15 years helping British businesses

WinningBidder.com Reviews

About WinningBidder.com

WinningBidder.com provides simple and free online auction software for nonprofits.

Learn more about WinningBidder.com

Pros:

First, this product being free for Non-Profits was huge, I was trying to raise money to send coaches and athletes to camp and this product made that possible.

Cons:

Had some problems with folks needing refund and to pay again. Seems to have a little difficulty handling large volume of bids on final day.

WinningBidder.com ratings

4.7
4.9
4.7
4.9

9.5/10

WinningBidder.com has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 91 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used WinningBidder.com before?

Jeff
Jeff
Director of Development in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Easy to use auction software

Comments: We used this for a recent auction - only 16 items, all but one item exceeded the bids we hoped for. The last 1/2 hour the bidding was very active. In the past, we used sign up sheets. Having bidders notified that they were outbid really kept things going higher.

Pros:

This was our first time using this software. It increased our participation in our auction by 500% and increased our money received by 400%.

Cons:

Some of the tools are hard to find. Some users had problems getting their credit cards to load and stick. It sometimes took 2 or 3 times for them to enter their credit cards.

Jennifer
Director of Events and Activities in US
Education Management, 51–200 Employees

Perfect for our needs

Comments: Over all I am very happy and I would choose to use WinningBidder again. We had plenty of our own auction items so we did not need any of the extra that they were offering. I don't think I would have liked the outcome as much if we had needed to use their items because the consignment is high and then they take a large percentage. For what we needed this site was perfect.

Pros:

We have used a very cumbersome software in the past. Winning Bidder was very easy for my team and me to navigate. The cost is very minimal and it is very easy to use and understand.

Cons:

I needed to add my live auction items to the site but I didn't want anyone to bid on them. There was no option for that so even though I made it clear that they were live auction items, I have to go through and void bids that were made during the silent auction. Also, I don't love that they have to go in and check out completely at the end. Most people think that their credit card will be charged automatically. It would be nice for them to receive a text message with a link to the invoice instead of just an email.

Kezia
Sahm in US
Philanthropy, 2–10 Employees

First Time user

Comments: It was good.

Pros:

It was easy to set up, great trip options. Easy to name and share.

Cons:

Poor photo quality, wish it was a bit more modern, would love to see an option for QR code to be printed and shared more easily.

Angi
Director of Development and Events in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

First time user experience was great

Pros:

What we liked most about WinningBidder.com was the overall ease of use and integration with TravelPledge auction items.

Cons:

That one of our bidders the night of the auction was not able to get his bid to go through.

Selina
Sports, Self Employed

Great experience

Comments: Great. Will work with them again.

Pros:

Using TravelPledge as our auction host was a huge improvement from years past. It was much easier to use than our other host site. Customer service was wonderful. I didn't ask for help but they reached out to with suggestions that were very helpful and thoughtful. Creating an auction item was very easy and fast.

Cons:

I wanted to include hyperlinks to golf course facility websites and donor websites. I also wanted to add videos to item pages.

Civic & Social Organization, Self Employed

Everything You Need

Comments: All in all, I am very pleased with the WinningBidder platform. It is a price to performance champ! It has everything you need and nothing you don't. Sure, there could be more bells and whistles, however, in the end, I would opt for the simplicity, intuitiveness, and cost of the WinningBidder platform.

Pros:

The platform was straightforward and easy to use. The item setup was intuitive as was the reporting. For our use, it had all the basic features that we required for our 20+ item online auction. Their partnership with TravelPledge was a bonus and added a level of excitement and helped round out our offerings.

Cons:

The formatting of items and website look, and feel was limited and bare bones. There is no ability to add video or hyperlinks to sponsor websites. It would be nice to have a bit more options and/or ways to see trending or hot items, to draw more attention/bidding.

Nicole
Director of Advancement in US
Fund-Raising, 51–200 Employees

Winning Bidder.com review

Comments: Experience was great. We were able to resolve most issues relatively quickly and with good customer service.

Pros:

Top aspects are ease of use and price. Interface is easy to work with and setting up items was easy.

Cons:

Reporting features and overall look and feel could be improved.

Ellie
Day Camp Director in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11–50 Employees

Winning Bidder Makes Me Feel Like A Winner

Comments: Overall my experience was very positive and if I were to run another fundraiser via online auction I would consider using this platform again.

Pros:

I liked how accessible this was and very user friendly.

Cons:

What I liked least was that the view of the bidding page from the admin perspective and the buyer perspective were different. I liked the graphics and set up from the admin perspective, but they seemed to take a hit when it came to what the buyers saw.

Charlene
Charlene
Performing Arts, 2–10 Employees

First time using an online auction platform, it was a great experience!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Ease of set up and management. Can have the auction running for longer and bidders don't have to be present at the event. You can categorize your auction items. Also, Winning Bidder sends out the invoices and collects the payment, but you can also do it yourself.

Cons:

There wasn't anything I didn't like! It was easy to set up and to use!

Hernando
Hernando
Physician in US
Medical Practice, Self Employed

Wonderful experience

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I’m very pleased. Easy to set up and add items. Easy to share the link.

