15 years helping British businesses

Adobe Acrobat Reviews

4.7 (2,432) Write a Review!

About Adobe Acrobat

Create, edit, convert, sign, and combine documents with Adobe’s all-in-one PDF and e-signature solution.

Learn more about Adobe Acrobat

Pros:

It connects with adobe creative cloud service where we can purchase its license and unlock all the features but can also be used for free with the basic features.

Cons:

It consumes a lot of RAM, it does not have a free option and it is difficult to work with pdf texts because they are perceived as images.

Adobe Acrobat ratings

4.6
4.2
4.6
4.3

8.8/10

Adobe Acrobat has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars based on 2,432 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Adobe Acrobat before?

Filter reviews (2,432)

Mary
Mary
Resident Services Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Simply The Best

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall I've had a great experience with Adobe Acrobat. I use it almost daily with my job. It's definitely great bank for your buck with what I use it for. Super great value. It's also super easy to use, especially once you learn everything about it. It's made a world of difference for my coworkers and I with our jobs.

Pros:

There are so many features that are available. The ones that I use the most are combining files and PDF text editing. Makes everything for my job SO much easier. I am able edit documents quickly and easily.

Cons:

There are times when it is a bit slow, and it takes time for documents to load. There are also some times when the font in the original document isn't in Adobe's system so I have to change the font of the entire file.

Hollie
Admin Clerk III in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Adobe Acrobat

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I have had a very positive experience. Adobe has so many functions for it. I find it convenient when I'm able to book classes and find proper links for the use of this program.

Pros:

Having the ability to edit documents, especially old documents from the 90s and older, is very convenient for the job I do. Having the ability to add in documents to already archive folders is also convenient. My company, being spilt into 2 different towns, is able to use the signature program so urgent documents wont need to wait for physical transfer. Helps us speed a lot of processes up.

Cons:

I do find it hard to use new programs and stay up with changes as I age. It would be nice for have really quick hyperlinks for step by step videos. For it to be available on the site bars would be nice.

Henry
s in US
Accounting, 2–10 Employees

A Disappointing Experience

3.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I am utterly disappointed and frustrated with Adobe's unethical business practices. Recently, I discovered a charge of $19.99 on my account for a subscription service that I never signed up for. This came after a supposed "free trial" that I never agreed to. When I attempted to cancel this unauthorized subscription, I was shocked to find that Adobe demands an outrageous $89.99 cancellation fee. This is nothing short of a scam. It is clear that Adobe is engaging in deceptive practices to trap customers into unwanted subscriptions and then penalize them heavily for trying to opt out. This experience has been incredibly distressing, and I am determined to take action. I will be reporting this incident to the Better Business Bureau and will be notifying all relevant media outlets about Adobe's predatory tactics. Consumers should be aware of these underhanded methods and avoid falling victim to such scams. Adobe's reputation as a trustworthy company is severely tarnished in my eyes, and I will be seeking alternatives for my software needs in the future.

Manager in US
Telecommunications, 201–500 Employees

The first and only and only tool you need

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Use it everyday and it's totally reliable.

Pros:

It's near perfect and gets better with each update.

Cons:

Branding can be better for signature send, but is on par with competitors.

Accounting, 51–200 Employees

Best as compare to other similar

5.0 last week New

Comments: My overall experience was amazing and I use to use it daily for my office work and reading pdfs.

Pros:

Its ease to use and can also use hand tool to scroll documents and read easily..

Cons:

It keep on showing the left and right side notifications bar again and again even after camcell

Joshua
Associate Professor in US
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Acrobat makes forms easy

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Standard across all users; excellent OCR; high resolution scans and PDF conversion.

Cons:

The tabs-based interface can be clunky. But its easy once you learn the icons.

BORNUAT
IT Manager in France
Plastics, 51–200 Employees

Adobe - powerfull editor

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's easy to use, edit or merge document.

Cons:

It's very expensive for editing only PDF document.

Alicia
Programs Administrator in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Good and important product, getting better each year

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

Easy to use. User friendly. Will tell you if there is something wrong with your file so you don't loose your data.

Cons:

The edit tools can be a bit clumsy to use and/or find. But, it works! Might just need more practice with them.

