15 years helping British businesses

About FieldEdge

The #1 software to run your entire business - FieldEdge helps you save time and make more money!

Learn more about FieldEdge

Pros:

As a user who started at my company after FieldEdge was already in place, I can honestly say that FieldEdge was very easy to learn. It is user friendly and the basics can be picked up very quickly.

Cons:

Even my bookkeeper had problems with data coming over into Quickbooks.

FieldEdge ratings

4.2
4.4
4.0
3.9

7.6/10

FieldEdge has an overall rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars based on 301 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used FieldEdge before?

Josh
Accountant in US
Utilities, 51–200 Employees

Private Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Experience was good but we moved on to Service Titan.

Pros:

[sensitive content hidden] - Our implementation specialist was great.

Cons:

User friendliness and functionality of the site.

last month

Thanks for the wonderful testimonial!

Irene
General Manager in US

Highly customizable - Field Edge, hands down, is the best out there

Comments: Excellent. I could not ask for better customer service. Specifically, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]
our Customer Success Manager, has been great to work with. He responds quickly, is very hands on, and is overly dedicated to our team.

Pros:

The customization capabilities , the program being web-based, simple to use, and works full circle for every user, regardless of role, and for each division

Cons:

It would be useful if the reports could be generated in all formats

Leon
Service Manager in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

FieldEdge is okay at a lot of things

3.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: A lot of our issues honestly probably came from the initial setup. Things weren't done properly then we could never seem to get it set up correctly afterward due to poor customer support. We left FieldEdge for ServiceTitan a few years later and never looked back.

Pros:

Ease of use for technicians in the field and office staff.

Cons:

Support. We got almost no support from field edge while using their software. We were often left to figure things out on our own.

Dan
owner in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Helps manage, organize, and grow your service business.

Comments: I am extremely thankful for the support team at FieldEdge. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and know their application well. Although implementation took some time and we still are improving our data set, we are glad that we selected to use FieldEdge as our SMS (Service Management Software). It truly brought our company from where we were to the next level. We are now a more consistent, more efficient, and more profitable company. If you do select FieldEdge to help your company, my one piece of sage advice is to spend time building out your pricebook for your Field Service Technicians. Adding photos, detailed descriptions, and the like will help them select the right part for the job and help you make sure you are billing the customer for the right part,.....etc.... etc....

Pros:

FieldEdge has been instrumental in helping our business automate so many of the daily tasks of operating our service business. From tracking how marketing works, setting up new service calls through our dispatcher, informing our techs where and when they need to be at jobs, invoicing, quoting, historical work completed, and even uploading photos. By in large, FieldEdge has the service process covered and help companies that use it, become better at communicating with customers, employees, and management. I have been impressed with most every feature that they offer. The one feature which I think has helped us grow the most is the use of packages. A package is a grouping of items that are typically sold together. These packages have the individual items used to create the package as invisible to the consumer and a blank freeform data field to explain what the package is. The use of packages has grown our average sales ticket and improved the efficiency of our technicians. Customer love that they get detailed written invoices and quotes promptly emailed to them. Dispatchers love see where the techs are in the day so they can squeeze in an extra service call or two. From an owner and management side of things, I sincerely appreciate how this tool helps customer, dispatcher(s), field service technicians, and our management to all work together.

Cons:

Can't really think of any major cons. There are some "Wish-List" items which I have for fine tuning the software, but they are minor disadvantages. One such example is the history of customer interactions. It is visible on the mobile application, but it isn't easily viewed. For example, it may say that we had an invoices in May 2016, September 2017, February 2019, and July 2020. To find if a customer purchased a widget from us, we have to review each invoice to "hunt" for the widget and when or if it was sold by us.

3 years ago

Hi Dan - WOW! Thank you so much for this thorough and glowing review! We love hearing how FieldEdge helps businesses like yours grow. We work hard to meet expectations, and we're so glad to learn that we hit the mark for you. Our teams will be so happy to hear the feedback you've shared. Thanks again!

