About Microsoft Publisher

Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing solution designed to help businesses generate layouts, manage content and add images.

Learn more about Microsoft Publisher

Pros:

Anyone familiar with Microsoft Office products can create workable documents in it. That it integrates into the Microsoft Office family of products is valuable.

Cons:

Page manipulation can be difficuly and measurements units by default in inch.

Microsoft Publisher ratings

4.3
4.4
4.2
4.4

8.3/10

Microsoft Publisher has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars based on 50 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Microsoft Publisher before?

Gonzalo R.
Gonzalo R.
IT SAP Analyst in Mexico
Automotive, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Microsoft Publisher for your visual designs

5 4 months ago

Comments: Great experience, easy to use. No need for fancy photo editing software! Depending on your needs, this might be a great option so you can use what already is included in the office package.

Pros:

It is a fairly easy to use software, which is useful for designing and editing visual content intended to be published either printed or digitally. Much more comfortable to use than word or powerpoint for editing images, that is for sure! Offers a wide variety of templates and page sizes that make it a lot easier to create material such as diagrams and so on.

Cons:

Features are not so intuitive, you would need to check the help offered by microsoft inside the software or on the internet.

William O.
Publishing, Self Employed

MS Publisher for Book Covers

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: It is my go-to Book Cover creator solution. I prefer it to any of the paint programs I have used (Paint.net, Gimp, Pixel, etc.).

Pros:

I have used Publisher for many years. Although it is constantly being improved, I have never had trouble learning the new features and it makes beautiful products (in my case, mostly Book Covers).

Cons:

I can't think of a single negative about this software.

César C.
César C.
Computer engineer in Panama
Computer Hardware, 2-10 Employees

The basics never fail

3 2 months ago New

Comments: It is a design program where if you do not have great design skills, it can be ideal, it is easy to use, it does not have functionalities or complex interfaces. A basic but useful option.

Pros:

I like that it is connected to the entire Microsoft ecosystem, it has a basic, intuitive, easy-to-use interface. It presents all the basic functionalities that a design program should have. It has great integration with other office programs. A very good service.

Cons:

I do not like that there are not many options or unique features, it has the basic features, but little else. The gallery of templates is scarce.

Dahlia F.
Freelancer in United Arab Emirates
Executive Office, Self Employed

Your Publishing Partner

4 4 months ago

Comments: Publisher is an extraordinary app for making outwardly rich, proficient looking publications without focusing on a cluttered publishing application. You can simplify things like hello cards and marks, or more intricate tasks like yearbooks, indexes, and expert email pamphlets. I can make great, proficient designs without any issue on styling text, calendar, images or borders. One can also effectively plan extraordinary, materials without hassle. Make everything from straightforward hello cards and names to proficient bulletins and advertising materials utilizing Publisher's wide scope of pre-arranged designs. One can also publish in the manner that suits your crowd best. Share pixel-amazing printouts, send proficient quality email distributions, or commodity to industry-standard non-editable arrangements.

Pros:

Publisher is a strong programming application utilized for desktop publishing. It permits you to control various features, for example, page size, text, illustrations, and borders. Its value lies in its capacity to unite text and pictures to make proficient looking flyers, pamphlets, freebees, and bulletins. I especially like the following: Specialized level impacts for texts, shapes, and pictures. Ability to utilize great picture foundations. Itemized ruler and guides for right estimations Personalization tools which allow me to contextualize what I need as I work on flyers and leaflets Inserting new content also is easy. Either one uses a Publisher template or create a design from scratch. You can begin your modification process by adding in your own pictures through the Picture command. It is also good to note a good selection of clip arts from the menu option which allows you to use for the original template. Indeed a one good tool for entrepreneurs or freelancers like me to use for designing stationery or letterheads, make banners or upgrade my website.

Cons:

While I enjoy using Publisher with its specific features as above referred, it has the drawback of not being able to edit much of images. It excludes subject tones or does not allow me to alter shapes which can be present in Powerpoint There is also limited control over file size. When you add images to the Publisher task, the file size enlarges as there is no way to stack. This burden will make it take longer when one transfers it to a website or a printing company who can produce your work. Without a choice also to add sound or video (despite the fact that you can incorporate connections to them), we find there are a few restricted media choices to consider assuming you're utilizing this stage to plan sites.

Angela H.
Music & Media Coordinator in US
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees

LOVE Publisher!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: We use publisher for our church almost daily to create files, and I use it personally as well to create all sorts of things. Much easier to format things (even easier than Word!). We make banners OFTEN and publisher makes it EASY to make a long banner for our needs. Signage, documents, pamphlets, booklets, etc. - we use it for so many things!

