15 years helping British businesses

About BigContacts

The best CRM pricing + the best tools and features. Contact Management/ Email Marketing Solution for Small Business.

Learn more about BigContacts

Pros:

Cons:

Having trouble figuring out how to embed videos into emails.

BigContacts ratings

4.4
4.3
4.2
4.4

8.6/10

BigContacts has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars based on 206 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used BigContacts before?

Chuck
Chuck
Chemicals

Highly Recommend

Comments: We have been with Big Contacts for over five years. We were looking for a program that was web based that would allow us to track customer information in over 40 states. BC has delivered everything we needed and more. One of the most valuable tools is the history and the email tracking capabilities. This program offers many utilities and options to increase sales and lower the sales cycle. I highly recommend this product for anyone that is in need of monitoring sales calls and customer information.

Pros:

This product is easy to use, very easy to understand and easily updated. Great tool when territory changes are needed. All information is up to date and easy to find.

Cons:

We have not expereinced any problems that were negative to our needs.

dona
Project Manager in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Comments: Having one place for customer information whether it was a completed or pending sale, billing or repair issues, and the scheduling of tasks is HUGE - it makes it easy for the remote workers. Attachements are shown separately. Connecting with Quickbooks.

Pros:

Scheduling tasks for yourself or others. Historical data of contacts with your clients, whether it was a phone call, email, meeting and attachments, even the direct marketing campaign for those special offers to all or some clients. Ability to enter social media information. Ability to see the daily, weekly, monthly calendar for your entire team. Basic or Custom reports.

Cons:

No place to enter time (duration of a call). No way to click on the client's twitter, facebook or linkedin feed. Ability to look up a contact via telephone number.

Used the Software for: Not provided

So far the better CRM

Comments: easier than other CRM Ive used, the pricing is reasonable, but some things still needs alot of improvement, man I cant believe no one out their has something simple to use and actually works!!! and does not cost an arm and a leg....

Pros:

for the past four years we have used Zoho,Oprius,Bartchbook. Bigcontacts seems to be the easier one to pull reports, the contacts info has all the email,tasks,notes right in one place making it easy for everyone to review what is going on with each customer. The non tech people that use it are not having a difficult time, that is one of the major reasons we switched.

Cons:

We have a retail business, the marketing portion of bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that.....pretty lame, Ive ask tech support about the integration but after after several emails Ive never got a straight response only that they are working with a vendor. I also wanted to up load a couple of list and some contacts maybe deputes, bigcontacts does not combine dupes...you have to fix everything on one list then up load it...if you have a new list it will over write the existing one....what????

BigContacts Response

14 years ago

David, Thank you for the feedback. We have some great news for you as there appears to be some confusion regarding the marketing module. You mentioned: ------------------------------------------------------------- "the marketing portion of Bigcontacts lacks I was under that impression when I sing up I can send out thank you cards, and email follow ups but I had to sign up for vertical response so I have to double enter contact info to do all that" ------------------------------------------------------------ We give you the ability to easily filter any group of contacts within BigContacts and have the list instantly populate for you in VerticalResponse so that you can schedule your email or postcard campaign. NO double entry of contact information needed at all. We would be happy to show you how this works in greater detail and encourage you to take advantage of our FREE best practice webinars to learn more. http://www.bigcontacts.com/best-practices-webinars-for-web-based-crm/

DEREK L
Managing Director in US
Medical Devices, Self Employed

Ex-Salesforce.com user appreciates value of BigContacts

Comments: I would definitely recommend BigContacts for ease of use, price, features, and value.

Pros:

The BigContacts CRM System is pretty straightforward in terms of setup and implementation. Once you learn the basic rules in terms of setting up fields, etc. you can begin using the software with confidence. The videos are extremely helpful also. The price is one-third to one-fourth the cost of Salesforce.com.

Cons:

There are a few features that are a little less intuitive and may require some help from support. If you can't find the right answer in the support materials or the videos they will get on the phone after you have placed a support request. This may take some time if it is off hours, but the response is always within a 24 hour window at the longest.

CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Does the Job /Good value.

Comments: Great company, great service

Pros:

Good value for cost per user. Like the web-based format and the customization options.

Cons:

Reports could be better + mobile app would be nice.

Thomas
SVP of Technology in US
Telecommunications, 2–10 Employees

Great value - easy to use

Comments: We have been with BigContacts for 2+ years and our employees actively use it daily with few complaints.

Pros:

The Contact view is very intuitive and easy to follow with everything you would want to see about the contact on a single screen. I also like being able to see the Contact’s LinkedIn profile & photo. Adding notes and updating tasks are also very easy to do.

Cons:

The sales opportunity tracking & reports could use an upgrade but I understand that developers are working on these features, so when done BigContacts will be an excellent alternative to Salesforce, Zoho, etc.

