15 years helping British businesses

About Trello

A visual collaboration tool that creates a shared perspective for your team on any project in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.

Learn more about Trello

Pros:

Trello is extremely intuitive, fast, and beautiful. It has some of the best UI I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Cons:

The task management system is bad and when the project gets to an operational phase, the performance of the team suffers.

Trello ratings

4.5
4.3
4.3
4.5

8.5/10

Trello has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars based on 23,186 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Trello before?

Filter reviews (23,186)

Shelby
Shelby
Customer Support Representative and Junior Developer in Canada
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Best Project Management Software!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's honestly hard to think of cons; I am extremely satisfied with this software. However, one issue I’ve encountered is the inability to post images solely in the comments—any image posted also gets added to the attachments. For my needs, I want images in comments to remain separate from those in attachments to avoid confusion and disorganization. If users had the option to keep images exclusive to the comment section, this software would be truly perfect.

Pros:

If you're not using Trello for task management, you should be. It's the best software out there for this purpose, incredibly easy to learn and master—I got the hang of it in just 5-15 minutes. Trello's ability to create unlimited lists to customize our workplace pipeline is invaluable. I can update my boss on task progress with a couple of clicks, and she instantly gets notified and provides feedback. I constantly use labels and checklists to track smaller details, ensuring we both fully understand the current status of tasks. My co-workers also use it, making it easy to check project statuses without having to ask them directly. This software has truly transformed the way I work, and I can't imagine going back to a time before Trello.

Cons:

It's honestly hard to think of cons, I am just extremely satisfied with this software. Although one I can think of is the inability to post images in just the comments, if you post an image, it will be added to the attachments as well. For my use case, I want images in the comments and images I add to the attachments to be separate as it can get a bit unorganized and confusing. If they let users have the option to keep an image exclusive to the comment section then the software would be truly perfect.

Marit
Marit
CEO in Netherlands
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

It's simple, easy to use and 'good enough' for most things

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great for project management for small teams

Pros:

The basic kanban-style board fits most projects and situations. The card-layout makes it very well-organized and all of my team-members quickly got the hang of it.

Cons:

To acces the most useful functions (power-ups) you need to upgrade. You don't have a lot of options for team-member roles or permissions. They can basically do everything within your board and that makes it messy sometimes. The design is a bit dated and not very aesthetic, it doesn't have that professional look some other task management software does have.

Ashley
Editor in US
Music, 2–10 Employees

Great Project Management Cloud Sofware Beset with Issues

Comments: Trello is easy to onboard new people and set up organization boards in the Kanban style for keeping track of projects as they progress through a workflow. However, many of the basic features that used to be free have moved behind a paywall that is prohibitively expensive for small teams of less than five people. We paid for a two-person setup, but random features reserved for paid users would occasionally stop working. One time we could not user stickers on the face of cards. Another, the drag and drop functionality between cards stopped on the browser. Also, the email-to-board functionality is really limited compared to competitors.

Pros:

* Easy to onboard new people * Easy to set up workflow and multiple boards * Lots of customization if you pay for premium seats * Automation makes board management less tedious

Cons:

* $10 per user price is prohibitively expensive for small teams * The email to board experience is not as robust as competitors * Features randomly stop working with no communication

mbuso
mbuso
Designer in Zimbabwe
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Trello is the epitome of a user-friendly tool for managing your projects.

Comments: Overally, I highly regard Trello for its intuitive interface, flexible functionality and robust collaboration features. More, so its ease of use, accessibility and effectiveness in enhancing productivity and teamwork makes it a product I would readily recommend to anyone who needs to get started

Pros:

Promotes teamwork through its collaboration tools and it is mostly free. Additionally, its Kanban boards can be employed as a receptacle for many people's responsibilities, allowing you to view every action they complete on just one board.

Cons:

The free version is somewhat limited however it can be upgraded. Also even the upgraded version has some limitations in dealing with advanced automated tasks that I handle

Ashley
Owner in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

Trello is the perfect tool for soloprenuers

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I love how easy Trello is to set up and how visually appealing the boards are. It’s super intuitive and the templates make it easy for you to figure out how to set your boards up in a way that works for you.

Cons:

I wish Trello had more features, similar to its competitors such as a dashboard. Currently, it seems like Trello won’t work if you are in a scaling up phase for your business and hiring multiple people.

Kellie
board member in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2–10 Employees

Stay organized with a team!

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I have used it for profit work events and non profit events.

Pros:

I like that I can plan my events and share them with team members, posts on social media and get reminders.