Cons:

Phone app could be easier to navigate for admins.

kristy
executive director in US

auction for nonprofit

Comments: This was very user-friendly and I was very happy with the results. I also like that it was easy to share the link and the QR codes

Pros:

It was easy to set up and use and looked professional

Cons:

I can't think of anything that I didn't like. I was very happy with the software.

Dan
COO/CMO in US

Easy to Use Auction Platform

Pros:

TravelPledge software is the most accessible auction platform I have used, and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for help in running and managing your auction. I loved the "popcorn bidding" function at the end that helped to push live bidding, adding significant funds to the dollars we raised. I also loved the ease at which the winning bidders were billed and then sent the appropriate certificates without any involvement needed from me!

Cons:

The biggest issue was many of the winning bidder's certificates ended up in the "junk mail" file. Nothing can be done on the TravelPledge side, but created a lot of follow-ups and "reissue" of certificates that were previously sent.

Mike
Board Member in US
Public Safety, 51–200 Employees

Excellent Product!

Comments: Very happy with TravelPledge

Pros:

This platform was very easy to set up and deploy our first ever auction on line. The updates provided to bidders allowed higher bid amounts

Cons:

Would like the ability to mark item as picked up or shipped.

Kim
CEO/Founder in US

Great Software and Very Helpful Customer Service

Comments: Enjoyable! Look forward to working with them for our next event.

Pros:

Easy of use Excellent selection of packages Ability to upload donated items was super easy Online bidding Everything went super smoothly

Cons:

Can't print bid sheet pdfs on Mac or Apple products.

Bob
Tournament Director in US
Sports, 2–10 Employees

TravelPledge

Comments: Ability to add experiences and the ease of use of admin functions

Pros:

Ability to add experiences and the ease of use of admin functions

Cons:

Nothing............................................................

Derek
Account Executive in US
Civic & Social Organization, 11–50 Employees

Youth Sports Online Auction

Pros:

Ease if use combined with timely updates, good pymt options and easy to organize.

Cons:

I really disliked nothing for a 1st time user!

Anna
Committee Chair in US
Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Non Profit Silent Auction

Comments: This is a GREAT Silent Auction platform. Setting up our second auction now.

Pros:

The customer service is the best I've every had. It is easy to get ahold of someone. You talk to a live person. The platform is easy to self navigate.

Cons:

I remember that there is an option charge but not required for each winner.

Donna
Founder/Board President in US

Great Experience!

Comments: I would DEFINITELY recommend TravelPledge and have no reservations about using them again.

Pros:

It was extremely helpful to be able to have a couple of conversations before setting everything up so I knew how to proceed. The representatives I spoke with were informative and made it simple.

Cons:

I can't think of anything at the moment.

Jennifer
Nonprofit board member in US
Events Services, Self Employed

Great Option for Non-Profits

Comments: Very positive experience. Would like to see more local experiences available. Would like the ability to do golf tournaments and walk-a-thons in addition to silent auctions.

Pros:

Ease of use and professional presentation were key factors. The ability to have offline payment processing was a key deciding factor. Winning bids paid within 48hrs of close of auction.

Cons:

Would like to see more notifications and the ability to add another user who also receives same notifications.

Donald
Community Outreach Consultant in US
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great first experience with WinningBidder.com for my first silent auction!

Comments: fast, easy, accurate posting of donated gift packages, and accurate accounting for the duration of the Silent Auction.thank you for this product!

Pros:

ease of use; first timers like myself found the User Interface intuitive and quick.

Cons:

was not clear about having to enter a credit card BEFORE the bidding was over, on the silent auction. Seemed a little premature?

Cassandra
CEO in Mexico

TravelPledge ROCKS!!

Comments: It was very confusing when we first wanted to start an online auction but travel pledge went above and beyond to simplify the process and make it extremely easy for us to be connected with pre-approved items as well as adding in our own!

Pros:

Extremely easy to use and for our clients to access

Cons:

Absolutely nothing. We loved every aspect of the travel pledge site and process

Ashley
Realtor in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Handy Tool

Comments: Helped us do our auction to raise money for someone who needed it most. Was a great tool and we will use again.

Pros:

I loved the ease of using it and getting it shared on social media platforms. Seeing the items and the bids in real time was great!

Cons:

Nothing that we came across to leave negatively.

Gail
Regional Director of Sales in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Wonderful Product

Comments: Very pleasant and easy to use.

Pros:

Ease of use is incredible. It was such a terrific tool for us to spread the word for our auction and give the ability for guests to bid without having to attend in person.

Cons:

Unable to see upfront the contact information for registered bidders. Also to download directly afterwards. The team was great to send it to us after the fact.

Randy
CEO in US

Fundraising Platform

Comments: Although we are not veteran users yet, we are hoping to have much more engagement in the coming year.

Pros:

Variety & flexibility are key essentials when using this method for fundraising. I appreciate the approach that TravelPledge has taken to offers these options.

Cons:

Getting started has been a challenging process. Although I will admit that user error plays a part.

Morgana
Founder in US
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Fast, easy and very affordable

Pros:

Super simple to set up and create online auctions

Cons:

Could look a little prettier but works great