Prem
Prem
Helps us work on the go in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Helps us work on the go

Comments: With this cloud-based CRM, our sales executives are able to prepare for meetings on the go. BIGContacts has significantly improved our bottom line by making contact more organized and accessible for everyone in the organization.

Pros:

The level of customization that BIGContacts provides is quite helpful to manage things according to our existing processes. Additionally, we can take notes and add files for individual contact records. Integration with MailChimp and Campaign Monitor works well.

Cons:

We encountered some problems with the speed of the software in the past, but they have made significant improvements since then.

James
James
Senior Investment Manager in Spain

Good package for beginners

Comments: Does the job i need it do, and you guys give me a good service for peanuts, so cant say anything negative

Pros:

had it from the start so for me the price

Cons:

limited API interface, i would like to see full mailchimp interation for example

Stephen
Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 501–1,000 Employees

Customer relations have never been easier at my company due to BigContacts

Comments: Overall, I've had a great experience with BigContacts. At our firm, we've used it to track leads and manage/handle emails directed out to our various clients. Since client relations via email can be a hassle, especially when you're dealing with so many different accounts, using BigContacts is definitely helpful and has made all of our lives easier.

Pros:

I love the direct integration of this platform into my client emails, allowing me to send and directly receive emails within the CRM platform. Everything is tracked and associated with specific contacts/accounts too automatically, which I also appreciate. The calendar feature is also very well done and has seamlessly fit within my typical workstream.

Cons:

I'd like to learn more about the ability to integrate this platform with the calendars of my colleagues at my firm.

Brian
Brian
Director of Professional Development
Real Estate, 201–500 Employees

CRM with customization!

Comments: I use BigContacts for recruitment. I searched for a combination CRM / ATS high and low, and was glad I found BigContacts. Many other CRMs didn't function like an ATS, and no ATS had a CRM function. My candidate searching is done through prospecting (like sales) but I needed to be able to track each candidate's progress through the recruitment (sales) cycle. BigContacts is great because I was able to customize many parts of the system to fit my needs.

Pros:

The customization is great. You can create fields that specifically fit your business needs. You can add several users and control the amount of access each user has in the system.

Cons:

Sometimes the system can be a little slow, but they are making great improvements each day.

Matt
Business Development Manager in US
Cosmetics, 51–200 Employees

An easy-to-use and full featured CRM for non-tech people

Comments: Big Contacts allows me to keep tabs on all aspects of my client relationships and does so in an easy-to-learn manner. That allowed me to convince my colleagues to embrace using it throughout our team and the learning process was painless.
I particularly enjoy the level of customization available and use this to create reports that are very useful to me. The summary page in contact view of a business is comprehensive and very helpful to have open when meeting or talking with a client.
The Big Contacts Support Team has always been very prompt and thorough whenever I have had a question. I enthusiastically endorse this product and company!

Pros:

Ease of use, level of customization available

Cons:

accessing it via my I Phone

Paula
Owner/Partner in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Love Big Contacts!

Comments: I tried a few other CRM products before Big Contacts and they just did not have the flow I needed for my team. My favorite features are the Task List that I can assign to other people in our team and how easy it is to send letters and other documentation. Big Contacts makes sure I don't forget tasks and it is easy and fast to update important records. I rely on Big Contacts every day for my business. I know there is an upgrade coming soon and I can't wait!

Pros:

Cloud based and I can access it on my phone. It helps me stay organized and assign tasks to other team members.

Kalei
Office Manager in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Well worth it!!

Comments: We have been using Big Contacts for a few years now. It has been such an easy program to use and has helped us keep all leads organized. Any questions or problems I have ever had with Big Contacts have been resolved very quickly, they truly go above and beyond with their customer support. We have also used other programs that work side by side with Big Contacts and have never had any problems with them talking to each other. We would highly recommend Big Contacts to anybody!

Pros:

Its very easy to use and organize things how you want them to be

Cons:

I wish there was more detailed options to search for people (phone number, email). I find the reports don't always bring up all the correct people.

Ryan
Agent in US
Insurance, 2–10 Employees

Scratching the surface

Comments: I have 40 years worth of client files (hard copies). We don't even have emails for most. As I bring our office into the 21st century, this software has opened my eyes to the possibilities of constant contact and communication with the clients that was just not possible before. This software will enable our business to grow in ways we never thought possible through efficiency and organization.

Pros:

Ease of use without having to watch endless tutorials.

Cons:

Can't think of any. First software of this type I've used.

Reed
Advertising Director in US
Machinery, 51–200 Employees

Like It But Having Troubles

Comments: As the administrator of this software for our Kubota dealership I'm having mixed reviews from our sales guys. Some guys are just nailing it in the head while others are having what I think is browser issues. I've seen the problems first hand and they can't add contacts. We've kept it simply with only three required fields yet still issues. Were working on it. Other than that, I see what this product can do for us in the future. It's an investment and like investment it takes a little time to see a return. It's only been a couple of weeks now and once we get everyone on the same page I'm sure it will take off. Main thing is, Big Contacts will be a safety net for things falling through the cracks and should lead to more sales. Time will tell if this will hold true.

