Filter by:

• Overall

About Vtiger CRM

Used in agile sales teams to increase sales productivity, clear bottlenecks in processes, and ultimately hit revenue targets.

Learn more about Vtiger CRM

Alex N.
CFO
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Flexible and complete package"

Comments: We initialy came to vTiger as a cheaper alternative to Salesforce. We found not only a valid and much more easily customizable CRM but we have developed the modules to handle internal Cases, as a Project Management tool, as a simple DB to keep track of products, as a Quote & shipping

Pros: Can be customized without being a programmer. It is flexible enough to do many things well enough for a small company that does not need very specialist applications. It is intuitive enough for my users to take up without pushback

Cons: I would love better integration with Google Sheets. Poor (non existent) formatting of reports. No community forums or "vote for function"

Alternatives Considered: Copper, Insightly and Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Vtiger CRM: Salesforce charges double and you still had to pay extra to third parties for basic things like Edit in grid, etc

Switched From: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Vtiger CRM: Greater flexibility, price to function ratio

Anna L.
Anna L.

"Saved my working life!"

Comments: I own and run 2 companies, one together with a good friend and she has also one more company. Since we started in 2010/2011 we have been working more and more closely together and when starting to use Vtiger in… think 2013…. We share all our business information in Vtiger. This gives our small companies a great advantage and brings security to our customers. Sometime in 2014 I got sick and started to get more and more fatigued and in the end of November 2017 I was diagnosed with ME/CFS. This means my head get tired and I have problems remember things and plan my work. Without Vtiger I would have had to stop working. No, it is really the truth! From the start we have created new modules, new checklists, new ways of project management because we wanted to hire more people and wanted them to work like we do. We have modules for customer updates of Wordpress sites, for SEO management and for support. We haven’t hired a lot of people but all these adapted workflows is now an enormous help due to my cognitive issues. I can still work, not as much as before but still working. So, thank you Vtiger!

Pros: Its ADAPTABLE!
On the first look you might get surprised of all the functions but when you start using it you will realize there are even more functions and you will love it. I do realize that if you want a CRM, support system or project management and do not want to adapt anything to your organization - then the Vtiger might not be for you. But I have never worked with a system that I didn't want to adapt.
There is always some process, some pipeline that you do different than other businesses and I was so happy when I found out that I could make the Vtiger – to be my system – adapted for my needs. And I love the fact that even if we are small companies, we get good support from Vtiger.

Cons: Well actually the fact that is so adaptable and still very powerful do requires that you think and plan before you start to create new pipelines, modules. Because there are so many functions that you can create a module that serves even the most complicated process. And so even if you can make anything – take the time so write done and plan the process.

Eric B.
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2017

"Great customer support and really good value"

Pros: Great customer support, they offer email, chat and telephone support and the VT account manager (Sharavana) is great for keeping things on track. They also offer structured training and support packages which worked well for us and are good value. Customer service is definitely their strength, and is really important in selecting a CRM. Poor quality or expensive support just makes it too hard hard to get all the customization you need or worse a poorly implemented CRM.
Our building company has a fair bit of complexity around ordering, scheduling and project management as well as the usual lead generation and sales functions. Vtiger is our third system since 2007 and definitely the best for flexibility and customization it’s also easily the best value.
API Integration with other systems like accounting packages and project management tools is quite good but sometimes has to use web hooks which can have a delay. Integration with web forms and chat is excellent and some really good analytics is available.
Document storage is great in VT – super easy access to plans and documents even for people in the field. Logging calls even mobiles has been really useful especially for project management.

Cons: Not many - The mandatory 2 column format for every page is a bit limiting, this can make the layout of data a clumsy. Most of the cons are overcome by working it through with VT – ring them, if they can’t fix it then they will give you a ‘ work around’.

• Reviewed on 29/11/2017
Ioana M.
Sales Rep
Security & Investigations, 51-200 Employees

"best there is"

Comments: So far all's good, going for better!

