15 years helping British businesses

About YouTube

YouTube is a video-sharing software that allows users to upload, view, rate, share, and comment on videos.

Learn more about YouTube

Pros:

It's very user-friendly, and very easy to integrate and get started on the platform. The traffic is extensive and it's easy to grow a channel and get your videos to the right audience.

Cons:

Sometimes the troubleshoot required to buffer a 1080p video is frustrating. Removing dislike button is a huge con.

YouTube ratings

4.8
4.2
4.6
4.5

9.3/10

YouTube has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 669 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used YouTube before?

Rachid
Rachid
Sales executive in United Arab Emirates
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Youtube review

5.0 last month New

Comments: I use YouTube for a long time,all this time there are always developments that help convey contents with a good audiovisuel quality.

Pros:

You can find in YouTube Multiple contents,ideas,and creativity

Cons:

The least thing I like on YouTube is this shorts videos.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees

The universal media app

5.0 last week New

Pros:

I like that most of YouTube'a features are available for free, that the streaming quality is good (as long as your internet connection is good), the auto captions are accurate >75% of the time, time stamps and transcripts are available to make it easier to find the exact topic or moment in a video to save time, and it's easy to share videos or video clips through multiple modes (e.g. via copy link, text, email, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.).

Cons:

The auto captions are not accurate if the speaker in the video has a lisp or other speech impediment; AI-generated ads (falsely presenting a celebrity as the spokesperson) are allowed into the feed; and explicitly inappropriate content is allowed (e.g. indecent body exposure).

Tibor
Tibor
Media Producer in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

YouTube for everyone

Comments: YouTube is a great way to share videos to a global audience, it is easy to use with great additional tools but be aware of their strict policies on what content and videos are allowed to be posted, best to have a license or rights and be able to show.

Pros:

YouTube is easy to use, with it's drag and drop function anyone can easily post videos, they do the conversions themselves. They also have basic editing tools to enhance your video. YouTube is a widely accepted video sharing service and well known world wide giving users the ability to have an audience from just about anywhere. We also liked it's very detailed analytic tools that users can get very detailed information on where visitors are viewing their video, age, gender, even what interests visitors have.

Cons:

Very strict and restrictive on allowing the kind of posts, sometimes even remove videos that are free to share by anyone without providing rights for posting. They also don't have a direct customer support option, most problems are handled by FAQs or community support sites.

Garry
Garry
CEO in Seychelles
Telecommunications, Self Employed

Royal history

Comments: My overall experience as been very good. Its is east to upload and use the studio. As well as find a community.

Pros:

Everybody used youtube so it's easy for me to find my community. The studio as easy to use straight off the bat.

Cons:

I find the censorship and copyright to be confusing. I know of a few youtubers who have been cancelled with no reason. So I feel its not a long term place to be. I also feel I must create a backup plan for when I get cancelled. I feel cancel culture as gone too far

Atul
freelancer in India
Computer Software, Self Employed

why I like YouTube

5.0 last month New

Comments: Everything is almost fine on YouTube, there is nothing bad in it, we get good and bad things, we get knowledge and wisdom which is a very good thing, we also get news from outside the country and the world.

Pros:

I like watching shorts on YouTube the most, which I like very much, which in 15 minutes gives you news from many countries and the world, which is a very good thing and but also the thing is that we people scroll. -While doing the video, I don't even know the time which is not good i think, that's all, thanks.

Cons:

One thing I did not like on YouTube is that when I click on the logo of our channel, there are a lot of options like download and history, there are options for all this, there are options for switch account, I think maybe press one click on channel logo it should be open direct YouTube channel.because I am also YouTube creator. Thanks

Rosalinda
MEDICAL in Philippines
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Free Video Platform

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: My overall experience with this application was extremely fantastic because I use it when I want to get whatever information I need, and I also use it for enjoyment purposes.

Pros:

YouTube features a simple design that lets you easily locate and watch videos. It even remembers your watching history and suggests similar videos.

Cons:

Some videos contain disinformation or incorrect information. It is critical to fact-check information found on the internet, especially YouTube. Taking advice from personal vlogs can be quite harmful because the material is specific to the people involved and may not be the best for you as an individual.

OMKAR
Managing Director in India
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Youtube My All in one Hub

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: It is like a massive library where I can find anything from entertaining content to learning new stuff, the variety of videos is user friendly interface and recommendations make it my favorite platform for online content

Pros:

I love the variety on youtube whether it be tutorial music or funny videos there is always something interesting. The personalized recommendations make it feel like a platform really knows my preferences making each visit enjoyable

Cons:

Ads popping up in the middle of videos can be annoying disrupting the flow, also the recommendation algorithm sometimes suggests irrelevant content

Erica
Marketing in Brazil
International Trade & Development, 2–10 Employees

YouTube melhor plataforma de vídeo

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My experience is still positive, I really like the platform and work with it daily, but they could help content creators in this part of delivering the content posted to everyone.