Paul
Data Analyst in UK
Government Administration, 51–200 Employees

This is the industry standard and a total no brainer

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: As above my overall experience is hugely positive with adobe acrobat and is widely used in my organisation being heavily relied upon.

Pros:

It's the industry standard producing very high quality documents and statements. The quality is of such distinction that you know it's perfect and therefore trustworthy. These documents are then sent to external printers for enveloping and postage distribution

Cons:

Being totally honest I don't have a bad word to say. I am also a Adobe Creative Cloud user and absolutely love the adobe suite.

Marilyn
Marilyn
Business Owner in Philippines
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

superb for document management!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I'm happy that I am able to know this application. It helps me a lot for e signature, pdf editing and more. I will surely use it often.

Pros:

It is easy to use and helpful for a small business owner like me. It has a lot of good features that can help me in my business.

Cons:

it is buggy sometimes and needs more feature for better experience.

Lynn
Attorney in US
Law Practice, Self Employed

Costly but necessary

Comments: Overall, I don't think I could do business efficiently (or at all) without Adobe. It is required for so many websites that I interact with, as well as forms that I need to download for my law practice. I am not happy that it is an ongoing subscription instead of a flat fee, but ultimately it is worth having.

Pros:

I like all the functions that are available in Adobe (I have been using Adobe Acrobat DC, which might be a different version of Adobe Reader DC). Adobe has a lot of functionality and it relatively easy to use. It is a necessity for doing business in my opinion because so many downloads and websites require it.

Cons:

I don't like that I have to pay a monthly subscription fee. I would prefer to pay one flat fee for a product instead of paying in perpetuity for it. Also, I have run into a few snags with the functionality of it. When filling in documents, it seems to have a mind of its own sometimes - fonts change, spacing changes, typing goes vertical instead of horizontal. It can be frustrating at times.

Sean
Compliance Mananger in Trinidad & Tobago
Oil & Energy, 11–50 Employees

Still the best, at a high price

Comments: I would expect the pioneers of PDF format to always be the benchmark -and i'm happy to say they are!You can expect frequent updates form Adobe and always easier ways to handle PDFs... it's the most feature rich handler i've used (And i've used many). HOWEVER - there are alot of very good competitors out there for a fraction of the cost of Adobe Acrobat with most of the features you find here. If you run a business or you're a professional where PDFs are a considerably important part of your workflow go for it. For everyone else, there are great free or cheaper options out there with all the functionality you want.

Pros:

Frequent updates.All the features you can think of in terms of PDF workloads.Amazing file format conversion options.

Cons:

Expensive.Editing text is a toss up for me - more times than not it feels like its a sib sluggish and accurate formatting to the original format isn't guaranteed.

Wes
Wes
Principal Software Engineer in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

PDF files are Ubiquitous , so it pays to be adept with Adobe Acrobat

Comments: Since PDF files are supported everywhere it's essential to dealing with documents. Once when I bought a condo I had to send the Master Deed to my insurance agent but I only had a paper copy of the deed. Luckily our printer/scanner has a scan to PDF doc feature where it sends the produced doc to my e-mail address; a life saver. My day to day experience is typically just using Acrobat for reading documents, occasionally I'll encounter a document which is setup such that I can fill-in prepared form entries with just Acrobat Reader, PRO not required.

Pros:

Standards are a good thing and PDF is the de facto standard for regular documents and Adobe Acrobat Reader is free and the pre-eminent PDF reader, it's use is a no brainer.

Cons:

Adobe Acrobat Pro is needed for PDF creation or adhoc free editing. Acrobat Pro is too expensive for a casual user. Therefore typically only a few workers for whom document creating/editing is an essential part of their job have a Acrobat Pro license.

Allan
Research Officer in Ghana
International Affairs, 5,001–10,000 Employees

A very complete and total PDF solution

Comments: Adobe Acrobat has been a very useful tool for me and my team. It allows us to collaborate seamlessly in working together to edit documents. We no longer have to contend with document formatting challenges we face when we collaborate to edit document in Word. There has been an overall improvement in document consistency and turn around time since we began using Acrobat for most of our pdf needs.

