15 years helping British businesses

About Salesforce Backup

Enterprise-grade backup and recovery for comprehensive Salesforce data protection.

Learn more about Salesforce Backup

Pros:

Easy to use, good value, good backup for our company.

Cons:

The criteria in the search engine are limited.

Salesforce Backup ratings

4.8
4.6
4.7
4.6

8.5/10

Salesforce Backup has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 75 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Backup before?

SEO Consultant in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

CloudAlly Saved Me!

Comments: Couldn't be happier thus far. Like I said, it's like insurance for me. Very high quality insurance but at an affordable price. A truly outstanding value. Highly recommended.

Pros:

I have other backup solutions in place including web-based and physical drive solutions, but purchased CloudAlly primarily as an easy way to automate backup of all my Microsoft 365 data; primarily emails, and secondarily contacts, calendars & tasks. I spent many hours researching solutions and went with CloudAlly for the combination of 3 things: 1) Core Features: Ability to automate backups and ability to do manual restores of my O365 data. 2) Simplicity: No complicated interfaces or processes; no learning curve at all - totally intuitive. 3) Price: A great value vs. both other paid solutions and free solutions. It's right in the sweet spot! For me, it's like low cost insurance. I've been using the service for almost 3 years now and have only needed to use it 2-3 times in total - most recently just a week ago - but man-oh-man... when I needed it, it saved my butt! I consider myself well-organized administratively, especially with emails. But just last week, as an example, I went to access an email from a folder I had created and for reasons unknown, the email - along with a group of other related emails - were all gone. I did a thorough search through all my 10k+ emails, and I still don't how it happened, but they were gone. So... I logged into CloudAlly, entered a keyword search, and CloudAlly displayed a short list of emails containing that keyword... and boom - there were my 'missing' emails. Literally 2-3 clicks and 30 seconds and my emails were back in my inbox!

Cons:

Honestly, I haven't experienced any negatives yet, which I know is surprising with software, but that's been my experience with CloudAlly thus far.

Julia
Project Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11–50 Employees

Affordable Salesforce Backup Solution

Comments: Reliable backup with great pricing, especially with bundles. We have only had to use a backup once and it worked well and was relatively easy to get the backup. Setup was simple.

Pros:

CloudAlly was very affordable compared to competitors and we liked that we could bundle our Box backup with our Salesforce backup.

Cons:

Some restoring features can be hard to learn but it works well and is reliable.

Alternatives Considered: Own

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Backup: The price point was cheaper and it had a Box backup which we also needed.

Jared
Managing Partner in US
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

Incompetent recover

Pros:

It runs on autopilot. There are also limited other options.

Cons:

When I tried to restore from Box (where most of my backed up data resides), there were massive data security breaches--in particular, files that were not shared with anyone but the original creator were shared with third parties (which was fortunately brought to my attention immediately by a quick-thinking third party, allowing me to limit the damage). I had to shut down my restoration attempt because I did not want to risk any further breaches. I keep subscribing to this service solely because it is cheap and there are few other options. When I first learn of a competent alternative, I will immediately subscribe for it and drop this service.

Peter
CTO in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Simple to use product that just works without a headache

Pros:

Low cost, easy to install, no fuss. We were able to launch the product and get it working within an hour.

Cons:

The product is a perfect product, the only extra feature it could use is some sort of alerts and monitoring, but it is not necessary.

Alternatives Considered: NoneBounce

Laura
Technical Program Manager in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Easy to use and comprehensive backup product

Comments: To have the daily backups and recovery which is not provided by core product.

Pros:

The daily automated backup and the ease of accessing backup information has been invaluable.

Cons:

I have not found any issues with CloudAlly.

Alternatives Considered: Own

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Backup: Ease of use, simplicity and met all the requirements for a better cost.

Jo
Administrator in Colombia
Research, 2–10 Employees

Only backup tool that wokred for us

Pros:

The only tool that offers the data backup options we need for a small organization. Through integrated backup features, this tool is critical to ensure our data is protected and regular backups allow us to restore all data even if all company data is corrupted and a virus enters our systems.

Cons:

It is a financial burden being a small organization to invest in cyber security but the best option we could find.

Alternatives Considered: pCloudy and Dropbox Backup

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Backup: Allows us to backup data with ease, and does automatic regular backups without actions.

Donovan
CTO in US
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

My CloudAlly Experience

Comments: This is a key solution in backing up and restoring content from our M365 platform. This utility is included in our company's DR practice. It helps us eliminate the high cost of on-perm backup utility and reduce the time spent on validating and verifying backups. We had a good experience with this backup utility.

Pros:

Backup of the entire M365 mailboxes, and SharePoint folders including ODB Secured access from anywhere Ability to view user's mailbox and SharePoint contents from the console Backup scheduling Multiple restoration options Search engine Ability to pause former user's contents

Cons:

The user interface is not as friendly, meaning; when navigating to the exchange feature to restore a user mailbox, it's too many clicks. I would like to see a dashboard on the home page that shows the different activities. The criteria in the search engine are limited. Including a keyword option that allows searches within the body of the user's email would be a good help. Lack of a report option.

Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Good product, good value for money

Pros:

Pricing vs. ownbackup. the daily mail saying if the job ran or not

Cons:

We had to make changes to the admin profile settings to have it wotk

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Backup: Price

Kyle
President in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Easy, affordable option for Salesforce Backup

Comments: Gives me peace of mind knowing that my data is being backed up and helps me to meet regulatory requirements.

Pros:

This software is easy to setup. It is also easy to run a restore point.

Cons:

If you have data feeds (or customizations) from other vendors, they may show up as users and you may be charged at renewal. It is easy enough to call support and get the issue resolved.

Phillip
CEO in UK
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

A wonderfu; service so far

Comments: Just brilliant

Pros:

So easy to use, seems very secure, regular back-ups and notifications

Cons:

Haven't done a recovery yet...so will see how that goes.

Alternatives Considered: Veeam Data Platform

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Backup: Better price and easier to use

Leslie
Director Contract Administration, SFDC Admin in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best solution for the problem!

Comments: CloudAlly is extremely user friendly and provides you with the comfort in knowing your data is being backed up on a daily basis. The support staff is excellent as well (although I have only used them once I believe).

Pros:

CloudAlly is very easy to deploy and is there on a daily basis to back up my instance of Salesforce.

Cons:

I don't really have anything "negative" to say because we haven't had to use for anything except backup and comparison.

Daniel
Owner in US
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Does it's job

Pros:

works in the background and easy to setup

Cons:

that it doesn't work with even more of my software programs

Toby
Principal in US
Architecture & Planning, Self Employed

ease of mind

Pros:

I am absolutely thankful for the cloudally services. They provide me with the ease of mind that all our files on our google drives are being backed up daily in case of an emergency or hack.

Cons:

I have had no issues. The product is easy to use.

Craig
IT manager in Australia
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Set and forget backup

Pros:

Easy to set up and it automatic adjusts to adding or deleting of users. Low or no need to adjust once set up.

Cons:

I have to pay? Seriously, your going to have to pay somehow, either in money or in the loss of privacy.

Eva
Principal in US
Architecture & Planning, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use

Pros:

Never had an issue with the product. Peace of mind that our files are safely backed up.

Cons:

No negative features to report. Works well.

Josh
Operations Manager in Australia
Arts & Crafts, 11–50 Employees

Easy all in one

Pros:

Covers bases of backing up salesforce & M365 in a quick and easy fashion

Cons:

I was able to get a better price working with my sale rep, however, I would like to access that price without the sales process

Alternatives Considered: Veeam Data Platform

Josep
IT Manager in Spain
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Correct

Comments: It allows to recover documents deleted by users, which is very important when we need it.

Pros:

plan the backup copies and the restoration of the same in case of need

Cons:

I haven't found anything to improve, for now the features it includes meet our needs

Jason
President in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Peace of Mind

Pros:

Knowing that we have a daily offsite back up provides great peace of mind for my business.

Cons:

It would be great if i could set up a sync to an external device.

Avik
Sales Manager in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Simple , Easy & Reliable Backup for Salesforce

Comments: Helps protect my SF org with daily backups. The restores are easy & I don't need to be an SF admin to use it

Pros:

Simple UI, Independent Platform, East Restores

Cons:

None, Fit my requirements perfectly. Happy with the product

Gabrielle
Chief of Staff in UK
Market Research, 11–50 Employees

Works great for ISO backup!

Comments: Highly recommend to any company, easy to use, safe and secrue

Pros:

I like that I do not have to worry that our files are not being back-up daily. I have reports that come through every time there is a backup so I always have a backlog.

Cons:

It is quite expensive but well worth it!

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Affordable Data Recovery for All

Comments: My overall experience been pretty good. I have not had any issues with back ups so far. So I have not reached out to Customer Service as of yet.

Pros:

I like how easy the homepage and dashboard is to quickly retrieve or recover any data files. And also to integrating it with Google workspace was pretty simple.

Cons:

From what I last remember I am not sure if it bags up for other Google products, but the essentials are. Things like Google jam board, Google drawings and others, like this, would like to have back up as well

Rakhmad
Managing Lawyer in Canada
Law Practice, 11–50 Employees

We enjoy the ease of use with Google Workspace

Pros:

Easy to use. Affordable. Ability to choose the right data centres.

Cons:

Sometimes, when we login from our google account, it prompts me to re-login for the 2nd time.

Derek
IT Manager in Canada
Civil Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Good Product

Pros:

Its simple and it works. Dashboard is clear what's working and not.

Cons:

Configuration changes aren't always seamless but it works.

Della
Office Manager/Attorney in US
Law Practice, 2–10 Employees

Review of Cloud Ally

Pros:

The ease of use (scheduling, ongoing backups, security).

Cons:

I have no cons. I have appreciated the ease of use of this product.

Suzanne
CEO in UK
Think Tanks, 2–10 Employees

Great ease of use and customer service

Pros:

This product is exactly what we were looking for as a small business and team who work remotely. It requires little to no effort, is so easy to use and a puts your mind at ease knowing that your files are backed up securely. Customer service are quick to respond and very helpful.

Cons:

My only complaint would be that it is not supported offline.