15 years helping British businesses

About Patreon

Membership management solution designed for creators to share their content.

Learn more about Patreon

Pros:

I can create membership tiers and integrate Patreon with Discord and Zapier. The customization tools for your own Patreon page are good and user-friendly.

Cons:

As for now, there are no big features related to content promotion.

Patreon ratings

4.7
4.1
4.4
4.7

8.3/10

Patreon has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 22 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Patreon before?

Dayna
Dayna
Director of Marketing & Communications in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Patreon is the next step for podcasters and vloggers who broadcast quality content

Comments: My overall experience with Patreon is a good fit. I really enjoy using their platform for my online projects, as well as for my clients projetcs.

Pros:

My favorite feature is the exclusivity of it all. Only paying members have access to your content, which definitely elevates your content to premium levels. The other features I like best about this software the pay schedule and funds transfer, its free to start, rare access to music, and membership fees.

Cons:

The only con when some members have to leave due to changes in finances. Since, membership is the only way a Patreon creator can earn income, this directly affects earnings.

Sujata
Influencer in UK
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Love it!

Comments: I have been using Patreon for more than 2 years now and have benefitted with all the features they provide. Ability to setup tiers for patrons is very useful to have and all the videos that we post in YouTube can be first uploaded to Patreon so that our patron feel special.

Pros:

Having a YouTube channel and integrating it with Patreon is very useful to build memberships for followers and I am having a great time using it. I have been able to connect with so many people from different parts of the world and have set up different tiers of membership in Patreon which allows every patron to have a unique set of requests accordingly. I also find the mobile app very useful and can communicate to patron requests and YouTube updates on the go. Customer service is prompt as well.

Cons:

The fees associated with withdrawals could be lowered a little. Other than that I absolutely find nothing bad about Patreon.

Wilson
Web Designer in Kenya
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

My Patreon Experience

Pros:

It was straight up easy for me to set up my Patreon. Just entered my details, selected my membership tiers and done. The back end also provided me with all the necessary tools I needed to get started.

Cons:

I am comfortably saying that I'm good with Patreon from a creator point of view. The reason I didn't give them a 5 star is from my consumer point of view. There was a point they continued to charge me for a subscription to a creator who had long closed their account. All I can say is getting my money back has been some fight, and I haven't been successful by the way.

Rachel
Co-owner in US
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Great Podcasts on Patreon

Comments: I got Patreon when I decided I wanted to actually subscribe to a podcast I'd been listening to for free. By subscribing, you get bonus episodes, opportunities to interact with the host and community, and other benefits depending on the podcast. Importantly, you also help support the making of the podcast.

Pros:

Patreon works great, and allows me to read the transcript of a podcast, find links to things that are mentioned, and download episodes (which helps if you live in a rural area with poor cell service!). Since subscribing, I've added other podcasts I listen to regularly. I like that Patreon lets me support good podcasts, and help them get made.

Cons:

I have had no complaints about Petreon whatsoever. I will note that they've just released a new version (and logo). But so far it works as well as the previous one.

Georgina
Blogger/Writer/Content Creator in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Patreon Review

Comments: Patreon is fantastic and super easy to use!

Pros:

I absolutely love this platform and what it does for creators. It’s easy to navigate from the front to the backend. When you make a change you see it on the front end of your Patreon immediately. It’s quick on it’s feet :)

Cons:

Hmm I think the only thing I didn’t like was how there was no explanation on how someone actually received your content. It was actually from working on for a few hours that I figured it out.

Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good software for supporting independent creators

Pros:

It's great for tracking some of the independent creators I like to follow and support. The mobile app is very easy to use. I also like that there are push notification options.

Cons:

Sometimes when I use the app, it will crash while looking through some of the creators' posts. This typically happens when there are pictures in the post.

Christopher
Ceo in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

Patreon

Pros:

Great to find freelance workers and business opportunities

Cons:

Some subscriptions are not worth the price they are charging

Alaister
Alaister
Software Developer in Hong Kong
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Excellent but expensive platform for membership management

Comments: It is very easy to use. I have used it for several months and have been receiving payments on schedule.

Pros:

Cons:

The pricing plans are quite expensive. The pro plan takes 8% of your income and an additional 2.9% for payment processing. Small creators will find it extremely difficult to earn good money.

panashe
panashe
IT Specialist in Zimbabwe
Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

Review

Pros:

The online donations makes it easy for me to connect with donors all around the world for my small projects.

Cons:

some countries are not able to make donations e.g Zimbabwe

Paul
Owner in Poland
Computer Games, 2–10 Employees

A site for supporting your "local" stars

Comments: I really like the fact I can give supporters something in return, like access to the games without buying them separately, a special chat for supporters and more.

Pros:

Patreon is a great way to give content to people that want to support you. It's a win-win-win, since people get to support their favourite creators, the creators get money for their work and Patreon also makes money from that.

