Filter by:

• Overall

About Dayforce HCM

Cloud-based HCM platform bringing together payroll, time + attendance, and HR for organisations with between 500 and 50,000 employees.

Learn more about Dayforce HCM

Shreshthi M.
HRIS Manager
Mental Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/08/2020

"Dayforce - HR and Payroll software"

Comments: It is a good product. It is cloud based which makes is highly desirable during the pandemic. Customer support is also very helpful.

Pros: A lot of features are easy to adapt and there is less of a learning curve. The software can be used for a host of HR functions from payroll to recruitment, LMS, performance management and more.

Cons: The system has a vast number of features and one needs to rely on a consultant for customization. Advanced knowledge of software engineering is necessary while creating reports or XML forms.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Switched From: Workday HCM

• Reviewed on 11/08/2020
Stacy L.
Payroll Master
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/07/2018

"Great HCM product that will save your company labor costs and help you in every aspect of HR & Payroll"

Comments: I LOVE the system! We just went through the Thomas fire in Southern California and without this system we would not have been able to communicate with our staff. While we were being evacuated, I was trying to send payroll and if we were still with ADP we never would have been able to. I would have had 750 employees that were evacuated, some had lost everything and they would not have gotten paid. Dayforce literally saved the day for everyone. We were closed for 5 weeks and without the messaging capability through Dayforce, we wouldn't have been able to communicate with our staff. I was able to check on employees and answer questions while I too was evacuated. The system gave us some relief in a time that was scary, emotionally draining and stressful. The gratitude I have for making this switch from ADP to Ceridian before the fire happened, can't be put into words. Other payroll professionals will know the stress of not being able to send a payroll, but in the worst time for me I did not have that stress. The system offers so much and no other Payroll & HR software provider even comes close.

Pros: Robust system, everything is in 1, constantly enhancing the system, Insights conference is AMAZING, XOXO website lets you communicate with other customers and is hands down a game changer

Cons: Because the system is so robust, the implementation is hard, reporting is outdated and formatting is not the best.

• Reviewed on 04/07/2018
Lori K.
Payroll Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Dayforce has everything we need in a HCM product"

Comments: I love Dayforce and would highly recommend it to any organization looking for a cloud based Human Capital Management System. (It has lowered our monthly costs for our payroll process.) :)

Pros: Dayforce has been great for all our time and attendance needs. We just implemented the payroll module which has now replaced an old outdated system. It has saved us time processing payroll therefore saved us money. It's also been great for allowing our employees to record project coding hours for units they have worked on for the purpose of billing our customers for labor costs. Exporting and importing can be set up automatically or done manual for all reporting requirements. I love Dayforce!

Cons: The only issue I have with Dayforce is the reporting aspect. Any reports that are configured that come with the implementation are set up and ready to go. But when trying to make one of my own it's by trial and error. I have taken one of their free training seminars, but need to revisit it to see what I'm doing so I can correct things.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Andria M.
Payroll & Benefits Administrator
Insurance, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Probably more cons at this point than pros"

Comments: It is a single platform and we are still working to integrate each module to the full potential.

Pros: It is pretty easy to use and it is a clean looking platform.

Cons: Some of the things I like least about the software are the custom reports (creating can be difficult as I can't pull in all the fields I believe I should be able to from the employee profile - i.e. GL splits); I am finding the mid-year HSA enrollment changes to be very difficult (employees find it difficult as well); and the GL setup is not conducive to making manual changes during the year. I have to constantly contact support to make changes and go through multiple tests just to get to where we need to be for reporting.

Lisa R.
Sr. Payroll Specialist
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2019

"Best HCM I've used!"

Comments: Our HR/Payroll functions have improved dramatically. We were 90% paper-based and now I would say we are 15% paper based or less. It was a lot of work to implement Dayforce for a 4000+ employee company but it was so worth it.

Pros: Single platform HCM with real time functionality, promotes paperless HR/Payroll processing, makes payroll processing a breeze, Ceridian constantly enhances the product and listens to customer feedback

Cons: It's been challenging going from the Silverlight-based functions to the HTML because we were used to using the Silverlight modules but now that we're getting used to the new HTML modules I really like them. The challenging part about getting used to the new HTML modules is we had just implemented Dayforce so we were still getting used to the software itself and then we had to get used to a new version in HTML which had a different look/feel.

by Ceridian on 12/07/2019

Hi Lisa,

Thank you kindly for your review! We are delighted you are having a wonderful experience with Dayforce.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2019
Angie M.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018

"Innovative and customizable total HR solution"

Pros: Ceridian was able to customize the solution to fit my unique business needs. The other HRIS providers were not willing to make changes in their offerings and instead pushed an "one size fits most" product. The solution has automated our payroll, recruitment, onboarding, HR, benefits, document management, performance management process and more. Ceridian has now become a daily stop for our employees and has significantly reduced the administration work for our payroll and HR teams. Whats more, the product has enhanced our security and privacy by transiting to a secure software program instead of using paper and excel spreadsheets.

