15 years helping British businesses

About Google Photos

Google Photos is a free app that lets you store all your photos and videos.

Learn more about Google Photos

Pros:

Access, file transfer, ability to view, Google just not fight with other integrations and programs they are the master.

Cons:

It not easy to use for photo editing and lack feature compared to others.

Google Photos ratings

4.8
4.4
4.7
4.7

9.3/10

Google Photos has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 94 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Google Photos before?

Marine
Marine
Communications and Administrative Coordinator in Armenia
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Why you still don't have Google Photos ?

Comments: I love google photos a lot. Easy to use, safe and secure. It is like your life summary. I like to spend time there scrolling up and down wathing all my photos from different years for hours. It is like my digital photo album.

Pros:

Google photos is the app I love! Simply, because all my photos from years are securely stored there. Since 2016, all my life is there. This is an excellent photo and video storage app, private, secure. I gather all my photos there and if I need to shate them, I create a folder with specific photos and add the recipient's email address, they get an email with the link, click and access to the photos shared with them. Deleted files can be restored if you changed your mind and want to keep them. You get amazing suggestions daily, it can be as a collage, or story with random photos selected. You see them only, not shared with anyone. Another great function - when you want to search for the dress in the photo for example, there is an icon you press on it and it brings you the search result from Google. Image search on Google is great. There was a plant I didn't know the name, I took a photo and from Google photos did an image search, got the name of that plant.

Cons:

I do not like when I run out of storage. This happens regularly, I do not want to pay for additional storage, instead, I use different email addresses. Each new email address yoy use in Google photos offers 15 GB storage.

Kimberly
Kimberly
Property Concierge in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

Pictures for 1000 Words and MORE

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It is my go to. I tried with other apps but this one has stuck with me.
I love my ability to bring it up, snap a pic, and be able to get it asap backed up.
And QR CODES!

Pros:

I can link my clients to SPECIFIC FOLDERS FOR THEIR HOME. Which leads my private stash to be mine. Collage creators. Doodling. The memories and abilities to archive and/or trash it out.

Cons:

I can't link all of them. I love photos for proofs of services. But I'd like to take Docs, Photos, Power Point, Excel anD LINK IT! Also, my ex's. It hurts to see their weasel faces.

Alicia
Alicia
Programs Director in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 51–200 Employees

Too confusing to be worth the coolness

Comments: The best thing about it is that it integrates so well with your phone. That and image-recognition search. But I don't use it because I don't want to be confused between my actual files and Google versions of my files.

Pros:

Easily find photos by AI recognition, date, and albums.

Cons:

Confusing to maintain the device vs cloud database, and some things like videos can't be downloaded.

Joshua
Teacher in US
E-Learning, 501–1,000 Employees

Powerful, Easy Photo Tool

4.0 last month New

Comments: I am very satisfied with Google Photos, and have since convinced many colleagues and family members to adopt it, too. I highly recommend it to anyone who takes and wants to sort, share, and edit a more than just a few photos.

Pros:

Google Photos is so easy to use! There is so much to like here, from automatic backups and easy album creation and sharing to project creation and photo editing. Google has done a really good job of adding new features and listening to its community to see what users would like. There are a couple different account subscription options, but all options are incredibly useful and worth it!

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike here. Sometimes the album sharing settings and automatic sharing can be a bit clunky, but overall the entire product is smooth and free of wrinkles.

Mary Jane
AR, Analyst, Legal Filings, Computer, etc. in US
Construction, 11–50 Employees

I love Google, they are my favorite computer company and they just WORK!

Comments: Every program that works and intergrades without problems, fighting, and just plain works is amazing and Google is Amazing for it! It requires less frustration, less time, quicker turnaround work and speeds, it creates efficiency at its best!

Pros:

Access, file transfer, ability to view, Google just not fight with other integrations and programs they are the master!

Cons:

In our world we always want criticism. What can I do better. Keep updating, keep staying in tune with out every changing electronic world, it will always change and it will alway grow and I just hope you stay in the game a don't back down!

Damon
Blogger in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

My review of Google Photos

Comments: Overall, I have really enjoyed using it. I tell other people to use Google programs such as Google photos when I hear them talking about photo storage.

