15 years helping British businesses

About OwnerRez

Experience the difference of “Elite”. OwnerRez is an industry leader in channel management, CRM, PM, accounting, messaging & websites.

Learn more about OwnerRez

Pros:

The engineering team is constantly rolling out new features and 3rd party integrations that help us continue improving the overall guest experience pre-stay, intra-stay, and post stay.

Cons:

More features for long term renters - for invoicing and blocking off purposes.

OwnerRez ratings

4.7

9.7/10

OwnerRez has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars based on 181 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used OwnerRez before?

Shelley
Shelley
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, Self Employed

By far the best channel manager and PMS for the money!

Comments: Excellent! I'm so glad I found it, it has really solved all my problems and for the price, it is comparable in cost to many of the other sites and less expensive than quite a few of them.

Pros:

OwnerRez works really great. It's SO robust and has so many features! I'm very pleased with it - I've looked at a dozen different systems and did a test run of about 4 of them. None could do what OwnerRez does - it allowed me to do several functions I was unable to do in the other systems. And a HUGE PLUS: the customer support is amazing. They reply very quickly (business hours) and are extremely helpful.

Cons:

It takes quite a bit of time to get set up in the beginning - but that is going to be the case with EVERY good PMS or channel manager. Once you get it set up, it's a breeze to use. Just know and expect to put some time at the beginning.

Will
Manager in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Stop thinking about it and switch!!!

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Every step of the way has been great. Yes, there is some work on the front end, but that depends on how fully you want to get into all that OR can do for you. We feel the work has been well worth it and continue to expand on how heavily we lean on OR to do the work for us! We are fans!!

Pros:

OR has thought of everything!! We represent about 300 properties and the amount of time OR has saved us, or freed up for us to spend on more meaningful work is unbelievable. We are so much better at our job and can offer our hosts so much more than ever before. If there is an issue, emailing the Help Desk is so easy, they respond in a very reasonable time and keep you up to date if the answer takes some time to dig into. OR never disappoints.

Cons:

Honestly, we cannot think of anything to put in this category.

Guillermo
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

it works but needs a lot of improvement

Pros:

The system works that it is important and their pricing it is competitive something that I appreciate but the system needs a lot of improvement

Cons:

I would love to get hear by OwnerRez. We have problems because we can't get response from customer support. They are telling us that the problem is our something that it is not and every time we need something we got no answer. I would like to SPEAK with them but they don't even provide a phone number to users ( you can imagine) , also many promised things are not complete . I would like to tell all of this directly to them but it is impossible. Maybe once you put this kind of " reviews" they can hear you

Lisa
Co-Owner in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11–50 Employees

Best PM Software Available

5.0 last month New

Comments: Five star! We love OwnerRez - fairly intuitive and responsive support.

Pros:

Once you get a feel and understanding for how OwnerRez is set up (the different pieces) I find it very intuitive and easy to use. Easy to make adjustments and customize surcharges/discounts for each home. Integrates well with other critical software systems.

Cons:

Owner statement formats and accounting - not very robust. Plenty of work arounds available.

laura

BEST Tech Company for Short Term Rentals Highly Recommend It

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I had low expectations when I first started the free trial of this company service for my 3 year old Airbnb rental business. Everything felt a bit intimidating to start with. But boy once I got assigned by the onboarding team I was blown away by their reps' efficiency in email responses and especially the complimentary training by Adrielle. She is so sharp, competent and knows the products in and out. I attended their free webinars, watched and read so many training tutorials Adrielle sent me. Everything was so well documented and it completely boosted my confidence that I can do this thing. The one thing drew me to try this product is the direct booking website, since I am really struggling with my Airbnb bookings and I am trying to cut cost and be more competitive in pricing by eliminating the Airbnb platform fees. Adrielle walked me through on how to set up the website and she even sent me a customized tutorial video after I sent them an email with more questions. I tell you this company works like a well oiled machine. What surprised me and also impressed me is that they have some very experienced property managers on the team who are not your typical young tech guys but older ladies who know a lot about the hospitality industry and are so tech savvy. I can't tell you how pleased I am with everything they do. I even looked up if they are publicly traded company, as I am prepared to buy their stocks if they are. That's how impressed I am by this company and its employees. I highly recommend them to anyone who has a rental business. They will help you to succeed. No doubt!