Pros:

I've used publisher for over 15 years and I love it. Being able to import pictures/graphics and design booklets, documents and more. And it's easy to export to PDF and make a PDF of a publisher file too.

Cons:

The only thing I miss is that OLD shortcuts (like hyphenating or turning off hyphens in a paragraph) used to be easily accessible as a shortcut. New versions of publisher changed how to find that feature so I have to search in help if I want to find out how to do certain things, then remember how to access the shortcut on the keyboard to carry out the action. I miss certain features like that which aren't easy to find anymore. It's been YEARS since this changed happened.

Masuzyo M.
Busniness Manager in Zambia
Printing, 2-10 Employees

Microsoft Publisher - Great For Beginners

4 3 months ago

Comments: Overall, it's a great tool that will get any user straight into publishing and at a much lower cost. It has a smooth workflow that makes it easy to prepare publications and similar documents within a short space of time.

Pros:

This software is extremely easy to use, especially for beginners when it comes to publication. My team team is able to quickly create document layouts for quick print operations without much hustle. It's also much cheaper compared t similar products on the market

Cons:

It does not have as many templates as other more expensive software and you don't get as much control as you'd like on the final printed image.

Riza A.
Marketing Assistant in Philippines
Publishing, 51-200 Employees

Publisher for Publishing Company

4 2 months ago New

Comments: The business problem so far that I am solving with Publisher is the edit aspect working in a Publishing Company for a decade has really help me a lot. Making a form, booklet, flyers etc. really is a big problem solver for me and in my department.

Pros:

One thing that I really appreciate about this product is that it is easy to use and really user friendly. I like how I can edit and arrange things easily making my work life less stressful. So really appreciate Microsoft Publisher.

Cons:

I like the software so much, really really appreciate using this specially in the field of work that I am currently in. But I know that you know that a lot of competitive apps or website are trying to level up or sometimes exceeds the capacity of what Publisher can do I mainly pointing out to Canva, if you could upgrade and offer that same level I know and believe your sales will greatly improved since you have made a name for yourself already. So far that is the only update I have in mind.

Daniel anne F.
Guidance Facilitator/Part-time Teacher in Philippines
Higher Education, 51-200 Employees

Microsoft Publisher: Make jobs easy for people

4 2 months ago New

Comments: My whole experience with this software has been superb, and it has helped me much during my student years and now as a worker, because I am not a techie. You may quickly utilize this software to create calendars, infographics, business cards, flyers, and other items. These capabilities and existing formats were almost my job's duty, and Microsoft Publisher makes it easy for me.

Pros:

Microsoft Publisher is an excellent desktop publishing program for creating a variety of high-quality publications. It's not as difficult to use as other apps on the market. Based on my previous experience as a student and now as an employee, I was assigned to create posters/flyers, infographics, and other materials in our office. With its pre-existing formats and designs, this software made my task easier. Furthermore, it is simple to include some images in it.

Cons:

This program is the most underutilized of Microsoft's mainstream offerings. However, there were no aspects of the product that were difficult to use, but it would be preferable if the program were updated, especially now that so many publishing software is being developed.

Elliott L.
Tattoo Artist in Panama
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed

Microsoft Publisher the best for designs my flyer and more!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: Well that was unforgettable experience using this tool, also I used ever since was a teenager and I saw at the past of the year it continuo growing in popularity on the market and on the customers minds.

Pros:

It is really easy to understand and used it, no matter who used, every time most people decide to create flyers, designs and more , because, is the most popular on the list outside on the market.

Cons:

At the moment I don't see any Cons with this fabulous tool, every body out there preferred it!

Arunajyothi U.
Freelancer in India

Flexible Publisher

5 2 months ago New

Comments: It allowed me to be innovative.It enables me hundreds in making my presentation clear.Best at all my tiers.

Pros:

Microsoft Publisher has been helping me to create substances for my initiatives on the grounds that years at school,at my engineering and now at my workplace. Hence it performs a totally indispensable role in my discipline of work.

Cons:

It is genuinely smooth to apprehend and used it.Also Microsoft Publisher should have some more inventory templates for diverse writer-primarily based creations. They may also add greater text styles and stock photographs also motion pictures.

Stephen M.
free lancer in France
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

Power Point & me

5 2 months ago

Comments: It never crashes and it can almost red my to where I want to take my writings.

