Filter by:

• Overall

About Act-On

Act-On is a growth marketing automation leader that offers solutions for marketers to engage targets throughout the customer lifecycle.

Learn more about Act-On

Director of Sales
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Excellent Segmentation and Automation Tools"

Comments: Act-On is instrumental for meeting our company's revenue goals with email marketing campaigns.

Pros: Act-On gives me the ability to get extremely specific with my target prospects and customers. It's easy to build new segments and immediately see the size of those groups. It's very useful for data mining and determining where to focus your marketing efforts. For example, in just a couple of minutes (assuming you've done the work to collect the information from customers and store them properly in custom lists) you can create a segment of prospects who have downloaded or purchased x product from your website, meet criteria x,y,z for their attributes, have opened or clicked messages in a specific timeframe, and have visited a specific page of your website. You have the ability to get as granular as you want. You can then build automated programs that send targeted and timely messages depending on where these prospects are in your funnel and use conditional logic to define any future interactions.

Cons: The UI in some areas of the platform could use some design enhancements for aesthetics and for consistency throughout.

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

So great to hear that you're a fan of Act-On. Sounds like you're using it exactly as intended and seeing great results. That's fantastic! Thanks for sharing your review.

Diana F.
Customer Service & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2019

"Best Marketing Automation Tool ever!"

Comments: Coming from no experience at all, to being able to automate programs and have all the detailed information and reporting on them is a huge step for me. I've been using other Marketing Automation platforms also, but they are just to complicated.
Act-On is very user-friendly and easy to use, learn and understand, and also has very detailed step-by-step guides to every feature they offer, besides the courses you can go over at their University.
Customer support is always there to help and very effective.

Pros: That you can do everything in one place, you don't need to code anything, (it is useful if you want to improve features or personalize a little bit more, but really not necessary) all modules are easy to use.
You have Social Media, Automation, Reporting, Scoring, detailed contact information, connectors, etc.

Cons: I think that lists could be updated a bit, like being able to sort by any of the columns.
I don't like that they don't have a connector for Instagram and only to webinar options.

by Act-On Software on 26/06/2019

Hi Diana,
Thanks so much for your positive review! We love your feedback and are so glad you're an Act-On enthusiast.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2019
Vice President, Marketing
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2018

"Very Solid Product for Very Little Money"

Comments: Our target markets have become much more complicated as we've grown, and ActOn allows us to segment our campaigns to send the right message to the right audience - by geography, vertical, etc.

Pros: Syncing with SFDC is awesome. Easy to use - novices can pick it up quickly. Reporting is quite good and easy to understand. Love the continuous product improvements that are made.

Cons: WYSIWYG can drive you crazy, especially with formatting and fonts and hyperlinks, making it tedious to get the look you want. Lately it has been very slow to load, especially photos/graphics.

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

Thanks for posting your review. I agree that it's easy to pick up and hit the ground running especially if you take advantage of the University, the User Community and the awesome Boot Camp trainings. Learn more on the Community here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Josh G.
Account-Based Marketing Specialist
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"Great tool starting out but has some minor flaws"

Comments: It's a great tool starting out but I think in the long-run you would need another option. If you're looking for a pretty simple, effective marketing automation platform that syncs with Salesforce easily and can do some pretty advanced things, this is a great option but may not be the best if you're looking to do advanced tactics.

Pros: - The simplicity of the interface and overall product
- Creating email programs is a nice drag and drop style
- Pretty advanced options in creating a program
- Salesforce sync is nice when building out lists. Being able to save syncing preferences is a great option that reduces time.
- Don't have to know HTML or CSS to use
- Nice Inbound section for SEO, paid ads, and website visits (if you're doing ABM you can see what companies are coming to your site).

