• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5

About Kashoo

Small business accounting made easy. Send invoices, collect payments, track expenses, create reports & make better financial decisions.

Learn more about Kashoo

Esther G.
Business Owner
Photography, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Good alternative to Quickbooks"

Comments: Kashoo is helping us keep all our finances straight. We run all our accounts receivable and accounts payable through Kashoo to keep up with our bottom line.

Pros: I like their online tutorials. I have zero accounting experience, but Kashoo's tutorials have helped us to understand what and how we need to track our business finances. I also really like how detailed it it once you get the hand of how to use it. I can see at a glance how we are doing financially.

Cons: There is a pretty steep learning curve, especially if you don't have any accounting experience at all. I found it to be very, very confusing. The tutorials helped, for sure, but there was still a lot of back and forth with customer service who seemed to get annoyed with all our questions, especially since we have NO accounting experience.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Aryana R.
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"I love Kashoo's Customer Support"

Comments: Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy. That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

Pros: Their customer support and that it is cloud-based. The price is excellent. It is easy to set up a Chart of Accounts too. It important my transactions from my bank and CC is easy.

Cons: That I can't create import rules. I would change the category but Kashoo wouldn't memorize it. Quicken enables you to create memorized categories.

• Reviewed on 20/11/2020
Jeff K.
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2016

"I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business"

Comments: Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request) The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine. Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base. My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pros: Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Cons: I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2016
Glenn G.
Business owner
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"Review kashoo"

Comments: I can see up to date my statement income monthly or yearly and compare, so i can adjust strategy when i want. Program everything up front bills. Find receipt paid , clients that buy on credit, when to call them. Bills to pay.
Can comepair booking with my bank statement, do monthly tax payment, download documents in exel, pdf etc

Pros: Its a simple to use day by day administration program. 24 hours eccess any where in the world. Get all financial information how your business is doing.

Cons: If your not good in english it will be hard to understand most instruction , like setting up certain things to get going, personaly i dont go to deep in setting up complicated administration things i dont understand, but when i have to you can get online help , only on working hours, not 24 hour. Maybe some more after hours asistance can come out handy, depens in which time zone you living.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2019
Stuart O.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Very easy to use."

Comments: Very intuitive software. I have been a CPA for over 40 years. Great for clients "on the go" to maintain accurate records. I use it for all my own personal use as well.

Pros: Portability, ease of use.

Cons: Would like to see more selectivity in reports.

by Kashoo on 30/01/2017

Stuart,
Thanks for the review. I am going to reach out to you directly to find out what is happening with your log-in process it should be a few seconds at most.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2017
Keisha T.
Owner & Yoga Coach
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2015

"Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!"

Comments: My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client.
I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

• Reviewed on 27/08/2015
Zev S.
Program Development, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2019

"Great accounting software that does everything I need"

Comments: I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pros: Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Cons: I would like to see updates more frequently.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2019
Dave V.
Founder and Arts Chaplain
Music, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Great Canadian Accounting software"

Comments: I've used Kashoo to track my finances as a professional musician for a few years now and it has never let me down. It's very fast to get in and out and do what I need to do. I love being able to support a Canadian company, in Canadian dollars :) Support has been very responsive when I've needed it.

Pros: Kashoo is very clean and lightweight. Not flashy, but that makes navigating the web app and iPhone app snappy.

Cons: Lacks some of the bells and whistles of the 'big boys' in this space - like integrations with other services. That's not something I need right now, but could be useful in the future. Kashoo's design can seem lacklustre at first. There's power in that, but it's not nearly as friendly-looking as Freshbooks, for example.

• Reviewed on 07/09/2018
Adam M.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"Good. Would be great IF..."

Pros: Ease of use.
Customer service is good Everytime I need them.

Cons: No Android app. Ridiculous.
Needs dual layer security for login.

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Chris B.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2019

"Better than Quckbooks Online"

Pros: Ease of use and has a some great features that I could not get with quickbooks online.

