15 years helping British businesses

Adobe Lightroom Reviews

About Adobe Lightroom

Cloud-based tool that provides businesses with tools to add and edit professional photos.

Learn more about Adobe Lightroom

Pros:

I really value Adobe's technical support and frequent updates to the product as new cameras and new capabilities are introduced to the market.

Cons:

Because the toolset is so comprehensive, it is very intimidating to use. It also has a steep learning curve.

Adobe Lightroom ratings

4.4
4.1
4.6
4.3

8.8/10

Adobe Lightroom has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars based on 280 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Lightroom before?

Molly
Molly
Photographer in US
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Long time Lightroom user (going on 10-years) -- it's a must have for any professional photographer

Comments: I have been a long-time user of Adobe Products and you simply cannot use anything else if you're looking for professional editing software. I pay for the premium monthly pack of the entire adobe suite, all the software plays nice with each other integrating useful features between them all. I love the libraries in PS for editing on repeat clients with tools and styles.

Pros:

I love that Adobe does useful updates when they update the software. I do love many features about lightroom, speeding up my workflow, consistent batch edits and once you learn the ropes, it's a breeze to use.

Cons:

LR just did a major overhaul to their masking and it has been a major upgrade to the previous masking tools. So far I absolutely love it and it is already saving me so many previous headaches in time with masking objects/subjects. I wish they would work on their heal too, it is clunky, slow, and should work more like content-aware in PS, but I'm sure it will eventually get there. :) Nothing that would keep me from using the software.

Prateek
Graphics Editor in India

Adobe Lightroom, The Best Photo Editor

Comments: Overall, Lightroom has become the core of my everyday operations, and it's the single software I rely on the most. The initial implementation was a bit rough due to the complexity of Lightroom's Professional Tools but now, it has become integral to my role.

Pros:

Lightroom has everything a Photo Editor can think of. From basic editing like manipulating brightness and contrast, to more advanced features like HSL Split Tone, Masking, Layers, and Tone Curves, Lightroom has it all in one place and is the benchmark product in its industry.

Cons:

Starting up with Lightroom as a beginner is a bit steep and challenging. Lightroom has a vast palette of tools and features that appear overwhelming for a newbie but the learning and experimenting is actually fun.

Mark
Owner in UK
Photography, 2–10 Employees

Quick and easy editing without the fuss

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: As I have said before does what it is supposed to do in a fast and efficient way, I have tried other software but this really is the number one tool on the market for me. Its just great for dealing with my wedding photos and lets me work on them without having to upload more than once.

Pros:

Adobe Lightroom was very easy to load up with no problems whatsoever. It allows fast editing where you need it getting your photo's ready for the customer. Easy to upload your photos easy to edit, and if you get stuck the help section has the answer.

Cons:

The main niggles for me were that you have to load to your c drive it would have helped me to have been able to upload to any drive. I think that some of the tools can still be a bit slow but nothing much. with regards to cons as such none it does what its supposed to do.

Nikhil
Graphic Designer in India
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

O CAPTAIN MY CAPTAIN..

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

The most likely part of adobe lightroom its the whole light panels , i mean personally its the backbone for all of it , and also the grain effect it adds essence to the picture like a24 studios does to its movies and images.

Cons:

the least i like about adobe lightroom as it doesn't have presets themes and designs that should the creator should give , i know we can create our own presets but presets themes what i feel should be there for more ideas and variations.

Anil
Editor in UK
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Creative Alliance Review

Comments: Overall, lightroom has been our go-to software for final retouching the photos and we also use it for making LUTs for videos. It is a simple and easy to use software and has helped us a lot in out weekly works.

Pros:

Along with easy and simple photo editing, making LUTs is also very simple in lightroom. Convenient to save time for editing photos. Various filters and abundance of functions are an added bonus.

Cons:

One of the cons of Adobe Lightroom would be the pricing for Adobe products as a whole. Only talking about Lightroom, there are certain limitations to fully editing photos, for which Photoshop has to be integrated.

Chrissy
Chrissy
Communications + Marketing Manager, Photographer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Lightroom is a foundational component to my photography workflow

Comments: Lightroom makes my workflow so much easier as a photographer, and I can't imagine using or recommending another software to other photographers.

Pros:

I've been using Lightroom for over ten years, first as a photographer, and now in my career in communications and marketing as well. The majority of how I use it is in my photography "side hustle" where I shoot portraits, weddings, and landscapes. The importing and file organization is excellent, and I love the rating system as well.

Cons:

The clone stamp tool leaves something to be desired- I wish it was more like the one one Photoshop.