Cons: - The platform for us is really slow. We have a lot of emails going out and it can really slow down the entire platform, which can be frustrating.
- Segmenting within a program not that great
- Adding multiple IF branches almost break the entire platform. Clicking on one segment to change can take 10 seconds to load the drop-down menu.
- The menu can get really confusing at times
- Knowledge-base is nonexistent. I can never find any resource from Act-On that helps with problems I encounter. I have to email or call them every time.
- Can't dive into reports (at least in my account). I can see an overall report but I can't dive into specific campaigns, lists or by time period.

by Act-On Software on 07/05/2018

Hi Josh,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review. We really appreciate your honest feedback and always strive to improve the product.
Thanks again,

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Kerry M.
Kerry M.
Marketing Specialist
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Very Effective"

Comments: My experience has been great! We don't have an overly complicated marketing plan and this does everything that we need it to do.

Pros: This software works very well for our company. A lot of people I've chatted with feel it's out of date but for us, it's perfect. It's easy to write and send an email campaign, and even easier to track the results! I also appreciate how easy it is to use with Dynamics CRM and upload .csv files.

Cons: There really isn't anything I don't like about this software. I haven't had a negative experience and it hasn't disappointed me in any way.

by Act-On Software on 17/07/2019

Hi Kerry,
Thanks so much for posting your review. We love customer feedback and are so happy you're an Act-On enthusiast!

Cheers,

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Kristen L.
Program Manager
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2016

"ActOn - Pretty Good for the Price"

Pros: The platform is very simple to understand and use. You don't need much training before you can get up and running building e-mails, landing pages, and programs for marketing automation. There is a lot of room for customization as well. Also, the price is a bit lower than some other marketing automation software.

Cons: There are some issues within the landing page builder - sometimes it is hard to get the object placement right if you do not know the HTML coding on the back end. The system also can run a bit slow at times.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2016
Owner - Director of All That Happens
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"All the features & exceptional service without overpaying"

Comments: I'm impressed overall with the Act-On team and I am a client advocate. I <3 AO!

Pros: I like that I am able to have all the functionality I require in a marketing automation tool without overpaying. It is important to me that I can use as much or as little of the software as I need. It's very robust and provides connectors and performance in outbound social and email, scoring, competitive insights, just like it's competitors but without paying for a Farrarri.

Cons: Sometimes I find that I don't understand the handling of cases/issues I bring forward and I get a little frustrated and don't end up with solutions. Sometimes, that's bcs I didn't see an email but I sometimes don't get closure and I wish there was better communication about that aspect.

by Act-On Software on 10/01/2019

Thanks so much for posting a review. We love your enthusiasm and appreciate your feedback.!

Client Development Manager
Broadcast Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2019

"Excellent service without needed to hire more staff"

Comments: Excellent customer service, fantastic training program, continued support

Pros: Ease of use, integration into company process, no need to hire more staff to manage the program

Cons: Not as many integrations as available as other platforms, but not necessarily holding us back.

by Act-On Software on 12/04/2019

Thanks so much for the great feedback! We love hearing from customers and appreciate that you took the time to post a review.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2019
Amy F.
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2013

Comments: When it came to a marketing automation solution, our organization took the Goldilocks approach: First, we tried Pardot and found that it really didn't deliver what we were looking for. Their lack of lead attribution functionality just didn't work for us. We wanted to be able to connect the dots on sales and marketing touches but ultimately know which touch landed us the business. The process that Pardot defined for us meant that we had to add several steps to our own process. It was not what we expected out of an automated program. Second, we tried Marketo and found that it was overwhelmingly complicated. Again, not what we expected out of an automated system. Not only was it complicated to set up campaigns, but it was also complicated to get some assistance if we ran into a problem. We'd have to put in a ticket, call to follow up, wait for someone to get back to us and then wait for them to hear back from overseas trainers and developers to get back to them so they could circle back around to us. Several times, we were told that we needed to pay for some additional add-on or additional training. Finally, we moved to Act-On and they have been "just right." Our implementation was a breeze, and the software does exactly what we want it to do - and then some. As with any new software, we had questions and user issues, etc. but the Act-On crew was always there with answers - sometimes within minutes of us contacting them! The software is great, but what makes Act-On different is their team. It's comforting to know that we have advocates there that really want us to succeed.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2013
Krystal M.
Krystal M.
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Great value package"

Pros: A full feature digital marketing platform that's well integrated with other CRM platforms, but at a modest price.

