15 years helping British businesses

About B-Line

All-in-one smart building platform that leverages AI and IoT technologies to centralize building operations to a single pane of glass.

Learn more about B-Line

Pros:

Very easy to use, extremely easy to set up and off board.

Cons:

Not sure if it works while app is closed, but that could be handy.

B-Line ratings

4.9
5.0
4.6
4.9

8.9/10

B-Line has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 38 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used B-Line before?

Banking, 10,000+ Employees

Facilities Management of the future

Pros:

Very easy to use, extremely easy to set up and off board.

Cons:

If you lose your phone, you lose your access

Andrew
Executive Director in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

Very strong product

Comments: We were opening a new living lab with many users from different organizations. We required a system that would provide access control and room bookings for all members. We worked closely with the B-Line team to create a good experience for all members.The platform provided helpful insights on space utilization. The backend functionality was simple and intuitive.

Pros:

B-Line was used for access control, visitor management, room bookings and alerts. It is an intuitive system for users and admnistrators. It provided good insights on space utilization, daily users. It comes with a rich feature set.

Cons:

The alerts/notifications feature works well but if you don't have the app open while inside, you may not receive notifications right away.

Grant
Grant
COO in Canada
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

PIER resident company user review

Pros:

Proximity door access, room schedules, and room bookings are great features to have as a user

Cons:

Door access can be unreliable, many software updates, selecting a time slot for the room booking wasn't very intuitive. It was quite easy to select the wrong 15-minute time slot - depending on how you interpret the time markings. However, I'm pleased to see that this has been updated and is much clearer!

Lane
Director, Communications and Marketing in Canada
Maritime, 51–200 Employees

B-Line Review

Pros:

B-Line provides an excellent service to users. The software provides an easy and secure access and entry control system, but it goes far beyond that by providing information on space utilization and when necessary, contract tracing.

Cons:

Compared to a traditional swipe card access system, B-Line adds an additional step in having to call up the app. But the benefits of added security, additional data monitoring and other value-added services that come with B-Line software far outweigh what amounts to a very simple behavioural change. After having used the software for over a year now, the process of loading the app on entry is now second nature.

Corey
Director Business Development in Canada

Daily User, Big Fan

Comments: Outstanding

Pros:

The software is super simple to use and makes it easy to access the building and book rooms.The other day someone gave me an access card for a different co-working space that doesn't use B-Line, and I thought to myself the last thing I want is another card in my wallet.If you have tenants, they'll appreciate having the B-Line App.

Cons:

I'd love to see some of my user stats! I think I may have the most days in the office at the PIER, at least a top contender :)

Ryan
Operations Lead in Canada
Commercial Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

B-line

Comments: B-Line fills a need for The PIER like no other product can. Between visitor management and rook booking, B-Line fills this need across one platform where normally it would take minimum two if not more. Their customer service is top-notch and always eager to resolve issues.

Pros:

B-Line has a very user friendly front end that allows for easy onboarding and room booking.

Cons:

Eagerly awaiting some updated features.

Conner
Founder in US
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

A must-have for modern facility management

Comments: I've been using B-Line for several years now. As a young company, I've been impressed with their pace for adding new features. Looking forward to seeing what they add next.

Pros:

I've been using B-Line for years and by far the best part of the experience is working with a team that knows what they're doing. The apps and surrounding hardware are impressively well-planned but the team's experience is what really sets B-Line apart.

Cons:

I honestly don't have any cons to mention. Everything works as intended and is well- supported.

matt
Director, NA Engineering Hubs in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Phenomenal User Experience

Comments: Flexible and remote work culture and tour visits and workshops.

Pros:

Easy to use, fast, and reliable app. Allows me and my colleagues to accomplish everything we needs for a flexible work from home / in office culture.

Cons:

I like everything. No complaints at all! Team is responsive for the very limited bugs. I have ever encountered

Mahbubur
Project Manager in US
Research, 11–50 Employees

Mahbubur's review

Pros:

Access is easy to use when it works. Room booking is great too.

Cons:

it stopped functioning on my phone often. I had to go the B line staff for troubleshoot

Lana
Managing Director in US
Environmental Services, 2–10 Employees

Love B-Line- thank you!

Pros:

Great UX and super easy to use. Helped modernize the security of my office exponentially!

Cons:

there isn't anything in particular that I don't like - it's a great too

Camryn
Junior Scientist in Canada
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

B-Line Review

Comments: Positive experience

Pros:

The app is quite easy to use and isn't an additional bother to a typical workday. I like being able to access the building through my phone and not an external card, and booking meeting rooms through the app is great.

