Doubled the size and revenue of my business

Reviewed on 25/05/2017
Jorge S.
Paper & Forest Products, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The people who work at DDI are absolute masters at what they do. They understand distribution and software. Frankly, they have been more like consultants to my business than just come software relationship. I knew on day 1 when was I was sitting down with the founder and CEO of this company that it would be the sort of relationship I was looking for. I have not been disappointed since.

Pros: I have been using Inform for just over one year. Within that time I have doubled the size and revenue of my business, the purchase of this software has been instrumental in achieving that.
The reduction of time spent executing every day procedures cannot be understated. This system streamlines operations to such a degree that attention can be refocused elsewhere, like selling.
The selling aspect of this system is second to none. Customer management is so well intertwined within the system. In a moment you can search a contact, know a few things about them, know what they have stopped buying from you, and translate your talent as a sales rep directly into a finished order.
Everything you quote, sell, invoice, purchase and commit is represented and fully tracked in a completely live system. This is crucial to my reporting, which is also a very easy to use part of the system.
The forecasting capability within the purchasing part of the software runs circles around systems that are easily quadruple the price of this system.

Cons: The old ecommerce package was not mobile responsive. Since the release of their new ecommerce, I have purchased it. It does wonders for my business, as it is completely integrated within the software. People can order their specific products from me on their phones and in seconds I have the order being picked and staged.

Comprehensive System but Room for Improvement

Reviewed on 09/12/2016
James H.
Sales Executive
Consumer Goods, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: The DDI system is a comprehensive system that manages sales/warehouse needs very well, but everything else is sub-par to competition. Being a comprehensive system has it's perks; it means you can use DDI for almost all parts of your company; sales, warehouse management, analytics, and even online sales are incorporated. The strong suit of the DDI Inform ERP system at managing warehouse/ sales and analytics. He warehouse management system works very well to account for inventory, and the analytics part will tell you when certain inventory items are low and allows you to send out P/O to vendors right from the system.

The sales side of the system is also great, it’s very easy to use to type in Sales Orders and adjust pricing, etc. Compared to other sales systems we used, this is definitely one of the most comprehensive.

That being said, being a comprehensive system also has some drawbacks, and DDI as a system has room for future improvement. Luckily they do update their software with upgrades/updates throughout the year.
The online sales portion of DDI could use work. As of right now, their online mobile ordering page isn't mobile-optimized, and compared to other applications designed for online sales/ mobile order taking, DDI's Mobi-Order performance is sub-par. However, I did hear from DDI that they are working on this portion to improve it, so hopefully with the updates will make the Mobi-Order more intuitive.

Another problem we’ve encountered there is little room for customization within the DDI system itself: layouts and formats of invoices, sales orders, etc are all pre-set and not easily changed. If you really wanted to change anything, DDI will bill you for special customization, which can be costly.
To summarize, there is no denying the DDI system is great for warehouse/sales management, but aspects of the online/mobile department can definitely use some improvements, as this is the future of sales. Overall, a very comprehensive system that I would recommend for the wholesale & distribution business.

Pros: - Great at warehouse management
- Great for sales team management, helps track salesperson
- Good for accounting
- Analytics for sales team / product team
- Constant Updates

Cons: - Lack of customization options
- Lackluster features on it's mobile site / ordering app

DDI-Inform. Value and support today. With a clear path to needs of the future.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017
Cyrus E.
Product and Opperations Manager
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: We switched to DDI a couple of years ago. As a HVAC-R distributor with four branches and growing sales, we needed a powerful ERP system that provided flexibility, stability, responsive support and a strong plan for the development of future features. DDI-Inform provides all that. Inform is adaptable to the way that you do business with an extensive list of features and options that can be turned on or off to fit your needs. It also provides a granular permissions model that allow business owners to determine who can do what in the system. We choose run Inform on our premises, but it can be hosted on Rackspace. Inform is very stable. But modern ERP's are complicated and you will always run into edge cases. When we have needed support, the support provided by DDI is responsive and timely. They have a web support portal that works quite well, but you can also call them if needed. The support team is large enough that you are never left without support, small enough that they remember who you are. One of the things that is important to us is an ERP that has plans to grow with emerging technology's while still being stable and usable in the near term. DDI has slowly but surely been updating Inform to the new Inform 2 interface. During this transition they have taken their time to make sure that we don't loose any functionality while consistently providing improvements in design and features. I'm excited for the future of this product. And the advantages that it will bring to our business.

Pros: Stable and flexible. Excellent Support and responsiveness from their team.

