About Our School Hangout

School management tool that helps educational institutions manage registration, communication, and other administrative processes.

Learn more about Our School Hangout

Pros:

Cons:

I don't feel there is anything missing from the site.

Our School Hangout ratings

4.9
5.0

Our School Hangout has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 10 user reviews on Capterra.

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries

Countries

Sort by

Have you used Our School Hangout before?

Julie A.
Director in US

Preschool-Friendly Management Tool

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Learning a new software program in the middle of a school year was a bit of a challenge, but [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was there every step of the way to help us. She is hands on and wants to be sure OSH is helping us. If we have an issue, we can reach out to her and she responds promptly!

Pros:

The ease of use. It is extremely easy for parents to set up an account and register their child for our programs. When I need to send out communications, I can send out an email blast to all parents within minutes, no looking up email addresses! Billing and payments are well organized and reports are easy to generate.

Cons:

There really isn't anything. If we run into issues, they are resolved quickly.

Peggy P.
Preschool Director (Administrator) in US
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

Perfect website for managing our preschool

5 9 months ago

Comments: The personal attention to detail of our school's needs has been so appreciated. Most school administrators don't have time to be website geniuses! Since the website is so user friendly, we can make changes and additions to what we offer at our preschool and our community is easily informed.

Pros:

In the past, we shunned the purchase of school management software because of the price. The features of products were far more than we needed for our small half-day preschool. When the developer contacted us, we shared this hesitancy to invest. The completely customizable features of the website made it so user friendly, we were immediately interested. Once the price of the use of the website was shown to be in relation to the size of the school, we were sold!

Cons:

We haven't really worked out if there are cons to this website. Being one of the first users of this product, there were some questions that needed a quick answer. The developer was very quick to solve the issue or to give a date of when the issue would be resolved. Our School Hangout has ongoing improvements and updates that we haven't even started to use.

9 months ago

Peggy, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! Since you were one of our first customers you provided excellent feedback and ideas for features, that once they were added to Our School Hangout, were huge time savers for other preschools using the product. We appreciate that you were part of the early beta and were patient as we worked through the bugs of the early release. Thank you again for your feedback!

Jessica S.
Program Manager in US
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

Our School Hangout allows easier communication

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

Our School Hangout was a game changer when communicating with our parents and being able to send mass emails all at once. As our program got bigger a system like this became necessary. We have loved this software and the ease of use.

Cons:

For the needs of our program, this software hits all the marks!

last month

Jessica - thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am so pleased your organization switched from the old hangout product that has now bee retired. The performance issues you were experiencing will no longer be an issue now that you have switched over to our newer product Our School Hangout. I feel honored that we can continue to support A Brighter Community!

Leah M.
Operations Executive in US
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

Our School Hangout was a game-changer for us!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: One of the things I like most about my experience with OSH was the customer support that I am given on a consistent basis. Whenever I have any issue at all, or just need help learning something new, I get answers and guidance right away.

Pros:

Our School Hangout offers our company a portal for parents to view a calendar of classes, receive emails, notifications, blog postings, and other information that keeps them "in the know" regarding the various offerings we have for their registered students. They receive notifications from us for snow closures or delays based on their transportation group and attendance days. They can sign up for classes or camps, and pay for the class fee all on one convenient portal. For us, the reporting and payment management features were key. Being able to communicate with families based on their attendance days and transportation groups was key for us, as well as processing payments and connecting the accounting to our bank. OSH has been a game-changer.

Cons:

I would like to have a "help" function where I could search a database for helpful instructions, "how-to's", and other tutorial type information. Also, I'm really looking forward to the new app!

Rachel R.
Director of Early Childhood Ministries in US
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees

Our School Hangout from a parent and administrator's perspective

5 last month New

Comments: Our School Hangout has saved me so much time as both a mom of a preschooler and as a director of a Parents' Morning Out program. As a director, it makes it simple to create classes, set up payments, and then just sit back as Our School Hangout takes it from there. Previously, I was sending parent payment emails and following up multiple times throughout the month with multiple families to collect each month's tuition. That task is now taken off my to-do list. Is there anything better than being given extra time in your day? As a parent, I don't even think twice about paying preschool tuition each month. Our School Hangout offers auto pay and again takes one more thing off my to-do list. Our School Hangout is efficient, user friendly, and an incredible time saver. The customer support Sarai offers whenever a question comes up is incredibly fast, professional, and helpful. Our School Hangout is an administrative and parental game changer.