Shilton
partner in St Lucia
Food Production, 2–10 Employees

One of the best for Novice editors

Comments: I work for a small waste management company, and I recently convinced my company to invest in a DSLR. This is used for all my content gathering at work, however, the CyberLink software which came bundled with my camera package was just plain horrible. Upgrading to Lightroom was a lifesaver, the ease of use, and flexibility allow me to quickly edit, add watermarks and output photos.

Pros:

Ease of use and more lightweight than Adobe Photoshop while maintaining most of the key features that beginner editors would require.

Cons:

Subject detection does not always work as well as I would like

Lauren
Cofounder in UK
Design, 2–10 Employees

One of the best

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I think Adobe Lightroom is one of the most popular editing apps for a reason. The look is really nice and easy to use. Love the edits I can create from this

Cons:

The image fix feature isn’t always the best as its not that realistic all the time

Tiara
Tiara
Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

A budget version of Photoshop

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Adobe Lightroom has a wide arrange of photo editing capabilities. It is a preliminary product without a premium price tag. If you mostly want to color correct, fix lighting, or airbrush a photo then this will have all of the tools you’ll need.

Cons:

Unfortunately, it is limited when it comes to actual photo manipulation. If you are look to fully manipulate the photo then look to Photoshop instead.

Media Production, Self Employed

An amateur photographer's view on Adobe Lightroom

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Lightroom is easy in use and therefore it is a good application for fast photo editing.

Cons:

I don't have any cons, however I prefer using Adobe Photoshop.

Mohammad
Director cinematographer photographer in India
Entertainment, Self Employed

Adobe Lightroom review

Comments: I love everything Adobe. What's more, Lightroom is only one of those bits of programming projects that is an unquestionable requirement for any individual who is truly into computerized photography. I'm by and by bought into the Adobe Inventive Cloud membership where I get Lightroom and any remaining Adobe applications in a perfect, reasonable month to month bundle.

Pros:

Classifying and document the board are awesome, which is at the center of keeping your photographs straight!Non-horrendous altering of photographs, we've all heard it and yes it's perfect for effortless adjustments to your picturesAdjusting photographs on the cloud works according to plan, including your cell phone obviouslyFurthermore, synchronized altering is a gift, exceptionally simple to utilizeI need to say that the Versatile Application for iOS and Android for Lightroom is astounding, you can see they've truly put into cell phone useThe inquiry devices are strong, making it more straightforward than any time in recent memory to find your photographsEndlessly heaps of presets and unending modules you can have so there's limitless space for extension and new revelationsCamera backing ought to be fantastic also so even new camera discharges are very much upheldFrom your photographs make books, slideshows, exhibitions, and so on.

Cons:

As frequently is with Adobe items it utilizes a decent measure of assets, particularly the non-disastrous component requires a ton of circle spaceInstallment is membership based which not every person loves clearlyTransferring existing libraries to the framework is tedious

Ansh
Operations specialist in India
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Fabulous editing software in the market.

Comments: My overall experience with adobe lightroom was amazing as I like image editing a lot. I have produced some of the premium-level edited photos just by working a few minutes on the software. All thanks to adobe for making my editing experience great and giving me results which directly helped my business social media pages to grow with better content.

Pros:

The best thing about the software is that it works on Android devices which makes it more handy and efficient. The editing tools which lightroom has are extremely powerful and are capable of giving you the best results. There are real-time editing tools like masking and animations. The best thing I liked about the app was inbuilt presets recommendations which will give you premium results even without much efforts.

Cons:

The premium of the app is a little costly which can be difficult to afford for newbies and it has a huge variety of editing tools so they will also need to take a professional course to understand working on this app. Some time app crashes by itself and shuts down without any reason. I think this is something in which adobe should work on by removing these small bugs for a better user experience.

Rahul
Rahul
Product Manager in India
Automotive, 11–50 Employees

Premium Image editing software

Comments: I had a fantastic experience with the app as I do lots of image editing work and need professional-level tools to work on high-definition images. The app provides me a platform to create content and these contents are used for posters and online ads for my business. All thanks to adobe lightroom for giving me some pro-level image editing experience.

Pros:

The best thing about the software is that it has premium-level image editing tools like masking and Image optimizer. One feature which I always use is the recommended presets that lightroom provides, they are so amazing that you won't need to do anything and lightroom will do all the work by recommending self-edited presets and trust me all of these presets will be worth exploring.

Cons:

Everything is great about the software but the main problem is its price. It is a high-cost app if you buy it's premium and also the windows version is a little difficult to understand as it has lots of professional-level image editing tools and it will take a lot of time for a user to get comfortable with the software interface.