Cons: Turn around time for customer solution tickets could be improved. Sometimes when little things need to be tweaked the customer needs to submit a ticket to their client solutions team. On average the turn around time has acceptable but on occasion could be faster.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2018
Alex N.
Program Leader
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2020

"Complete timekeeping app"

Comments: I've been using the Dayforce app for years now and I have come to like it. It took some time to get used to but I think it is the complete software and app for managing the time of employees of an organization. I like the ability to have shortcuts on the home screen and that it allows me to use my fingerprint to sign in. The most notable issue was the initial on-boarding process. It was a hassle because the proper username format was unclear causing a delay in getting hundreds of employees set up.

Pros: Easy connection and set up
Fingerprint use to sign in
Saves my username
Ability to receive messages from HR
App interface allows you to set up shortcuts
Can view abbreviated version of paystub
Geolocation feature

Cons: The layout of the software is a little overwhelming at first until you learn where to find everything.
Username has to be exact, some people include middle initial and some dont-trial and error to find out

• Reviewed on 29/09/2020
Barbara L.
Vice President Human Resouorces
Plastics, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2017

"Dayforce makes my job easier"

Comments: We have been using Dayforce for a little more than three years. We use it as a North American tool, whereby we are able to report on all employees regardless of where they are located. We continue to find new ways to define and segment pay categories so that we can drill down and report on various cost areas. While many of our hourly employees do not always have access to a computer, the Dayforce app makes reviewing pay information (the most important to them) readily available and almost everyone has an android or iPhone.

Pros: Reporting is fairly easy. Easy to manage both payroll and benefits. Carrier feeds are very important in reducing administrative time. Ability to pull payroll registers is extremely helpful. Ability to request information in different formats (PDF, Excel) is also important.

Cons: Ability to customize or move things on the screen. Some of the job/position fields are a bit misleading, but that may be because of the way we set them up.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2017
Pamela B.
Pamela B.
Human Resource Generalist
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"Small company, big vision"

Comments: Wonderful, streamlined and I love that you believe that I am capable of learning so much more than I thought was possible. Total solution that has catapulted us into the future!

Pros: Flexibility coupled with cutting edge technology is allowing me to produce reporting and analytics our firm never thought was possible. At the same time, I am replacing all my manual processes with streamlined automation saving time and money. Finally, I am greatly increasing our professional culture in and outside the firm. My firm will never outgrow this solution. Love, Love, LOVE my Dayforce!

Cons: The only opportunity I see is the space between go live and what come next. With so much training material available, it hard to figure out a succinct plan for turning on the rest of the solution. A clear cut plan or guided track to bring you through the videos and then the correct guide would be helpful. I end up bouncing from guide to dig and guide and watching a video a couple of times to get things rolling.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
HR Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1,000 Employees

"Great HCM"

Comments: Overall, very happy. Have implemented about 80% of the functionality. And we continue to update.

Pros: Very robust. One single system makes the entirety of the product seamless. Changes in one area are automatically updated to others. No integration!

Cons: Implementations are always tough. This one was no different. Although, it was one of the better ones I have done.

Alternatives Considered: UKG Ready and UKG Pro

Reasons for Choosing Dayforce HCM: Paychex was not a good fit for our size company

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: Overall functionality, look and feel

Cathy H.
Payroll Manager
Fishery, 5,001-10,000 Employees

"Payroll commit process"

Pros: The ability within Payroll to view all the pay groups at once and lock, validate and commit at the same time

Cons: I find the reporting feature to be too complicated. I wish I could just select all Topics and fields as I choose

Kimberly S.
Sr Staff Accountant
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"Switch to Paper Free"

Comments: With a thorough implementation process and the right amount of training, this software has been beneficial to our organization to improving our processes and switching to paper free.

Pros: We have switched from paper timesheets that were keyed by payroll staff to now employees enter their data into the software. The timesheets in the software are then easily reviewed and approved by managers before being processed by payroll staff. Our employee count has grown substantially over the past few years and we have managed to keep the payroll team small by switching to Dayforce.

