Mindflash Online Training Reviews

by Mindflash Technologies

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.5 /5

About Mindflash Online Training

Learn how leading mid size companies easily train their remote teams from anywhere in the world with Mindflash. See a free demo today!

Learn more about Mindflash Online Training

Showing 25 reviews of 102

Susan W.
Senior Business Analyst (SharePoint Support/Training & ServiceNow Training)
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

"Excellent Experience!!"

Comments: A few months back, members of my management came to me with a need to get a customer facing training site up and running really fast. They wanted it to be VERY professional looking and easy to use. I did some Google-ing and found Mindflash and a few of their competitors. After analyzing all, I settled on Mindflash. We contacted them and received a demo and fast forward 45 days later and the site was up and running. (The length of time to implement was not Mindflash related; it was the humans who had to write the content!)

Pros: Our authors are savvy in the use of Microsoft PowerPoint and with barely an hour's training they were up and running assembling their courses. Our assigned sales/technical contact was (& continues to be) extremely responsive. Our customers have found the offerings to be VERY easy to use and impressive to boot. They love being able to access Mindflash content on mobile devices as well.

Cons: I am sitting here trying to think of a negative and I cannot. Working with the Mindflash team and feedback from our users has been a great experience.

Tonya M.
MLS Administrator
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Easy - Create Powerpoint, Upload it, Create Quiz, Send it out"

Comments: The National Association of REALTORS made a requirement that if we require MLS (Multiple Listing Service) training, we must offer it online as well. Now we are compliant with that requirement. So there is that aspect of it. Furthermore, we had some out of area members that were not allowing people in their office to join here because we had required training that was only available in person. Because we now have some of that training online and may have other required classes available online in the future, we now have more members. Now that we have online training and I can quiz them on it, I know they know it, instead of just sitting in a classroom where all they have to do is sit there and be awake.

Pros: Ease of use, right out of the "box". We started using Mindflash a couple years ago when everything was called Series and Modules. It was/is so intuitive. Just upload your PowerPoint slides, add some YouTube videos, and create your tests. I enter students one by one because of the way we use it, but I love the option of being able to add them in batches. SO much easier than one by one when you have a lot to enter. When the Series and Modules changed to Modules and Courses, and the classes auto saved, it became even more streamlined! I love the new look and functionality. I love all the options. I don't use some of them, but I like that they are there.

Cons: Not being able to delete (not just inactivate) users. I have had two or three people in my position from other associations call and ask about Mindflash. I tell them what I wrote above (generally) and offer to give them a login so they can see how it looks on the user side. It would be nice to remove them from our system so it doesn't skew our numbers.
Also, and maybe this is something I should do, but I have agents contacting me all the time needing me to reset their module. When I explain how they can go to the home page and continue/resume or reset, they seem confused and either don't understand what I'm talking about, or don't see it. A brief "How to use Mindflash" tutorial autoplayed when they first login, with a link to play it again would be helpful, especially for those who are technologically challenged. Also if the house at the top left were bigger that would help too.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
John M.
Marketing Specialist
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2016

"Excellent Sales and Marketing Tool For B to B Business"

Comments: Using Mindflash for both internal and external training allows my company to provide very good training that is clear, informative and easy in-training navigation. Mindflash allowed us to fill a missing piece to selling and properly training customers that need our support installing our products matching our stringent specifications. Using all of Mindflash's features and benefits has made our training the biggest success when launching a new product. Customer support has been the shining star when there is a question or even when we need introduction to numerous Mindflash administrators. We have domestic and international users so having the customer support, multi-language navigation options was very helpful.

Pros: I like Mindflash's tools that help enhance my existing training content making it more attractive and vibrant. Navigation makes managing my content easy. Report and managing users helps my company stay on top of our trained users. Salesforce integration allows me to introduce tasks and tracking customer activity.

Cons: Salesforce integration, being new to Mindflash, was a challenge. But the programmers response and effort help make the integration work helped us utilize the full benefits of using Salesforce with Mindflash.

• Reviewed on 21/07/2016
Rob K.
Learning & Development Manager
Commercial Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Reaching out to staff across two continents"

Comments: Mindflash has allowed us to increase our training 'reach', firstly across multiple locations in South Africa and now also into our business interests in the UK as well. We plan to extend this further into mainland Europe in the future. Online training in our industry has been revolutionized by our bespoke learning content.

Pros: The ease of use without the need for specialised software and additional downloads. We can work from existing materials authored in everyday Office software.

Cons: Nothing to dislike. Challenges we initially anticipated have not materialised.

Denise W.
HR Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2016

"I like it!"

Comments: I have put together several Mindflash training sessions and really like it. It is a very easy, simple way of teaching people about a subject, providing a quiz to check their knowledge, and then using the tools to see completion of the training and how people did. It is awesome.