Joyce
Photographer in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Why you need Lightroom if you are in the Media industry.

Comments: Lightroom has improved my media business threefold. It allows me to be efficient with my time, therefore, providing my business with a better profit margin.

Pros:

This software besides being affordable is reliable, user-friendly, and efficient. I prefer Lightroom over other editing software because it is easy to understand, learn and use all the different tools it offers. It has cut my post-processing time in half and allows me to do all the post-processing steps like importing, selecting, editing, exporting into many customizable formats and sharing through my other devices all in one place. I cannot live without this software.

Cons:

The only feature I dont like it is: With one of the recent updates, the importing process now also makes a 2nd copy of the master file on your computer/hard drive therefore now having the original, a copy, plus the exported image for a total of 3 files for the same image taking up storage space.

Oreoluwa
CEO in Nigeria
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Review of Lightroom

Comments: Overall, Lightroom is a great app, it saves me from a lot of stress by helping me edit multiple images at the same time and also with the bulk export function

Pros:

I really like that Lightroom has both the system software and the mobile application because it really helps improve picture quality and even as a beginner using the app, you can get a lot of things done as it is very User friendly. I can say anywhere that with Lightroom even if the image was initially wrong you can make the necessary changes and make it just right. One thing I like about the system software is how you can edit multiple images at once

Cons:

I feel that the software can be improved, normally you can edit multiple images at once but the edit you can do to multiple images is limited. If it can be improved it'll make the app really better

Mikko
Photographer in Finland

One of the best RAW converter & photolibrary programs available

Comments: LR used to be my main RAW conversion software for years and photo library organising tool until I discovered Capture One which suits my workflow better. I still use Lightroom every now and then if I don't get colours or results I want with C1. For mobile editing of RAW files I always use Lightroom CC mobile version. Learning curve with Lightroom is not as steep compared to C1. As a summary it is powerful photo editing and organising tool and one could almost say industry standard with loads of plugins and presets available.

Pros:

Photolibrary tools of LR are the best in the industry. Key wording and organising library is easier than say in C1. Tight integration with other Adobe products makes roundtrips to Photoshop from Lightroom a breeze and sharpening tool is also great. There are more and cheaper presets available for Lightroom than for Capture One. With one subscription one gets Lightroom Classic (desktop) and Lightroom CC (cloud base) + mobile options for the latter, which is great to have options to choose from to fit ones needs.

Cons:

As such it is expensive software and I don't like subscription model of payments. However bundled with Photoshop in Photography plan LR is kind of an extra if one needs Photoshop for editing anyway. Some other software, especially Capture One, render colours better than LR for my taste.

Abhishek
Abhishek
Internship in India
Design, 11–50 Employees

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Review

Comments: "Every pro was once a beginner" and for beginners, a good platform helps a lot to pursue their journey, and in the field of editing photos, Adobe Lightroom is doing the best. As it provides tutorials to learn to edit, and how to best utilize the features of Lightroom.
It also provides a preset feature that you can import for free from the internet or you can purchase and use it for your editing. It helps to tune the photos faster

Pros:

Adobe Lightroom helps the user to edit the photos. My team is using this software for the last 6 months and my experience with this software is amazing. It is a premium level software that provides you many features like you don't have to wait for the perfect shot i.e. you can just take the normal shot and lightroom will help you to make the shot perplexing. Tune your photos easily and check out the result which suits the shot best.

Cons:

Although the preset feature is amazing and helps the creator to edit the photos and make a result at a different level but it can make the beginner user lazy. the user will just use the preset feature to edit the photos, which will hinder the user from learning new skills on Adobe Lightroom.

Bruna
Digital Influencer in Brazil
Broadcast Media, 2–10 Employees

My photos have a much better quality after I met Lightromm.

Comments: The App is indispensable for my work today. I love using it and recommend it to all my friends. It has completely improved the result of my photos, I love this app and won't stop using it!

Pros:

I love the Lightroom App. I use it daily, I can no longer post any photos before I use it. It has completely changed the quality of my photos. It is very easy to use, the tools are easy to find, it allows you to save the settings I used on one photo so I can use them on others, it is just amazing.

Cons:

I already like the App a lot, but just to improve it could have even more presets.

Nathália
travel consultant in Brazil
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

the best image editor

Comments: It is a complex application, mainly due to its many functions, which also makes it a very complete application for editing. In addition to exporting everything with great quality. I highly recommend it, if you have difficulties at first, persist until you understand each feature, it's worth it

Pros:

I wouldn't say that the application is easy to use, especially for those who are not familiar with image editing, myself, when I installed it, two years ago, I found it quite difficult and I looked for many videos on youtube that could help me. But once you get the hang of it, get more familiar with the tools, you won't want to edit anywhere else. I find the application very complete, with several functions, with the option of filters saved by the user, which make it very easy as well. One thing that might seem small, but I really like it and haven't seen it in similar apps, is the option to "zero" the edit I was doing quite easily.

