Mindflash Reviews

by Applied Training Systems

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.5 /5

About Mindflash

Learn how leading mid size companies easily train their remote teams from anywhere in the world with Mindflash. See a free demo today!

Learn more about Mindflash

Julie D.
safety officer
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/06/2020

"Overall happy"

Pros: I love the ease of use. We looked at several different LMS and mindflash was the easiest to load training, create quizzes, and maintain records. If I need to pull up a specific persons training I can pull up the scores quickly instead of tracking down our old paper records. If I need to update a slide in the presentation, I can change it in the module instead of having to create a new module like some we viewed. Other than some minor confusion, most of the users love the program. They found it easy to use.

Cons: Since we have started using Mindflash we have been bumped around to several different account managers. I will sometimes email the person who last handled the account and they say they have moved on to a different role and someone else handles the account now. It would be nice for them to be proactive and say hi I am your new account manager. Also there is no app and the mobile view isn't good. If I am out of the office and I need to reset an module I have to pull out my laptop instead of being able to do it on the phone. I can't scroll the individual modules and can only see reset the entire training from my phone.

• Reviewed on 25/06/2020
Rimoun O.
Senior Manager, Learning & Development
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2017

"Easy to use, but won't take you far"

Pros: I liked how easy it is to use Mindflash, however I found it to be very basic and at the time we used it, it was flash based and required you downloading an app for mobile use.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2017
Grant H.
Technical Trainer
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2016

"Mind flash Review as a Tech Trainer for Eastlink Cable systems"

Comments: Great online teaching tool, as a trainer for a company that is responsible for training over 700 technicians. When you consider that my tech's are spread out over the entire country (Canada) that is lot of territory to cover. Our training team is small so geographically speaking Mind flash gives us the tool to quickly send out training in a heartbeat. In addition we the tracking and reporting is great. Thanks
Grant

Pros: ease of use

Cons: PDF down load of trainee doesn't include all info however excel does

• Reviewed on 23/06/2016
Karen G.
Training Coordinator
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2017

"Mindflash Feedback 2017"

Comments: I think it is a great software, however, for training I am still looking for some added features: i.e. archived scoring, capturing training that has been completed pre-mindflash into the system etc..

Pros: Competency questions and the answer review.
Trainees can view the correct answers.
The use of different applications such as PP, Excel, Word, video

Cons: I would like archived scoring to show if trainees improved.
Add quizzes for live training and a complete functions.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2017
Derek B.
Health and Safety Manager
Research, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Extremely Helpful"

Pros: I love that the software can house tons of records for my company to login and use for quality compliance.

Cons: Not many cons with the software. The feature I dislike is some of the automatic arrangement features when arranging content, but there ways around.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Michelle W.
Director of Knowledge Solutions
Telecommunications, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2016

"One word - wow!"

Comments: We've been using this for a year to track certification training. Mindflash has helped to make our employees' lives easier because the training is available in one place and can be access anytime, any where they have Internet connectivity and from any device.

Pros: Ease of use for both the trainees, trainers and admins.

Cons: Re-certification is still missing.

• Reviewed on 18/07/2016
Randall P.
Business Consultant
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2015

"Good and Getting Better"

Comments: Mindflash is a very effective course delivery tool. We use it mainly to train customers how to use our software. It delivers content in an effective manner, and is easy for end users to navigate. Creating a course is very straightforward and many different types of media can be incorporated into the course design. There are quiz and survey creation and delivery tools, which are useful however require more development to make them truly efficient to use. Although Mindflash excels in course delivery it has several significant limitations when it comes to user management. Although there is fairly good course-to-student relationship management laid out, the student-to-course relationship is very poor at this point and needs significant work. There is no effective way to manage one student and all of their courses at this time. I understand that Mindflash is undertaking a significant overhaul of the software to address the user management issues. I have found their development team to be very open to new ideas and very receptive to customer feedback. I anticipate that the user management side of things will be much better in the near feature. Overall I find this product very useful and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based training system.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2015
Steve D.
Professional Development Coordinator
Individual & Family Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2017

"Mindflash is an great system. It has allowed us to improve our training program."

Pros: It is user-friendly. We can easily create training that is geared to our own needs. We can update or correct the training as needed. Our staff find the trainings easy to use.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2017
Dannette F.
Director, Learning Services
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2015

"Mindflash, a great entry- to mid-level LMS solution."