Cons: The fact that it does not work on android.

Alice B.
Lawyer
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Happy to Support Canadian"

Comments: Generally fine. I don't like that they doubled my fee last year and I am still considering moving elsewhere but haven't had time to test the other options.

Pros: I like that it's in the cloud and accessible anywhere. The customer service is also very responsive

Cons: It has some quirks that are not intuitive, and a few random software glitches. I have no fear for the security of my data but as a non-accountant/bookkeeper I struggle with a few things.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Angie F.
Owner/Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/12/2016

"Ease and Affordability"

Comments: Kashoo is easy to use, and affordable. It makes my bookkeeping simple, and easy. I have used it for many years now, with great success.

Pros: Ease and affordablitiy

Cons: I need to learn more about the software, but it is my own time I need to manage.

• Reviewed on 13/12/2016
Jeff N.
owner / manager
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Great small business accounting option"

Pros: Easy set up, nice layout, and good mobile app (iPhone). The web app offers project management as well.

Cons: The inability to assign entries to specific projects from the mobile app seems a bit baffling and frustrating.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2019

"Good Software Overall"

Comments: It's great to have a centralised place to track and record all your bookkeeping which will make the year end much easier.

Pros: Great integration with Stripe conveniently invoice clients directly from the software

Cons: Limited selection of invoice templates that are horrible looking and not easily branded with your company logos .The account codes in the accounting ledger have to be changed manually if you want to align with your countries standardization.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2019
Chris B.
Accounting
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2019

"Easy to use, glad to have it!"

Pros: I like the clean easy to use interface, quick data entry, project-based support, and customizable controls.
Bank reconciliation is painless as well, which makes that step an easy task instead of something to put off until later!

Cons: I really dislike that the multi-currency support completely cripples the Mobile App. It's forced us to use a less efficient workflow, which loses critical data related to exchange rates.

Monique D.
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Kashoo with my agency"

Comments: Overall all i'd recommend this saas. if you're looking for an accounting software. Kashoo is good to use.

Pros: The UX/UI is easy to use, only took a hour to get familiar & set up everything. I needed a accounting software.

Cons: The support is very delayed. Sometimes would take a couple of weeks for they to answer a problem i would be having. They did state they would get back with me.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Kathi J.
CEO and President
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2015

"So simple anyone can use it"

Comments: I love Kashoo! I really like its simplicity of use, the ongoing training, great support whenever you need it, and Kashoo seems to care about the little guy, in my case gal. Don't get me wrong, there is room for improvement, there always is, but all-in-all this is a great improvement over my Excel spreadsheet and keeps getting better.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2015
Paul G.
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2015

"Love the bank feeds"

Comments: The price and usability attracted me to try using Kashoo for managing my family trust. Since I have started I have never looked back. It is easy to use, the price is realistic and the few times I have needed some support the team at Kashoo responded quickly and effectively.
Love the bank feeds and love the product.

• Reviewed on 29/07/2015
Fadi B.
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2016

"DC Review - Kashoo"

Comments: been using for 2 years and all is good and will continue to use.
the value for money is quite good and the software evolution is very good

Pros: easy to use, good value for money

Cons: some additional options might be needed especially on reporting

• Reviewed on 18/08/2016
Stuart C.
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Love the customer service"

Comments: In the years I have been using Kashoo I have never had many reasons to contact customer service, but when I have they have always responded quickly, efficiently and are extremely friendly.

