15 years helping British businesses

About Dayforce HCM

Cloud-based HCM platform bringing together payroll, time + attendance, and HR for organisations with between 200 and 50,000 employees.

Learn more about Dayforce HCM

Pros:

Ease of setup and onboarding. Integration in all areas of the product.

Cons:

The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce.

Dayforce HCM ratings

4.2
3.8
4.2
4.0

8.0/10

Dayforce HCM has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 963 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dayforce HCM before?

Melinda
Melinda
Corporate Compensation, Payroll and Benefits Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM

Comments: I love the software platform. I was the project leader during implementation and have been the Administrator since. This is in addition to the Payroll Manager, Benefits Manager, Leave of Absence Administrator and Entitlements Manager. I could not do all of this if the software was exceptional.

Pros:

Dayforce is fully integrated and offers real-time data. The features are easy to use and understand. There is full transparency for both managers and employees. There is a full arsenal of reporting and dashboard options so downloading information is easy. While customization costs, it is an effective way to ensure that the look and feel convey your environment.

Cons:

Any changes needed to your set up result in very high priced change orders, even when the change requested is because of Ceridian issue. The service time for these change projects can sometimes be in excess of 6 months.

Alan
Alan
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce makes user experience, reporting, and payroll processing easy

Comments: Dayforce's ongoing calculating options and support for large payroll batches are invaluable. I am relieved to have the ability to provide timely salary spending reports to upper management.

Pros:

In addition to the system's features, I appreciate Ceridian's helpful staff and customer service. Ceridian has clearly given careful consideration to the full scope of the employee experience, as evidenced by the cohesiveness of its many modules. The fact that they interact with one another is a plus.

Cons:

I wish I had been given more background or forewarning about the actual process of implementation. It's a real slog, and I didn't feel ready for it with the resources at my disposal. If I'd realized it was going to be such a slog, I would have made more of an effort to get ready.

Megan
VP Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Dayforce Review

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The full integration. It is amazing to have all components in a single system. The customization opportunities are a blessing and a curse. It is amazing to truly take the system and make it what you need it to be, but on the flip side, it can be cumbersome to have unlimited options.

Cons:

Dayforce isn't for everyone. It is a complex system that requires a sys admin that is well versed to manage the day to day operation. If you do not have this and rely on Dayforce for assistance, you will be waiting for a while.

Helen
Payroll & Benefits Mgr in US
Wholesale, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce - Implementation Beware

Comments: Bumpy at best. Some days I actually say I miss ADP.

Pros:

I like the 'one' database aspect the best.

Cons:

Implementation was very lacking. Nearly a disaster. I am over 2 years in and still have not been able to get everything we originally intended to do up and running.

Alternatives Considered: UKG Ready and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: ADP was unable to accommodate some things we needed and they were not flexible to find other ways to help us.

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: Recruiting module was most robust (the one module we do NOT have running and will probably abandon at this point). We also liked the GL feature - which does work well and was implemented by the one rockstar of our implementation team.

Amber
Manager, Payroll and HRIS in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 501–1,000 Employees

Dayforce User/Admin 5+ years

Comments: Our overall experience with Dayforce has been great, we have used it for 5+ years and don't plan on leaving anytime soon!

Pros:

I like that the system is very intuitive and has many modules that we use and connect. We used Dayforce for payroll, benefits, recruiting, performance, compensation, and so on. The system is very user friendly and easy to use. We also use Dayforce Wallet which is the on demand pay feature and is a huge sucess with our employees.

Cons:

We struggle occasionally with bugs within certain modules, specifically recruiting. When this happens it's very hard to complete tasks.

Alternatives Considered: Paycom and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: We had several issues with UKG (formally UltiPro) including compliance issues

Switched From: UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: The ease of use as well as the full suite of modules available in one system

Dellanne
Lead Payroll Administrator in US
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce HCM Review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Features with-in Dayforce are easy to use and navigate around.

Cons:

There is delay in response from Dayforce time through the Support Portal regarding tax notices being reviewed and answered.

Jazmine
Customer service associate in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce management

4.0 last week New

Pros:

I love to see my paystubs and daily hours

Cons:

When the system is down and we cant access important tasks

Rebecca
HRIS in US
Retail, 1,001–5,000 Employees

DF HCM Review

4.0 6 days ago New

Comments: Overall, good experience with the HCM as a whole.

Pros:

Easy to learn new modules and configurability. Updates in areas where compliance reqs change.

Cons:

Support can take extended time to get back to customers. Projects are costly if using DF support for implementing.

Anton
NEXT Initiative strategy Leadee in Canada
Religious Institutions, 201–500 Employees

Straightforward getting information

5.0 last month New

Comments: I think as an employee requires to complete or access important HR or Finance forms or data, I am satisfied.