Pros:

Exceptional Customer Service, Outstanding Onboarding Training, Competent and Very Professional Employees very pleasant to Work with, the best company I've dealt with in a LONG TIME. I am beyond happy with their product and service.

Cons:

I have not noticed any cons so far. To me the monthly cost is well worth it if I can get even just one booking out of the service.

Cindy

Get the CONNECT service

5.0 last month New

Comments: Once I got on the connect team and connected with one of their members by the name of Layla, who was absolutely amazing she was patient she was kind she was understanding she listened. She outlined our calls, followed up on things went over things if I had questions concerns. She is an amazing person and I truly enjoyed our one on one’s and learned SO MUCH! I appreciate OwnerRez and the way that they go with their web meetings. I belong to numerous Facebook groups that support OwnerRez. I find that they have numerous resources that are invaluable to me as I go through the process of learning more and more about the software that manages my business. I feel confident now because of Layla’s help and everyone there at OwnerRez helping go over the things that need to be set correctly in the software. I feel like I am set up for success. I look forward to many bookings on my website!

Pros:

I chose OwnerRez my number one reason was that it was an American based company and I was speaking to Americans everything after that was gravy

Cons:

So far, I don’t have a least that I like about OwnerRez. I have nothing but good things to say at this point in time I truly believe this is a amazing company that would help many people that are trying to do short term rentals especially if you have several.

Louise
Owner I CEO in Canada

Five Stars!!!

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Pros:

Five Stars!!! - OwnerRez is a great company and a fabulous property management solution. Their platform is user-friendly, packed with essential features, and provides excellent customer support. Highly recommended for anyone looking to manage their vacation rental properties efficiently!

Cons:

Starting up, learning everything, not having a support phone number.

Sherri
Affiliate Broker in US

One stop shopping!

5.0 last month New

Comments: Exceptional and I am happy that I decided to go this route for my rental. Hopefully my rentals will grow and they will all run through OwnerRez.

Pros:

First of all, the customer support has been unreal. It is a little overwhelming when you are just starting in this business. I just started my rental in April 2024. I set up in other sites and my friend suggested using OwnerRez to manage all sites. Best advice I listened to.

Cons:

It was a little difficult to set up at first but my one-on-one with [sensitive content hidden] was a lifesaver.

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2–10 Employees

OwnerRez Saved My Sanity

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Life saving, life altering, and a greater ROI for me!

Pros:

It absolutely integrated my entire vacation rental process. It is truly life changing. OwnerRez handles all my direct bookings, my booking.com bookings, my Airbnb bookings, collects all the payments, and does all of the communications (and can even auto update the door codes).

Cons:

It was a time consuming setup process, but it was well worth every minute spent. (In fairness, as a rookie user i created 7 listings at once.)

Aliona
Property Manager in US

Exactly what I needed!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Amazing, would highly recommended.10+ star if possible

Pros:

OwnerRez is the best option I could choose to manage my vacation rental! I love all the videos and resources they provide. Kudos to [sensitive content hidden] for her professionalism and knowledge during the 1 h complimentary call, and for all the resources and explanations she sent to me afterward.

Cons:

Nothing to think of right now. Everything is great so far

Lorraine
Company Director in UK
Hospitality, 11–50 Employees

Love OwnerRez- by far the best I’ve used

Comments: Excellent! Although it was good when we first joined It has improved so much more in the past 16 months I just hope they continue to listen to customers and implement the suggestions.
Excellent customer service too!