Pros:

Adobe Acrobat offers a complete and total package for working with pdf files. One of my favorite features in Acrobat is the ability to edit text directly in the original document without even needing to struggle to identify the source font because the program is smart And powerful enough to do all that for you.

Cons:

The product license issues and frequent update notifications that never seem to go away can be very distressing. And it’s also a bit more expensive. But I guess it’s worth it for the quality it offers.

Lamin
Mr in Gambia
Hospital & Health Care, 51–200 Employees

Mr

Comments: I use PDF in my classes, workplace and many other needs.

Pros:

Help me to covert word documents to PDF prior to sharing, the pages will be intact after sharing with other.Every working days I prepare my clients document with PDF, staff details etc.

Cons:

It is not always editable by the second party; pages content is always the way you arrange them. easy to manage even in a phone, printing transferring etc.

Andrea
Researcher and lecturer in US
Higher Education, 501–1,000 Employees

The new era of PDF editing and management

Comments: I have to deal with administrative documents that require my signature. ADobe helps me do it easily. Painless and hassle-free. And as a researcher, I work with old scanned documents. The OCR results I get from Adobe are of great quality. I couldn't imagine going back and getting horrible results.

Pros:

1) OCR works very well and supports different languages. 2) Combining/merging documents is absolutely easy. 3) Signing documents without any problem.

Cons:

I don't like the results when exporting to Word format. Instead of getting easy to handle text, you get lots of text frames and text, making it a pain to edit. I have found a solution: export to HTML first and then convert to Word. Or use other software. In the end, it's not that critical.

Sudhir
Second Vice President in India
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees

An excellent pdf viewer and editor tool

Comments: The overall experience has been top notch. It is an application which is used multiple times during the day.

Pros:

Adobe pdf is one of the most frequently used application in our organisation. It's easy to use and requires little or no training at all. Conversion works smoothly and pdf merging is also available to the users which makes it a complete package for us to work with.

Cons:

We rely heavily on Adobe pdf for Optical character Recognition (OCR) however at times, the OCR doesn't capture all the details and hence we cannot rely completely on the accuracy of the captured texts. There are a number of documents we receive on a daily basis and hence it would be really helpful if the capture rate can be improved.

Raj
DGM Marketing in India
Mining & Metals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Gold Standard For Documents

Comments: You can view, annotate, sign, and print documents created in PDF format. It does its job perfectly with several outstanding features. I think the premium pricing is the only limiting factor for this piece of software.

Pros:

1. It is a perfect tool for viewing and printing PDF documents, ideal for sharing business-related information. 2. You can request signatures from other users or sign the document to verify its contents. You can fill and sign as per document requirements, helping collect information from different users. 3. The document cloud feature lets you save your PDF files on remote servers for easy retrieval anytime. You can access documents shared by you, shared by others, scans saved by you in Adobe Scan, and all online PDF docs by signing in to a free account. 4. It lists recently accessed files in the recent tab, helping you locate a specific file quickly. 5. You can zoom in on files without distorting the contents. There are several navigation tools for easy file viewing, especially relevant for large files. 6. When you print a file, you have a lot of flexibility to increase size, margins, print in reverse, print odd or even pages. You can print in poster style, booklet style, or multiple pages, especially relevant for large pictures and brochures. 7. The help section lets you go through complete tutorials to learn its various features. 8. Security features like passwords, digital signatures, and encryption set high standards for competing products. 9. You can upgrade to other versions to edit and convert your documents to different formats, join or split documents. That saves you a lot of time. 10. It works across different hardware and software platforms. You can use the mobil

Cons:

1. Its premium pricing may dissuade a particular section of users who are anyway getting cheaper options elsewhere. 2. The free version does not offer the most basic and functional features like editing and join/split options which is disappointing for most users.

Emil
Graphic Designer in Philippines
Graphic Design, 11–50 Employees

What Adobe Acrobat Is And What it Can Do For You

Comments: Adobe Acrobat is a widely used software suite that is generally well-regarded by users. It is a powerful and feature-rich tool for creating, editing, and managing PDF documents, and is widely used by individuals and businesses for a variety of purposes.Users generally appreciate the wide range of tools and features available in Adobe Acrobat, as well as its compatibility with a wide range of devices and operating systems. Some users may find the software to be a bit complex or expensive, and there have been some reports of compatibility issues or limited accessibility for users with disabilities. However, overall, Adobe Acrobat is a widely used and well-regarded tool for working with PDF documents.