Pros:

Simplicity as a user and employee getting the information I need to have about my HR forms and pay stubs

Cons:

There are often instance where the submitting of HR requested forms was not easy or confusing in complete. I dont know if this is because of Day Force or because of asminiatrative set-up but I have to always access it via my companies portal. I cant juat go to Dayforce to get in.

Ibrahim
Quality Engineering Intern in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce as an employee

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Very straightforward and easy to understand. The features all make sense and everything is securely displayed.

Cons:

There can be some confusion between time off and overtime requests and other requests. There should be a guide on the page to clarify this. Sometimes the page times out or does not load.

Manager, E-Services in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201–500 Employees

All in one for human resources!

Pros:

Dayforce is a great platform for many HR related purposes. You can track/assign employee hours and shifts, monitor and approve time off requests, and calculate payroll. In addition, it allows employees to monitor/track their benefits, retrieve pay sheets, change direct deposit information and more.

Cons:

Compared to other software that is payroll only, Dayforce is a little clunky. It takes too many clicks to do simple things like adjusting time clocks, approving payroll, and using it as both a team manager AND an employee. Certain features, such as a manager adding a time off request for an employee, requires Silverlight, so we can only do that with Internet Explorer and no other browser.

Dayforce Response

5 years ago

Hi Michael, Thank you for sharing your Dayforce experience. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts. Wishing you continued success! Thanks again, Michael

Christian
News Editor/Journalist in Denmark
Newspapers, 11–50 Employees

Dayforce HCM Review: A Comprehensive Solution

Comments: Overall Experience Review for Dayforce HCM: Dayforce HCM is a great HR software solution for businesses looking for a comprehensive solution. It has a wide range of features and is relatively easy to use. However, its cost and complexity may be a hindrance for some businesses.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM Positive Aspect Review: Dayforce HCM is an incredibly comprehensive HR software solution that provides a wide range of features to help streamline the HR process. It is user-friendly and offers great customer service.

Cons:

Dayforce HCM Negative Aspect Review: Dayforce HCM can be quite expensive and its learning curve can be steep. Some of the features can be a bit tricky to use and the interface can be a bit cluttered.

Lori
Payroll Manager in Canada
Pharmaceuticals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Game changer!

Comments: It has taken a couple of years to get our feet solid but we are able to do better Workforce Planning and Reporting and are starting to see a definite ROI.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM was one of the only products that could put our Global Payroll onto one platform. We consolidated 5 separate systems into 1 system and it has been amazing. They offer so many different modules we no longer needed anything else.

Cons:

It is a fairly complex system that takes a lot of time to learn. Implementation was very complicated and can be overwhelming.

Lynda
Construction, 201–500 Employees

DF Review

Comments: We are still learning and continue to perfect our needs and our abilities.

Pros:

EE's can share legal entities, ease of moving employees, international component

Cons:

Support, benefits and payroll cannot talk to one another for reporting purposes!! Crazy!!

Alternatives Considered: UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: International component, flexibility, scalable

Switched From: Paychex Flex and Danløn

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: We voted on the best option for our needs

Real Estate, 501–1,000 Employees

Decent HR Software Program That Gets the Job Done

Comments: Dayforce HCM is our main source for anything employee-related and it has been a consistent and useful resource for us. It has the information we need and when we need it, and we can trust and depend on them to provide the functionalities we require. Although not as UI/UX friendly as other software platforms such as Workday, it is a relatively cheap platform that allows employees to do what they need to do.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM is a good HR software program in that it is a cloud-based platform for workforce management and other essential things such as payroll, benefits, and document management. It essentially gets the job done for the common employee and offers enough functionality to be a useful platform.

Cons:

The overall aesthetic feel and functionality wasn't as smooth and intuitive as the previous HR software our company used, which was Workday. It's not a dealbreaker but it goes a long way to empower the user to feel like they understand and to a large degree have a comfortable control of the app in the first few experiences.

Alternatives Considered: Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: Costs were getting too large for our growing company. We received a cheaper quote from Dayforce.

Switched From: Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: Mainly cost savings. The cost to benefit ratio of saving money to have a less aesthetic and intuitive HR software favored keeping the existing software which everyone was accustomed to already.