Pros:

Ease of use, PM Management, automation. Payment section

Cons:

Not enough features available to non US based clients. Would love to be able to access insurance and sms and if it linked with zapier even better!!

Michelle
Owner/Manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

OwnerRez a MUST for newbies or seasoned professionals to use for STR's

Comments: Overall, it's been the BEST, most satisfying learning curve as I feel genuinely supported and encouraged by the OR team and understand how MUCH the software (and people) can offer to my new rental business.

Pros:

Once "trained" with help from ProConnect, I felt much more confident in navigating ALL the various options OR provides

Cons:

When I first signed up, I felt overwhelmed with the vast amount of information available on OR (via video tutorials and help docs). The sheer amount of information made me nervous, but once I worked with Customer Service/ProConnect (Lisa M), all my worries faded and I began to understand the processes much more and my confidence in using the software grew exponentially

Chuck

More powerful than expected

Comments: In the competitive world of short-term rentals, there are a number of booking sites to be listed on and lots of information to synchronize. OwnerRez allows us to do that all in a single place.

Pros:

The OwnerRex software is more powerful and flexible that it appeared at first glance. We quickly found we were able to customize huge portions of it, take advantage of automation to reduce labor, and found many of its functions were actually an EASIER way to perform tasks than on the connected booking sites. Being a progressive web app, we quickly found that it worked well across all of our mobile platforms as well.

Cons:

Many booking platforms have their own proprietary messaging features and do not make them available through APIs. So we still have to login to each service when inquiries or bookings come in, but that is a problem with the booking sites, not OwnerRez.

Rebecca

Perfect software for a Vacation Rental Owner Manager

Comments: A little over a year before VRBO was purchased by Expedia I had ventured into the vacation rental market with just one property. At that time 95% of my bookings came via VRBO, with the remaining 5% coming from Airbnb. The first year was very good. When ownership of VRBO transferred, my business dropped by nearly 70% and customer support became essentially non-existent. In my frustration with being subject to the whim of large corporations, I was determined to create a simple way for guests to book directly with me. I knew this would mean I needed a way to manage my calendar, present rates and allow online booking. For nearly a week I researched various vacation rental management platforms before deciding OwnerRez was the best fit. OwnerRez was fantastic, they gave me all kinds of tips on how to build my website, how to set-up a merchant account and how to configure OwnerRez to accurately reflect my intentions. Since onboarding with them I have watched them continually improve their platform, adding more capabilities, simplifying processes and generally adapting to the evolving vacation rental marketplace. Through it all, their interface has remained about the same and their amazing customer support hasn't changed a bit. Thanks to OwnerRez, my vacation rental is no longer dependent on large booking sites, though I do still take bookings via Airbnb and VRBO. More than 50% of my business comes directly through my website. I cannot recommend OwnerRez highly enough!

Pros:

OwnerRez software is incredibly easy it is to integrate with a website. Thanks to this software, my guests can check availability, get quotes, book, and check reviews collected from several sights and right on my website. I've never had an issue with my website not performing correctly or with incorrect information being presented to my guests. For those who are curious about what the guest interface looks like on a self-built website take a look at TheRedwoodRetreat.com. All dynamic information on this website is provided through and controlled by my OwnerRez account. I have only the most basic layman's knowledge of web design, software interface and computer technology in general, yet I was able to build my own website through which guests can book directly with me. Beyond supporting website integration, OwnerRez has flexibility in almost all aspects of control, from rates and length of stay to seasonality and custom integrations with commercial booking sites such as Airbnb and VRBO. Their custom e-mail templates offer endless possibilities for creating great guest interactions, notifying third parties. I even use them to send myself reminders to give guests special offers when there are short gaps in my calendar. OwnerRez is constantly making improvements to adapt to the ever-changing vacation rental marketplace. Their help articles and customer support are insightful and provide step-by-step processes for some of the more complicated aspects of set-up.