Cons:

I need better reminders and alerts. So far I haven't found a way to make the reminders more demanding and sync with emails but it might be me and my free version.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Trello for Small Business Owners

3.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Trello is a great tool for complex technology teams. It should be used by people who have a deep understanding of project management.

Pros:

I like the way that it looks. It has a great visual design.

Cons:

It is not user-friendly for people who are not in tech or project management.

Human Resources, 11–50 Employees

Great product

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

it was very easy to set up, super easy to onboard team members that never used kanban before. We used it on a daily basis.

Cons:

Nothing! We loved how much more organized we became.

Ikhwanul
Ikhwanul
Manager in Indonesia
Computer Networking, 11–50 Employees

Easy to use

5.0 last month New

Pros:

I like that the UI/UX is very easy to understand, and my team can use Trello easily.

Cons:

the price is too high, please return the free plan for unlimited users.

James
James
Director in UK
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great simple to use tool for task tracking

Comments: Good tool, meets my needs. For single team projects, v good

Pros:

A great tool for task tracking and simpler, single team projects. Easy to set up and use.

Cons:

Not as easy to enforce good practice as in Jira.

Amanda
Amanda
Home Inspector in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

Perfect for the Visual Planner

Comments: I use Trello mostly for planning out my content on my blog and my content for social media. It has been a great place for me to make lists of ideas and brainstorm. I have also used Trello with collaborative groups, which has been really great and easy to use. I integrate everything into my Google Calendar so that I don't end up missing any scheduled tasks I need to complete.

Pros:

I like that Trello is a planning system that works well for someone inclined to be more visual. Each category can have a series of cards below it for each individual item within the category. I love that I can add a link, image or color to each card to make it stand out and organize it even more. I also love that each board can have be categorized into various areas of my life. For example, I have a boards from anything to planning out my blog, to activities to do with the kids to brainstorming ideas for future work opportunities. I love that I can easily move the cards around and re-categorize them once they are done. Another amazing feature is that you can add these cards to a Google Calendar, which brings everything together for me and keeps me super organized.

Cons:

I wish there were more features available and a little bit more customization within each card itself. This program also requires a little bit of a learning curve to find where all the features and add-ons for each card are in the menu.

Vanessa
Owner/ Transaction Coordintor in US
Real Estate, Self Employed

I LOVE TRELLO!!!! It will change your life.

Comments: Best organizational tool out there! Highly recommend for home and work use. The possibilities are endless.

Pros:

Everything!!! The customization, the integrations, the data it can sort/ share, team collaboration, organizational flows (for personal and work related items). Trello has change my life and my clients lives. I manage real estate listings and transactions for clients in here and they can see everything I do. They know exactly where they are in the listing or transaction process and we can easily communicate with each other. It is also very helpful for storing data and tracking workflow. On a personal level, I love it for keeping track of grocery lists, sale items, projects, health insurance issues. All of the above. I am a new mom and put questions for my daughter predication in Trello and pull out the list at each appointment. I love that it can be used on a desktop or mobile device and so easily. I also love that it is FREE for up to 10 users and had thousands of integrations with other programs and apps. It is great tool for small businesses!

Cons:

The downside it you have to share whole boards, not just specific cards. It would be the end all be all if they could build in this feature. It has been my greatest struggle with my business model.

Maryl
VP Operations in US
Entertainment, 2–10 Employees

Trello is your team's organizational sandbox

Comments: We use Trello every day to give the company team-wide access to where we are in the pipeline of our projects. Any team member can be added to any board to see, add and edit cards. Trello has great integrations with other platforms we use such as Hubspot and Google suite. You can easily create a new card by sending to a specific email address which streamlines the flow of regular processing. We greatly appreciate the regular updates from the Trello team, they seem to be regularly updating the software and adding benefits to their already solid product.

Pros:

Trello is easy to use, easy to customize and visually appealing. Their customer service and regular updates are impressive.

Cons:

I personally have no drawback to this software, we have utilized this on our team for years, tried other software for the same systems and keep coming back to Trello.

Dima
Graphic Designer in Czechia
Graphic Design, Self Employed

Great project managing tool for freelancers and teams

Comments: I'm a freelance graphic designer, working remotely with clients all over the globe. Trello allows me to keep track of all tasks I'm working on with clients, and keep discussions focussed. I can't imagine managing a complex project over email any more. Also it allows me to cut most meeting calls, as most of things could be discussed directly in Trello.