Pros:

Widely used and supported: Adobe Acrobat is a widely used software suite, and as a result, it is supported by a large community of users and developers. This means that it is easy to find help and resources online if you have any questions or issues.Comprehensive set of tools: Adobe Acrobat includes a wide range of tools for creating, editing, and managing PDFs, including the ability to create PDFs from various sources, combine and split PDFs, and add comments, highlights, and electronic signatures.Secure: Adobe Acrobat includes security features such as password protection and digital signatures, which can help to protect sensitive or confidential documents.

Cons:

Compatibility issues: Some users have reported compatibility issues with certain devices or operating systems, which can be frustrating.Limited file compatibility: While Adobe Acrobat can create PDFs from a wide range of sources, it may not be able to open or edit certain types of files, such as certain proprietary formats.Required internet connection: Some features of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC require an internet connection to work properly, which can be inconvenient for users without a stable connection.

Prudencia
Prudencia
Technician in Energy and Thermal Engineering in France
Research, 51–200 Employees

Good PDF software

Comments: I have been using Adobe Acrobat for a few years now and I find it to be a very useful and powerful tool. I primarily use it to create, edit and share PDF documents. It has a wide variety of features and functions that make it easy to use, such as adding annotations and editing text.

Pros:

I like Adobe Acrobat for its ability to help me convert and edit documents quickly and easily. Its features include PDF creation from a variety of file types, editing existing PDFs, and converting PDFs to other file formats. It also helps me to add comments, highlight text, and add text and images to documents. I can also create forms in Adobe Acrobat and make sure that any changes I make are automatically saved. Its security features help me to protect sensitive documents from unauthorized access.

Cons:

Adobe Acrobat can be quite difficult to navigate for those who are not familiar with the program and its tools. The program is quite complex, and it can be time-consuming to learn all of its features, as well as how to use them. Additionally, the program is often slow to respond to commands, which can be frustrating for users. The price of the program can also be prohibitive for some users, as it is quite expensive compared to some of its competitors. Finally, the program can be quite buggy, with some features not functioning correctly or unexpectedly crashing.

Travis
Travis
Marketing Manager in US
Machinery, 11–50 Employees

The Gold Standard in PDF Editing

Comments: Overall, my experience with Adobe Acrobat has been positive. It provides a comprehensive set of tools for working with PDF files, and the integration with other Adobe products has been helpful. However, the price may be a barrier for some users, and the learning curve for some of the more advanced features can be steep. The large file sizes can also be problematic in some cases.

Pros:

Comprehensive features: Adobe Acrobat provides a wide range of features for working with PDF files, including editing, converting, commenting, and security tools.Integration with other Adobe products: Adobe Acrobat integrates well with other Adobe products, such as Photoshop and InDesign, allowing for seamless workflows.Accessibility: Adobe Acrobat has a range of accessibility features, such as the ability to add alt text to images and the ability to create accessible PDFs.User-friendly interface: Adobe Acrobat has a clean and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, even for those without much technical expertise.Mobile app: Adobe Acrobat has a mobile app, which allows users to work on their PDF files while on the go.

Cons:

Price: Adobe Acrobat can be expensive, especially for individuals or small businesses.Steep learning curve: While the interface is user-friendly, some of the more advanced features can take some time to learn.Large file sizes: Adobe Acrobat can create large file sizes, which can be problematic when sharing or storing PDFs.

Turan
IT Admin in Türkiye
Automotive, 501–1,000 Employees

Documents? Have you tried Adobe Acrobat?

Comments: It is a software that I have personally used for a long time. It is a standard software that you can use in all personal and professional business life. The biggest difference from other alternative software on the market is the functions and features it contains. It is easy to install, quickly adaptable and has a licensing method for IT processes. The advantage it provides in the cloud environment is ease of administration in terms of size. Thanks to its integration with other software, it saves a lot of lost resources.