Devon
Chief Operating Officer in US
Facilities Services, 51–200 Employees

Great Customer Service

Pros:

This product did not answer all of our answers, but FieldEdge was always willing to help! They made sure our needs and concerns were their needs and concerns. Their customer service is excellent!

Cons:

They are continually adding features so many features we needed at the beginning they did not have. They now do!

Haley
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Great software for a smaller company & cost effective

Comments: Overall, it is a good system for the price. It gets the job done, syncs with quickbooks online, and is rather user friendly.

Pros:

I like the amount of options the overall program offers; such as tracking call sources, maintenance agreement tracking, installation/equipment tracking, general layout of the software itself.

Cons:

Some cons for me would be the lack of in depth or interactive reporting; I would like to see them roll out the option to pull custom report vs the built in ones. We have encountered multiple issues with "downtime" when the FieldEdge system gets interrupted & the office and technicians cannot login, this causes many issues and is very inconvenient. They do actively try to get it resolved, but when you're in our industry any downtime can cause major disruptions. I would like to see more options for the communication templates as well - such as being able to send appointment booking confirmation & reminders (as well as more interactive edits with the emails i.e. being able to decide when to send the appointment reminder rather than it just being a day before reminder.)

4 years ago

Hi Haley - A member of the Customer Success team will be in touch regarding your requests. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on FieldEdge!

Construction, 2–10 Employees

FieldEdge great for small to medium sized companies

Comments: Fieldedge helped streamline our company and operations substantially from our paper invoice and reporting previously. The basic functions were easy enough to train someone on in a day. Some of the more integral functions were a bit confusing and required technical help. The technical help for fieldedge is outstanding.

Pros:

Ease of learning curve on basic functions was very manageable scheduling is straightforward and can be accomplished with a few simple clicks researching a customers history is an integrated tool and very easy to navigate

Cons:

Overall the software seems a bit dated some features and functions many new estimating/scheduling software packages are implementing are not included such as text notifications for customers.

4 years ago

Thank you for providing your feedback, we always appreciate our customers letting us know how we can further help them! If you contact your Customer Success Manager they will be more than happy help you troubleshoot this issue.

Erin
Director of Business Operations in US

FieldEdge transformed our business

Comments: Since day 1, working with FieldEdge has been a delight. Every person we have encountered has been positive, knowledgable and helpful.

Pros:

The ability to manage the entire customer experience from lead to invoice all the way into quickbooks has streamlined our workflow and allowed us to take on significantly more work. Our success manager and the tech support teams are phenomenal.

Cons:

The software is still lacking some features to be able to manage larger more complex quotes and project management.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for your kind words, Erin. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your FieldEdge experience with us.

Sadie
Accounting in Canada
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Field Edge Review

Comments: I like the dashboard tab for easy overall numbers of sales, quotes and marketing

Pros:

Its easy to use and keeps everything in order. Links to QuickBooks which is helpful. I like the training modules for new employees coming in. Service is great

Cons:

Missing features to help with receivables like statements.

Facilities Services, 2–10 Employees

Oversold and Under Delivered

Comments: I was excited about the potential good F.E. could do for us, but we had a bad customer service experience at every turn. Their product may work great, but I wasn't willing to deal with the people and processes in order to get through the on-boarding. The first issue we had was over something simple. We asked to wait to on-board for one month, but they started calling and emailing us the day after we agreed to sign up. The cc processing company even started calling and bugging us to get started before it was time. When we did start on-boarding I got a rep that I honestly just didn't pair up with very well. IMHO he was more interested in hearing his own voice and talking over us than listening or working with us. He had to get his opinion in, even when it was not solicited. The training videos were also terrible and lacking with regards to real world use. It was more of a features tour with regards to the mobile app. Lastly, they were in charge of converting info from our current CRM to theirs and they couldn't even convert a PDF to an Excel file. I was beyond irritated at that point. We paid for a setup and we have to do the file conversions too? That was the final straw for me. I cancelled the plan before we finished on-boarding and to this day they have not returned any of the on-boarding or first months fees. Buyer Beware with these people!

Pros:

Potential features for maintenance plans and quoting equipment.

Cons:

We never finished the setup / on-boarding so I couldn't say.