Comments: A learning management system (LMS) must address the needs of the ultimate end user, our internal and external customers. The LMS selected must have key features that allow users to be actively involved in their training. In the search to determine and compare key benefits and features, we identified industry-leading SaaS LMS providers, and participated in live demos and system trials to create our key features list. This list was used to compare the providers and determine our top three on our short list of providers. Our exclusive goal was finding an easy to use and flexible solution that contained most of the key features on our list. At a minimum, the LMS should have all the necessary on-line course tools for assessment, communication (tracking and reporting) collaboration, and the creation and management of on-line learning courses and program tracks. We completed a feature list comparison and found that Mindflash is our optimal solution provider. Mindflash met the majority of our feature requirements in side by side comparisons. We're thrilled to partner with Mindflash!

• Reviewed on 09/09/2015
Monique B.
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2016

"Mindflash has been a gift."

Comments: Our company grew from 20 to 60 employees in a few years and face to face training sessions became very time consuming for participants and trainers alike. Many of our courses are repeated annually and must cater for new starters and long serving employees alike. By giving staff this online raining option, Mindflash allows everyone to work at their own pace. This also prevents employee frustration at having to attend a course "to make up the hours". As the course coordinator I rate the ease of sending course invitations, automatic quiz marking, and the results and attendance monitoring and reporting as reason alone to invest in this product.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2016
Tyler A.
Senior Operations Officer
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Excellent Tool!"

Comments: Mindflash is incredible. Honestly, we've used other platforms in the past that were good. But, Mindflash takes the cake. Everything from the simplistic user interface, the real time reporting capabilities, the ability to customize and automate certificates for users (saves a ton of manual labor), and the training tool / arranger / compiler...whatever you want to call it - it's incredible. This is an all in one training system that certainly meets our needs and I am confident it will meet yours. Test it using the free trial period - it will put a smile on your face!

Pros: Simple, great options, great reporting.

Cons: Been using for 3 months and just keeps getting better as I learn more.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Tim B.
Director, Corporate Learning & Development
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2014

"Great Tool for Current Non-eLearning Users"

Comments: I've been in the learning and development for over 20 years and am now at a new company. This new company, until my arrival did not have an e-learning strategy. With Mindflash we now have a path to deliver just-in-time flexible training for our company. I've worked with high-end multimedia learning development tools in the past and Mindflash offers a new user/trainer a way to build an online cirriculum quickly and easily! It is easy to learn and even easier to use! There are a currently a few limitations - like being able to extract needed content, like existing courses for review and update, extracting trainee list in to a spreadsheet, extracting "missed" questions on a quiz. Also, would love to see the ability to track "attempts" on a quiz. Overall, I think the mindflash application is extremely useful and we have built a great set of online training modules for our internal teams. Thank you Mindflash - keep the updates coming!!

• Reviewed on 17/02/2014
Hesh S.
Manager of training and development
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2015

"Hesh Shorey's review"

Comments: I find very few if any cons to using Mindflash, but I do find a lot of pros. Number one is ease of use. I use another LMS systems as well and it has a very convoluted setup and training assignment process. MF is very easy to setup and use , it is also very flexible with what content can be added. We use it for both new hire and client training. The best thing for me in regard to those is that I know if the trainee has started, taken and completed the training along with how they did on the quiz. I would recommend Mindflash to anyone considering using a LMS.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2015
Robert i. D.
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2011

"Build your online courses fast and easy"

Comments: I use Mindflash to put together online courses for my classes because it really simplifies the process of building the course. It makes it much easier to communicate with my students and to track their results. The application is web-based and extremely easy to use.
I very much like that you can take contents (doesn´t matter if it is Word, PowerPoint, Flash, HTML, PDF,...) to create online courses and add quizzes.

Pros: Easy to use, email template option

Cons: It doesn´t give you the possibility to see a linear process of each course

• Reviewed on 17/11/2011
Sandra M.
Staff Development Director
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2013

"Mindflash"

Comments: As a trainer, with little to no experience creating and providing online training, I was overwhelmed as I looked for a way to provide this service to our volunteers. Mindflash was easy to learn and use. I am now creating training classes that are being rated highly by volunteers. Thank you Mindflash for being just what I needed.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2013
Christina G.
Channel Sales Trainer
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2016

"Great starter LMS"

Comments: We're using the LMS to train partners in using our software. It's not quite as robust as we'd like, but it is a great value product. It's easy to get started very quickly, and that was essential to this project.

Pros: I like the drag and drop interface. Our account manager has always been very responsive.