Pros:

It's very flexible, very easy to use. It's possible to set up a Kanban style flow, or any other way you find useful. One of the biggest advantages that it has quite functional free plan. This allows me to invite my clients to the boards and manage complex projects without any financial investment. It has a mobile app which helps to keep track of tasks when i'm on the go.

Cons:

With time I learned that Trello works best when we setup certain rules or scenarios of how tickets are created and managed. So it needs a bit of setting up to do in the beginning, and understanding GTD and Kanban helps. I have to agree on how we would use the board with my clients and team so we don't clutter the boards. But once we get the system working for us it works perfectly.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Meet Trello, the everything connected web based platform

Comments: Trello was used by our team for over 1 year while I was on a contract gig. We used it for our everyday task planning and coordination along with TRACTION L-10 meetings where we supplemented progress reports with that system. As I cannot speak for the reporting side of things, I'll cover the basic user side of things. Basically, Trello allows one to create "Cards" that represent a project and add tasks and assignments to the card that folks on the team can track through their notifications. Once you, the author of the card, update it, all connected team members of that card are sent a notification of this update and are reminded to take a look as time allows. The manner in which one can build new pages/boards for each project type is quite simple and easy to learn. Then users simply add "lists" to their "Boards" and the boss has complete oversight over everything. I found it easy to explore new power-ups and try them out, but the more advanced ones may need IT help and some extra expense for the use. As a manager, one will find it easy to tell when folks are actively working and collaborating, but I would warn against using it for an attendance checker. We used Skype to show availability instead.

Pros:

The power-ups involving automatic actions to simplify the tedious nature of repetitive tasks (like Butler) The ease of use for customization Categorization, lists, checkboxes, Outlook connector The ability to share files directly for review is the best! Teamwork is now broadened to folks across the world!

Cons:

The inability to label the columns with custom images without making a card for it. The fact that power-ups are limited so a trial user can never get the "full effect"

Brian
Brian
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Trello is Perfect for a Single User Who Likes Kanban

Comments: I've been using Trello since 2015 (it's almost 2021) and I plan to continue using it every day. I have dropped it occasionally for other project management tools (JIRA, Asana--both because of clients) but I came back because I need something very simple for my client work. I wake up every day and pop open my calendar and Trello to see what's on the agenda. I also check it in between almost every work session or meeting. I move cards around as they get done or re-prioritized and try to focus only on the tasks I need do each day. My work output is measured on the outcomes I get for my clients and how much I can accelerate their learning while working together. I just need a tool to get out of the way of my work and Trello does that really well. Highly recommend for a single consultant or freelancer. I can see this working well for small teams that work in semi-formal sprints and need to collaborate too.

Pros:

Simplicity. Trello uses a very simple hierarchy to organize tasks. You can have 1+ boards and each board can have vertical lists that contain your cards. I use it to organize my tasks into these lists: "To Do Today", "To Do This Week", "Done", "Backlog", and "Blocked". With very little maintenance throughout the week and then at the beginning of every week, I can easily see the roadmap for the week. Major plus is the addition of labels. I only work with 3 - 6 clients at one time. Instead of having several boards and having to click through each one to manage tasks, I have them on the same board and tagged with different colored labels. Since I will have 10 - 20 tasks in a week, this makes it easy to see that all my client projects are making progress. All in all, I need simple task management across a few projects and this is better than other software that I use for that. I actively use Asana on a specific project and have used JIRA extensively but I still prefer this for my consulting work. Lastly, getting one free power up on the free plan is nice. I use the recurring tasks power up and have 5-10 recurring tasks (monthly for payroll, weekly for recurring meetings).

Cons:

The search function and the reporting are the weak points. In particular, the search function makes it very hard to find information. I think if you have a robust team or use your project management tool as a way to look back at past solutions, you may find this lacking. I keep most of my notes in G Docs because of this so this isn't an issue very often. I probably run into this 1-2x/month. Reporting isn't part of Trello from what I can tell. I don't need super robust reporting but I did start using a process where it would be nice to get an export. I ended up upgrading to the basic paid plan to do that but I didn't find it useful enough to continue paying for. Related, you only get one free power up. I think this is acceptable amount since...it's free. But I rarely look into the other power ups since I know I need the recurring one. I did see that they have a Trello Gold plan for $5/month which gives you 3 power ups. That seems worth it as a single user (although I won't revisit needing to upgrade until I revisit my processes at the turn of the year).