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Alex D.
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2011

"WORKS IF YOU RUN THE SIMPLEST OF BUSINESSES, DON'T EXPECT SUPPORT"

Comments: Kashoo is a barebones accounting system, if you have the absolute most basic of accounting needs, it kind of works. Now that they seem to have sorted the issues they had a few months ago (they were down for days and weeks on end), its OK

Pros: Simple
able to log in anywhere
relatively inexpensive

Cons: Buggy
Inventory feature stinks, keeps getting corrupted, losing the inventory onhand
Not very robust
poor manual adjustment tools
Poor customer billing/no statement tools

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2011
Craig T.
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2015

"Good cloud-based accounting software and great value"

Comments: Very easy to use, yet powerful cloud-based accounting software at a good price.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2015
Business Manager
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/08/2019

"Great Software--If You Don't Need to Connect Any Bank Accounts"

Comments: Ideally, Kashoo would be that accounting software that provided accurate cash flow statements and analyses that were no older than 2-3 days, and would include not just bank account transactions, but also credit card spending and transactions. In our office, any bills or charges that are setup for automatic payments or auto-pay are linked to credit cards, rather than our bank account(s). If I could get Kashoo to function properly with our credit card AND bank accounts, then I would save myself and our CPA tremendous amounts of time and paper clutter at tax time because I could provide statements or reports from Kashoo with itemized expenditures for all accounts. Alas, until Kashoo can resolve its synchronization issues with our financial institutions, then I'm forced to go through and annotate each credit card statement with the expense type, etc. then email or fax each statement to our accountants...

Pros: After reading so many great reviews about Kashoo and its comprehensive but UX-friendly accounting features, I was super-excited to purchase a steeply discounted subscription/membership on App Sumo several months ago. I was particularly looking forward to being able to sync multiple company bank accounts, as well as our daily credit card sales from Square POS, in a single application. The Square/SquareUp integration is among Kashoo's strongest features in my experience, as I can't recall any synchronization issues or glitches accessing Square data in Kashoo. It also has an iPhone app that's fairly functional, albeit wholly utilitarian in its look and feel. However, considering how much data and memory are consumed when running most accounting programs, the Kashoo app manages to be easily sync-able and fast, which I wasn't expecting...

Cons: Connecting bank accounts and accessing transactions has been a thorn in my side from Day One. I've tried multiple browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.--and tinkered with firewall and security settings far more than I probably should trying to get Kashoo to work correctly with operating account at PNC. I don't know if it's because of the number of transactions or the fact that there's a secondary trust account attached to PNC's online business banking, but I cannot get some of the most crucial bank and credit card accounts to work properly on Kashoo. I've also had issues with credit card accounts and have tried deleting and reconnecting accounts so many times that I'm to the point where I haven't even attempted to open Kashoo in weeks.

• Reviewed on 27/08/2019
Craig B.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/04/2021

"Kashoo Does Not Measure Up"

Comments: Lacking an estimates function is critical to all small service businesses - this is the biggest down fall of this package. Then, you add the cost of $27 a month or $30 month-to-month and Kashoo is now way above its competitors in pricing and features - I cannot justify this as a viable package for accounting. QuickBooks Online, WAVE, and Patriot offer better packages for less money -- look elsewhere.

Pros: Like other online accounting software packages, Kashoo offers receipt and transaction matching as well as automatic reconciliation. Their invoicing and general ledger is well done and works well. Same as the other packages, Kashoo is available as an online accounting package only - which is great - allows for anytime, anywhere working.

Cons: Two major items missing are accounts payable (I know Kashoo will say very small businesses use a debit card, credit card or writes a manual check), however having an AP system to collect your vendor bills is kind of a no-brainer. The other item is a lack of being able to do estimates - this is critical as small service businesses propose jobs all the time and if your accounting package did estimates, all you would need to do is finalize a few adds and subtractions from you customer, click "turn into an invoice" and email to your customer - takes no time at all and everything is in one place - quick and easy. And there is no budget feature (which is probably minor to many small businesses).

• Reviewed on 29/04/2021
Carmen C.
Life Coach & Business Strategist
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/07/2019

"Just what I needed . . ."

Comments: Overall this is a great finance program and the price was great compared to similar products.

Pros: Kashoo allows me to keep better records for my business finances. The app allows me to easily upload receipts and to make manual adjustments.

Cons: It does not sync real time account balances with your bank. You have to do that manually. I prefer realtime bank balances.

• Reviewed on 20/07/2019