United Kingdom Local product

About Roxhill Media

Roxhill Media provides powerful PR software to help you deliver valuable media coverage for your clients and brands.

Learn more about Roxhill Media

Pros:

Not Available

Cons:

Not Available

Roxhill Media ratings

4.3
4.7
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Roxhill Media has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 11 user reviews on Capterra.

Sort by

Have you used Roxhill Media before?

Lisa J.
Director in UK
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees

Up to date and has excellent features

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

Biographies, article examples, webinars and detail on media outlets' requirements

Cons:

Search functionality could be improved if you could search for subjects in Quick Search. We can always find what we need though.

Alternatives Considered: Cision

Reasons for Choosing Roxhill Media: We needed a more sophisticated and up to date solution

Switched From: PRmax Press Office

Reasons for Switching to Roxhill Media: We trialled both and found Roxhill to be more user-friendly and up to date.

Sam S.
Communications & Business Strategy Associate in UK
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees

A very effective media database solution

4 2 months ago

Comments: Overall, we have had a very positive experience with Roxhill. The client support team is excellent and very responsive to any issues or questions we raise. Also, the added value of sector-specific newsletters, opportunities to pitch to journalists and guides to different publications is greatly appreciated and has a tangible positive impact on our work. We would certainly recommend Roxhill.

Pros:

I use the 'Search' and 'Distribution' functions daily to locate journalists' contact details and send out press releases to multiple journalists. The ability to filter by numerous categories makes the Search function of particular use for an agency working across multiple sectors. Additionally, the inclusion of journalists and outlets across a very wide variety of topics, sectors and countries distinguishes Roxhill from other media contact databases. The Distribution function is especially useful for mailing press releases to a large audience effectively and allows for the inclusion of images and formatted text. When the press release has been sent, the statistics dashboard for the campaign is great for understanding how many recipients interacted with the press release.

Cons:

While I find Roxhill easy to use most of the time, on occasion the platform can be slow to load despite having a strong internet connection. This can slow down my work which, when working to a deadline or dealing with a time-sensitive item, is unhelpful. The design and UI/UX experience of the platform could also be enhanced to further improve its usability and make it more intuitive.

Eliza T.
Account Executive in UK
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Roxhill review

3 4 months ago

Comments: Positive for PR

Pros:

I love the topic research option . And being able to quickly find a contact details

Cons:

Sometimes outdated with old emails or phone numbers

Naomi F.
Senior Account Exec in UK

Excellent software and service

5 4 months ago

Comments: Roxhill is an outstanding company - from the software itself to the team behind it. I can't fault it!

Pros:

The most sophisticated media database out there Intuitive to use Always functioning Great list functions Amazing customer service

Cons:

At times it is a little slow but I think that's more to do with internet speeds!

Cassie L.
Publicity & Marketing Executive in UK
Publishing, 2-10 Employees

Easy to use with nice additional benefits

5 2 months ago New

Pros:

The webinars and journalist alerts are really helpful and mean I can begin PR/journo relationships with background information and knowledge.

Cons:

I sometimes feel the search function is a bit counter-intuitative. For example, I may search for editors at Food & Drink titles and only return two results, whereas I know there are many more. Also, I would benefit from more academic titles/journals being added to the database.

Amy M.
Assistant Account Executive in UK
Public Relations & Communications, 201-500 Employees

Great software

5 2 months ago New

Comments: We have had a great experience with Roxhill, I use it daily and its great for forming media lists and information about the publications we are achieving coverage in.

Pros:

I find the search tools great and effective to use.

Cons:

I think that the email addresses could be updated more regularly and get an alert when they are so we can update media lists

Juliet F.
Founder & MD in Australia

One of the best media directories out there

5 4 months ago

Pros:

Live feed to press articles so you know who is writing what and when

Cons:

Top ten lists, PR contacts, brand contacts, beauty sample send out addresess

Pippa B.
MD in UK
Public Relations & Communications, 2-10 Employees

Incredibly sophisticated and intelligent platform with real industry professionals behind it

5 2 months ago

Comments: fantastic

Pros:

Customer service is second to none with genuine professionals behind the business.

Cons:

USA and Asia markets not as good information sources re: journo network compared to in market databases.

Alex L.
MD in UK
Public Relations & Communications, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Review

4 3 months ago

Pros:

Ease of use - simple platform - more helpful to me as it is my team which uses it day-to-day is the email alerts

Cons:

Not really - I do not use this day to day

Yadira D.
Senior Marketing Executive in UK
Publishing, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Review

4 2 months ago

Comments: Overall a good experience

Pros:

I like the ease of the creating lists and streams, as well as the ease of sending bulk emails with the personalisation in the intros.

Cons:

I don't like that you can't add attachments to your emails, particularly as we're for books and want to send early text to journos.

Rachel T.
Consultant in United Arab Emirates
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees

Limited ability to search by subject

3 4 months ago

Pros:

The availability of tier one journos and business trade outlet journos.

Cons:

I think we need to be able to search by more common sub-sections in website such as culture and more. There is less of a variety of journalists for such subjects. We also need more regional journalists.