Cons: There are, of course, little minor issues. But nothing that has made us regret our decision.

We are a distributor and this system is perfect for our industry

Reviewed on 25/06/2015
Allyson I.
Operations Manager
Paper & Forest Products
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The system provides a smooth process, compared to our old system we couldn't keep track of old/new costs or receipts. I train everybody at our company and DDI is very easy to write a process and train right away. To be honest I am very happy we made the change to DDI, it's perfect for what we need to do everyday to service our customers. I also think we don't know everything this system could provide but we are in the works of finding out.

Cons: I wish there was an easier way to identify sales orders from machine part orders. If a customer calls in and says "I need a part for my machine" but if it's a customer who places a lot of orders with us the sales history screen doesn't load because it's a lot of information. If we had an option to select the sales rep name in the sales history screen it would only pull up the orders that my machine tech sold not every order. This would make serving our customer on the machine side easier and more efficient. One more thing, customer service uses the customer order pad when entering orders but when they hit save the items appear on the sales order in alphabetically order. This is an issue because we have customers who could place up to 10-20 items per order and if they used the pad it makes it very difficult to check the sales order before saving it, if they have a big order they manual enter the codes on the sales order.

Solid ERP

Reviewed on 13/06/2019
IT Admin
Warehousing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: My favorite thing about this program is that you can pretty much get from any part of the program. From the sales order entry screen to the linked purchase order or to the product details or the customer master file. Sometimes this creates too many options when training new employees, so best to have a good plan for that otherwise new people might get confused.

Cons: It always feels like the developer is adding new features, which is great, but since they charge so much for maintenance you would think these features would be integrated as part of the program, but instead they are offered in a sort of add-on structure, which can be frustrating.

Solid ERP System

Reviewed on 06/08/2018
Glenn M.
IT Manager
Consumer Goods, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: We've been on this system for almost 8 years now, and it's been great to see it evolve over time. The developers are constantly looking for ways to make the user experience more efficient and giving us more ways to use the system. Personally I find the Advanced Report Writer function to be the most useful as I can provide automated reports to various departments daily, weekly, or monthly.

Cons: There are sometimes issues known to the developers that don't get communicated to the users. I had a conversation with their support staff last week where I mentioned an issue we've been seeing for a number of months and he said it was a known issue but nobody had bothered to communicate it. Seems like they also charge a lot of money for maintenance, then try to charge more for features when they are added as well.

Inform for Small Business

Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Angie O.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Over-all this software does a great job of meeting the needs of our company, we need to learn to use forums for additional training on occasion and also do our upgrades more often. This requires an outside IT person to help so it doesn't happen as quickly as it should.

Pros: Software is very user-friendly, Unlimited reporting possibilities, frequent upgrades, "help" blog for additional training

Cons: Some features in AR/AP are lacking, not "Windows" based so setting up remote users is costly for a small business

by Lisa on 16/04/2018

Thank you Angie for taking the time to review your Inform software. We appreciate your favorable review of Inform. We can assure you Inform ERP is a fully Windows based software and runs very well in a remote environment with minimal investment. We will have one of our Specialists reach out to better understand your specific situation.

Excellent ERP that facilitates data driven decision making. Client for ten years and the software has continued to evolve.

Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Eric P.
Direct, Supply Chain
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The constant evolution of the interface and functionality. The Dashboard feature allows users to access enterprise wide cross functional data in real time, which in turn allows for an immediate drill down to root cause. This has proven very helpful in improving our training efficiencies.

Cons: We have always desired the ability for purchase orders to be set as recurring and spawned from a template. This functionality exists on the Sales Order side, and for an master distributor, who often orders in comparable lots at essentially set intervals, there would be an increase in efficiency by eliminating the need to continually created similar POs.

Enterprise ERP that lacks basic ERP functionalities

Reviewed on 23/12/2016
Drew G.
Managing Partner, CIO
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: DDI has been running our business for over 3 years. Warehouse and inventory control systems are decent, accounting meets our basic needs. The biggest issue w DDI is they are a closed source software. Integrating with other strike mission software is virtually impossible. For example, you are bound by DDI into using Authorize.net for payment processing. For a wholesaler, Authorize.net is the least favorable payment processor b/c it cannot pass level 3 data, required for best rates on corporate charge cards. Being bound to Authorize.net costs our business year just in higher CC rates. Another example would be interfacing w 3rd party e-commerce platforms, which is very difficult and expensive to achieve with DDI closed source code. The built-in e-commerce platform is pathetic. It's 1990's web technology not mobile optimized, zero customization for the structure and layout, custom rules and customer-specific catalog pricing for a true B2B experience is not available. the list goes on and on. Your business processes must conform to DDI's framework, when it should be the other way around. There are MANY other ERP solutions that can do what DDI does for a fraction of the price. They keep promising updates to meet these glaring issues, but they never materialize. We'll be making a move in the next 24 months.