Cons: Lacks ability to post to Instagram, and doesn't have the full functionality with Facebook.

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

Hi Krystal. Thank you for posting your review and sharing your feedback. Love hearing that you get a lot of value from Act-On.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Consultant
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"I use Act-On to do marketing work for a consulting firm"

Comments: Overall it's been a great experience. I think I need more training.

Pros: The ease of use and clear structure of saving my files and documents

Cons: connectivity with my crm is difficult and i still dont think its working properly to be honest

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

Thanks for posting your review. If you're interested in training, I'd recommend you check out our virtual and regional boot camps. Boot Camps are an awesome way to hone your Act-On skills and set you up for success. Check out the upcoming dates here: https://www.act-on.com/datasheet/act-on-university-new-user-boot-camp/

John B.
Marketing & Advertising
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2015

"Act-On to Get Your Act Together"

Pros: I really like how easy it is to set this product up with other 3rd party platforms.
It was very easy to integrate with Salesforce, BigCommerce and a 3PL system for logistics.
The logic is very easy to understand and easy to test.
Pricing is great as well.

Cons: I don't really dislike anything about the platform.
I do not like that is not as popular as some of it's competitors.
Other than that I have only found good things in relation to this platform.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2015
Digital Marketing Manager
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/09/2018

"Best Marketing Automation for sales teams not using a CRM"

Comments: I am a big fan of Act-On and have implemented it for a variety of small to medium size companies.

Pros: I love the ease of use and the sales tools.

Cons: I would like to be able to have a seed list category, so my seeds don't keep opting out.

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

Thanks for posting your review. We're so happy you're happy!

Denise D.
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2017

"Great value"

Pros: Hands down the best customer support. Anytime we have any question about /anything, their customer support is extremely responsive.

Cons: There are a few qwirky things about the software and they can be slow to adapt at times but they do listen to customers.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2017
Sam N.
Sr. Content Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2017

"Excellent Support and Customer Service"

Pros: I love the customer support and service we get from Act-On. The staff is always friendly with us and very helpful. If they don't have an answer or an issue resolved, they will take the time to email us later in the day to ensure we get the correct information.

Cons: I don't have too much experience in HTML or other coding, and this is a software that is very heavily relied upon for those skills.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2017
Senior Demand Generation Lead
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018

"High functionality but not intuitive to use"

Pros: You can do quite a lot with Act-on, although it does not have as much functionality as Marketo it is more affordable.

Cons: The interface is not very intuitive or free-flowing. Integration with Salesforce.com could be better

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2018
Digital Marketing Executive
Real Estate, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2019

"Dezrez"

Comments: Great platform

Pros: The functionality was really extensive and the automation programmes

Cons: The support kept changing and account manager

by Act-On Software on 29/05/2019

Thanks for posting your review. We appreciate your feedback.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Founder, CEO
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2018

"Terrible email delivery, customer support issues not fixed, but huge promises by sales for lock in"

Comments: No benefits when looking back, lots of time, and money lost.

Pros: The company's main advantage (whether they market it or not, but they definitely use it during a sale) is they allow for companies to BUY lists and bring in cold contacts. Almost every other provider prohibits this. Well, that's why for good companies, your marketing performance and emails drop wayyy down. And worse, their support imagines nothing is wrong, and everything is going OK. They will also negotiate your price far lower than others, to lock you into an annual contract.

Cons: - Email delivery is terrible
- Their support tried to help, but makes false promises on waiting
- Locked into a major contract, which even with their lack of performance, is tough to leave
- Their UI is really, really bad
- Barely any templates for things like landing pages, emails, etc.
- General data between modules is not easy to gather, collect or use for additional sales.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2018
Samuel L.
Samuel L.
Head Of Marketing
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2017

"Act-On Has Become A Beneficial Process For Our Sales & Marketing Teams"

Comments: We can consistently track visitors and create drip campaigns all from the same platform in a matter of minutes.