Cons:

I could not find a dark mode. This is a pretty big downside for me. Besides that, You also can only upload products to your shop that are priced for over 3$.

Giulio
Software developer in Italy
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Patreon experience

Pros:

Patreon is really easy to set up and it's easy to extract money from it via PayPal, it also allows for simple content sharing for the subscribers and the subscription tiers are easy and nice to set up.

Cons:

It's hard to integrate in a software via its API because of lack or confusing documentation. Also it takes a not-so-little percentage of revenue.

Banking in US
Banking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Patreon makes getting contributions easy

Comments: I think the commission structure is fair. They only charge if I actually receive contributions.

Pros:

Patreon is easy to setup and use. I also enjoy its tight integration with Vimeo videos. I'm easily able to offer locked videos to patreon supporters only.

Cons:

I haven't experienced any major cons with this software.

Nicolas
Nicolas
Secretary-Treasurer in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Patreon was vital in the early days of our organization

Comments: We had a positive experience with Patreon but we quickly outgrew the platform and found better alternatives for our organization.

Pros:

Patreon is very easy to set up and allowed us to begin collecting regular contributions very quickly. The software is already known and trusted by many and we were able to easily design a simple but attractive landing page on it.

Cons:

Patreon's fees are very high and it's focus on content creators means that it is usually not the best choice for most individuals and organizations.

Graphic Design, Self Employed

Patreon Fees are a Bit High

Pros:

Patreon is fairly easy to use and allows creators an easy way of getting content out to those who are willing to support them.

Cons:

The fees that Patreon charges are the highest among their peers and aren't nearly as flexible as when it comes to customization.

Tamarah
Tamarah
Fashion Blogger & Owner in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Premium Content with Patreon

Comments: I am able to offer my audience premium content and access that is only available on Patreon.

Pros:

I like how it helps you get the best out of their service.

Cons:

I can't think of any cons right now. I am still figuring everything out.

Daniil
Daniil
Freelancer in Belgium
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

One of the best Creator Support services

Comments: The overall experience is easy and pleasant. The resource provides good and stable functionality for growth

Pros:

It is easy to use for any person. There are no hidden costs, everything is transparent.

Cons:

As for now, there are no big features related to content promotion. It is a good way for people to discover new content and people to support. There is a search page. However, the information about the creator is based on their About Me page. So it's relatively hard to find a creator to your liking

Maria
Maria
Customer Service Associate in US
Retail, Self Employed

How I support and get more content from YT creators

Pros:

Some of my favorite creators depend on support to keep their channels thriving and will have content that they cannot show on YT. This is the perfect way to do all that.

Cons:

It sucks you HAVE to pay to view content, but it all boils down to supporting creators.

Roxana
Head of Marketing in Romania
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Best tools for creative creators!

Comments: It has so many promising features!

Pros:

I love how easy it was for me to explore the features and start setting up my account as a creator.

Cons:

It may be too soon to tell at this time.

Javier
Editor in Spain
Broadcast Media, 11–50 Employees

Muchas posibilidades si tienes apoyo

Comments: Llevamos un tiempo utilizándolo y para algún gasto corriente anual nos da, que es para lo que lo queremos, aliviar la carga financiera.

Pros:

Es fácil de utilizar y te permite recibir apoyo financiero de tu público a cambio de recompensas y ciertos beneficios que escoges tú mismo, lo cual le hace ser muy personalizable tanto en características como en finalidad.

Cons:

Las cuentas que estaban en dólares no permitieron pasarlas a euros cuando se incluyó, tasas algo elevadas en el pago y luego vuelve a cobrar una tasa por retirada.

Online Media, Self Employed

Buena alternativa para buscar aopoyo

Comments: buena en el sentido de que ha generado apoyos, pero al inicio sin publico no habria servido de nada.

Pros:

sirve mucho para trabajar como independiente y en proyectos nuevos.

Cons:

hay que generar una comunidad por fuera de patreon y luego llevarla a patreon, las comisiones son altas, la plataforma no ayuda a crecer, hay que llevar el publico desde otras plataformas.

Mangement Marketing in Côte d’Ivoire
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

critique de l'application Patreon

Pros:

la fonctionnalité la plus importante est son chat et aussi ca qui ne cesse de croite au fur et a mesure

Cons:

a part que la limite de téléchargement est de 200Mo et qu'on ne vendre les cours elle est superbe

Industrial Automation, 2–10 Employees

Una buena opcion para monetizar tu contenido

Comments: Mi experiencia es buena usando Patreon. He podido usarlo para monetizar pequeños proyectos personales.

Pros:

Lo que más me gusta de Patreon es que puedes monetizar tu contenido sin preocuparte por la parte tecnica

Cons:

Lo que no me gusta es que no puedes alojar tus videos en Patreon y tienes que usar otra alternativa.