Pros:

It can recognize, read and analyze all our documents that we keep digitally as PDFs. Instead of a program with a different version for each document, we can quickly start using a single updated Adobe software. We can quickly resolve all processes (translation, correction, rearrangement, adding explanations, etc.) spent on documents at a single point. It can be done in a much more advantageous and reliable way with the advantage of time, resources and cost. Integration with dropbox and OneDrive, which we use the most in our business processes and make all our time more efficient. At the same time, it minimizes resource consumption with its sharing feature. Especially adding protection to PDF files that need protection is the best part.

Cons:

If other software products you use are incompatible with Acrobat versions, you may get some errors. Basically if you update your software this problem will be solved. These problems are usually local. They are not software-specific bugs. The problems we experienced before were quickly resolved (freezing, unable to print, etc.).

Abhijeet
Abhijeet
Manager Business Intelligence in India
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Everyone's PDF editor

Comments: In summary, Adobe Acrobat is a powerful and versatile tool for working with PDFs. Its pros include its ability to create and edit PDFs, compatibility with a wide range of devices and platforms, and the inclusion of useful features like form creation and digital signature. The cons include its cost and complex interface.

Pros:

One of the major pros of Adobe Acrobat is its ability to create and edit PDFs, which makes it a versatile tool for both personal and professional use. Additionally, it allows you to create fillable forms, add digital signatures, and protect your PDFs with a password. It also includes OCR features to make scanned documents more readable.Another pro of Adobe Acrobat is its compatibility with a wide range of devices and platforms, which makes it easy to access and work with PDFs on different devices.

Cons:

One of the cons of Adobe Acrobat is its cost. The software is relatively expensive, which may be prohibitive for some users. Additionally, its interface can be quite complex, which may make it difficult for some users to navigate and find the features they need.

Irfan
Irfan
Broadcast Engineer in Pakistan
Broadcast Media, 51–200 Employees

Create and Edit PDF files Without Hassle

Comments: Adobe Acrobat is an essential tool that we use all the time. Our program schedules are prepared in PDF and it is also used to compile advertisements plans. We need to revisit these documents and make many changes after the first draft is created, and it's all done in Adobe Acrobat. It is also used to view and print documents. Over the past several years, Adobe has had a positive impact on our business and played its part in the overall growth cycle.

Pros:

Adobe Acrobat Reader is an excellent software to view PDF files. It lets you save your documents on Cloud and view them from anywhere. Once a document is opened in the application, you can directly send it to email, or take out prints. Adobe Acrobat has a great repertoire of helpful tools. Using its easy interface, you can create a PDF, combine files, organize forms and pages, edit documents, export single pages or multiple pages, and enhance your documents with rich media. Document review options are simply awesome. Adding comments and notes, highlighting text in different colors are the most used features at my company. I particularly love the side-by-side comparison feature that immensely helps with my work.

Cons:

It is a bit pricey as we have also used Fixit Reader to do a similar job. Moreover, learning how to use Adobe Acrobat for its full benefits, is a tedious job. Some of my colleagues can't put their finger on Acrobat finding it quite messy and complicated. Nevertheless, everyone for their own.

Andrea
Marketing in Italy
Furniture, 51–200 Employees

For experienced PDF users

Comments: I personally use it every day, because it is integrated with the Adobe suite. I consider it a complete PDF editor and viewer, but perhaps too expensive for the job it does. It is difficult to use for those who are not familiar with the PC and the functions it offers are the same as the competition.

Pros:

Adobe Acrobat is a PDF viewing and editing tool, with functions ranging from digital signing, text editing and adding pages. I liked the forms creating system, simple and very useful for your digital PDFs. As well as being able to secure my files with advanced encryption, I consider it a big plus for a software that deals with PDFs. Very useful the file sharing function, to work with the team in real time. Finally, file management is easy with your Adobe account, across all devices you're connected to, including your smartphone.

Cons:

Adobe Acrobat is expensive software, when compared to the normal, almost basic functions it performs. Among the cons we find a complex interface, especially for those who do not have great experience with the management of Adobe software. File compression does not work very well automatically, and indeed, it tends to freeze even powerful computers.