Cons:

There are still more features on OwnerRez than I actually use. This is not a 'con', but it is critically important to take the time to understand how you are supposed to do what you are trying to do when using OwnerRez. The vast flexibility of the program means there is plenty of room for user error. In most cases a warning will present if you create a clear conflict. But if you make an error in your rates and don't catch it, you may be giving a lucky guest a great deal without knowing it. OwnerRez has done a great job of providing well written, easy to follow help articles. My technique for making sure I don't create problems for myself is to search the help archive for articles regarding what-ever it is I want to do and read them carefully before diving into my project. There is one area I'd like to see improved: Currently the financial reports provide great information and flexibility. However, they have no way to capture the credit card processing fee's I pay through my merchant account. Providing an integration with merchant accounts which allows credit card processing fees to be captured would bring this area of reporting up to the outstanding standard OwnerRez has already set.

Megan
Real Estate, Self Employed

The most valuable resource I have in vacation rental management

Comments: Exceptional - the videos and tutorials were helpful in setting up and becoming initially familiar with the software. The customer support team filled in the blanks anywhere I got stuck or lost. I became well versed in how to work all aspects of the software fairly quickly which is a testament to its user-friendly interfact.

Pros:

It is nearly impossible to list all the features about Owner Rez that I feel I could not (and certainly would not want to) live without. It is the single most important tool that I use in managing my two properties plus the five additional properties I manage for friends. I utilize about 80% of the software so it is exceptionally cost-effective for me considering all it does to save me time and to provide excellent communications and customer service to my guests. I have recommended it to hundreds of other owners and have personally set up many who wanted to use it but were daunted by the idea of getting started. It is logical, fast, thorough and the customer service I receive in the few instances I've gotten "stuck" trying to do something has been incredibly fast.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to send automated texts to guests using my own cell phone number for replies rather than having to use a 3rd number that populates back to the software only. It's impractical for me to have to check the software for replies vs the replies coming into my phone. So I still handle my texts to guests manually.

Maged
Hospitality, Self Employed

Great Software With An Unbelievable, Dynamic Team That’s Constantly Enhancing Their Solution

Comments: I have been a client for a while now and am very pleased with the software and the team that supports the software. They are always quick to respond, care that you have the best solution possible and are always open to suggestions.

Pros:

It’s a dynamic software that thinks of everything that’s required to run a vacation rental business. Very often the solutions implemented with the knowledge of what the user needs even before the user realizes that it’s needed.

Cons:

A guest two way communication module would be appreciated. So that all guest communications can remain within the OwnerRez CRM.

Dawn
Owner/Operator in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

My "go to" booking and management solution for new vacation rental owner/manager clients

Comments: I've been a web developer for over 22 years and focused primarily on the vacation rental sector for 6+ years. I've integrated other solutions into wordpress websites and many solutions are just not mobile accessible enough or not as friendly to smaller vr businesses (focus on 50+ properties customers) and have sub par support and documentation. Some just don't work at all as advertised. OwnerRez is now my favorite solution provider to work with after trying a bunch. They always have my back and I know my clients will all be treated golden. I sure wish more companies were like this!

Pros:

I have not once heard a complaint from clients about this product, in fact all are well-pleased with it and how it integrates (totally mobile!) with the wordpress genesis websites we build and customize. The documentation and support that OwnerRez provides is second-to-none and certainly not found with other solutions that are reasonably priced. In fact, many companies that provide these tools for a lot higher cost have terrible documentation and support. This not only makes my job much easier but also helps my clients.

Cons:

Some clients want features that OwnerRez does not yet have. I find that it's not only the perfect entry product for new VR owners/managers but like every solutions, it can have limitations. But they are always shifting and adding new things so doing a good job keeping up with the listing site/industry changes.

Beata

3 years and going strong with OR

Comments: Overall, I've been very happy with OwnerRez and don't see myself shifting any time soon. I look forward to continuing to grow with and learn more about OR and everything it has to offer.

