for most applications online. MySQL is a powerful and professional RDBMS that has almost anything you can expect. At data level, you have: partitioning, text indexing, geo data type (you can search items near a location), and even NoSQL if you need so. Talking about systems, you can set up Master-Slave systems to improve read availability or even Master-Master for high availability. You can build more robust (but complex) systems with clusters too. MySQL has two models: propietary one and Open Source (‘Community’ version). The fact that this is Open Source has made it the most used RDBMS in the Internet, and the most compatible at tools level (you will find plenty of tools to manage your server via GUI, and probably the development tools you are using already work with MySQL).

Cons: MySQL is mostly centered around the server. Oracle (the owner of the product) only have two or three very simple management tools (plus the CLI tool), clearly surpassed by lots of tools (both free and commercial). It means there are no official extra products around the RDBMS, like Forms, Reporting tools or so; if you need them , you will have to look for 3rd party products.

An Opensource Necessity for Any PHP Website

Reviewed on 06/07/2018
P christopher B.
Office Assistant
Higher Education
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: While there is a large learning curve, MySQL is a powerful tool that allows you to manipulate data easily with simple SQL statements.

Pros: MySQL first and foremost is an opensource database management system. That in and of itself makes it extremely valuable as it is already free. Essentially, MySQL allows you to create different databases. Within these databases, you can have any number of tables. These tables can hold all kinds of information. From unique ids to integers to strings, almost any kind of data can be stored in their database system. It runs based on the SQL language which makes sorting data a breeze and search functions are brilliant once you learn the language. I often use MySQL in relation to PHP websites, and it is integrated seamlessly. Pulling data from a database, adding to it, and updating information is very simple using this program. It's a very powerful tool with a lot of features. Furthermore, it also is easy to install on almost any website as long as you have ftp access.

Cons: MySQL is not easy to use. While there are a ton of different features, you need to know what you are doing. It is a large learning curve and can take a lot of time for users to get a hang of it. Once the learning curve is breached, it becomes quite a bit easier, Breaching that learning curve is tough, however. Furthermore, MySQL runs slow on large tables. While this is understandable, updates could be made to increase the speed of the program.

One of the best relational database platform.

Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Thamara D.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I'm working with CMS applications and we are using MySQL database to store the data of that applications. There are tutorials which we can know how to work with and manage MySQL databases.It is a great database platform which will be great for small or medium scaled projects.

Pros: With the MySQL database platform , we have developed more than 30 projects.We are using MySQL due to its simplicity. Also we can create database structure as much clearly and clean.We can easily setup and manage MySQL platform. We can manage thousand of data records with lack of issues using MySQL database platform.Also it is a very scalable and efficient database platform according to my working experience.MySQL is an open source platform which is improving continuously with its communities.

Cons: Main con which I found was, we will get performance issues if we chose MySQL databases for large scale projects which will be difficult to handle millions of records.Sometimes it will take up time to give the results according to query which we have created.It would be great, if we learn MySQL syntax's to get the advantages of MySQL database management platform.

FLEXIBLE DATABASE

Reviewed on 02/08/2019
Ramon D.
Tecnico em desenvolvimento
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We have a financial application and the database used is mysql, we have many simultaneous requests

Pros: Main database, with numerous configuration possibilities, from login type, to different backups and exportation;

Cons: Simple tasks such as INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE, and DELETE are easy to understand, but replication and other tasks require a little more dedication.

My mysql Experience

Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Daniel R.
Consultor Jr
Information Services, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: If u have a small size and medium size business, with data that does not require a lot of security use Mysql for sure and by far the best option

Pros: Simply amazing, the response speed of the query both in the bath and in the phpyadmin interface. The low cost of the resources required makes it suitable for applications and programs of small to medium size which makes it really functional, personally in my previous work and by company policies that only required open source applications and Free, mysql me It was the perfect answer because it had everything, speed, optimization, performance, easy to install and manage

Cons: As an administrator I have always tried to achieve the standardization of all my systems, both in codification and in the behavior of the databases and in mysql I have found many failures that even with (more than 15 years in the market), errors are found without the proper documentation, errors that even the community of oracle and mysql have not been able to solve, to the nomenclature of the errors is very generic and a single error code can refer to several different errors

The de facto standard for relational databases

Reviewed on 16/05/2019
Ramindu D.
Software Technical Lead
Computer Software, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: MySQL has made it possible to set up and rapidly deploy small-scale applications which require a relational database. If effectively managed, it can be applied to large-scale applications as well.