Pros:

I like the easy way to upload videos on both your computer and smartphone, even for those who don't know how to use technology, it's easy to do this.

Cons:

One of the undesirable issues on YouTube is the fact that the same video content can be shown close to mine, causing some lack of interest in my video, and the fact that the platform does not deliver direct content to all channel subscribers.

Mohammad
Mohammad
Senior Marketing Advisor in Jordan
Broadcast Media, 1,001–5,000 Employees

likes playlist in youtube

4.0 last month New

Comments: i've been using youtube for quite a while and it has been a very good experience yet day by day the amount of ads that interrupt the streaming is becoming very unpleasing

Pros:

variety of content streaming in different resolutions you can easily upload your content

Cons:

I think it would be an amazing feature for youtube to have is a search feature in the playlists not just in youtube in general

Jesse
Jesse
Owner - Master Mechanic in US
Automotive, 2–10 Employees

I absolutely love YouTube

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how simple it is to use as well as how it has literally anything and everything you could possibly want to watch available.

Cons:

I like everything about YouTube. I dont think it should change anything

Javier
Entertainer / Podcaster in Costa Rica
Entertainment, Self Employed

My Youtube Review

Pros:

I use it to upload new content mostly every week on my personal channel. I also use it as the main live streaming tool alongside with Ecamm Live. Love the chat and superchat features to monetize my content.

Cons:

As a user, I feel they place too much ads, specially with the Mobile and tablet apps. As a content creator, sometimes you can get copyrighted claims and infractions that are not true, and the process to appeal takes too long to get an answer from YT

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1,000 Employees

I Love YouTube!

Comments: Youtube has been a heavily used app for me since I discovered it as a teenager when I got my first laptop. I’ve used it both as a viewer and to upload content I created. The platform is so easy to use making it simple for beginners. I love the features like closed captions, increasing speed and the ability to edit the quality of the video. I use YouTube for almost everything in life. Tutorials for topics for school, makeup tutorials, cooking demonstrations, hair care instructions and much more. It is the perfect platform for learning and entertainment. 10/10

Pros:

Ease of use Beginner friendly Several features making viewing accessible

Cons:

I haven’t experienced any cons while using Youtube

Mario
Owner in Germany
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Video hosting made easy

Comments: I use another - paid - video platform, but I like YouTube the most, because it's THE search engine.

Pros:

Fast uploads, unlimited access, you can decide to share or to use private links. Very good statistics.

Cons:

If you need support - it's very hard to get the right answers. FAQ is ok, but sometimes to much to find the right answers. No support in person.

Abdul
Abdul
Sr. Officer - QA in Bangladesh
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 501–1,000 Employees

YouTube is the closest thing to Time Machine we can get.

Comments: YouTube is like a teacher who is always there for you, like a wise knowledge provider who will support you no matter what, like a cool friend who will recommend you music and movies, like a storyteller who has visited the world and telling you the fantastic tales in sequences, like a youthful companion who will accompany you 24/7.
Absolutely love and recommend YouTube and I am sure, all other of us enjoy it too.

Pros:

Today while commuting to work suddenly a specific YouTube recommended song came out of nowhere - a song which I have listened to hundreds of times while I was young and forgot about it. This song hit me emotionally so hard that I had to stop driving to enjoy the profound moment. I cannot but praise the amazing recommendation algorithm this site provides - makes me feel glad to be born in this era to experience such advantages. YouTube always has been my virtual teacher. I remember during my college days I used to go through YouTube tutorials to understand the topics I am going to write about. Frankly, it would have been tremendously difficult to pass for me if I hadn't taken the assistance of this amazing platform. To this day, at work or amongst friends, when I find difficulties I always take support from here, and to be truthful, I never have been disappointed. YouTube has allured me to visit the world, to learn, and to appreciate what nature has offered us. Impressed by YouTube travel content, I took the daunting task of solo travel to Kerala - India, and I never have had to look back. YouTube is like my personal guide where hundreds of amazing people acknowledge me about everything and every aspect. I have never uploaded video's on YouTube, but my closest friend is a professional YouTuber and often mentions the ease of using YouTube and the benefits of making important content. In the future, I also may make some useful videos and supply them to the world via YT.

Cons:

Recently, I feel the excessiveness of unnecessary Ad's on Youtube, really kills off the vibe. Also, just audio features would be nice. Many of us like to listen to music by it using mobile phones but it is hard as we have to keep the command window open and it often interrupts the ongoing media - very irritating.

Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

One of the Famous & Convenient Online Video Sharing and Social Media Platform

Comments: I am using YouTube daily and very happy to have it as a favorite app. It is very easy and publicly famous app. It has many functions or features like Online video sharing, subscribe to favorite channels. I have linked YouTube with TV code with Smart TV. So I am enjoy watching all my favorite videos on my mobile as well as on TV. I can easily searching a lot of videos on YouTube. In deed, YouTube is such a very useful app of online video sharing.

Pros:

I like YouTube very much because of its tremendous feature of online video sharing. You just need to login into YouTube and upload your video online easily to get maximum likes and comments. You can easily create your own short video and upload that's it. You can browse all videos on search option at the top and play or watch anytime as per your convenience. YouTube help me to improve my knowledge and ideas via browsing all types of needy videos. Even we can go live anytime on YouTube. Even you can easily subscribe to any favorite channels and get the notifications about latest videos. I can easily saved and download my favorite videos. There are so many movies in all languages on Youtube for all people and this is a good strategy to connect all people to one app.

Cons:

in case of online app, there is a question of security. as a top-most favorite online video sharing and watching app, YouTube needs to have maximum security features. To avoid illegal access, there needs to be two way factors authentication like access code or OTP via email & phone. All other features are set to proceed with access to YouTube.

Ismaël Huberson
Ismaël Huberson
Founder in Côte d’Ivoire
Apparel & Fashion, 2–10 Employees

Youtube

Pros:

YouTube is an online platform where users can share and watch videos on a wide range of topics, from music and entertainment to educational content and news. YouTube has a vast selection of videos on every topic imaginable, from cooking and fitness to gaming and politics. Whatever your interests, you are likely to find a video on YouTube that caters to them.YouTube is free to use, with no subscription fees or hidden costs. This makes it accessible to anyone with an internet connection

Cons:

While YouTube is free to use, it is also supported by advertisements. These ads can be intrusive and disrupt the viewing experience, and some users may find them annoying.

Webzer
Webzer
Freelancer in Haiti
Telecommunications, Self Employed

How to make Youtube the only perfect social media.

Comments: YouTube is my favorite application because I find everything I need on there whether it is to entertain myself with music videos, to educate myself via shows, audiobooks, and podcasts but also to purify myself with spiritual audio and videos, etc.

Pros:

YouTube is the most advanced digital platform in terms of online viewing, it is the fastest because it allows you to match the internet speed of the device you are using. It is very inclusive because it allows you to share quickly to the majority of other networks and it allows people who do not necessarily use YouTube to stay in touch with what is being done on the platform. YouTube is also very safe because it blocks content that is deemed violent or disturbing for young people, so YouTube allows for a very good filtering which results in it becoming an online school for young students, students, or those curious about knowledge.

Cons:

I like just about every aspect of YouTube two. First, it takes a little too long to respond to user comments and suggestions, which is why I signed up for Capterra so I could get the attention of the social media technicians.Secondly, I like to surf on my smartphone while listening to or watching a song, a video, or an interesting show, so I would like it to be easier for users to stay on the application while opening and using the others.

Marek
CEO in Poland
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

YouTube Review

Comments: My overall experience with YouTube has been positive. I appreciate the wide variety of content that's available on the platform, and I find it easy to navigate and use. While there are some aspects of the platform that I don't particularly enjoy, such as the prevalence of ads, the benefits of the platform far outweigh the drawbacks. Overall, I would recommend YouTube as a great source of entertainment, education, and information.

Pros:

There are many things that I like about YouTube, but the thing I like most is the vast array of content that's available on the platform. From educational videos to entertainment, there's something for everyone on YouTube. I also appreciate the ease of use and accessibility of the platform.

Cons:

One thing that I don't like about YouTube is the prevalence of ads. While I understand that ads are necessary for content creators to monetize their videos, the number and frequency of ads can be quite annoying at times. Additionally, the algorithm that recommends videos can sometimes be hit or miss, and I've encountered some irrelevant or low-quality recommendations.

Moustafa Medhat
Moustafa Medhat
Student in Egypt
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees

My Review of YouTube

Comments: My overall experience with YouTube is very good and I enjoy using it.

Pros:

I love that YouTube allows me to upload 4k videos without reducing the quality of the video or down-size it. YouTube provides very powerful analytics and reports that enable me to understand how my content reaches people and how to enhance it. Also, I like the ability to publish my video as a premiere.

Cons:

When uploading a new video, it takes some time to get processed which wasted my time. The algorithm of YouTube doesn't support me sometimes as it doesn't help me spread my videos. Also, YouTube is not good for educational content as it doesn't provide the environment to create quizzes and exams.

Rebecca
Merchandiser in US
Apparel & Fashion, 51–200 Employees

Can't live without it!