Pros:

Both as a parent and as an administrator, Our School Hangout makes both of my jobs easy. As a parent, Our School Hangout eliminated the need to get out my checkbook and write (literally) my only check each month. Our School Hangout offers auto pay for parents to pay the monthly tuition and sends an email that it's been paid. It could not be easier for parents! As a Parents' Morning Out administrator, Our School Hangout provides a convenient method that I can offer parents to register their child and then pay for our program from their phone. This is a must! Our School Hangout also does the administrative dirty work of sending tuition payment reminders and late fee notices to parents, which allows me to have a much more positive relationship with the parents. Our School Hangout is a game changer as a parent and as an administrator.

Cons:

There's nothing that I don't like about Our School Hangout. If I have a question about anything at all, Sarai is so quick to respond and answer my question.

Anna S.
Director in US
Religious Institutions, 11-50 Employees

AWESOME product EXCELLENT service!

5 9 months ago

Comments: Hands down one of the best small business owners I know! Great product! Highly recommend!

Pros:

First off the product creator is super helpful and provides her time and resources to learn how to navigate the software- helping you identify how it can be most useful to your specific program. It is easy to use and easy for the parents as well.

Cons:

Would like to see an app for the software.

9 months ago

Anna, thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! Your feedback means so much and is always appreciated! To address your point of no app, we are excited to announce a free complimentary app will be released in January 2022. Currently, Our School Hangout can be accessed from any device, anywhere. The app release will further enhance Our School Hangout and will be available for parents and teachers to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Again, thank you for your feedback! It has been an absolute pleasure working with your preschool!

Micky T.
Before/After School Care Coordinator in US

Great Tool!

5 8 months ago

Comments: Great tool to use for easy registration and payments.

Pros:

This software is very easy to use by the parents to make tuition payments and register children for special programs that we offer.

Cons:

When we write the summary in the Weekly Happenings would help us to have more features for text writing, that way the message we want to send to the parents will pop out better.

last month

Thank you Micky for taking the time to write this review! I also appreciate your feedback regarding the Weekly Summary Email. Good news! The area where you write the message at the top of the summary has been enhanced with a fully featured HTML box so you can change the font size, color, add links and images if needed. Thank you for this valuable enhancement idea!

Kelly C.
parent in US

parent user

5 9 months ago

Comments: This software make it easy to see all aspects that I need for the school. Great layout, easy to use/ user friendly. Makes it easy to see my payments, calendar for the school & many other aspects I need to see as a parent.

Pros:

Easy to navigate, streamlines all information needed as a parent. Easy to see calendars, school announcements and sign up and pay for before/after school activities. I love that I can find contact information to my daughter's classmates online too.

Cons:

I don't feel there is anything missing from the site.

9 months ago

Kelly, thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review! Receiving feedback regarding your experience as a parent user is incredibly valuable and greatly appreciated. Thank you again!

Farrah R.
Administrative Assitant in US

Our School Hangout is Amazing

5 2 months ago New

Comments: From implementation to customer service, Our School Hangout has been a game changer for our preschool. The people at Our School Hangout are very responsive and ready to help whenever you need it.

Pros:

This product makes monthly tuition payments, summer camp payments, and all other fees extremely easy to administer and keep track of. This product allows parents to register their own children, but gives us the capability to make changes and customize the registration to what we need.

Cons:

At first there was not a App for this product, but it is being rolled out this summer so it will make it easier to use for parents and teachers.

Molly M.
Teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 11-50 Employees

Awesome

5 9 months ago

Pros:

User friendly, nice to navigate, straight forward

Cons:

Wish is was mobile friends - use on your phone or tablet.

9 months ago

Molly, thank you so much for this review! Feedback from a teacher's perspective is welcomed and appreciated! To address your point of being more mobile friendly, we are excited to announce a free complimentary app will be released in January 2022. Currently, Our School Hangout can be accessed from any device. The app will be available to download from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. Thank you again for your feedback!