Pros: Act-On's ability to track customers that visit the website and what pages they subsequently visit afterwards.

Cons: It would be nice if Act-On would develop a system to track a visitor using an incognito window or private browser.

• Reviewed on 16/11/2017
Shawna M.
Marketing Director
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2018

"ActOn Review"

Comments: Overall we have a good experience with Act-On.

Pros: Once I learned the ends and out, it is really easy to use. Although I just recently took over using the software from a former employee.

Cons: There are probably lots I still need to learn. But, I have not seen where an image could be edited once uploaded.

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

Thanks for sharing your review, Shawna! Be sure to check out the Act-On User Community for great tips, tricks, best practices and training resources. We're here to help you achieve marketing automation success!

• Reviewed on 13/09/2018
Project Coordinator

"Review from T. Currie"

Comments: I send out a lot of emails using Act-On. I also love the reports as we have to generate a lot of them to send to our clients.

Pros: User friendly, quick and convenient! I use it everyday and I enjoy how easy it is to use and also train others to use.

Cons: The customer service when you have a question/issue hasn't been the greatest.

by Act-On Software on 09/01/2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. Another great resource for tips, tricks and best practices is the Act-On User Community. Check it out! https://community.act-on.com/home

Amber M.
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"clunky, mediocre, customer support is hit or miss and hard to get a hold of"

Pros: I like that I can build drip campaigns or send one-time emails. I also like using the send over time feature. I like the variety of options in how to customize email content.

Cons: The tool is clunky-not very user friendly. It takes too many clicks to get to the screen you want, whether it's changing a step in an automated program or checking email opens on a report. The reporting is very limited and makes my reporting process very manual because it doesn't provide what I need. Whenever I call customer service, there is at least a half an hour wait to get through. If I leave a voicemail, they do not call back. They email instead and provide very limited answers in the responses, so it takes multiple emails back and forth to get the information I need. The whole email process takes several days until my issue is resolved.

by Act-On Software on 07/05/2018

Hi Amber,
Thanks for your honest feedback. We appreciate it and take it to heart. I'm sorry you've had some frustrating experiences. I will be sure to let your Account Manager know so that we can address your concerns.
Thanks,

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Tony C.
PLM Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Nice Automated Workflows for Social Media and Marketing"

Pros: Act-On is a comprehensive platform for automating marketing across social media and marketing tools. It comes with eight automated customizable program templates. The best feature is a simple drag-and-drop workflow creator that simplifies automating processes. No coding knowledge required. Act-ON syncs perfectly back with whichever CRM tool you're using through every part of your marketing campaign to keep Sales and Marketing aware of how things are going.

Cons: Act-On is overpriced compared to the other tools on the market. Some features, such as the functionality for cross-channel intelligence, data visualization, having more than 2500 contacts, or more than 50 sales users, is only offered at the more expensive "Enterprise" tier.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Shaun W.
Shaun W.
Audience Development Manager
Newspapers, 201-500 Employees

"Shaun's review"

Comments: It's has been great, the ramp up and training provided has been tremendous.

Pros: Ease of use and template share between markets is great.

Cons: All the bells and whisltes are a bit overwhelming.

by Act-On Software on 21/09/2018

Hi Shaun! I'm so glad you've taken advantage of the Act-On new user training. That's awesome. It really does help set you up for success.
If you haven't already, I also suggest checking out the Act-On User Community where you can exchange best practices, tips and tricks with other users. You'll find it here: https://community.act-on.com/home

Michelle S.
Digital Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2017

"Great Automation Platform"

Pros: There are so many functionalities with Act-On. With email marketing, you can use one of their well-designed templates, or upload your own or create text based emails. The plug and play options are incredibly easy to use.

Cons: It can be hard to find the page you're looking for within the menu because of the multiple dropdowns or the naming convention.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2017