Pros:

What I like most is how secure my photos are, and the fact that it sink soap with everything else that I use on the Google suite. Accessibility is still very easy for me but very hard for others to get into. And I can still transfer photos without too much hassle.

Cons:

There’s honestly not anything that I don’t like about Google Photos. I have tried several other avenues in the past to back up photos and this is by far my favorite. Have not found a feature that I don’t like yet. I’m not saying it’s completely perfect because there’s always room for improvement. But right now it’s suits all of my needs. Now that I’m thinking about it would it be possible to sync google photos with Canva?

Safiya
Performing artist in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Search by face

Comments: I use Google Photos to backup what I have on my phone, not everything but still tons of photos and videos. Love searching by location or face, love the new magic eraser, also cinematic moments.Google Photos does more with the photos/videos than Google Drive and that's why I also use it.

Pros:

Look for photos according to location or faces, enhance, edit, share. Memories and albums.Some storage free, still low cost after.

Cons:

No more unlimited for free. Such a bummer!Also I want to group photos temporarily for comparison.

Zane
Zane
Transformational Coach in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

My go-to cloud storage for all my photos

Comments: Exceptional! Been a user since the start of Google photos.

Pros:

Ease of use and fast real-time sync makes google photos the best, especially for android users.

Cons:

The highlights feature tends to be buggy but it's the least used feature of google photos for my needs.

Muhammad Aamer
Muhammad Aamer
Full stack developer in Saudi Arabia
Real Estate, Self Employed

Google photos is the best cloud storage for your media

Comments: My overall experienced with google photos is great. I like it for it synchronized backup system i like its recovery I like its editing functionality and i like it because i have upto 15 gbs of free cloud storage

Pros:

Google Photos is such a great platform that you will like everything about it, I mean It can take backup of your media files(photos and videos) automatically and there your data is very very secured. You have full options of gallery so you can use google photos to view your images and videos right there and delete from your device. You can recover the data if you deleted by mistakes and the best part is that you can also edit your images and videos.

Cons:

The thing i like the least about it is that it does not have a separate storage i mean you get a free 15 GBs which is shared by your whole google account like gmail drive and photos

Rachel
Owner ceo in US
Entertainment, Self Employed

Easy to use and convenient

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love that I can use the app across all of my devices and access the site on my computer depending on my needs. The editing, while not in depth, is easy to use and intuitive and creates beautiful photos!

Cons:

The thing I like the least is the consistent pushing to buy photos and photobooks and other physical products

Elyn
Freelance in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Good Free Software

Comments: It is easy to use. I can fill out property management reports with the photos I have there. But it is not good for making saleable stock images.

Pros:

It is easy to use if all you want to do is take and share low- to medium- quality photos. It automatically backs up everything, so you can find it immediately on your other devices. the photo editor is easy to use and has good custom filters, cropping and rotation to apply quick fixes.

Cons:

Unfortunately, when you start working with big photos it becomes a problem. It would be nice if it did not automatically backup those, since I was planning to store them somewhere else anyway. Any edits revert the photo to the lower quality small size, so the photo editor becomes useless. It is difficult to go back a few years and delete photos that you no longer need, and you will exceed your storage quota.

Tushar
Cloud Engineer in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Google Photos review

Comments: Overall, I had a positive experience with Google Photos. I really like to store their photos and videos in the cloud and access them from any device.

Pros:

- Free storage of upto 15 GB- Easy to use with a simple interface that is easy to navigate. - Amazing search capabilities to automatically categorize and tag photos.

Cons:

- Loss of original quality as it compresses photos and videos to a lower quality to save space. - Limited editing options - Slow loading over the cloud.

Vinoth
Quality Analyst in India
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

Save Your Memories with Google Photos

Pros:

Best Cloud Storage App for photos.We can do immediate backup and can access from anywhere at anytime.It will make you mind blowing with your memories everyday.We can Easily search the particular person's photos.

Cons:

Data consumption is more otherwise extraordinary.

Aviral
Web Developer in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Google Photos Review

Comments: It has been really good experience so far. I have never faced any problem in this software. It has a unique search feature where you can write any sentence and it will show you a picture containing that text.

Pros:

Face Recognition Feature is really good. It just requires a basic identification of the photo. After that it displays all the photos of similar face in a single click.