Dayforce Response

5 years ago

Hi there, Thank you for your feedback! Your insight is very valuable and we appreciate you spending the time to share your experience. Very best, Michael

Bethann
Pharmaceuticals, 201–500 Employees

Expect the Unexpected

Comments: We are overall extremely pleased with Ceridian and our vendor partnership with them. They truly take the time to get to know your business and your needs and help decide what the best solutions are for your business - which may not by the newest product they are selling. We have a very complex payroll, and we have the right solution for us at the present time. We also continue to find new ways to leverage the WFM platform to capture as much information as possible about time, labor and attendance. If you are considering making the change to Dayforce, you can't be prepared enough. You need to understand your own policies and procedures like the back of your hand as well as have the ability to explain the same to the implementation team. They will do their best with the information you provide, but it is up to you to ensure they understand and to test everything multiple times to make sure it is what you need. Keep in mind, the platform is highly configurable. As mentioned earlier, we have a rather complex payroll. We have six separate payrolls that combine hourly, salary, weekly, biweekly, union, non-union, etc. A little of everything. The policies for each payroll are entirely different, and both Ceridian HPL and Dayforce handle it without any problems. Here and there we have had to be creative - but it was still able to be accomplished. I have been working in HR and payroll for 15 years and have used numerous different vendors/software over the years. None of them are 100% perfect. But Ceridian comes the closest. It is the most configurable and provides the best ad-hoc reporting tools out there. We have been able to automate many processes that used to be manual systems. This has freed up our HR staff to be more hands-on with employee onboarding, engagement, and development instead of stuck behind their desk completing transactional tasks.

Pros:

It is highly configurable. It handles changes due to union contracts with ease.

Cons:

The new HTML timesheets have some quirks. I feel hopeful they will be worked out.

Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR.

Comments: HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros:

We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record. From application to hire we only have to enter their information once. We have significantly cut down on our errors and the spreadsheets we used to keep to follow all of our processes. Our Onboarding is streamlined and professional. New hires can fill out all of their documents prior to the first day of work, so that we can maximize our first day with them. And finally Support. The Support Team is world class. I can't speak highly enough about the responsiveness, expertise and efficient way the support team works with their clients! Ceridian gets an A+ for their support.

Cons:

Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

Erika
Director, HR Systems & Operations in US
Building Materials, 501–1,000 Employees

Creating a partnership for the 21st century and beyond!

Comments: For the first time, we are able to provide our Executive team an HR Scorecard with data that is trusted. Because the system is fully integrated each process can feed the next. For example, Salary Planning is completed after performance reviews. The performance ratings pull into the compensation planning feature, which when completed and approved, get posted to payroll without human intervention or possibility of data entry errors. When errors affect employee data and pay, we are not providing the best employee experience. This system mitigated the risk of errors with the ability to integrate so many of our HR processes.

Pros:

We came from an environment that used 7 different systems and did not integrate well. Dayforce's fully integrated HRMS has made a wolrd of difference within our organization. Not only has it alleviated administrative burden on HR, but our managers have more information at their fingertips that allows them to make sound decisions and perform efficiently.

Cons:

I can't say that there is a feature that I like least. We implemented the full suite (minus benefit administration) at the same time, so there is definitely a learning curve when configuring that many modules at the same time. In fact, there are modules that we are still learning the full capabilities of and have yet to fully maximize every aspect of this system.

Paul
Accounting Specialist / Payroll Administrator in US
Hospitality, 501–1,000 Employees

Dayforce is one of the top HR & Payroll Platforms

Comments: Over all my experience has been positive. Dayforce is a very powerful Hr & Payroll Platform that can be overwhelming if you do not put the time and energy into learning it and keeping up with all the updates.

Pros:

Ceridian Dayforce is the best HR & Payroll platforms I have used. The large support community from both Ceridian Dayforce and more importantly the support you receive from fellow customers is very helpful.

Cons:

Constant updates to the platform so much that it is very difficult to keep on top of everything, especially if you have other job duties outside of HR & Payroll. We used to have a dedicated CSR and have one on one personal web meetings so we can address issues we had that were not getting attention by Support and our CSR would keep us updated on changes that would effect us directly. As Ceridian Dayforce has grown this individual support has been discontinued in favor or a monthly webinar where Ceridian tells everyone as a whole what is going on with the platform, and there is very little feedback the customers can give in return. I find these much less useful than the previous Monthly Support Calls. We also have issues with Dayforce when dealing with Tax Profiles of J1 Visa students since they do not have to pay Unemployment and FICA Taxes. We usually onboard hundreds of these employees every year and then have to manually correct the taxes for each employee. We have made repeated requests to support for a way to simplify this with an employee profile for J1 Visa students that would have the tax profile built in, but Ceridian has said this is not possible. What is frustrating is we where using software 10 years ago that could do this for us.