Faruk
Faruk
Head of Growth in Poland
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Great tool to plan and track our marketing tasks

Comments: I used the free version of Trello for my personal planning, and it was way too much generous free software. I even felt like the owners of this app just wanted to make a favor to the people who like planning. Due to my role, I also have the privilege to use Trello at my company. It's much powerful with all the integrations added. Everyone in my team is very happy to use the tool except those who missed their task due dates :)

Pros:

I'm using the paid version which allows many integrations that make our members' lives easier. The software is so easy to set up. The UI is so clean and easy to navigate. I can customize it according to my needs and taste. Coloured labels, tagging, due dates are most often a part of our task management routine. I like the voting option, sometimes we need to make a decision and this little detail helps. Since it is now a work app for me, I don't use a mobile app so it's hard to say for me how it works but the web version is so convenient and slick.

Cons:

As a user who have experience on both free and paid versions, even if I tried hard, I couldn't find any pitfalls of this app.

Jesse
UX Director in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

An exception agile development management tool

Comments: Our experience with Trello comes from managing multiple, enterprise class interface and application design projects using Trello.

Pros:

The ability to quickly setup new workspaces, create lanes (lists), tasks and assign them to the appropriate team member makes using Trello a time saver. You can also customize Boards with different backgrounds, etc to differentiate them from other projects, which is nice. Being able to list the work needing to be done (backlog), the stages of development or production it will go through (lists / lanes), assign team members to specific tasks and attach images, docs, etc. at the task level creates a highly collaborative and feature rich product from a very simple interface.

Cons:

Honestly, there's nothing that I would change at this point. It works flawlessly and efficiently. Our teams love it.

Anastacia
Account Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Trello Troubles

Comments: Overall it was very frustrating. So many times would my client be stuck in a "stage" because there wasn't enough bandwidth to move them to the next board. This was all because again, it was a manual process and for a small company, it shouldn't have been that hard. Not to mention you had to pay for ALL add-ons and some of them just made sense to have but boy does it add to the cost.

Pros:

The only feature I enjoyed about this product was how easy it was to deploy a new client project inside Trello. You could easily add in the new details that you collected from your kick-off decks and add them into the auto-generated "card". That was the only thing that was great about this tool.

Cons:

Everything else was terrible after the onboarding took place. Once you got a new card automated in the "new client" column and added in your details, it was up to you to manually move/drag that card to whatever stage of the process they were in. It was extremely tedious and many clients fell through the cracks as a result.

Angelo
Associate Product Manager in Benin
Internet, 201–500 Employees

My Trello Review: A Comprehensive Look

Comments: Overall, Trello is a great tool for collaboration and organization. Its intuitive user interface and customization capabilities make it an ideal choice for teams of all sizes. While it may have a slight learning curve, the ease of use and integration with other applications make it an invaluable asset.

Pros:

Trello is an incredibly useful tool that helps to keep teams organized, informed, and on track. With its versatile and intuitive user interface, Trello is easy to use and understand. The ability to customize boards and integrate with other popular applications makes it a great choice for collaboration.

Cons:

While Trello is an incredibly useful tool, it does have some drawbacks. Certain users may find it a bit confusing to use and some features may require a bit of a learning curve. Additionally, the free version of Trello does not offer some of the more advanced features, such as integration with other applications.

Patrick
Digital Content Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Hello Trello! You will wonder how you lived without it.

Pros:

Trello is an outstanding web based project management app. Its feature rich design makes it easy to adapt to a variety of workflows and project management techniques. While Trello provides excellent documentation (which I recommend power users to read through at some point, I highly recommend that users initially go and explore on their own (yes, like the not reading the IKEA instructions exploring) to check out the features. Users will likely find many of the functions to be rather intuitive. The reason I recommend that users skip the docs at first is so that they do not form the idea that there is a “right way” to use Trello. Trello is a powerful app with an enormous amount of features; however, perhaps its greatest feature is flexibility. Users can configure a workflow that works for them to help streamline processes and complete tasks efficiently while collaborating with others and tracking progress. Trello also offers up a ton of integrations (called Power-Ups) that are available to supercharge its functionality. For example, a Google Drive Power-Up is available allowing users to take advantage of cloud storage to work with files and documents in a collaborative environment instead of relying on an endless list of email threads to move their projects along. Overall, Trello offers a powerhouse of features for all things project and task management, assignment, and tracking. It also has a worthwhile mobile app to keep you in reach of updates at all times.

Cons:

Trello is an excellent app. It’s primary and possibly only drawback maybe getting users to stick with it and not give up on it prematurely as it can be overwhelming when they first set out to configure their work space and workflows.

Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Ultimate multi-team work and work-flow tracking

Comments: We started out using trello on their free plan for a single project as an experiment. This is how we've evaluated ticketing and tracking systems in past, but trello became so popular so quickly in 6 months we used it almost everywhere. It's UX is so well-designed that it enhanced our work productivity more than custom-reinforcement tools that had been built for other tracking systems. It works great for individual and team projects, and allows both mixing of teams and seperate teams as case may be. It has good security and notification, and it very reasonably priced. It has so many integrations (they have different word for integrations, i forget it something like buttons), there are constantly more things we could be doing with it. Butler plugin is particularly useful- again this does things that we have had to automate internally with other work tracking systems. The API we've started using extensively in the past 6 months, it's much easier than many vendors APIs and we've used it for everything from quick regular reports to automated notification, to management-like functions. Again some of these things we've done in other systems, but the card concepts are so well implemented they just work better and are more clearly to implement and have the eventual implementation very closely match the vision.

Pros:

Beyond easy to use- it's actually fun to use, people want to move work through. By embracing kanban it also encourages constant workflow. The integrations it has are numerous and awesome. The API is very flexiable and we use it extensively.

Cons:

Not too much. There are some annoyances like it doesn't support all of Markdown, which makes it harder to format things. It's a bit tricky to apply same operation to multiple cards, without using the API. This creates extra work, but once you know it you can frequently control it. Mostly rare annonyances, some feature that isn't there yet.

Rick
Directo of sales in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Just kept growing

Comments: You get a lot for free. I ran my last business on the free version alone. The power-ups really allow great integration and automation

Pros:

Started with Trello as a free planning and to-do product and it just kept growing and growing and growing. Best part is that unlike some products it kept growing with us becoming part of the daily production and planning process.

Cons:

My only complaint is that the search feature seems to be a little weak. The ranking of search results seems erratic. eg. if I search ACME inc. you would think the most recent or most frequently accessed cards would come up but they seem almost random.

Sapir
customer service in Israel
Banking, 11–50 Employees

Trello - my personl experience

Comments: Probably the best organization that you will actually discover with stunning work culture and advantages. Heaps of work life balance, very strong group , exceptionally brilliant and skilled partners, amazingly compassionate pioneers extremely associated with groups in the organization. Weakening rate in the course of the most recent couple of years are too low

Pros:

Best for groups! + Easy mobility + Simple plan + Better than comparable applications, for example Groups, Slack, FB Workplace, and others. + Usable as schedules. - Without business class, the maximum size of the connections is 10 MB. - Without business class, the entirety of the colleagues are administrator, so everybody can erase a board or someone else. - For me, I haven't got private informing highlight. It wouldn't be awful. It's truly useful with regards to project the executives. I preferred that you can set cutoff times and have the option to realize which card/task to organize and complete inside the given time period. Be that as it may, all things being equal, I love it!

Cons:

None!! I will be here forever!! please keep doing what you doing.

Eileen
Eileen
Senior Product Manager in US
Chemicals, 10,000+ Employees

Perfect for project management and working with a client's team.

Comments: Trello makes a difference me in my day by day work when I ought to organize my assignments and share extend information with my group by checking each portion of the method and making superior choices, Trello makes a difference me work profitably, outwardly and securely making a difference me from arranging to execution with rain From thoughts to activities in a matter of seconds, it makes a difference me decrease time and spare on over-burden assignments, much appreciated to Trello I remain organized and my colleagues are mindful of each handle. My company employments it to oversee venture advance and arrange, its integration with Jira makes a difference oversee client stories and venture assignment administration, storyboarding and sprint arranging highlights are exceptionally valuable.

Pros:

Trello makes it simple for expansive bunches of individuals to keep things organized, my company employments it to sort and keep records in one put that's simple to share with expansive bunches of individuals. In case somebody is trying to find something, heading to the Trello board could be a awesome put to begin some time recently you have got to ask somebody for bearings. The integration with Jira and Office 365 makes strides efficiency in venture administration, I by and by utilize trello to assist me total assignments in a coherent arrange for the ventures I'm working on. I too utilize Trello when I work with a client who has different representatives or temporary workers working on a distinctive portion of the venture than I do. I truly like this device since it is straightforward to utilize with a outwardly satisfying interface and end-to-end security, a program that permits us to development in our day by day errands I adore it.

Cons:

There are a couple of things I do not like that I think can be moved forward, cards/tasks are constrained to a single board/project, power-on utilization restrictions, confounding to oversee numerous sheets, not simple to look filed cards; The depiction of the cards has no history and it is exceptionally simple to lose it.