Pros:

I love the reporting functionality of OR and probably what I use most. I also really find the support to be helpful and the library of help topics is second to none and easy to follow even for someone that doesn't consider herself very "tech savvy."

Cons:

I find all of the features very overwhelming at times and the learning curve is definitely a little steep. But once you "get" it, it's brilliant and you move on.

Lynn
Homeowner and Property Manager in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

OwnerRez: more than a channel manager!

Comments: Exceptional! OwnerRez, the product, has allowed me to do what I needed to do to be able to offer Direct Rentals to potential guests. The software does everything I need it to do: syncs calendars across all channels, streamlines email communications with guests, automates communications with guests, manages all channels, accepts credit card payments securely through Stripe, and most importantly, we can purchase Damage Protection to protect our property from potential losses that are so risky with renting to people you do not know. I could not find any other company that offered this to us. Your support staff are exceptional. I have had very positive interactions with others at OwnerRez as well, if only in email.

Pros:

My account rep, [sensitive content hidden] has been immensely helpful!! So I am sold on OwnerRez, not just on the software product, but on the PEOPLE who represent your product. Pam has been patient, kind, helpful, knowledgeable, responsive, and motivating to me. She made me feel like I could handle the task at hand. She took baby steps with me, and gave me all the time and attention that I needed to successful get onboard. If ever I need assistance, she is always responsive, and timely. She knows the product well, and represents it well.

Cons:

Honestly, I can't think of a thing. I am a satisfied customer, and have been promoting it online on various FaceBook groups/threads.

Randy
Used the Software for: Not provided

Premier Vacation Rental Software with Excellent Customer Service

Comments: I built my business on the OwnerReservation.com (OwnerRez) software/program. I went from $0 to $250,000 in revenue in 1 year all because of the integration and ease of use provided by OwnerRez. THe program easily integrates with all of the popular sites such as homeaway, vrbo, flipkey and more. They have even set up custom scripts for me to integrate with other sites. My housekeeping contractor can easily keep up with required cleaning by viewing the schedules that are automatically updated by OwnerRez widgets on any web site I want to put them on. They provide custom reports on bookings, taxes, occupancy rates, revenue, etc. all from the program. Also, bookings are automated. The email responses to the prospective traveler provide a bookable link to a secure web page where the traveler agrees to my contract and makes the booking themselves. Calendars on all sites are automatically updated to reflect the new booking and money for the booking is automatically deposited to my checking account next day. The system automatically collects the remaining payments and sends a confirmation to the traveler, automatically sends out an email to the traveler a few days prior to their arrival with custom instructions and finally authorizes a security deposit the day prior to the guest's arrival date. I really have no intervention in the process other than to release their security deposit with a few mouse clicks the day of departure! In fact, I manage all of this using my Android phone
I did an extensive online search before deciding on Ownerreservations.com software. I now have 6 rentals and it's sooo easy to manage everything that has to take place even during the season when we are booked solid for 4 months during the summer with this software. I was able to learn how to operate the software very quickly and for those times when I ran into a snag, the team of support staff at OwnerRez was able to quickly provide support. They provide top notch customer service, all the bells & whistles to make your vacation rental business easy to manage and profitable right away. I truly believe that Ownerrez is the best software available and I highly recommend it to anyone that has a vacation rental.

Amy
vacation property owner/manager in US
Hospitality, 2–10 Employees

Best functionality for the price

Comments: Great experience overall! The OR team is very responsive and helpful. Using OR has streamlined my channel managment and automated previously manual business processes which has freed me up to focus on more strategic business objectives. They also worked well with my website designer as she brought my website online, using OR as the booking engine. Bottom line, it has made running my business a whole lot easier. Wish I had done it sooner!