Pros:

It was accesible when I rought it it had not been on the open market for long . I didn't even bother trying to find reviews on it when saw itwas a Microsoft product brought even though the sales person tried to show me other programs I admit I was a bit obstinate but I knew what I wanted and was not going to be deterred by oe who was more concerned about their commission than my needs. I was not disappointed. It was like finding a new best friend.

Cons:

I can't find to me many things I don't like about it. Here's why. I write music and short stories. My spelling a phraseology is horrible with Power Point they were like having My guardian Angel watching over me when did any type od creative writing they corrected as I wrote it was amazing no dictionaries need.

Georges A.
Georges A.
Systems Administrator in Lebanon
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

Best publishing software EVER... Microsoft Publisher

5 10 months ago

Comments: Publisher has been my "go-to" software when t comes to creating things for publishing, be it online or on paper.
I use it extensively and, a lot of the people around me have fallen in love with it as well.
They are on the right track and hope that the next upgrades will be some much anticipated enhancements.

Pros:

From simple labels to large scale banners and posters, without forgetting of course the mail merge part and simple website creation: Publisher can do it all. Very simple to use, i mean, i was able to initiate someone in about 4 hours and now, just like me, she cannot live without it. The latest updates, coupled with the compatibility with all the Microsoft Office software just makes it PERFECT for the people who need to publish or create simple stuff without the need for expensive and cumbersome professional software.

Cons:

It has certain limitations and still has a few things that need to be worked out. Talking about layering items and objects, the inability to use the "F4" function key to repeat the last action you did. Also, there is no way on earth you can insert a size for a cell inside a table so you have to "play it by eye". Simple useless things but, to the regular user, become a nag.

Debbie L.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

I love Microsoft Publisher

5 5 months ago

Comments: I have used this for years and on a weekly basis. It is easy to use, import pictures and other graphics in to the project and to print them on multiple formats and printers.

Pros:

It is very easy to use, add design sheets, edit and make corrections to flyers, cards, posters and other signage. You can fit to page, add pictures, word text and word art. So easy and user friendly.

Cons:

Nothing. I love it all. I have never had a problem with this software.

Jill D.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Very Very Happy With Fine Pixel-Level Controls in Publisher

5 10 months ago

Comments: We've used Publisher for almost fifteen years to manage our print materials, both for ourselves and for other clients, and have really appreciated that the software is able to handle our smaller needs, and those of clients with much more intense printing needs as well - it has a great range of use across the industry.

Pros:

We use Microsoft Publisher to make print-ready files such as business cards and brochures, and Publisher makes my detail-oriented nature very, very happy with the fine pixel-level controls. I am able to ensure that our print materials are exactly how I want them, and in the exact format required by our printing service.

Cons:

Publisher is a little cumbersome in that the software is capable of much more than we necessarily need it to do, and you can get buried in settings while trying to accomplish something simple. This is a mixed blessing, as when you do want it do something intensive or specific, Publisher is capable; even if it takes a few minutes to find the one setting you want from all the choices! Industrial and experienced users appreciate this, but if you are a casual user, you may consider something lighter in capability.

Kathy K.
Communications Director in US
Hospitality, 201-500 Employees

Great Product!! Easy to use.

5 4 months ago

Comments: Very easy to use, I have implemented fellow teammates to use this program as well. It is a lot easier to teach than Microsoft Word.

Pros:

I love to be able to manipulate my document with ease. It is a very user friendly program. I love it over a word document program.

Cons:

I do not have anything negative to say at all. I love this software.

Marisa Ö.
Marisa Ö.
Freelancer in Turkey
Human Resources, Self Employed

“Microsoft publisher: MEDIA Template”

5 6 months ago

Comments: A best app for creative printing and publishing that provides the ready-to-use template on Microsoft!

Pros:

I have been using the Microsoft Publisher for 10 years ago. It has a variety of templates for media such as brochures, booklets, newsletter, and invitation. It is user friendly and a very good helper for you to create with the designed template and relate to the printer setting easily.

Cons:

There are some limit functions like stickers and the template and features look very formal, it would be better if there are more creative looks. However, this is the best app for Microsoft and I do hope the team can develop it well.

Chelsian P.
Teacher in Jamaica
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

My experience with Microsoft publisher

4 7 months ago

Comments: Overall Microsoft publisher has been my best presentation developing app and would not trade it for another

Pros:

I like that it is user friendly. It has a quick start up time. It is has a variety of ready templates that are suitable for any events or presentations such as class presentations and business presentations . It's tools are very relevant and the ability it gives its users is mind blowing. In comparison to other presentation developing app, Microsoft publisher prove itself to be most reliable to me.