Cons: Reporting can be difficult to figure out.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2016
Tim W.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2014

"Very user friendly"

Comments: My company trains hundreds of employees per year. The Mindflash system has been reliable and very user friendly. I would recommend.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2014
Timm H.
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Changes and updates not conducive to our customer base."

Comments: Customer service and Sales are not customer focused, unexplained outages, 24/7 monitoring simply not true.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2017
John S.
Trainer
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/02/2020

"6 yr customer"

Pros: Clean appearance of the home page, easy to develop courses, reports.

Cons: I found not being able to rotate the courses on iPhone unfortunate

• Reviewed on 11/02/2020
Greg F.
Managing Partner
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2019

"Review of Mindflash"

Comments: Training can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.

Pros: Mindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.

Cons: Nothing really, it works well and good value for money.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2019
Mike D.
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2017

"Mindflash is very versatile"

Comments: Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Pros: Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Cons: No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

• Reviewed on 11/07/2017
David P.
National training Manager
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2011

"Almost There.."

Comments: - Some of my update requests are ignored if other users do not share my same idea/opinion.
- Quizzing functions need an overhaul, still seems very basic and limited, AND I am not sure if I am using it correctly / efficiently.
Some areas of MF have been extremely well explained, while other areas remain as self-taught disciplines, which I think limits users and limits the effectiveness of the final, end-user product.

Pros: Can do just about anything we need when it comes to training.
Platform will accommodate both animation & narration, as well as video from multiple sources. Extremely useful.

Cons: -Color palette - no reason for the color palette to remain limited to (3) very simple schemes.
-Quizzing formats still need a lot of help:
--Incorrect answers need pop-ups w/ correct/ed info.
--Nd to be able to document time spent in a course by trainees.
--Quiz labels DO NOT hold enough characters.
--Picture upload is limited in size and space, limiting the versatility of this option.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2011
Felix F.
Project Leader
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"Is easy to learn and intuitive in most of its modules."

Pros: The best thing about this LMS is its flexibility to invite participants to enroll in the courses, the user experience is very simple for my liking, the loading of content is very simple, the whole environment is very simple, I have worked with better LMS

Cons: A software developer understands very well how to create reports, but for the end user it is not easy, they are quite simple and not detailed reports, the structure of prices / user plans is not very flexible. It has the basic functions of an LMS but can be improved.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Erica R.
HR Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2014

"Mindflash Confusion"

Comments: there are a lot of great functions, but it's a basic website, there are areas that could be tweaked, sometimes its confusing coming in as a newbie, but once you get the hang of it, the website admins think it's cute to move things around on you and change things. i get that you want to update your site, but give us a heads up, send out an email. sometimes adding/dropping people can be a hassle, why can't i archive people from the main trainee page?? when i am trying to add a new candidate, and it alerts me that there is a duplicate email, why can't i clear the cells, if i add them to a group, there is a clear all function, but that doesn't work for the first, last and email options, why have a Clear all Button if it doesn't work?? why is there a manage users page and a trainees page?? that is so confusing and redundant. if i'm trying to archive someone i can't see when the modules were sent and i have to toggle back and forth to clear up the list when if they were all on one page, i could just do everything from one darn page! the site does what we need for a basic training module, but overall, there are some big problems.

by Mindflash Technologies on 11/06/2014

Erica, thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Mindflash constantly responds to customer feedback and yes we do make changes to the product. To minimize the disruption it may cause, we send email and in-product notifications about webinars and demos before any major changes.

It looks like we aren't meeting your workflow needs. We will follow up to learn more and see how we can improve the flow for you so that we can make your life easier.

The Mindflash team

• Reviewed on 11/06/2014
Peter G.
Training Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2014

"From Paper to E-Learning with Mindflash"

Comments: Mindflash has revolutionised the way we deliver theory training within our company. We have made a seamless transition from paper based documents to 100% on-line E-Learning modules. Mindflash is one of the easiest systems to use to arrange short courses, build a series towards a certificate of competency, or just to ensure all staff are aware of changes within our business or a client's business. The quiz feature allows imaginative ways to assess staff and reinforce learning objectives. The tracking feature and advanced reports are a key to our operations, they have alleviated the need for copious spreadsheets and administration intervention. We have ten administrators who are actively using the product across Australia and New Zealand. The ease of use meant we didn't have to spend more than one hour in explaining its functions. Over the year (our first year) we have had staff complete 2,500 courses and the system is a great success.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2014