Pros: the best part is the accessibility: beyond the fact that you can connect via any web browser, there's the mobile app ( with offline option and other awesome features ) and the Gmail addon which is superb; i mean with just 2 3 clicks you create the opportunity and link the conversation directly from your inbox ( genius!)
overall the accessibility and overview of the data is really really good.
the other great feature present in almost every part is the flexibility with which you can create the reports, the templates, the way you store the documents, etc. i'm not sure about the other CRM solutions out there, but so far VTiger CRM proved to be a great adaptable solution, which ( at least on the sales representative side of our business) has brought us much improvement especially on the time : no more need to dedicate hours to update the system at least a few hours each week, it can be done instantly and in a few clicks you can even track the doubles and merge the data, but also the reaction time - easy to prepare the quote and send it directly to the customer/partner.

Cons: the only downside i can think of is the slow chat - internal communication tool seems to be "on standby" or still under development, but it exists .

Eduardo Z.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2017

"vTiger, a CRM company that tries harder"

Comments: VERY IMPORTANT!!! and I asked for it many times, especially for small companies, is mandatory to be able to sign with different names (and different signatures) in each of the different mailboxes that we are able to have. For instance: I'm the CEO but sometimes I have to reply an email as if I were the woman at [email protected] (the solution that suggested me is to change my name and last name in the preferences, this is not a way to solve this problem). I'm sure that many small companies have the same problem. I have at least 4 different domains and almost 10 mailboxes in my account.
THIS MATTER IS EXTREMELLY IMPORTANT!!!
Best regards, Eduardo

Pros: Compare with other CRM option is a great value for money (especially for a small company like ours).
You work very hard and steadily to improve your product (we witnessed it over the years)
The support is great.

Cons: Email campaigns need to be improved (for ex.: is very complex to resend an email campaign to those who unopened it. I would like to operate on the list of people in the email campaign reports as the list of emails that bounced or clicked without having to open one by one each contact)
A better way to order the email templates and the email campaigns.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Jonathon R.
Marketing manager
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2016

"Fantastic Software"

Comments: Using Vtiger 6.5 Opensource to revamp our entire CRM ticketing system. The software is super easy to use with a few added (paid) extensions the customization is very easy and can be modified nicely for anything you want. More advanced features are available at a cost but are great. Few features i would like to see added in the future to create a more robust all in one software but overall would recommend it for anyone in need of a simple to semi complex crm. Not the prettiest UI but functions great. Seems to have a pretty active community of developers as well as a supportive community to troubleshoot any issues. Not all crm's have an out of the box inventory tracking built in. this was the big seller for me. again some more out of the box features could be added to this for a more robust solution. Overall after testing a few crm's, vtiger had its limitations but its simple to use, easily customized, lots of available extensions, and inventory tracking is what won me over.

Pros: Easy to use and to customize
Big community of developers and support community
Continued development and updating with new features
A lot of out of the box features
on demand and open source available
Inventory tracking

Cons: Open source needs a paid extension to sync with Accounting software
Needs a few features to be a more all in one solution (not including accounting)

• Reviewed on 03/11/2016
Territory Manager
Business Supplies & Equipment, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"Excellent and Easy to use CRM Portal"

Comments: Overall the objective of using VTiger is getting fulfilled. No more forgetting about the opportunities as a Sales Person. You can keep track of all your client data.
Reporting formats also give a huge insight into the data that helps faster decision making

Pros: Simple to use with all the features that enable me to track, update any record pertaining to client, organization and its opportunities
We have automated the quote requisition to our design team from VTiger itself
The dashboard gives great insight into the overall summary of my opportunities

Cons: Sometimes the linking of the documents from G-Suite or uploading the same becomes time-consuming since there is a word title limit. Our files have huge names and cannot cut down on the word limit. This is a drawback that I would like to highlight

Jonathan C.
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Positive development over the years"

Comments: Since migrating from the local to the cloud version, we have added features that we use, we like the internal integrations between the elements and the ease of producing meaningful reports.

Pros: The vendor is really good at developing the platform and bringing those changes to our awareness. This has been in the creative approach to sales and the adaptations around the new GDPR regulations.

Cons: There is an integration that would be really useful but it hasn't been written yet with Quickbooks for UK Tax office program, 'Making Tax Digital'. It would be really useful to have the integration written, however this is above and beyond the rest of the application suite, we use if for sales and account management along with project and support services.