Cons:

I think it would be useful to have an option on the app to choose the time I want to book a meeting room without clicking the blocks. Sometimes it take me many tries to get the correct block of time for meeting room booking because it automatically picks the time period and it's difficult to adjust.

Ashley
Operations Coordinator in Canada
Research, 11–50 Employees

Great multi-user function

Comments: I enjoy the ease of room bookings. It is not to not have to carry around a plastic badge to get in and out of the building, everyone always has their phone on them.

Pros:

Ease of multiple organizations being able to book the same work spaces / meeting rooms.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to see who has the room booked in the chance people needed to move meeting spaces around. It would be great to easily add the room booking into the Outlook meeting invite, other than manually typing out the room details each time a room is booked.

Curtis
Project Manager in Canada
Renewables & Environment, 11–50 Employees

Simple office access from your phone

Comments: Easy to use, and don’t think about it often, which is the sign of a good product!

Pros:

It’s really easy to use the app to access the office rather than having an extra fob to add to the keychain. Meeting room booking is also easy to use and a good feature.

Cons:

Initially guests were unable to notify us of arrival, which made office access for guests challenging. With the new feature of visitor notifications added, this will be great.

Kiah
Industry Project Manager in Canada
Information Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use!

Pros:

I really like that this software replaces a key fob, which I would inevitably forget at home. This app is so easy to use for accessing our building everyday, and you can use it for room booking so you have all of your office management needs in one app. It's great!

Cons:

I think this app fits my needs well, and I don't have any complaints!

Jongwon
Data Engineer in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Very Convinient

Pros:

You don't need a name tag any longer using this app! This app seems to be also all-in-one platform, which provides functions that you need typically working in the office (Booking meeting room, visitor management, etc)

Cons:

Nothing really so far, I've been using it without error. I'm just looking forward to other functions to be added.

Ben
Data Scientist in Canada
Maritime, 11–50 Employees

Great for Building Management

Comments: Overall the program is easy to use and is excellent for building management

Pros:

Love the use of cell phone for building access vs another keycard.Was great for booking conference rooms for meatings

Cons:

Had issues with the notification system and being contacted if a guest has arrived

Andre
Engineer in Canada
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2–10 Employees

Good software that does the job well.

Comments: It's good

Pros:

The B-Line software is easy to use, bug free and very intuitive.

Cons:

No issues to report here, I guess the fact that I need to install it on my device is a 'thing' and I'm worried that the software is spying on my activity to some level.

Elisa
Barista in Canada
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

B-line saves you time!!!

Pros:

it's a good application, it works simply, it is updated frequently and it allows you to have easy access to the designated buildings without having to wait!

Cons:

I think it works great , I‘ve never any problems with it!

Lindsay
Manager, IT Support Services in Canada
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51–200 Employees

User review

Pros:

It was very user friendly and did not encounter many issues

Cons:

I like using a card, or at least having it as a back up option. If I forget my cellphone or it dies I could not access the building.

Sophie
Data Readiness Program Manager in Canada
Research, 2–10 Employees

Average user of B-Line

Comments: Overall I have had no issues using B-Line other than not being able to book rooms that are booked but unoccupied. Have had an overall positive experience with B-Line

Pros:

Found the product extremely easy to use and implement (thought I was not doing the implementation). Enjoy being able to book rooms virtually.

Cons:

The experience of booking rooms could be improved with a check-in feature (maybe similar to the building entrance) - as I have found often people book rooms and then do not use them. This is difficult as there are limited spaces where one can have private meetings.

Lu
Cloud Architect in Canada

Very good app

Comments: My overall experience is great.

Pros:

It's so convenient and easy to use. The software is very light weighted, but powered.

Cons:

No. I don't have any negative comments using this software.

Hospitality, 201–500 Employees

Excellent for Hospitality

Pros:

Excellent for short-term hospitality room and amenity access control.

Cons:

Not many cons. B-line helped us get past our access control issues.

Alastair
Director of Business Development in Canada
Design, 51–200 Employees

Access control and Room booking made easy

Comments: no issues

Pros:

Easy to use, easy access to building and associated facilities

Cons:

You have t o make sure you turn it off after you leave the building

Jenaro
Simulation Specialist in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Practical access control tools

Comments: practical and reliable

Pros:

The app is quite effective and reliable

Cons:

you must use it with a cellphone or portable device with Bluetooth

Fernando
Hardware Engineer in Canada
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11–50 Employees

B-Line Review, OceanSync User

Pros:

The phone tap access makes it very easy.

Cons:

Having to have Bluetooth on for the phone tap to work.