Joanne
Manager, Human Resources in Canada
Building Materials, 501–1,000 Employees

DayforceHCM - One Year After Implementation

Comments: Pros - Our previous system basically operated on a "point in time" basis; historical information was kept in hard copy in employee files. Reporting from the payroll system was difficult and in many cases required expensive custom reports to be written by the service provider. Approximately 65% of our employees do not have access to the company email account, consequently requests for vacation payments, time off requests, address changes, tax changes, bank account changes were sent to HR by the employee's manager. Employees monitor their own personal information in Dayforce such as salary, job title, etc. ; they have access to forms; managers have access to a multitude of reports to help them manage their workforce. The HR/Payroll team have the ability to provide executive reports almost instantaneously - time spent producing management reports has been significantly reduced. Company policies and agreements have been uploaded into Dayforce eliminating the need to produce hard copy documents - this includes handbooks, links to benefit websites, corporate forms (eg. Code of Conduct) which saves time and money - no hard copies required. Time spent in payroll has not reduced, however, quality has increased significantly - more time is spent in value added auditing rather than paper processing. Compliance with legislation is much easier to manage. Immeasurable ROI on employee satisfaction - we spend more time talking to our employees; Dayforce has facilitated a closer relationship between HR and employees - they feel like they are part of something big, because they can see it! HR and Payroll is no longer a mysterious machine somewhere in corporate office. The Ceridian learning tools are awesome - although we do not have all of the modules, providing access to the Ceridian University gives us opportunities to attend sessions and experience other activities that our organization may want to consider. Con: We do not have enough time to explore/implement the many features available. Overall Satusfaction: Dayforce provides everything we need! Recommendation to Other Buyers - Dayforce HCM is powerful and I highly recommend it for human resource management.

Don
Sr. HRIS Analyst in US
Automotive, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Outstanding and Underrated HRIS System - Ceridian Dayforce Review

Comments: I have been using Ceridian Dayforce for seven years now, and I can confidently say that it is an outstanding, underrated HRIS (Human Resources Information System) that has transformed the way we manage our HR and payroll functions. We rely on Dayforce for payroll, human resources, benefits administration, talent management, and time and attendance tracking, and it has consistently exceeded our expectations in every aspect.Ceridian Dayforce is a hidden gem in the realm of HRIS systems. With its user-friendly interface, comprehensive payroll, HR, benefits, talent management, and time and attendance features, it has significantly enhanced our HR operations. If you're seeking a robust and underrated HRIS system that can transform your HR and payroll functions, Ceridian Dayforce is an excellent choice. It has certainly earned its place as an essential tool in our organization, and I highly recommend it to others looking for an all-in-one HR solution.

Pros:

User-friendly interfaceComprehensive payroll functionalityRobust HR and benefits managementEffective talent managementPrecise time and attendance trackingOutstanding customer supportAffordable and scalable

Cons:

Attendance Management: This area needs some updating. Is not easy to automate. Currently not able to view attendance points on the mobile app.

Pamela
Financial Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Dayforce Makes it Easier

Pros:

Ease of use. User friendly. Mobile capabilities.

Cons:

Reporting cannot combine timesheet and payroll reports.

Alternatives Considered: Oracle PeopleSoft, UKG Pro and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: Increased workforce

Switched From: Paylocity

Tyler
CFO in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Dayforce is Great

Comments: It replaced a prior HCM system that was not doing a good job. Users were not happy with the accessibility to infromation

Pros:

It is fantastic. It handles all of our HCM and payroll needs. The reporting is great, never any issues with compliance

Cons:

There is nothing that i dont like . It is a great platform.

Alternatives Considered: ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: Everything was better on Dayforce

Switched From: ADP Workforce Now

Joy
Corporate Director of ops and hr in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 501–1,000 Employees

Transformation

Comments: My overall experience was good. Our implementation team kept us on track and asked us questions to understand our business and processes and recommend best practices for us. I would and have recommended Dayforce to others.

Pros:

Our business was heavily paper driven prior to using Dayforce. We had an older payroll system, no benefits administration, a separate time and attendance system outside of payroll, a manual recruiting and manual learning process. What I like most about Dayforce is that it’s a single platform that will house all important employee information is together. I no longer have managers calling to ask if someone has vacation time available, or if someone took a class. It’s visible to managers at the touch of a button. Dayforce has also allowed us to customize our system to the features we want and need. We are using payroll, WFM, Time and attendance, benefits, recruitment, performance management, compensation, on boarding and learning. It has allowed us to transform the way we do our jobs by eliminating all the paper forms and empowering our employees and managers.

Cons:

The downside is that each module that we purchased is a separate cost. This is a good and bad thing, we only pay for what we need, but since I want everything we need to pay for it.

Julie
WFM & HR Lead in UK
Retail, 10,000+ Employees

Dayforce HCM

Comments: I love using Dayforce , the Account Management and support engagement is fantastic and I have never felt as part of a 3rd party as I do with Ceridian. They go the extra mile to partner with their customers.

Pros:

Dayforce HCM provides a great selection of modules that fulfil every HR/Payroll need in a system landscape. The Dayforce team support companies to configure the system themselves by providing excellent mentoring and support rather than having to ask and pay for configuration each time you want to make a change.

Cons:

The Organisational structure maintenance is not as seamless as other products, but new position management hierarchy solutions are being evolved by the product team all the time and they just need to provide extra support to move existing users to the new process.