Cons:

After a presentation is created the transitional features it gives are has been the same for a long while now. I believe that Microsoft could add some transitional features so that presentations can have more creative looks.

Bisso ndjoono E.
Publisher review in Cameroon

Publisher review

5 5 months ago

Comments: As benefits they're a lot I can say that I give to my costumers they best at the right time with quality

Pros:

This product is very easy to use for my customers asking

Cons:

If they can give more templates it will be great full

Pascale H.
Administratif assistant in Lebanon
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Good software for non professional

4 9 months ago

Comments: It's easy to use by beginners

Pros:

Very easy to use, friendly interface, can create almost anything on it.

Cons:

Page manipulation can be difficuly and measurements units by default in inch

Igabord M.
Freelancer in Botswana

Microsoft Publisher review

5 4 months ago

Comments: I can tell you that this program is excellent since it allows us to complete our job projects with great professionalism, such as attractive brochures, newsletters, and adverts with creative photographs that will provide a better view of the people to whom we will be sending them.

Pros:

MS Publisher is a program that is far more user-friendly than similar web-based solutions. I tried a few other programs in the hopes of avoiding having to pay for the software, but in the end, I bit the bullet and paid for it since, let's face it, the program is simply more user-friendly. Publisher makes it easy to manipulate stuff, as well as a plethora of other things!

Cons:

The only thing I don't like about Publisher is that you have to renew your software license every year. I think it would be great if you could buy the current version and then upgrade later in the year if you wanted to.

Harel E.
Educator in Mauritius
Fine Art, Self Employed

Publisher is exciting and full creativity

4 3 months ago

Comments: This program is excellent since it allows us to be very creative and professional as it is full of high quality templates.

Pros:

There are a significant number of option and template in Publisher. The software enhances your creativity by giving you a variety of materials for example logos, newsletters, postcards, flyers, invitations, websites, greetings cards.

Cons:

The features are not intuitive, you would need to search for tutorials or use the help offered by Microsoft through the software.

Owen S.
Freelancer in France

Microsoft Publisher Review

5 4 months ago

Comments: Working with Publisher is exciting and full of learning, creativity and has high quality publications.

Pros:

The software gives you a chance of developing a variety of materials for example logos, newsletters, postcards, flyers, invitations, websites, greetings cards and it is always exciting and fun while using it. You get to learn a lot of materials which you can even use to start businesses.

Cons:

It has a wide curve of learning. But it has always been improved over the years so for now I have nothing bad I see with it.

Joycelyn G.
Teacher in Jamaica
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Microsoft Publisher (Pros and Cons)

5 7 months ago

Comments: Microsoft Publisher has been helping me to create materials to teach. Hence it plays a very integral role in my field of work.

Pros:

From my experience with this software, the features that I find very impactful are; The availability of many templates to choose from, the tools that it provide the user with in order to be creative, and the ability to use high resolution picture backgrounds. Microsoft Publisher is very user friendly. The first time I used it I was able develop a document on my own. With my profession, this product has helped me to develop materials that has been helping me to teach.

Cons:

Microsoft Publisher could improve their grammer checks and auto correction when writing and the templates that it provides cannot be transfered to other applications for further editing without the quality being decreased.

Jermaine W.
Jermaine W.
Internal Audit Officer in Jamaica
Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Quick, easy and high quality publishing

4 6 months ago

Pros:

Publisher is virtually free to users using Windows PC as part of the Office package. Beginners can easily select from a variety of templates arranged in different categories to suite their publishing needs. No real knowledge of publishing required, just simple editing of information. More seasoned users can design and layout documents as they please whether it be for business use or just creating a flier or birthday card for a love one.

Cons:

For new users without any publishing skills might find it difficult to create documents from scratch. Certain version of office does not include publisher as part of the Office Suite.

Isaac B.
Intern in Botswana
Information Services, Self Employed

Microsoft Publisher

5 4 months ago

Comments: Using the software was good because it was easy to use, and it had great templates that one could actually customize and make great content like cerfificates, brochures and articles with great designs .

Pros:

What i like about this software is that it allows great designs that someone can even use to make appealing certificates and news articles for newspapers or magazines. I use it most of the time to create articles for magazines and the templates are of good quality.

Cons:

Yes in future i would like to see options where one could actually insert a video kind especially in articles for online reading so that the article could attract a large audience especially the Youth.