Cons: There are areas of the software that are not very user friendly. Without completing a training webinar, it is very difficult or impossible to figure it out on your own and complete the required steps with accuracy.

• Reviewed on 15/10/2018
Tonia B.
Associate Manager, Human Resources
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2019

"One system for all HR"

Comments: The system is easy to use and provides all of your employee information in one place.

Pros: I like that all employee data is in one place.

Cons: I get frustrated with the reporting function.

Alternatives Considered: ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Switching to Dayforce HCM: We were looking for a system with one database and was easy to use.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2019
Julie B.
HR Specialist
Professional Training & Coaching, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Ceridian Dayforce HRMS"

Comments: Our HR and Payroll departments are finally able to work in the same software. We always had two separate softwares in the past and they didn't link/communicate with each other. Moving to Ceridian Dayforce has made life easier and removed the data entry duplication. We have access to excellent reports too.

Pros: Ceridian Dayforce are continually improving and adding/updating features. They also create new modules but they come at a cost.

Cons: The first few years, ironing out the 'wrinkles' of a poor implementation. I hear the implementation experience is much improved since we purchased the software five years ago.

by Ceridian on 17/04/2019

Hi Julie,

Thanks so much for sharing your Dayforce experience. We really value your feedback and wish you continued success!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Jeanine J.
Vice President, Human Resource Operations
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

"Benefits Administration"

Comments: We are using Dayforce for benefits and payroll currently. We have a different system as our system of record. We are in the process now of building the business case to transition everything to Dayforce because of the major issues we have experienced. The benefits of having everything in one system are immeasurable. One system provides for a seamless user experience and will allow us to maximize the functionality, especially with all the great changes coming in 2020.

Pros: I never took a day of training but was able to navigate the system and end date benefits for employees. Open enrollment is a breeze with this new system.

Cons: I haven't experienced anything that I disliked so far. The system is intuitive and easy to use.

Bobbi B.
Manager-payroll, benefits, HRiS
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Dayforce"

Pros: once your past implementation the package is nice and very useful

Cons: implementation is less than great, at times, most times, very frustrating

Alternatives Considered: RUN Powered by ADP

Samantha N.
Workforce Management Analyst
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2017

"Plenty of Functions - Not Quite Intuitive"

Comments: There is a lot of potential with this product, however the most useful features are limited to those with universal access; most managers at my workplace do not have the authorizations to access advanced reporting that would be extremely helpful. Furthermore, while there is a lot of functionality, it is not quite intuitive enough. I found it easy to navigate but probably due to my prior experience with similar software. Managers here struggle to make full use of it and spend more time, rather than less, on things like scheduling, authorizing time sheets, and the like.

Pros: -Advanced reporting capabilities
-Automation features to save time
-Both Time Management and Payroll in one program is very beneficial

Cons: -Not as intuitive as it needs to be
-Most beneficial functions are locked to those with high-level access
-More complicated than necessary in some ways, which means it takes more time to navigate and utilize than necessary

• Reviewed on 07/11/2017
Sophia C.
Technical Analyst St
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2017

"Growing with Dayforce"

Comments: We are growing our workforce and Dayforce has joined with us to help keep up with with out pace.
We have a great relationship with our product manager, Pamela Schaffer, she keeps us in the loop for upcoming training and events, she ensures we have the ability to resolve our issues by assisting as needed and escalating issues when needed.
Ceridian events such as Insights provides opportunities to network with others in our industry as well as on sight training

Pros: Front end ease, ability for administrators to configure system to meet our needs

Cons: The 9/80 work ability needs additional research to meet expected results

• Reviewed on 03/02/2017
Front end shift lead
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2019

"Gets the job done"

Comments: It's pretty simple and user friendly the app doesn't really allow you to make changes to the schedule or timesheets. But the website does, not very mobile friendly though. It does allow me to look at a schedule by day so that's helpful. Overall would like more functions to be available but it gets the job done

Pros: It's pretty easy to use. App functions are limited by company but for the most part it's simple and user friendly.

Cons: The scheduling format doesn't have the best functions. Doesn't allow you to change employee once they have been categorized. And cant categorize them under two categories. (I.e. cashier is only cashier and stocker is only a stocker can't be classified as both)

by Ceridian on 22/02/2019

Thanks so much for sharing your review. This is very valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Thanks again,

• Reviewed on 06/02/2019
Emily J.
Digital Editor
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2018

"Good if you need basic, cheap software; a joke otherwise"

Comments: I had a love/hate relationship with it. It was easy to log in and out, the basis of the system to track employee hours. Many times in 2016/2017, the software wouldn't read those clicks though, so myself or colleagues would be working for several hours or off work for several hours only to realize our logging in or out hadn't took. Then we'd have to bother our boss to do it, who was hostile about doing so. Having worked in tech, I understand bug issues, but this is a big one to have. The software is affordable, which is why our company chose it. If the bug issues were resolved for good, I'd feel more confident recommending it.