Christian H.
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Fantastic Service and Support"

Pros: vtiger has been great for us because it is more comprehensive than many CRM solutions we have tried or used in the past, allowing us to handle sales, support, billing, and ongoing customer interactions. We have also found it to be very flexible and customizable, eliminating some of the other software services we have used outside the CRM, like project management software.
However, the very best thing we have found about vtiger is that they pay close attention to our requests for support and our feedback for product improvement.

Cons: Business reporting is somewhat limited for our needs. Third party solutions exist, but don't work with the cloud hosted version, which we use.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Robert T.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Health are office"

Comments: I like the software . Support needs to be better

Pros: This software has great function but difficult to configure

Cons: Troubleshooting and support is terrible. We tried to contact many times

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Vtiger CRM: Nephew encouraged me

Luis R.
Logistics & Supply Chain, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/04/2019

"A COMPLETE ERP SYSTEM FOR US NOT ONLY A CRM"

Comments: We are using vtiger to support most of our business process, from sales, to supoort contract services and G&A processes rrelated to expenses and Managing HR issues

Pros: Vtiger is a easy to use system, for customizing and for end users.
The functionality provided allows us to support our sales cycle and other business process (support services, revenues and expense invoices and other G&A processes.
It is very complete and the process proposed is suteble for us requiring very few customization for sales and other process.
Follow&tracks functionality is very complete and useful.

Cons: We hope other modeules related to procurement and inventory mangemement will be deployed soon.
Asset module is simmple bt it is ebough for carried an inventory of asest but accounting issues related to assets has to be more developed.

Head of Business Development
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"The most agile CRM software for small companies with basic tech knowledge"

Pros: It is very easy to set and to configure for people who have limited sofware / IT skills. Tipical processes related to B2B sales can be quickly implemented using the main features of the basic package. vTiger gave our company freedom to change databases, relations between them and front-end layout inside the same sales team.

Cons: Sometimes the application gets stucked and we need to restart / re-login to keep working. Linking employees inbox mail accounts to the vTiger to have everything syncronized gave us some troubles and was harder than we expected.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Kathy S.
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Comprehensive CRM at an Excellent Price"

Comments: I keep all my customer data in Vtiger. I love having one place to update customer data. I used Constant Contact for a few years but eventually migrated my newsletter into Vtiger. Vtiger provides a wide range of capabilities so that I'm confident it will provide what I need as my company grows.

Pros: It's easy to use and an extremely value. I like the ability to be able to insert records from my website.

Cons: Sometimes it is hard to figure out how to do something. There are a lot of possible configurations (like the drop down list values for certain fields) and sometimes it takes me a bit to remember where to make changes.

Hemant A.
Hemant A.
International Sales ( Business Development Manager)
Photography, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/04/2019

"Good to manage Client's queries and Sales"

Pros: The customized dashboard is really good to keep track of every thing. Love the report generation tools, where I can pull the team's record and their performance easily. Scheduled email is what I liked the most in the software, I can send the email at the convenience of the customer. Overall a very good tool for keeping track, getting notification of the tasks, and this really helps team to grow.

Cons: There is a lack in the system between 11:30 pm IST to 12:00 pm IST. It doesn't support grammerly well.

Claire N.
Market Research, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Highly reliable platform, but could be better"

Comments: Generally speaking the experience is positive. For us, it's a way to keep track of sales opportunities. We don't rely on it for anything else, but that's only because we have other systems also running internally. Overall Vtiger really helps with keeping on track of potential sales.

Pros: The main reason I use Tiger is for the sales opportunities section. This really is instrumental in us keeping a check of promising leads. I also like the simplicity of attaching an opportunity to an individual contact rather than the company as a whole.

Cons: The general usability isn't great, whilst the dashboard is customisable it doesn't flow and there are sections where text doesn't display properly. My opinion is that it could benefit from a complete refresh in that respect. As a business owner, I often struggle to find simple thing like where copy invoices for the subscription are stored etc.

Tony C.
Mr
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

"Vtiger user"

Comments: Vtiger allow met to have a complete data base, I can quote, forecast, and email market from one program. Easy to get started especially if you are using google

Pros: Most complete package for the price, email marketing and sales, quoting email ect in on package

Cons: Google email link could be better, there are filters in gmail that do not port, email links to main contact not necessarily what you want to link the contact to

Anabelle D.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Lots of features"

Comments: It made the sales team work very easy and it helped management to see how the team was working each lead. The reports are clear and very easy to personalize and setup.