Pros:

It's easy for me to use, and it is acts as a manager, safe guard, reminding system, calendar, data base, the list goes on. It steam lines how are sales process should be and it makes everyone a little more accountable.

Cons:

Having some issues with some of our users. Don't know if its the browser or what but its basic stuff that isn't working properly.

Melinda
Industry Relations and Communications Manager in US
Dairy, 2–10 Employees

Great fit for our organization.

Comments: We are not a sales-oriented company. Rather we are a 10-employee organization focused on tracking, building and maintaining relationships with approximately 500 partners in our industry. We found Big Contacts to be that nice fit between an Excel spreadsheet (or multiple Excel spreadsheets) and Salesforce. It's robust enough to track and maintain all of the information we need and yet cost effective enough to not break our bank. Because it is a very sales-focused software, there are many features we don't use and there are many features we've figured out how to make work for us. We love the mobility of the software and we're looking forward to implementing the marketing module down the road. All in all, a great find for us and a perfect fit for our organization.

Janet
Executive Assistant in US

BC Review requested by BC

Comments: For the most part it is fine. I think the report builder is horrible, not user friendly at all. I would like to see more report capability for marketing purposes

Pros:

It is fairly easy to use. Has good flexibility.

Cons:

List creation is not user friendly. It needs to have a contact merge function to deal with duplicates.

Zach
Sales Manager in US
Business Supplies & Equipment, 2–10 Employees

Great business tool. Minimizes busy work

Comments: Been using Big Contacts for several years now and it has helped me grow my sales while minimizing my time spent entering customer data. Would highly recommend.

Pros:

ease of use. can schedule and assign meetings/tasks. quick access to customer info

Cons:

sometimes have issues using on my mobile phone

Peter
managing director/owner in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Very strong CRM for a fair price

Comments: This is the second time that I am using Big Contacts and the experience remains very positive. The support I have received has been very good. The process to get started is also very easy.

Pros:

Web-based and flexible

Cons:

I wish the functionality was just a slight bit more customizable.

Olivia
Business Development
Used the Software for: Not provided

Big Contacts Review

Comments: Overall, I recommend that someone interested in Big Contacts request a trial period to test the program before buying. I am overall, relatively satisfied with the program, and would recommend that any small business give it a try.

Pros:

Big Contacts provides a comprehensive contact management database with a variety of sales and marketing management tools. Regularly, they release updates and enhancements to their user interface that make the program more user friendly and logical.

Cons:

Big Contacts is web based, and therefore, there are times when unreliable internet connectivity or browser issues can cause the program to be unreliable. I have found that each time a new release or enhancement is implemented, there are small glitches and bugs that can impair the usability of the program. In addition, since the program is web based, it requires internet connectivity that is not always available when traveling. Big Contacts has advertised that they will soon release an Outlook Synchronization tool, but there is no projected release date on this. In addition, there is no dedicated customer service telephone line to call for technical assistance. In my opinion, their level of customer service is unsatisfactory.

Kimberly
Sales in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A lot of bang for your buck

Comments: I've been using this software for several years. It has a few areas that could be tweaked a bit, but for the price , this product gives a lot for money.

Pros:

Ease of use/accessibility.

Cons:

The cut and paste feature in the notes.

Tony
Practice & Compliance Manager in Australia

Feedback from Tony

Comments: Pretty good

Pros:

The Reporting functionality is the stand out feature for me

Cons:

How we can't back up content; once we delete something we can't then look at content retrospectively and see what has been deleted

Alejandra
asst. Property manager in US
Real Estate, 11–50 Employees

Beneficial for Business operators all around

Comments: The to-do lists are a total savior sometimes when you are busy and take a second to look at your list.

Pros:

Adjusting to working with the software is very easy, users can share information and view each others activities related to certain job tasks. Also allows you to keep notes on system so that you can keep better track on your work.

Cons:

Updating contacts when their information changes can be tricky because you must add another contact and then it can become confusing when trying to figure out which one is correct.

Kristi
Owner in US
Restaurants, 2–10 Employees

Works ok way too sale-y not very flexible

Comments: Steps for setting up things are pretty cumbersome. I really don't use it much anymore as everything I want is some additional expense (spell check used to be an "add -on" now email confirmation is). We use an event software that is much more responsive, flexible and easy to use and all-inclusive. BigContacts stores the data and lets me send emails. That's about it - ps lots of emails in the history have been lost over time. I just stick with it because all my data is there now....

Pros:

Stores the info and now allows spell check

Cons:

Read previous notes

Owner in US
Legal Services, 2–10 Employees

Great CRM

Comments: Outstanding

Pros:

User Friendly and very easy to customize. Great tech support that is very responsive to our needs.

Cons:

None. So far the software has done very well for our office with no issues.