Aubrey
Construction, 2–10 Employees

DO NOT FALL FOR THE SALES PITCH!

Comments: Our experience with FieldEdge has been an absolute nightmare that still is not over. Potential clients should beware that the sales team will promise you that the program has every feature you should need. Our sales representative was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very friendly and from what I believed thoroughly trained and competent on the software he was selling. We were looking for a mobile friendly dispatch program that also offered accounting. We are a small A/C and Heating business that understood FieldEdge was pricey and a risk for us but with everything we were told the system offered we thought it was the best choice. We paid $800 for the "implementation process" which was to take 5 weeks. In this time we would be given a trainer to walk us through how to use the system & a tech guy who was going to be taking the data from our old system and inputting it in the new software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was our trainer and from our first call with him we started experiencing problem after problem. Our tech guy was originally supposed to be [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] but then switched to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I spoke with a female who was supposed to walk me through how to export the data from our old system and she was barely able to assist me through that. When I would ask a question she would reply that she wasn't sure. She was just reading off a paper... Our training consisted of watching video tutorials. I'm unable to comprehend why they gave us our own onboarding team when the only thing [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did was just check to see if I

Pros:

I did not like anything about this software. We spent 4 weeks of the "implementation process" but never had any of our data submitted into the system. Only had access to a dummy account.

Cons:

Not mobile friendly for the office side, terrible tech support, unable to import data from Housecall Pro, price is higher than other systems and doesn't offer anything special

4 years ago

Hi Aubrey - We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with FieldEdge, as this is not the level of service we pride ourselves on delivering. We clearly missed the mark in providing a smooth implementation process for your business. It is our understanding that you have since spoken with a member of our management team to address these concerns in more detail. Thank you for sharing your feedback and helping us continue to improve the customer journey.

Not user friendly

Comments: Tech support was terrible. The implementation took forever. I was not delivered what was promised. Now trying to get our of the service agreement from which they are not allowing.

Pros:

Quick books integration works adequately.

Cons:

Completely not user friendly. Tried several times to work out some of the bugs. Difficult to schedule from mobile app. Was promised flat rate pricing, ended up with old pricing pulled off quickbooks. Pretty much useles.

Joshua
Construction, 2–10 Employees

A scam, don't trust this company

Comments: This company has no customer service whatsoever in their onboarding department. They kept promising things to keep us trying to use them, and then they wouldn't deliver.

Pros:

I liked everything they told me about it. Sadly none of it was fulfilled.

Cons:

They broke every part of the agreement we made and still decided to keep my onboarding fees of $1500 after telling me I'd get a full refund, after ghosting me for months and not pulling any usable data from Service Titan.

Emmett
Ops. Manager in US

Good Software

Pros:

-Easy invoicing -Easy item search -a lot of compatible software for CRM, Accounting software,tracking, etc. -Simplistic

Cons:

-Can be finicky after an update. - Jobs feature could be improved it doesn't track cost like we would like it to. -Can't place stock orders. All PO's have to be connected to a customer.

Ryan
Sales & Inventory Management in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Be Thorough with Onboarding

Comments: Our contact with our onboarding agent was abysmal from day one. Receiving a response typically took 2-3 days or up to a week unless we made multiple attempts. It came to a point where I started keeping track of when and how many times I contacted them before I received a response. Responses were frequently, "I'll get back to you on that" with no follow up. I also kept a list of questions they never answered.
We were advised by our FieldEdge salesperson to switch to Quickbooks Online before signing up with FieldEdge for ease of use. When data was transferred from QBO to FE, NONE of the costs for our 2400 items in the system transferred over. Sales prices carried over just fine. Each time we do a quote or invoice, if we want to track profitability or markup on items sold, we literally need to look up each individual item and manually enter its cost. We are six months into using this software, and we have had this issue escalated to a different department, escalated to a different team, escalated to their Tier 3 development team, you name it, yet the problem persists. "It seems we have encountered a bug"
We have been offered discounts because of this issue, but honestly, if we hadn't invested so many thousands of hours and tens of thousands of dollars into this software, I would be happy to pull the plug.