Pros: DDI team was readily available during installation and training
Detailed financial and sales performance reporting
Little downtime.

Cons: Closed-source code eliminates any integration w 3rd party software
Baked-in e-commerce platform is woefully outdated
DDI is always promising to rollout new features that rarely come to fruition

by Jennifer on 21/03/2017

DDI System strives to be extremely attentive to our user's requests, while paying careful attention to supporting distributors in the new digital economy. DDI's Inform eCommerce API is a comprehensive, transactional interface that supports real-time customer validation/login, price and stock, submit sales order, retrieve order list and line-item detail, saved cart, and user-defined fields. Complete documentation is available at our customer support portal, ddiusers.com, or by starting a support case for an emailed copy. Our native eCommerce and mobile applications are all mobile responsive and provide real-time stock, customer-specific price, extensive sales and invoicing history. We invite you to try our demonstration sites and request a demonstration login to experience how your customers could benefit from this enhanced portal. In 2nd quarter 2017 we added the Cayan gateway for payment card processing. With the robust feature set of this gateway, Inform supports EMV, Level 3 processing to reduce interchange rates, chip and pin, and debit card processing. Pre-authorization, reusable payment profiles, and interactive payment terminal options will follow in 4th quarter 2017. Our responsiveness to evolving technology is what helps us very rarely loose a client to another ERP solution. We welcome your feedback, are happy to discuss further development initiatives and truly hope to retain you as an Inform ERP user. Please continue to reach out to us and contribute to our development roadmap.

DDI experience has been great!

Reviewed on 01/05/2015
Jonathan M.
Senior Sales Representative
Business Supplies & Equipment
Overall
4.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: I have used several ERP software programs for the distribution industry. DDI by far is the most robust, simple and easy to use so far. The CRM package specifically is my favorite. It has allowed me to better serve my customers with hundreds of reporting features at my fingertips. In the past with other ERP programs it is very difficult to gather numbers and really know your numbers. The pivot tables for sales analysis by customer, part number or whatever info I need can be accessed on the software.

Cons: My least favorite part about the product is searching for products among thousands in our product catalog. I wish you could see the price for each product on the menu instead of choosing each product to see pricing. In distribution the product master, or what we can sell is obviously the most important. It is sometimes hard to choose the right product unless you know what is the cheapest or best option while searching.

Easy to use with great customer support

Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Rebecca L.
Wholesale, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to use, nice interface. Recent updates have made it easy to switch from one screen to another when you need to, but what's even better is that you can hover over certain fields for more information without even having to open a separate window.

Cons: It sounds ridiculous, but their customer service is almost too responsive. When I send an email with a question, they always follow up with a phone call, and while that may sometimes be necessary, it's annoying when it's not, especially when we are having a busy day and would rather keep the phones open for customers. We are a small company.

Effective and Efficient All-in-One Software

Reviewed on 04/05/2015
Mike S.
Director of Marketing
Business Supplies & Equipment
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: DDI is a solid system that allows you to do just about everything with plenty of useful features and extras. Managing our database is extremely easy with DDI. The customer support is great and very helpful. Whenever I have issues or questions, I know I can quickly get an answer. It is frequently updated and improved based on customer feedback.

Cons: Sometimes the updates contain big changes, from a functionality standpoint, that take some getting used to. The built-in help function needs to be updated as the software is updated to reflect the updates so we can read up on the new stuff and how to use it. Sometimes there's overlap - several different buttons that lead to the same thing and unnecessary steps that lead you to the same thing in the end. Those could be eliminated to reduce clicking and clutter.

DDI changed my work habits!

Reviewed on 01/05/2015
Cody G.
Commercial & Geothermal Product Manager
Consumer Services
Overall
4.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The reporting that Inform provides is unlike any other we could find. We made the switch from an old DOS based program, and the ease of being able to click through things without having to stop, use the bracket key or cntrl ** has made life easier. The projected purchase orders & critical inventory reports can be ran every night and ready for our purchasing staff every morning so we don't have to sift through the prior day's transactions to see what we need to reorder.