Comments: I use this daily for news, weather, education and entertainment. I love it! I consider YouTube my go to source for the real news reported by trustworthy organizations and people. It is so easy to navigate that I can quickly start watching what I want.

Pros:

I like the availability of the real news that I want to see. I also have found educational content that I can't live without. I like that I can follow the creators or reporters of my own choosing. It is easy to navigate and has helpful lists you can create to refer back to things you have seen. I also like YouTube for entertainment - a good movie or a good audio book is offered.

Cons:

I often receive video suggestions in my feed that I have no interest in. There are options to not recommend this channel & I am not interested in the content but even after choosing those options I often receive more videos from the same channels & similar content. I also think the videos start playing too fast when going through my feed. Then that video goes into my watched history and causes more videos from that channel or similar content to show up in my feed.

Zach
None in UK
Retail, Self Employed

My review on why YouTube is my favourite social media platform.

Comments: The reason why YouTube is currently my favourite social media platform is because you can make great videos like DVD/Blu-ray openings, lift videos, gaming videos, etc. I don't care what anyone else says, I love the modern YouTube design. It looks like it was refreshed. I have been using the platform since 2015 because this website has always been my dream ever since it was founded in 2005. I would recommend a lot of people use this site to make the best videos. Also you can get lots of views on certain videos sometimes.

Pros:

There's lots of pros, like you can make awesome videos like DVD/Blu-ray openings, lift videos, gaming videos, etc. You can also like, share and comment on people's videos and community posts as well.

Cons:

I don't have that much problems with YouTube, because it's a great site to upload videos on. The only problem is that sometimes when the Wi-Fi is weak, it can take longer for videos to upload or to play.

Salvador
Glazer in US
Glass, Ceramics & Concrete, 2–10 Employees

You Tube the Video Platform for All!

Comments: Will it keeps me entertained sometimes for hours not only that but I could also find a lot of music for free that I want to play but also as a premium user I will have no ads and honestly I love being a premium user and I've been a premium user for the last 2 years now. Everything without ads it's awesome.

Pros:

Well I like almost everything about the platform. YouTube has been a great asset for me in almost everyday living. I love the fact that even when I have questions about certain things I know I could turn to YouTube and I could find answers. Some will be opinions but also their be answers.

Cons:

There is one thing I do dislike about YouTube. It doesn't stop me from using it or even being a premium customer. But the algorithm to using it is pretty narrow but if it doesn't follow the guidelines that the YouTube president or whoever is running the show doesn't approve then it won't be in my top videos to you. I know that they try to protect what is shown but there is also a big controversy of what is allowed to be shown and not.

ramakrishna
research associate in India
Pharmaceuticals, 51–200 Employees

Unlocking the Secrets of the Universe- Get Unlimited Knowledge

Comments: It is an essential platform worldwide. It has revolutionized the way we consume video content and has become a primary source of entertainment, education, and information.It is easy to use, and its vast collection of content means that there is always something new to watch. We can easily search for and discover new content based on interests, and the platform's recommendation algorithm helps to discover new videos that we may not have found otherwise.

Pros:

It has an enormous variety of content available, ranging from educational videos to music videos, comedy skits, cooking tutorials, and much more. There is something for everyone on YouTube, and it can easily find content that matches our interests.

Cons:

It has been accused of not doing enough to remove content that violates community guidelines, which led to concerns about the impact on content.

Amanda
designer in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

The Youtube is amazing!

Comments: I like the fact that Youtube gives opportunities for people to grow financially by posting content on the platform, in addition to giving space to learning, by making it easier to access knowledge through video lessons or content related to certain school or academic subjects.

Pros:

YouTube is a very user-friendly application, as well as being very affordable. It is wide, bringing not only entertainment, but also information and interesting content. Its recommendations are very helpful, based on the user's search history.

Cons:

I feel satisfied with the tools made available by youtube, but I believe it would be interesting to add some more beautiful effects to youtube shorts, to encourage users to post more videos on the platform.

Zakaria
computer engineering in Morocco
Computer Hardware, Self Employed

Youtube is making our life much easier and here is why

Comments: overall experience, I would say youtube is the top 1 social platform, here is where the legends were born.

Pros:

I have been using Youtube since it almost came out, there is an obvious changing day by day, the platform is being better and better than before, and people are being more creative. it is really making our life much easier than before. you can find anything on youtube, news, courses, interviews, events, movies, and almost everything.it's making everything closer, people are sharing their daily lifestyle, sharing their skills. people are studying and learning new skills. Youtube is letting us free, we can create and share our thoughts for free, and you can be a content creator and have a big community. Youtube is the place where the legends were born.

Cons:

I love everything about Youtube. making our life much better.