Pros: I liked that the buttons were big and accessible and easy to see, and that they later modified different types of clocking in and out (lunches, etc). When they updated the software, you could tell they tried (and succeeded, partially) in simplifying some of the screens for users.

Cons: Past versions of Dayforce would freeze up a bit. Also, any time anything went wrong (sometimes a log in or out didn't take, sometimes a time would need to be edited) the manager or boss would have to personally modifying these issues. Under good management, this wouldn't be an issue. Under bosses who can barely handle stress and take systems errors out on their employees, it's a complete nightmare situation. This is where Dayforce could really look beyond coding issues and consider how to socially engineer better customer service solutions so even technically challenged supervisors can use the system easily.

• Reviewed on 15/12/2018
Nicholas H.
Nicholas H.
Retail Associate
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Scheduling made easy"

Comments: I have been very enthusiastic about Dayforce from the moment I began my work that utilized this software. I've had no issues with this software and hope other companies get one board!

Pros: I can view my work schedule as it is posted right from the app on my phone. I can also make time off requests, view my next pay date, my next scheduled shift, view my availability, and my earnings, all in one place. There isn't much you can't do with this software and the visual presentation is well organized and appealing to workers of any age!

Cons: I wish there was a feature to view the rest of the staff's schedule as an employee so I could know who I could potentially trade shifts with if something comes up, but other than that I love this software!

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
David C.
David C.
Supervisor
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2018

"Dayforce is a convenient application that helps manage employees with their scheduling."

Comments: It was a convenient way to see my hours and my earnings at work. It was easy to see important information quickly and conveniently.

Pros: The application is super simple and easy to use. The sign-up is based on the information provided by managers and once logged in, the application is secure and has a easy to use interface. The work calendar is simple and shows what the schedule is and what the employee's shift is. Every action in the app makes sense and the menus are descriptive to what they do.

Cons: The manager has to properly setup Dayforce or the application is essentially useless. The application is basic and has the necessary features, but it is missing customization for more advanced setups. The application is missing push notifications for important reminders and requires an outside calendar application for reminders.

• Reviewed on 13/07/2018
Optometric Assistant
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"Good experience Dayforce was used for scheduling at a company I was a manager for."

Comments: Quicker ease of access scheduling. Less hassle for the managers as well as the employees. You are also able to use it from home or with the phone version. I did find it was slower on the phone and not as user friendly as just using it on the work computers.

Pros: I like that its easy to learn. Your staff can log on from home and get quick up to date changed with their schedule. I also like how each person can go in and update their availability. When you are managing a retail store with college kids it can be a hassle to get everyone's schedules down especially once exams start. Dayforce takes a lot of the guessing and extra hassle out of scheduling.

Cons: It can be a bit confusing with the colors to see what you are looking for with ease. Can be a bit slow when you are trying to enter a lot of information in at a time.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Moved to Ceridian Dayforce to combine HR and Payroll functions"

Pros: Dayforce allows our teams to manage Time off requests, payroll requests (including the standard tax forms, direct deposit), and other HR data. Sad to say we had a three systems all doing these same tasks independently and to the detriment and frustration for the teams that manage all of this. Enter Ceridian Dayforce which allowed us to have full integration. Our managers have given positive feedback on the reporting and management of requests and changes. Our teams are more efficient and responsive now that we have implemented.

Cons: We still want there to be easier integration with performance management. We want to be able to store performance data, mid-year and annual reviews, and monthly notes based on manager interactions with team members. Hopefully this will be functionality that will exist soon.

by Ceridian on 15/04/2019

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Stephen M.
Senior Benefits Specialist
Oil & Energy, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"Dayforce From a Benefits Perspective"

Comments: It has been good. Implementing the system was tough but once it has been established it has worked well.

Pros: The report feature is easy to navigate. It allows you to pull the necessary fields to verify data that is sent to vendors as well as comparing benefit deductions to enrolled benefits. After your first open enrollment, it is simple to create the new open enrolment the following year.

Cons: It tends to be slow when logging into he system. When you have employees on the phone that are asking questions about their benefit, it could take a minute sometimes to log in. It also times you out very quickly.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018