Pros: Very easy to use! Great way to train people. Simply make up your PP presentation, upload it, put some audio with it if you want (rehearse as many times as you wish), and send it out to the users you want to do the training. Then, remind them if you need to by resending the link. Also find out how everyone did and who has completed and who hasn't. LOVE IT!

Cons: The only thing I have a little difficulty with is when I have audio and have to change the Powerpoint slides around the audio doesn't move so you have to redo the audio. I have not called customer service on this so maybe I am just doing something wrong??

• Reviewed on 01/04/2016
David H.
Manager - Organisation Development
  • Reviewed on 01/07/2015

"Excellent to work with - easy , flexible and acheiving professional learning outcomes"

Comments: Many choices to achieve learning outcomes from people with various learning and computer skills.
Easy to set out a course that meets the learning outcomes.
Easy to make changes - view etc. before activating course - also making changes after the course has been activated.
A variety of media to choose from - Audio, You tube, still photos and video (can be taken from camera, tablet or phone)
A course can be developed off-line before uploading into an online course.
Excellent reporting options - either course or trainee
Tracking trainee participation is easy and time efficient.
Distributing the selected course is quick and easy.
The overall management of each course is easy
The communication between trainer and trainee is quick and effective.
Customising each course is quick and easy - easy to follow videos to assist the trainer when starting up
Genuine support from the staff at Mindflash. Response time is very good (depending on time difference from where the trainer is located)
I rate this on-line training as excellent - our staff are also very confident using it. I have used others and Mindflash is a long way out in front.

• Reviewed on 01/07/2015
Dennis S.
Corporate Trainer of Compliance
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2017

"Very user friendly...just open it up and go!"

Comments: Attendance of new material delivery and testing for understanding it can now be done online. Being a department of one, it is a huge time saver. Tracking users' activity takes me minutes now instead of hours. We have a lot of annual requirements I need to track and report back to the government and this is allowing me much more time to work on material and not have to monitor end users.

Pros: The ease of entering material into it. The quizzes are easy to create and there is a large variety to select. Adding additional material to a course is sooo easy! Maintaining users is simple. It won't let you make a mistake.

Cons: No spell check in quizzes. Can't make edits to a particular slide in a course, but edits are made externally and easily replaced in Mindflash.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2017
Misha M.
Sr. Director Sales Enablement
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2014

"Keeping things simple"

Comments: I love Mindflash for any department that needs to build quick training programs with few resources. Mindflash is ideal for any company that doesn't have extensive learning and development resources. My instructional designer on my last team didn't like Mindflash because there were a number of things that could not be done using the platform. For me, the pros outweighed the cons. I tend to join companies where my org runs very lean, with a product line that has a weekly release cycle, and heavily relies on subject matter experts. With this tool, all of my SMES can become e-learning authors, I can prevent my materials from being out of date, and at a cost that I feel is very reasonable. There are some bells and whistles that some of the larger tools have that I would love to have, but I'll choose a lean, uncomplicated tool that just works any day over bells & whistles.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2014
Jennifer S.
Director of Compliance
Primary/Secondary Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2017

"Great LMS System"

Pros: Awesome features, progress charts, voice-over options, dynamic quiz options, variety of formatting options for different training styles and modules.

Cons: This system doesn't currently sync with our HRIS system (Paylocity) but the features are worth it for the ease of use and customization.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2017
Karl P.
Trainer
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2015

"With Mindflash you can put your training online in a flash"

Comments: Pros:
You can try before you buy.
Any data you create during your trial can be included in your production environment.
The interface is clean and uncomplicated.
No extraneous bells and whistles.
It is compatible with SCORM producing software such as Captivate.
Easy to administer.
Easy on the budget. The ROI is amazing.
There's an app for that!
Built in tutorials.
Friendly and prompt customer service.
They listen to your suggestions and try to incorporate them.
Cons:
Adding voice overs to a slide has to be done in a perfect take.
Might not integrate with your existing HRMS.
It might not handle PowerPoint animations well.
You can't re-order slides within a presentation once they're uploaded.
No scheduling capability.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2015
Lauren K.
Training Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Great Customer Service, Would like more Reporting options"

Comments: MindFlash has been a great product that has been able to accommodate all of our training needs. Many departments use this portal, ranging from HR to Sales. It has a clean interface that is fairly easy to navigate. Some items are a little more tedious to work through, it would be nice to have more options in managing users and inviting existing trainees to multiple courses at a time. MindFlash's customer service is extremely prompt and reliable. All suggestions made are promptly addressed and in most cases, changes are made. I would like to see more advanced reporting options, as well. Such as drawing a report for individual trainees and all the courses they are invited too with their progress on it. The reporting now is limited.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Scott H.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2016

"Easy and Effective"

Comments: We needed a LMS to train a large number of people and find Mindflash to be a great tool for this. The ability to track who has taken our courses is one of the most valuable aspects of Mindflash for us. We also use the survey function to obtain feedback to improve our courses.