Pros:

The dispatch board is nice, techs can update their work orders and we can see their status in real time (generally).

Cons:

LEARNING CURVE - DO NOT underestimate how much time you will need to learn this software We seem to be an outlier since most reviews rave about their customer service, but our onboarding agent was less than responsive to our questions and attempts to contact him, and he definitely did not provide us with adequate information or learning tools. If you have concerns, make sure they are addressed in a timely manner before you make your final decision, otherwise they may never be addressed. It is VERY expensive per month per user. Our business is open 7am-5pm. Their support team has a habit of calling between 5pm and 8pm, but never when we are actually in the office to answer calls.

4 years ago

Hi Ryan - We are really disappointed to hear that this was your experience with onboarding and we certainly hold ourselves to higher standards than what you described here. A member of the Customer Success team will be reaching out to you to talk through these concerns in more detail. We truly value your honest feedback and will be sure to pass it along to the appropriate teams so we can continue to make improvements in these areas.

susan

Disappointed

Comments: Very hard to deal with, they correct you on the phone, refer to the contract continually and the emails that I did not receive personally. Feeling bullied

Pros:

Nothing about this program now that I have been lied to and bullied

Cons:

They did not deliver what was sold as per the salesperson, now they raised their prices to more than double. I bought ESC before they had Feild edge, tried to get me to switch, I wouldn't switch since? I had just bought ESC. Now the prices I have been raised more than double. I bought the program so that I wouldn't have monthly payments like other programs and services. That was the selling point. But now my tech support prices have been increased and my per tablet prices from went 15 per tablet to over 45. ESC reached out but were complete jerks!! Basically, saying it was my, fault for trusting their salesperson. That I was informed of the price increase when they send the email to an old email address.

4 years ago

Hi Susan! Thank you for providing your feedback! We are very sorry to hear you had this negative experience. You are always welcome to contact your CSM or contact us at [email protected] for support.

Service Manager in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

ESC by dEsco in my experience is the best all-in-one software for the Service Industry

Pros:

Excellent software that is constantly evolving and growing. Best tech support on the planet. Fastest turn around time when correcting bugs or issues. Well thought out and implemented.

Cons:

Some features that should be available are not. They are available in the newer software offered under the FieldEdge name. I think they should have been implemented in ESC before developing new software, or allow migration to the new software at no charge if you are a current annual member for support and mobile versions.

7 years ago

10/10 + BEST SW in the industry + BEST support on the PLANET! LOVE IT! We can't thank you enough for your kind words and positive feedback. It goes a long way to motivate the team. Some of the innovation we have introduced in FieldEdge is only possible with web-based applications. That said, we are continuing to work on ESC. We will also aggressively help in the transition for existing customers to FieldEdge. Thanks again for your continued business!!!

Jacki
Director of Operations in US

We find FieldEdge Essential to Operate our business efficiently

Pros:

We like the ease of using the software. New software upgrades seem very seamless. The Online Support is PHENOMENAL!!!! Support is ALWAYS friendly, attentive, patient, thorough, and FAST!!! They sitkc with me and follow-thru until my issue is resolved or questions answered.

Cons:

I used to be able to manage the desktop software from my phone just by logging into my office account. It doesn't work anymore. I KNOW it was likely not designed that way, but it was EXTREMELY helpful when I was outside the office to hop in and do most anything I needed to!!!!! PLEASE correct it :)

2 years ago

Hi Jacki! Thank you for the wonderful testimonial! We are so glad that you are enjoying FieldEdge! We will share your feedback with our team. Please do not hesitate to connect with us if you need anything. We're here to help!

Jose
Sales in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Maximum Day to Day Efficiency!

Pros:

This software is extremely easy to use yet so detailed and organized. As long as all pertinent data is in the system workflows become more streamlined for mobile and office users. Any time we have questions or concerns we get excellent feedback from our Customer Success Manager or the help chat located in the software. They also have an ideas portal that allows you to post an idea that you think may benefit your company where other companies can vote if its something they see as beneficial to them as well.