Pros: MySQL is the DBMS you go to for any of your relational database needs; it sets the standard for how a relational database should behave and provides a lot of advanced features as well. With the recent improvements such as adding the JSON data type it can act as a hybrid between relational and document-based databases as well.

Cons: MySQL can be a pain to scale, and suffers from some complex configuration issues.

The common

Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Nairoby D.
Consultor
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience using mysql has been satisfactory, for 5 years I used it together with joomla for the administration of a web page.

Pros: - It is one of the most downloaded worldwide, it is easy to use with graphic tools such as Phpmyadmin for example. - It is very linked to web programming, so, content managers such as Joomla or Drupal place it as their first option, within the technical requirements, the latest versions indicate that they should use the
version of mysql 5.5.3.
- I recommend working with mysql when you are studying or starting in the world of programming to practice the sql language. - It allows to work with relational databases, personally I have not worked with large volumes of data so I can not say that it handles them without problems, however with a web page that stored multimedia
material developed in Joomla I was very good.
- Mysql can be used in any operating system, I relate it directly to windows since it is very easy to install in the famous packages that include php + mysql + apache. - Various adaptations or forks have been generated from mysql, such as MariaDB - In general, it has all the advantages of a database manager, robust, simple, flexible

Cons: - I have read that it does not have a lot of documentation, however, I think that it should be searched better, since the forums are the best allies. - Personally a cons, is that it has been purchased by Oracle. - MySql has double licensing

MySQL - Because you don't want to Pay for SQL.. do you?

Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Michael B.
Coordinator of Network and Technology Services
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Using mySQL and phpmyadmin (my preferred management GUI), has allowed me to in-source a number of services we used to pay for. Freely hosting our SQL Servers and running a number of internally developed programs, or some opensource alternatives have changed our expenditures overnight. You are essentially on your own, if you need support, but have a good backup strategy, keep your data safe, and you should be good to go. If you are looking for a SQL database, MySQL is the first place you should look.

Pros: MySQL can be operated for Free. Yes Free. I have a handful of servers I pay a great deal of money for. But Free? What? Yes Free. MySQL gives you a nice SQL Database Engine that can allow to host a number of databases, tables, and you name it. Pair it with your favorite web app, or desktop app, and you have a powerhouse.

Cons: MySQL does not have a "GUI" per say. By default, you are expected to manage everything through a command-line. Most webhosts have 3rd party scripts, or front-ends to help you with this initial step.
But there are a number of decent tools to assist with this.
For very busy loads, MySQL might be a little cpu intensive.

MySQL is the ideal platform for managing relational databases

Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Taddes K.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Daily use of managing relational data in our databases.

Pros: A terrific tooling and collection of resources to manage and access relational databases. If you know SQL and have a business purpose requiring a relational database, MySQL is by far the most supported and documented (related to Postgre, etc.). Windows or Mac use is well supported with MySQL workbench and other builds and distributions including Sequel Pro and MAMP make integrating with different servers provide great flexibility.

Cons: Installation and issues with versioning, external dependencies and access can be major issues. MySQL is a terrific platform when it works, but you must know a decent amount regarding system administration to be sure you do not cause problems with other services that depend on the SQL server. Being especially careful with updates in relation to language packages with Python, PHP, etc can cause some real headaches. Use either their distributions on the website or brew on MacOS.

MySql in my daily life

Reviewed on 08/08/2018
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I used this product in my daily basis. Everytime i need to check credentials from back end table. Always check the data from back end whenever faced issue on some display. Using in-built function like ranking(), concat(), reverse(), substring(), etc.

Pros: With this product, I can easily manage, organize and manipulate the data. It helps a lot in my daliy life to handle the data with stored procedures, triggers, cursors, functions, views etc. Easil adding new schemas in a table by simply using create table syntax or adding/modifying data with insert/update/alter query. Maximum of my work done from back end (MySql), if data is not coming in the table then i just check the table columns values. The best thing i like kt most is that it is open source application, anyone can easily use it.