Cons:

it's been a while since, in the "mask" option you could select only the sky, or a "subject". I only managed to do this once! Every other time the app restarts and I lose everything I've edited. So, this function, which is not that new, doesn't work on my device, nor on my husband's device.

Researcher in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

The right option for any non-professional

Pros:

This software has a perfect built in tutorial. Many times I consider tutorials to be too slow and end up skipping them. The Lightroom tutorial was short and to the point, giving users just enough to get them started successfully on their project.

Cons:

It is a little bit difficult to reopen an image that you were working on in the past. Somehow all of my past and present image projects are all in the same workspace. It would be nice to have a more customizable organization system in Lightroom, such as folders or sort by date.

Lori
Lori
Founder in US

Favorite Photo Editing Tool

Comments: The features in Lightroom have grown so much over the past few years. The whole workflow and editing of photos is quick and easy. There are many creative options now as well as tools for touch-ups. I also really enjoy the monthly membership model (paid yearly) which allows me to always be using updated software.

Pros:

I've used Lightroom for the past 10+ years and the available features for photo improvements just keep getting better.

Cons:

I wish there was the ability to export photos in CMYK.

Dragan
Content Manager in Serbia
Import & Export, 2–10 Employees

Nice functionality, needs to work in unison with other programs

Comments: Overall, Lightroom is great for portrait and landscape photo editing, although I feel it works best in connection to Bridge and Photoshop. This way, you get an overall solution for your editing efforts.

Pros:

In terms of photography as a hobby and specific niches (landscape, portrait), Lightroom is still one of the best tools out there. It has powerful features, it's relatively easy to use compared to Photoshop, and it's easy to edit and adjust photos during the workflow. I also liked the tagging options in Lightroom. Image Library is by far one of the better features of this program, and very easy to use.

Cons:

Although great for editing of certain photos, Lightroom is, I find, still lacking in some other features. For starters, brushes for editing sometimes exhibit certain bugs, and it gets frustrating to adjust them. Additionally, I think I would like to see at least some sort of primitive layers in lightroom, separated from the brush adjustments, I think it would make things a lot easier.

Justin
Justin
Executive Creative Director in UK
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Batch image editing beast!

Pros:

Powerful and capable product with many options for image editing. Newest versions with the masking features is VERY good!

Cons:

Rendering of large images, especially when culling, can take a long time which slows down my momentum, and slows down my overall process so much so that if I'm doing a massive group of images I generally do this part of my workflow in another app. If adobe can sort this out then I'll use it for my whole workflow from project import to selection to editing (95% of ) to export in various sizes, resolutions, with or without watermarks or file numbering.

Ángel
Ángel
Community Manager in El Salvador
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Your pictures are never going to be the same!

Comments: Lightroom has various functions that help you transform an ordinary picture into a professional masterpiece. This software simply makes your pictures looks awesome. Bad lighting? No problem. Bad weather? No problem. Your main photographer couldn't show up and you had to do the pictures? Not a problem! Lightroom's got you covered.
This software has helped us attract more people to our Med school because it really helps us highlight the best sides of our facilities, and it allows us to picture the best of our students.

Pros:

Color balancing is great. I helps you transform a boring picture into a creative masterpiece. You can play with brightness, contrast, luminosity, etcetera, in order to find the perfect set up for the pictures. The software includes various presets, and you can also import presets made by other designers, aside from creating your own! You know, in case you find the perfect combination and want to be able to use it later. It's also really easy to use in a basic level.

Cons:

The cost! As all Adobe products, Lightroom is really expensive, but it's totally worht it. It can be difficult to use for more advanced photo edition, but there's tons of video tutorials online. But if you're on a tight budget, you gotta be careful, because as I said, it's an expensive software and you could also need training.

Mahil
Mahil
Graphic Designer in India
Graphic Design, 201–500 Employees

Great software for Image editing

Comments: I use it for editing photos of my own or related to my work. Overall it is very easy to use software, especially the mobile application is very user friendly and has very simple interface as compared to desktop version.

Pros:

I love the color effects it provides to make our photos look cool and beautiful. It has my presets which you can directly use in your photos without changing any settings. We can also create our own presets for similar kind of photos. It works very fast and has all the features you need I'm editing any type of images.

Cons:

You need to take the premium version for editing Raw images which will cost you in dollars. The computer version has complex interface.