Cons:

They should provide some more free space to everyone. Apart from that everything is perfect.

Keerthi
Sales Support Engineer in United Arab Emirates
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Best Google app

Comments: Very good

Pros:

Best Google app used by people worldwide. Has free cloud storage service, we can share, edit photos through Google photos. Automatic backup options available. We can access photos on Google photos through any device. Photos are stored according to date so search options are easy.

Cons:

Password protection option not available. More editing options are required

Jonathan
Photographer in Trinidad & Tobago
Photography, Self Employed

J.L. Google Photos Review

Comments: Google Photos is a software that I can count on to keep my files secured and updated with the latest files I have intentionally or not store any files that were on my other devices such as a smartphone, tablet or desktop computer.

Pros:

They categorize my photos by what is seen in them. For example, if I have three photos of dogs and 4 photos of food, they will conveniently create folders and store those files in them. So, when I open Google Photos the home page will show me my files in the various categories.

Cons:

As someone who is currently unable to get a credit card, I am unable to purchase more storage when my free 15GB are full. This results in me moving to another software or creating another Google account to store my files there.

Mohan Sai
Administration in India
Education Management, Self Employed

A Comprehensive review of Google Photos

Pros:

I like automatic backing up of photos. Also, the feature which gives automatic cinematic zooms of my photos is very interesting.Another thing I like is it gives memories every week and month as "Your highlights of your last trip since last year".

Cons:

It has less storage for free i.e 15 GB.It backups the larger files such as movies or any videos are of storage 2 GB, due to this my daily data is getting consumed and I am out of data.

Nhlanhla Lucky Luthuli
Business owner in South Africa
Food & Beverages, 2–10 Employees

Google Photos Features Review

Comments: Greatest experience great memories still saved to date many lost souls but google photos keeps them alive forever.

Pros:

Easy to use but my greatest feature is the automatic backup saves a good memories even gives you reminders on the memories on the exact date even after 6 years i still get those reminders

Cons:

Trial version has limited space however its good for someone who does not have much photos to backup.

Shameem
Business coordinator in Canada
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Google photos - great for photo storage

Comments: Google photos is great for photo storage. You can back up multiple users photos to one account. The editing options however are limited and pretty basic. The first 15 Gigs are free and after you have to at for more space.

Pros:

- can choose the quality you would like to store your photos - can backup another users photo to one account so that all photos are together in chronological order - search feature makes it easy to locate photos

Cons:

- the options for editing photos is very limited and basic. - access to photos without an internet connection is limited - there is a fee for storage over 15G

Buffy
Buffy
Customer Service in US
Telecommunications, 51–200 Employees

Google Photo's

Comments: Absolutely love Google photos!

Pros:

All the ease to use features of editing my photos to storing them in folder that is so easy to access!

Cons:

I cant find one thing I dislike about it!.

Friedman
musician in South Africa
Entertainment, Self Employed

I've been loving Google Photos for as long as I remember.

Comments: I love this application. I have been using it for over 5 years and so far I have never had any issues with it.

Pros:

Real time synching of photos not only saves one time but a lot of great important content one would love to save for future use and to refresh memories.

Cons:

The storage space is a bit less , I wish it could be increased .

Prajakta
Associate in Australia
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Great cloud backup solution for photos!

Pros:

Ease of useShearing with colleagues and friends Automatic back up and upload

Cons:

Photos once upload take longer to show the image icons.

Rachel
Marketing in United Arab Emirates
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Great Photo Back Up

Comments: It's great

Pros:

Google Photos are easy to upload as it was connected with Gmail and or Google.It is stable and global storage. Google Photos are safe and are universal - marketwise.

Cons:

None so far, everything with Google Photos is good and user friendly. It has handy features.

Miri
secretary in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Best for ease of access

Pros:

It's easy to access, and it's linked to your google account where you probably have your gmail, calendar and more.

Cons:

drag and drop and also the scrolling can freeze your computer

Alexus
Alexus
Avon Rep. in US
Cosmetics, Self Employed

Great For Storage

Pros:

I like that I have an extra place to store my files. I can easily share my files across all of my devices.

Cons:

There is a limit to how much you can upload.