Cons: MySQL manages the large amount of stored procedures, functions, views, tables with number of columns but it doesnt handle with efficient manner. Sometimes, the transactions with large amount of data cannot done with good manner, it impacts on performace of the displays.

Excellent Open Source RDBMS to cater small and medium projects

Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Deepak M.
Senior Engineer - Product Development
Information Technology & Services, 10,001+ Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I have use MySql a lot for small projects, and light weight web applications.Its easy to interact and implement. A cloud version of mysql "Amazon Aurora" in AWS gives very reliable and scalable RDBMS features is worth looking into

Pros: 1. Open-source RDMS, also available in Amazon Web Services.
2. Easy to learn and implement, less complexity in installation and maintenance.
3. Cross Platform compatibility like Mac, Windows and Linux,
4. Command line operations are easy to perform, also MSSql Workbench software which is availble on mysql website helps a lotin gaining good insights and manage the mysql database and track realtime metrics like storage , RAM usage, queries per second, connections etc.

Cons: 1. For large data or concurrent operations, it takes a performance hit, and over utilization of resources ,in such cases it is not as reliable as compared to Oracle or MS SQL Server.
2. Full fledge stored procedure functionality not available compared to other databases like Postgresql.
3. Also Scalability is a concern.

The best database management system that exists

Reviewed on 08/12/2018
Jacob H.
Computer Programmer
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: My experience with Mysql has been in perfect conclusion, since I started using this database manager I have always used it, for the creation of the databases of the respective systems that I have coded, and the truth is that the speed and ease that allows you is unmatched, without a doubt for me the best, the only thing is that at first it can be a little more complex because of the lack of documentation but once you know how to use it, you are not looking for any other option, it is perfect for the realization of web applications in particular.

Pros: In my opinion, it is the best database manager and the things I like most about Mysql are:
1. It is an open source database and therefore it can be used by anyone who wants it without having to pay.
2. The speed in performing operations in the database is much more effective than any other that can be achieved in the market.
3. It is super effective to be used in any equipment that is desired since the requirements it needs are low and therefore there is no problem in what kind of hardware the database is being prepared.
4. Easy to install and configure in addition to being supported by many operating systems.
5. Very low probability that the data is corrupted and also its speed and security make it undoubtedly one of the best.
And there are a host of positive features that mysql has, without a doubt the best system for database creation.

Cons: As for negative things, I do not have much to say more than perhaps more documentation is needed about their use and that is not usually as intuitive as others.

Best open source Database

Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Systems Support Engineer - Managed Services
Telecommunications, 501-1,000 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: I am working with hundreds of MySQL servers in our datacenter. We provide telecommunication solutions to our clients. We have a massive amount of web applications. Most of them connected to MySQL servers. We have MySQL InnoDB clusters as well. Working with MySQL is quite easy and less overhead to the Administrator. MySQL has comprehensive documentation. Therefore no need to take help from the community. But MySQL still has a massive community.

Pros: #Open source
#Easy to Install and Administrate
#Massive community support
#Comphrensive Documentation
#Heavily customizable

Cons: #Shared nothing (Architecture)
#Need more resources
#Not suitable for high extensive applications

It's a user friendly platform, short learning curve. Many tools available. Easy to create database

Reviewed on 28/05/2018
Aliriorivero B.
Asesor Inmobiliario Certificado
Customer Support

Pros: MySql is an robust relational database software, Best of all, it is FREE on small and media scales business, it's supported on much operating systems. It's very easy to use and a lot of people are able to understand easier. Tons of online tutoriales. in other words, It's the database for the Web. You do not need specialized help. There's a very big users comunity. It offers fast solution complex database problems for sample the Export Function prove ways to manipulate data.

Cons: MySQL was an open-source database. Since 2009 Oracle purchase Sun Microsystems (including MySQL) for 7.5 billons causing user and developers to begin to debating the fate of the open-source database. MySQL has now propietary and close-source modules.MySQL hasn't changed direction dramatically since it was acquired by Oracle, but Oracle still owns it, which make some developers nervous. Oracle does not accept patches or provide a public roadmap.