Pros:

I was able to get my properties and channels set up quickly and the customer service is top notch. The features I like most include: booking engine for my website; multi-channel (VRBO/AirBnB/my website), multi-property calendar management; payment processing; automated messaging and messaging options/flexibility; third party notifications (which has automated previously manual processes); ability to manage content/rates for multiple channels on a single platform and more! It's worth it just for that and there is more functionality I look forward to using in the future.

Cons:

Sometimes I have to dig around a little if I'm doing something new or something I don't do often, i.e. it's not always intuitive (for me) where functionality resides on the platform. Of course there's a learning curve with any new software and this is no exception. But their customer support group is always quick to respond and extremely helpful. FYI - I have been using OR for about 4+ months.

Love Owner Rez

Comments: Calendar updates, widgets for my website, spread sheets for my guests, and auto email responders.

Pros:

I have been using Owner Rez for a few years now. I love that I can sync all my calendars to my Owner Rez calendar and know all my calendars are updated. Our reps are always available to help (even the smallest issue). Their customer support is the best of the best! Emails are answered almost immediately even with the time zone difference!! The tutorials are a huge help in getting started and making day to day tasks a breeze. I can’t imagine running my business without Owner Rez. Thanks guys for a great product that is easy to use!

Cons:

I could use multiple payment schedules but I hear this in the works for 2019.

Jason
Real Estate Investor in US
Hospitality, Self Employed

OR- great software, a lot to learn!

Comments: great for channel management... experience is good... wish I had someone to call when I cant find things even using the help feature... sometimes trying to find things I cant seem to come up with the correct verbiage...

Pros:

features are good... functionality is good for what I need...

Cons:

I find it hard to adjust things... there are so many layers to the system, I cant always find what I am looking for... there is no one to call when that happens... getting an email response can take quite some time...

Bruce

Going to improve my Business Model

Comments: I chose to pay the extra fee for OwnerRez to help me setup up the hosting of my website and help me set everything up which was worth every penny. A shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who video conferenced with me showing me the ropes. Let's not forget customer service. Awesome response time from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who responded to my e-mails really fast. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] must not get much sleep, LOL. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all your support!
I manage a 5 star cabin rental business and OwnerRez is definitely a 5 Star software company. I highly recommend!

Pros:

There are so many automated templates to improve communication with each of my overnight rental guests. Ease of use Integration with my website and wi-fi door locks

Cons:

Text messaging is something very important to me for sending door codes, but I understand that is under final testing and will be rolled out soon.

Ashish
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Awesome site

Comments: This is of interest to those homeowner who reply to their own inquiries. Just come across a website called Owner Reservations. They have an online software that will (1) Automate your replies to inquiries as long as minimum data set / specific information is contained within the initial inquiry. If not, then email is sent to you to do reply (which is very easy and you can do on your mobile. System will also recognise if their are comments in the inquiry, if present you can set it to auto-reply or leave it for you to do. Content of reply is fully editable.
(2) Sends a rental agreement for guest to sign online.
(3) Automatically collect payments. If initial payment is made via credit card, system will collect balance and security deposit automatically.
(3) Sends reminders for all scheduled payments ie balance and security deposit automatically at a time interval you set. .
(4) Refunds security deposit automatically at a time interval you set. .
(5) Add surcharges ie we charge a cleaning fee if the guests stay less than 7 days. This can be done on the system
(6) Offer discounts for certain times of the year that you can set.
(7) Sends out a receipt automatically.
(8) Different email templates ie one for initial inquiry, one for balance due, one for security deposit due, even one for checklist. The timing of these are all amendable.
(9) Export calenders.
(10) Any replies from guests are sent to you personal / business inbox.
I have tried it out and it is an absolutely fantastic system. It has the potential of saving me a lot of time. Future additions
(1) Optional extra ie pool heat, BBQ, and crib hire will be optional extras guests can add to the quote immediately prior to paying.
Cost is only <$5 for every booking they take on your behalf. Your own booking are free. The guys who own the website are very receptive and have sorted out any issues within 24 hours. Really fantastic service.