Pros: Easy to set up courses. Good basic reporting.

Cons: Inability to delete rather than hide old content makes courses with multiple revisions somewhat difficult to manage.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2016
Rick V.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2014

"Everything we were looking for"

Comments: The Hearth, Patio & Barbecue Education Foundation was looking for a new service provider as we transitioned from teaching live online classes to recorded OnDemand sessions. The Mindflash staff was great to work with from day one. The system is easy to use for both administrators and trainees. I've found them to be very responsive to questions and always looking for ways to improve the program. We have not experienced any reliability issues or down time. We currently have over 200 classes in the system. It is worth every dime we spend on it. We made the transition in the spring of 2013 and have never looked back. I am an avid fan.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2014
Senior Writer
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 10,000+ Employees

"Easy to use"

Comments: I like the ease of use of Mindflash. It is easy to get started and have training uploaded quickly. It offers the ability to host a lot of training with a user interface that is understandable by trainees.

Pros: Easy to use for trainees, instructional designers, and administrators.

Cons: Depending upon the level of membership, there are features that should be available but aren't. The opportunity to customize reports, certificates, etc. would be a plus. As it is, you are stuck with what they offer without the ability to customize.

Kevin K.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2011

"Simple"

Comments: Prior to finding Mindflash, Spam Soap didn t have a good way to track and test would-be trainees; all we had were YouTube videos embedded on our website. Mindflash has transformed our simple video library into a professional training curriculum, all while keeping our simple, clean, and easy ethos. It has become part of our standard on-boarding process for all new customers and the first post-sales encounter of the Spam Soap brand.

Pros: ease of use
simple, clean design

Cons: wish there were more granular billing tiers

• Reviewed on 06/07/2011
Monique M.
Team Leader
  • Reviewed on 22/09/2015

"User friendly, wonderful communication tool"

Comments: Eay to use format for even our computer challenged staff. We are able to track staff compliance and follow through with information presented on Mindflash. Email prompts alert staff of new information. Staff appreciate the increased accessibility as it is web based, so messages can read at work or at home. Mindflash has assisted in standardizing our staff education process.

• Reviewed on 22/09/2015
Pete
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2013

"Amazing"

Comments: User friendly, does exactly what is says on the tin and I have now had about 60 learners go through courses and none as of yet have reported anything other than how much they enjoyed the courses which basically means Mindflash did it's job providing the platform. Would 100% recommend them!

• Reviewed on 12/01/2013
Marja K.
trainer
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2014

"Mu review"

Comments: I like that it is really easy to use. It is a user friendly program. It takes a long time to open up the slides in the training, that is a con.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2014
Magda Z.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2016
  • Reviewed on 04/01/2016
Doug
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2013

"So Easy!"

Comments: I was able to get up and running in no time and start training my staff. Pros: Easy to set-up and fast/helpful customer service. Cons: Nothing Yet!

• Reviewed on 09/01/2013
Cindy R.
Marketing Associate
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2016

"Mindflash Call"

Comments: Customer experience is great. So far i've had a great experience using the software. New changes and personal desires I requested are also being implemented; this is nice to see from a customer perspective.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2016
John S.
Trainer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"6 yr customer"

Pros: Clean appearance of the home page, easy to develop courses, reports.

Cons: I found not being able to rotate the courses on iPhone unfortunate

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Greg F.
Managing Partner
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Review of Mindflash"

Comments: Training can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.

Pros: Mindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.

Cons: Nothing really, it works well and good value for money.

Mike D.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Mindflash is very versatile"

Comments: Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Pros: Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Cons: No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
David P.
National training Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2011

"Almost There.."

Comments: - Some of my update requests are ignored if other users do not share my same idea/opinion.
- Quizzing functions need an overhaul, still seems very basic and limited, AND I am not sure if I am using it correctly / efficiently.
Some areas of MF have been extremely well explained, while other areas remain as self-taught disciplines, which I think limits users and limits the effectiveness of the final, end-user product.

Pros: Can do just about anything we need when it comes to training.
Platform will accommodate both animation & narration, as well as video from multiple sources. Extremely useful.

Cons: -Color palette - no reason for the color palette to remain limited to (3) very simple schemes.
-Quizzing formats still need a lot of help:
--Incorrect answers need pop-ups w/ correct/ed info.
--Nd to be able to document time spent in a course by trainees.
--Quiz labels DO NOT hold enough characters.
--Picture upload is limited in size and space, limiting the versatility of this option.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2011