Cons:

We are a strictly commercial HVAC company so sometimes we need specific features tailored to our business model. For example, some of our customers have 10+ units that we need to service but we don't have the ability to apply repair forms to all units. The system basically only allows us to have 1 repair form where we need 10+ repair forms to satisfy all units being serviced. There are other minor adjustments that we see as a con but thats to do our company being strictly commercial and needing them to be tailored to our specific model.

Rob
Owner/Operator in US
Consumer Services, 2–10 Employees

User for almost 2 years now.

Comments: FieldEdge easily pays for itself. I have gone completely paperless. Everything is easier, faster, and safer about it.

Pros:

I like that it is cloud based, easy to use and updated with new features almost monthly. It has a modern look and feel compared to many other service softwares I have tried out and looked in to. I like the mobile app features and ease of use. I like that it seamlessly syncs to Quickbooks. Desco knows service software.

Cons:

Little things here and there that need to be changed to make working in the software easier and that make more sense. They have an "Ideas" portal that you can make suggestions for changes to the software but out of 3 that I have suggested not one has been adapted.

5 years ago

Rob, thanks so much for your positive feedback! It's great hearing that you enjoy the regular updates and the overall look and feel of FieldEdge, paired with how it's been such an asset to your business. We are so appreciative to have customers like you!

Sharon
A/R in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

Dispatching software that integrates many of our companies needs in one place

Pros:

This is a web based dispatch system that integrates into Quickbooks nicely. It has helped us to streamline our business and work much more efficiently. Love that the Techs can see customer history easily. Almost instant communication between Tech and dispatch. Has many great feature in the price book and dashboard. We can see almost instantly how profitable we are being.

Cons:

The largest con is that as a web based system, if they go down your company can come screeching to a halt. Because this has happened several times this year, we have had to put internal back up systems in place. We save a screen shot each evening of the next day just in case the system is down. There are several issues that I would like to see FieldEdge improve on. Their team does take suggestions though and has been making improvements to the software.

Lilnda
Office manager in US

Love the support team, always so happy and very patient and makes you feel totally good !

Pros:

All our Clients info is so easy to access and love how easy it is to use. Its dispatch board is supper easy and the invoicing is great. Also like how you can add different locations under one customer, lets say they have their main home and rental property, you can have it all in one place.. The equipment history and all you have done for a customer is easy to see.

Cons:

Only one thing I have found is if you happen to choose the wrong location under a customer and lets say you have a invoice going to another location, you cant correct it, other than that I love this system.

7 years ago

Hi Linda! Your kind words make US feel totally good! We'll keep on aiming to make you proud. Thanks again!

Richard
President and Electrician in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Field edge is great.

Comments: I like it very much.

Pros:

Dispatching, Field integration with quick books Invoice. Quotes and and receipts for customers.

Cons:

We will see what ma come in the future. I am looking forward to seeing what comes up next.

last year

Hi Richard, Thank you for taking the time to connect with us and for sharing your experience. We are happy that you are enjoying FieldEdge!

Jessica
Marketing in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Would not purchase again, customer support is TERRIBLE

Pros:

Price, not a lot of frills so we can usually figure out how to take care of issue or do what we need ourselves.

Cons:

Customer support is terrible. We have only had interaction with a couple people total that actually could answer questions. Our onboarding consultant knew less than we taught ourselves. When we do have an issue and need to call in/chat the support team just sends us links to videos or articles and can never answer our question.. while also being rude. It seems the company trains them to sound superior so the customer will think they don't know anything or want to ask further questions. I know that there will be no software that is prefect but we are very very unhappy with our experience. We will not extend with this software again.

Jenn

Best customer service ever

Pros:

Its ease of use, and portability. Also the ability to export any report out to excel and create the report that I need from there. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has become a welcome addition to my go to Fieldedge team. He understands my needs and always makes me feel like those needs are a priority.

Cons:

That the office side does not complete control over the dispatch. As an admin I would like to have the ability to complete the dispatch even if the technician is in it. More often than not the tech has forgotten at the end of the day to complete themselves and clock out.

4 years ago

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience with us, Jenn! We love hearing this type of feedback, and we will certainly pass your suggestions along to the appropriate team.