Pros: The lead import and management. It’s very easy to keep track on who’s doing what and have a history of the lead.

Cons: If you are not precise with loading the leads it can be difficult to load new leads. The duplicate feature does not work too well as it’s case sensitive and I would get many duplicated leads

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Sanjay M.
Application Engineer
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"A good ready to go management software for industries and teams"

Comments: It's a software for everyone who's looking for a good initial start of streamlining the processes in organisation. It's intuitive to use, simple to learn and easy to access.

Pros: It's ease of use and the interface. Given easy plugins to get reports and have a track of each and every event with details which are customizable as required. It's cloud management and security is another thing which could be counted on.

Cons: Prompt of billing will stop you from updating , which they shall give some grace features/time for at least a few days to keep it running. Also inventory is quite limited, but shall do the course.

Joseph W.
Support Manager

"The GOLD Standard"

Comments: Overall I'm extremely satisfied with service and plan a long relationship with vtiger.

Pros: *Non-Stop customization (The standard work flows were good, but the new EXPRESSION options are PHENOMENAL!)
*Excellent and able customer service team
*Representatives available via phone, chat, or email
*Excellent help and tutorial documents
*Phone System integration
*API Integration (Utilizing our billing / Ticket System / Router infrastructure to manage a clients account)

Cons: *We would prefer a test site before we make options or customization go live. Currently the only option is to start a free trial or host my own internal site while testing.
*To much customization (I would like to see more examples of traditional setups and how you envision items to work besides us making our own SOP that works for us. )

Manish K.
Partner
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Excellent CRM software"

Comments: It eases our business tremendously. We are always exploring newer ways of using it,

Pros: Very easy to use. It simplifies the tasks a lot. It also captures the relevant information. The best feature is the ability to send quotations directly from within the software.

Cons: Nothing as such. We use quite a lot of the modules available and have upgraded to the newest version too.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Andrew H.
  • Reviewed on 22/11/2017

"Great CRM! Great Value!"

Pros: I like the fact that there are management modules for multiple domains outside of sales. Project management, Customer Support, Marketing, all within one system.

Cons: Some of the modules do not work well with each other so the workflows are always as smooth as they can be. Whenever this is the case I let Vtiger support know and they usually generate an update to fix the issue.

Harshavardhan P.
Application Engineer
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2019

"Easiest CRM interface"

Comments: It has been wonderful to use this CRM interface which keeps the track of all my customer assets and register all my daily activities .
Helps in reviewing and visibility of my credentials for the higher management.

Pros: Ease of use.
Apt. user interface.
All capabilities visible.
Calendar events wonderful with all activities recorded in sequence.
Tracking of all the cases and its history.
Data center for all the organization and its customer contact storage sequence.

Cons: Customer Portal capabilities is minimal.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2019
Aleksey S.
Marketing Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Excellent customer service"

Comments: Very strong customer service. Integrates with just about anything for free using Zapier.

Pros: Very strong customer service, gets back to me in very short time. Customer support agent helped me with custom requests no other CRM providers would even discuss.

Cons: I was concerned that vTiger did not integrate out of the box with many other softwares that I use. But then I found that using Zapier I was able to resolve this for free and even got richer functionality.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Thomas H.
Operational Sales

"Vtiger is your Friend"

Comments: Overall Vtiger is a great CRM program and gives us the flexibility to adapt our business process to the program.

Pros: Open source allows us to modify and update accordingly to our needs.

Cons: The system tends to slow down in the later parts of the workday (3-5p EST). This is our busiest time of the work day.

Nathan M.
Digital Marketing Manager
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2019

"Incredibly comprehensive & adaptable"

Comments: Exceptionally positive. We've moved from a different system which was great, but didn't do everything we need.

Pros: It covers all of our business needs. It's easy to adapt the system to your exact process and the reporting functionality is comprehensive, allowing you a full overview of all aspects you require.

Cons: It comes with a small learning curve. But their support helps you understand it quickly.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2019