Cons: This one isn't really a big deal, but we do run across the transaction that, although the account isn't set up as tax exempt, the project/sales order will be. Instead of being able to click 1 button to make the sales order tax exempt, you have to click several spots on every line item. Just a bit tedious in my opinion.

version 18 is great

Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Michael M.
IT Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Version 18 is a huge improvement over previous versions , the ability to see snap shots of products while adding an order is wonderful . Also being able to see stock levels of products at all location while adding to an order is a very helpful tool .

Cons: While a little hard to learn from the start once you get use to it works smoothly . I for one would like a reference guide for ARW (advanced report writer ) , this would make writing reports much easier . or maybe a Wizard that walks you thru making reports .

DDI Inform is very intuitive and the customer service is outstanding

Reviewed on 20/02/2018
Wanda S.
Inventory Control Manager
Customer Support

Pros: Customer support is always at your finger tips and the agents are experts. It's an easy system to navigate. As an analyst I find the system easy to use to get the data I need in a timely manner. If the system is lacking they do try to add the upgrades to future releases.

Cons: DDI Inform is constantly releasing upgrades to stay competitive and to fulfill the voice of the customer and this is good and bad: The Lot control functionality needs improvement. I feel that DDI should spend a little more time testing and validating the software upgrades before releasing them in order to avoid bugs and customer discomfort.

Satisfied customer for 6 years

Reviewed on 09/05/2017
Scott S.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 13-50 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Always adding new features and helping me run my business better.

Pros: Very easy to use and powerful. New employees are able to learn 80% of what they need to learn to do on the software in half a day. We can report on anything we want and write custome reports easily. Best customer service I have had and much better than every other software other business people tell me about.

Cons: It's not free, but you do get what you pay for. With Inform you get very good value. Each module is sold separately.

Carpentry Supply Shop

Eben H.
Outside Sales Representative
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Easy to use, powerful record keeping and accounting. All your customer data and order history is saved and available at your fingertips to help you provide a high level of customer service.

Cons: I would like to have all edit-able fields in the order entry and accounting screens connected so they can be tabbed through. There's a time savings there vs. having to mouse click on each field and then enter values.

Does more than we can use

Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Christie J.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Users who have been on other distribution software absolutely rave about the ease and information available in DDi Inform.

Pros: Easy to learn basics with built in help and video tutorials.
Intuitive processes and drill down ability
Outstanding support

Cons: Creating reports can be difficult.
Cannot make global changes in some fields where it would be extremely useful to do so.

Distributors Deserve DDI

Reviewed on 05/05/2015
Erin D.
Sales and System Coordinator
Paper & Forest Products
3.5 / 5
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: DDI is forever changing with the times. The mobile revolution and ease of access are upon us, and DDI is following suit with their CRM features and mobile capabilities. Recently we were able to get rid of our other CRM and downsize into one software. This made it extremely easy to have our inside and outside staff communicate better.

Cons: I wish that DDI had a customer import feature like it's product import feature. This would make importing leads and customer information easier. But, I know that DDI listens to its users and is constantly making changes to better fit their customers. I may see this feature in future upgrades.

Inform

Kayla M.
IT / Accounts Payable
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: Great system and people to work with.

Pros: Best decision our company ever made was to upgrade our system to Inform. More control over inventory and accounting than what we had before. Customer support is always ready to help.

Cons: Can be a little overwhelming at first but well worth the time and investment.

My company has used DDI System since 2005. System and DDI staff both are great to work with.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Lisa J.
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Comments: DDI staff makes it even better.

Pros: Has everything needed to keep precise records of customers, inventory & company finances. Easy to use.

Cons: I really do not have anything that I do not like about DDI System. If I had to choose, it would be that there is not a payroll option.

A pleasure to use

Donn D.
Warehouse Associate
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Ease of use, streamlining processes that make the day go by easier. Allows us to take care of our customers quickly and accurately.

Cons: No major issues. DDI has been implemented successfully in our organization and we appreciate the support we receive.

Quality POS system with Useful Reporting and Inventory Management

Reviewed on 12/04/2018
Lesley F.
customer service
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: The software is Easy to use. They listen to feedback and are available for support and clarity on new functions.

Cons: I Would love to see more themes for color selection on the viewing screens. There's about 7 themes and would love to see more.

All the tools to run a service supply business in one package

Ron O.
Systems Administrator
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees
Not Likely Extremely Likely

Pros: Everything you need in one package. Accounting, Inventory, Product Management, Sales, Receivables, Payables, Reporting, Even a Website

Cons: Mobile platform isn't finished yet. It is usable by most salespeople but not the whole company.

FANTASTIC!